• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The phase 8 row facing the garden are all type 30, hence the popularity. All said, MYR800k is still pretty affordable to Singaporeans. Extra land is charged at MYR75 psf.

The UEM folks seems to have mastered the technique. They bring in buses of Singaporeans in the last few weekends prior to the launch, and served buffet lunch. They encouraged those interested to register to be in que.

When they accumulated enough names, they released the price, and started calling up registered customers to commit quickly or else someone will take it. Arrgghh... they used to be much simpler Malay folks. Now they understand psychology.

The marketing team who plans all these marketing tactics are really quite talented.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops! They blocked up the road leading to the terrace phase 8 showhouse. I did not check with my SE... but it does look like the terraces are sold out. We then drove up to the semi-D showhouse. Oops again... the Type B showhouse has been dismantled. Fortunately the Type A showhouse was still intact. So we went round snapping pictures of Type A semi-D and the 2 bungalow showhouses.

I knew type A semi-D fully sold out last week. Now looks like the type B are no more as well.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I agree that their decision depends on market response. If take up rate for Semi-ds and Bungalows are slow, why wouldn't they build terraces which are selling like hot cakes?

Now I seriously think that there is a very high chance that they have been lying about having no more terraces and semi-ds in future. They have been saying that before the launch of phase 8 terraces. Their motive is to push sell the terraces of phase 8 and semi-ds of phase 2.

Oh No. I hope not. They say it is UEM Land etc. blah blah blah and will not lie. The remaining plot of land will build very nicely NS facing terraces. My wife is paranoid about afternoon sun. We book a NE facing unit even though we have a chance to book those facing the gardens (afternoon sun).

Everyone we met seems to be very confident that the remaining units will only be bungalow units, of RM3 million each, with basement car park and a pool.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know how much does it cos to get a live in maid now? Will Singaporean living in JB be allow to get a live in maid? Anyone here have got a live in maid?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh No. I hope not. They say it is UEM Land etc. blah blah blah and will not lie. The remaining plot of land will build very nicely NS facing terraces. My wife is paranoid about afternoon sun. We book a NE facing unit even though we have a chance to book those facing the gardens (afternoon sun).

Everyone we met seems to be very confident that the remaining units will only be bungalow units, of RM3 million each, with basement car park and a pool.

Congratulations on getting your terrace in phase 8. To be frank, I really love the surrounding environment of Phase 7 & 8 than Phase 2. Phase 7 & 8 terraces are surrounded by gardens which are big and spacious, the feeling is great.

Don't worry about what I've said, it's with no evidence but just a wild guess. They have their reason for wanting to build Bungalows instead of Terraces because they are selling Bungalows at much higher PSF price than Terraces. Provided that there are such demands for expensive RM3mil bungalows by next year, if not, their contingency plan might be to build semi-ds and terraces, that's common sense. Lets hope that there are demand for bungalows by next year and they won't need to build more terraces. If that's the outcome, your terrace will be highly sought after in future since it is limited.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow that means i gota set aside some cash to snap up those future twin villas at rm1.3 million onwards. Just a matter of time before their twin villas hit rm2 million ... land is limited around the space in East Ledang after all!

If you read Coolsaint77 and Matix's reply, they have said that the sales persons have told them that there might be no more Semi-Ds after Phase 2 as it'll be All bungalows in future. Even areas originally designated to be for Semi-Ds and townhouses are going to be changed to bungalows.

niczap

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm after reading so many posts regarding broadband, i seriously do not know which broadband i should apply for my investments. I dont want a situation where my admin girl is sitting in the office without power supplies or decent broadband or my tenants keep complaining to me about slow broadband.

Hi consider broadband internet by Unifi. I got this info from a couple who lives in east ledang (but this developement uses fibreoptic). They subscribed to the VIP50 plan which costs 149RM/month and includes:
- 60GB download/month (though not monitored and imposed currently)
- download/upload up to 5Mbps
- a home line (free calls to other TM fixed lines)
- basic TV channels (which includes Channelnewsasia)

They are satisfied with the performance except for the busy technician and long appointment.

Here's more information on Unifi's website:
http://www.unifi.my/unifi/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=58

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually quite (very) surprised soooo many buyers for projects that have open concept...

Really so many can accept this kind of concept without any fencing?

Maybe I still too conservative... but personally, I still prefer to have some fencing for security reasons.

No offence to EL, LH, etc buyers, cheers!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For you guys who were discussing about internet access, here's something I read in somebody's blog:

Home Internet in Johor East Ledang

I've been asked this question by quite a no of people, so I thought it's worth writing about.

The home internet we are using is broadband internet by Unifi. We subscribed to the VIP50 plan which costs 149RM/month and includes:
- 60GB download/month (though not monitored and imposed currently)
- download/upload up to 5Mbps
- a home line (free calls to other TM fixed lines)
- basic TV channels (which includes Channelnewsasia)

To subscribe, you will need to call their hotline and schedule for an appointment. This can be quite troublesome as their technicians are quite busy so the open slots are quite limited and you may have to wait for a couple of weeks. My advice is to call as soon as you can to book for the appointment.

The connection runs on optic fibre backbone and is very fast, much faster than Starhub in Singapore. There were a couple of incidents of internet connection not being available for about an hour (apart those caused by occasional power outages). Other than that, I've not had any other problems and am happy with the speed we're getting. We use internet for Skype calls, download files and watching Youtube is not such a hassle now :smile:

Here's more information on Unifi's website:
http://www.unifi.my/unifi/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=58

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its amazing how long people leave their property vacant.

