• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shit, this is serious. How did hdb get to knw? Ur cousin frx took loan via sg banks?

My cousin's friend who bought a unit in HH some 7 month ago has received notification from the HDB to sell either his HDB flat or the HH property.......

how did they know he had bought a unit there? His family still resides in the HDB and they only comes out to HH on weekends or public holidays.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yalor! How did they know about the oversea propertise?:eek:

They do conduct checks occasionally.

I used to own a HDB flat and a condo. Vaguely i remember: i had to get HDB's consent to purchase a private property, and i had to to state somewhere i purchased the condo for own stay... i can't remember why i had to do that. Because of that they were expecting me to sell my HDB, which i did not. They called me every few months to "interview" me. They sent officers to spot check on me every few months. My mother bumped into the officer at the door on her way back from marketing in the morning.

Somehow they refused to believe i did not sublet my HDB. They harassed me for a few years but there was nothing they could do since i did not sublet my HDB.

I quietly shook my head. My immediate neighbour, a Malay family, was having financial problem and rented out the whole flat illegally (they moved back to their mother's house to stay), yet they chose to harass me.

Ever since then i swore never to touch HDB properties, they officers are profoundly dumb.

For Soul_Reaper's friend's case, it is possible an HDB officer could have done a spot check, and family members or neighbours somehow unknowingly revealed the information.

Last edited:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah like that soon most of us will be getting letters from hdb huh? My flat is vacated but not sure to rent out yet. Bought from hdb about 9 years ago and nit pretty sure with the rulings. Now heard from the news must ask permission from hdb before renting it out. Anyone also have same situation?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah like that soon most of us will be getting letters from hdb huh? My flat is vacated but not sure to rent out yet. Bought from hdb about 9 years ago and nit pretty sure with the rulings. Now heard from the news must ask permission from hdb before renting it out. Anyone also have same situation?

Only if your HDB haven't complete the minimum occupation period(MOP) of 5 years, you can't invest in private property even overseas.
If your HDB is over the MOP of 5 years, you can invest in private properties and still keep your HDB.
I don't know about the rule of renting out.

Last edited:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know when you are talking about water filter system, you mean the big external type or those 6 filter internal type?

I am going to install Diamond, external one at the car pouch. Better to lengthen the pipes so that the Diamond filter is within your compound.

Plus currently at HDB as well as my current new home. (BTW congrats me I just got my state consent approved) I had installed this

images

It is called The eSpring™ Water Purifier. It is a patented product from Amway Singapore. I just got this 1 month ago and the taste is obvious + I got a 32" LCD TV for $149.90. Monthly instalment of $67.67 for 24 months.

On top of it I get points and I'll get cash if I can get neighbours to purchase and join AMway for the above product.

If interested let me know free delivery (1 week in advance) for filter however if want to purchase, join me and lets earn passive cash while enjoying clean, bacteria free, filtered water.

Regards

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
My cousin's friend who bought a unit in HH some 7 month ago has received notification from the HDB to sell either his HDB flat or the HH property.......

how did they know he had bought a unit there? His family still resides in the HDB and they only comes out to HH on weekends or public holidays.

buying HH 7 months ago is before new rule right ? how come also cannot ?:confused:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did anyone apply for the Starhub Digital Global Voice plan? You need broadband. And it cost just S$10+ per month for u to make unlimited calls back to Singapore. Its free until 2011 till further notice but they will surely extend. Its definitely cheaper than roaming. Roaming on my hp cost about 60cent to $1 per minute..

How about from Singapore to Malaysia?

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok... some information on the most expensive terrace house in Johor, ie East Ledang. Price released today.

Type 26 intermediate unit: 2766 sft BU, 1950 sft land area, costs MYR661888 (NW facing) and MYR667888 (SE facing)
Type 28 intermediate unit: 2949 sft BU, 2100 sft land area, costs MYR705888 (NW facing) and MYR710888 (SE facing)
Type 30 intermediate unit: 3315 sft BU, 2250 sft land area, costs MYR793888 (SE facing) and MYR835888 (NW facing, all garden facing)

As you can see, NW facing is about 5 - 6k cheaper than SE facing, but garden facing commands a premium of about MYR45k-47k.

For corner units:
Type 26 has 3175 sft BU, Type 28 also 3175 sft BU, Type 30 has 3498 sft BU

The largest corner unit for Type 26 has 4731 sft land area (MYR941888), for Type 28 has 4806 sft land area (MYR993888) and Type 30 has 4034 sft land area (MYR964888). The Type 28 has the highest pricing because of the garden facing premium.

Very very ex... those who bought during phase 7 must be smiling now :biggrin:

I booked a Type 30 end corner. Given that interest rate is 1% here and 5% in Malaysia, does it make sense to refinance here and pay up the Malaysia house? I am thinking of opening an account in Malaysia, and then deposit money over there to do the progressive payments. But we are only allowed to bring in 10,000RM each visit right?

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah today don't know what happened and was stuck in the jam at causeway. Cleared customs in singapore at 7:35. Still come out at same time at 6am.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah today don't know what happened and was stuck in the jam at causeway. Cleared customs in singapore at 7:35. Still come out at same time at 6am.

so your kids were late for school ? I don't like to take chance on such freak incident, just once and the school going kids will be worry about being late everyday. Is Singapore custom checking more thoroughly today ? Maybe our end do not want to encourage too many people moving over !!! So occasionally make some inconvenience .:biggrin:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya my son was 15min late. Nit sure what really happen today. But seems that in Singapore immigration closed one of the lanes. But later reopened after passed the place. Missed! Hahaha! The customs same not through check. Stop and check bonnet. If this continues maybe will be reverting to tuas then

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I booked a Type 30 end corner. Given that interest rate is 1% here and 5% in Malaysia, does it make sense to refinance here and pay up the Malaysia house? I am thinking of opening an account in Malaysia, and then deposit money over there to do the progressive payments. But we are only allowed to bring in 10,000RM each visit right?

You can remit via money changer from SG to your MY account. For payment to developer you can also remit directly to their account. Same rate as changing cash and no charge.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can remit via money changer from SG to your MY account. For payment to developer you can also remit directly to their account. Same rate as changing cash and no charge.

Or you can negotiate with your developer to give you a better rate, then you issue Singapore cheque base on that rate. Save time, save the hassle.:smile:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really sorry to hear about your cousin's friend. Is a dilemma no one wants to face.
Cannot be due to the new 'cooling measure' because that was less than 7 months ago.
So it can only be MOP not complied. If so, I better make sure I play by the rules.

On the flip side, is actually a piece of good news for those who are investing by the rules. How come?

Because it reflects the better cooperation between the Singapore & Malaysia authorities. This is a fresh departure from the squabbling ageing old guards condition that is now a thing of the past . This can only be positive for Nusajaya... Better cooperation bw the authorities gives more confidence of political risk minimisation in buying JB properties as there is now explicit guarantee of good investing environment especially extended to Singaporeans. When more understand that, there will be an increased demand for Nusajaya properties. See how long ago and number of pages that Brother Wuqi took to make believers of doubters...and how much the property price has increased since. Buy for own use ( whether daily or aim retirement) and you will not be disappointed, thats my position. If can rent, will be a bonus...most expensive terrace in KL RM1.6m, can imagine someday in maybe 10 years, JB can be RM1m (why not?). ..

There is a mutual need. JB is a welcome pressure release valve of pressure-house Singapore.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck. Need chastity belts for your mother, wife and daughter?

Fellow countrymen, i am fed up with the system and uprooting my family to JB. My friends are doing the same

This is my plan:

Get a couple of higher end properties for around 200k, example near to golf course, etc. Get properties with at least 3 layers of security. Secure your place with additional CCTV cameras etc. Live there and continue working in SG. Take morning express bus to Jurong East and take MRT or park your car there beforehand so you can continue from Jurong East by car:
http://www.handalindah.com.my/latest.php

Places like Mont Calista, Horizon hills and others are just good examples. Especially Horizon Hills as its a very integrated place. A Chinese primary school, international school, shops are all there inside the secured compound.

It also has a full 18 hole golf course and my parents and siblings were amazed.
It really took us a total of 15 minutes to the place and its very nice and close to all amenities. I am taking my keys to my 2nd unit there and i must say, its really nice with a nice resort feel. The golf course and olympic sized pool helps too.

Mont Calista is great too, lots of space and very big.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats very strange, it very works for HH area. Several friends has it and its working fine. I tried it, so far no issues.

Digi doesn't cover this area and a friend tried Maxxis here but results not good.

I fed up with maxis wireless broadband pls suggest. M looking at hardline if speed download r upload at least 2mbps n above.

I m at gateway.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone up for a petition to complain to HH at gateway for issues pertaining to toilet bowl choke n faulty screwed wiring? Unfortunately I had hack my floor already not sure whether they will cover.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good luck. Need chastity belts for your mother, wife and daughter?

Thanks King of abalone, you are more than 1 year too late for the reminder. Yes of course, rapes, robberies and slashing NEVER occurs in Singapore. Go to Yishun or Sembawang MRT station when you are free, there are reminders of snatch thief and bicycle/motorcycle snatch thieves at the MRT station. This never happened in the Singapore i know of old. Now, its becoming a cold hearted cowboy town. We are degnerating to the wild wild west of the 60s.

Thanks for the reminder as my family travels to SG as well, as you stay in SG, please remember to buy it too for your family, your dad, your son and not forgetting for yourself as well due to the high number of certain FTs there. :smile:

I wish you and all your orifices well.

Status
Not open for further replies.