At Nusa Idaman Phase 2 (the earliest!) which has been around for 2 years plus, i am just seeing the last of the corner units doing their renovation.

Malaysian people takes ages to renovate their house. I know of some people who spend a whole year renovating their house.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody can recommend me a reliable/decent agent dealing in HH rentals? I may be keen to explore renting a place there (the smaller the place the better and budget not exceeding RM2.5k) due to work.

Will also need advice on a SGporean staying in MY, driving a SG-registered car and still having reservist commitments.

Thanks for all help rendered!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Anybody can recommend me a reliable/decent agent dealing in HH rentals? I may be keen to explore renting a place there (the smaller the place the better and budget not exceeding RM2.5k) due to work.

Will also need advice on a SGporean staying in MY, driving a SG-registered car and still having reservist commitments.

Thanks for all help rendered!

Try not to get through agent, you can approach folks directly and save each other from having to deal through agents. You can also do the agreement yourselves and just get it stamped, etc.

Should be no issue but if you plan on staying more than 2 days, then you should inform them and get exit permit. SG registered car no problem as cars parked in the compound is safe. I have neighbours who has more than 3-4 cars.

In fact, if you want to blend in, there are lots of used cars, like a 2nd hand Perodua 4 door (auto gear) car, saw a place at Giant Skudai selling this at $7800 RM. Road tax for those low CC ones are like 50-90 RM per year.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its amazing how long people leave their property vacant.

At Nusa Idaman Phase 2 (the earliest!) which has been around for 2 years plus, i am just seeing the last of the corner units doing their renovation.

Malaysian people takes ages to renovate their house. I know of some people who spend a whole year renovating their house.

Hey Coolsaint77, thats probably because their houses are freehold. If its freehold, unlike 99 leasehold homes, you don't need to quickly get it done up and move in/rent out.

You can afford to take a much longer time and get the things you want done just the way you want. As a bro here once told me, even if you renovate 5 years later, there is no issue. You can even do it slowly, like improve a part of the house first and another part later if you have financial or time constraints.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Coolsaint77, thats probably because their houses are freehold. If its freehold, unlike 99 leasehold homes, you don't need to quickly get it done up and move in/rent out.

You can afford to take a much longer time and get the things you want done just the way you want. As a bro here once told me, even if you renovate 5 years later, there is no issue. You can even do it slowly, like improve a part of the house first and another part later if you have financial or time constraints.

Totally agreed. It is not as if we are in a hurry to move in. For weekend home, you have lot of time . Why spent so much decorating the place when you only visit once a week ? I am one who will go slow one at a time.
I fact I find thrill in doing it myself at the pace I want. Unless you are rushing to do a open house or house warming, there is really no necessity to set a finished by date. In fact less decoration and furnitures make cleaning much easier.:smile:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

Hmm...ok, got to read up more on this exit permit then.

Yes, I am thinking of getting a used MY car for here if my plan materializes to ease traveling around and seeing customers/suppliers.

Try not to get through agent, you can approach folks directly and save each other from having to deal through agents. You can also do the agreement yourselves and just get it stamped, etc.

Should be no issue but if you plan on staying more than 2 days, then you should inform them and get exit permit. SG registered car no problem as cars parked in the compound is safe. I have neighbours who has more than 3-4 cars.

In fact, if you want to blend in, there are lots of used cars, like a 2nd hand Perodua 4 door (auto gear) car, saw a place at Giant Skudai selling this at $7800 RM. Road tax for those low CC ones are like 50-90 RM per year.

markhida22

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, last month I have rented a small terrace unit in Gateway for RM1.6K
through an agent named Ben (012-766 3655) from Tophills Realty. I found his service prompt and reliable.

You can also go to Tophills website to search for the list of HH units on rental, but i just found from a HH sales rep that many more rental units are available but not listed on the realty's website because once a realty agent listed the rental units, agents from other realty will just take it for their own. Hence call up the agents to find out more good rental units that meet your budget.

Found out from HH sales rep (are they resourceful!) that the rent of smaller terrace units in Gateway is in the range of RM$1400 to $RM1700.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have read somewhere earlier in this thread that foreign maids are RM$400 per month. Are foreigners with MM2H allowed to employ maids? Are there any foreign worker levy for maids? Anyone can help me with this query? Thank you in advance for replying. :smile:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi friend, your advise is indeed great and what you planned for your family's future is indeed highly commendable. Life here is very hectic and costs are rising tremendously. There are days when I dare not go out for fear of incurring unneccessary losses. If I drive then there are exorbitant sums to pay for ERP, parking and even getting a summons for a parking coupon that may have expired. Things are so tough that it causes us unneccessary stress. Medication is so expensive and so are the cost of a little favourite indulgences. Cinema shows are priced at unbelievablly high prices. I wonder if this is what we get from a FIRST WORLD NATION like Singapore. I would rather stay in a 3rd World like Malaysia, where there is still lots of respect given to us. Even their immigration and customs officers are a friendly lot and NOT so officious like those we encounter in our own country. The Malaysian police officers are also generally very helpful. There may be bad hats among their civil servants, but is'nt that the same here? There may be crimes there but are we really crime-free here.
Thanks for your advice. I have some money here and will be communicating with the web-sites you provided. Have a nice day in a vast and free country. Hope we may one day bump into one another and have a good chat in a kopi-tiam. The topic will centre on our beloved Singapore and what is becoming of her. Selamat Tinggal dan salaam sejatera.

Status
Not open for further replies.