• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Streamyx then. Sorry Danteakc, i can't join you on this as i really have no issues with them. They will fix it though, just ask some of the key people in township to help, most if not all of the time, they will.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for the reply Contra, very surprised but definitely should be because of the MOP restriction not being adhered to. This is the first case i have heard.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Streamyx then. Sorry Danteakc, i can't join you on this as i really have no issues with them. They will fix it though, just ask some of the key people in township to help, most if not all of the time, they will.

I applied for stemyx but was rejected as they informed me that my place not available. The funny part was that there is a TM junction box right infront of my place. They said my row don't have but the rows behind me yes. Asked them to get a technician to come down to check buy no calls received after that. Now trying P1max. Slow and weak signal. Asked one p1 guy was told no coverage yet. Told me that can return and get full refund. Looking for another alternative now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
wah like that i also donno wat company to apply for my internet. i heard there are power failures in HH as well? Must have mobile broadband and a netbook with 6 hour of spare battery to back up in the event of power failure

OR you could go to the HH clubhouse, Station One cafe or if you don't have your laptop with you, just go to Ali cafe near the Allianz bank, go to the 2nd floor and use their Mac machines. :smile:

Of course, buy a drink or coffee and sit yourself down and enjoy free internet.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
OR you could go to the HH clubhouse, Station One cafe or if you don't have your laptop with you, just go to Ali cafe near the Allianz bank, go to the 2nd floor and use their Mac machines. :smile:

Actually so many offer free wifi. At jusco itself there is a few diners that offer free wifi. Go one place get their password, can log on liao. But sian abit lah. Hopefully there will be some solution. Like to surf at home.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In HH, Celcom mobile broadband is probably the most available.

I subscribed to U Mobile's mobile bb 6 months subscription, when last visited KL as they have best rates & get to keep the dongle after 6 months. U Mobile is the newest player by the Berjaya Group & ST Telemedia (Starhub). Limited coverage in JB, covering mostly old part of JB. But expanding fast. Anyway when in HH clubhouse, I whacked in the U mobile bb dongle and indeed it asked me if I want to roam on Celcom's waves being the only one avaialble.

Celcom is the king of coverage in Malaysia, for now. But over-the-counter service not as good. My plan is to buy a prepaid chip (mobile bb) from Celcom and slot into my U Mobile dongle when the area has no U Mobile.

For those not bought yet, do assess Celcom mobile bb.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just heard news that East Ledang Harmony Phase 8 link duplexes are all sold out. This is just a few days from release. Need to verify though if the claim include the lots reserved for the Bumis.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm a day trader, laptop is 15:6 eat batt like drink water. As mention does streamxy covers gateway???

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
In HH, Celcom mobile broadband is probably the most available.

I subscribed to U Mobile's mobile bb 6 months subscription, when last visited KL as they have best rates & get to keep the dongle after 6 months. U Mobile is the newest player by the Berjaya Group & ST Telemedia (Starhub). Limited coverage in JB, covering mostly old part of JB. But expanding fast. Anyway when in HH clubhouse, I whacked in the U mobile bb dongle and indeed it asked me if I want to roam on Celcom's waves being the only one avaialble.

Celcom is the king of coverage in Malaysia, for now. But over-the-counter service not as good. My plan is to buy a prepaid chip (mobile bb) from Celcom and slot into my U Mobile dongle when the area has no U Mobile.

For those not bought yet, do assess Celcom mobile bb.

Have u tried http://speedtest.net/
currently for maxis mobile 2am on weekdays are running at 1Mbps. lame.
I might get streamxy first then dispose maxis mobile.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huh the price is so high still can sold out? seems that the spillover effect of sinkie high rental and sale price of properties have reached East Ledang, which is the nearest property playground for our investors.

But come to think of it, if a sinkie wants to stay in a normal terrace, the instalment is perhaps S$1000 per month. Not a bad deal with cheep petrol and utilities.

I went to view the terrace show units yesterday, the terraces are really much bigger and grander than I've expected. Those units facing the garden between phase 7 and 8 enjoy unblocked view of the garden which is really big and the feeling of spaciousness is fantastic. The garden is so much bigger than the one in phase 2 which is an enclave of the more expensive semi-ds and bungalows.

Paying so much lesser for a terrace, compared to semi-d and bungalow, but yet gets to enjoy such a spacious garden which is even nicer and bigger than phase 2's garden, it's really the best value in East Ledang thus I'm not surprise that the terraces are sold out within days of its launch. I've just checked with a sales exec and she confirmed that it's sold out, plus many names are on waiting list hoping that someone will backout.

Last edited:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok... i hope no one is going to accuse me of having vested interest or trying to stir up the market.

Today we dropped by East Ledang again, for the xxxth time (lost count). We wanted to snap some pictures of the show houses ID before they remove everything.

Oops! They blocked up the road leading to the terrace phase 8 showhouse. I did not check with my SE... but it does look like the terraces are sold out. We then drove up to the semi-D showhouse. Oops again... the Type B showhouse has been dismantled. Fortunately the Type A showhouse was still intact. So we went round snapping pictures of Type A semi-D and the 2 bungalow showhouses.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to view the terrace show units yesterday, the terraces are really much bigger and grander than I've expected. Those units facing the garden between phase 7 and 8 enjoy unblocked view of the garden which is really big and the feeling of spaciousness is fantastic. The garden is so much bigger than the one in phase 2 which is an enclave of the more expensive semi-ds and bungalows.

hi do u happen to know the future launches in east ledang? It now seems that East Ledang new terraces are hotter than HH, due to the close proximity to Singapore and the great attractions and international colleges completion drawing near!

The UEM folks are at the peak of their confidence at the moment. I was told the rests would be all bungalows, even those originally slated for townhouses and semi-Ds. But i guess it all depends on the market response.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Paying so much lesser for a terrace, compared to semi-d and bungalow, but yet gets to enjoy such a spacious garden which is even nicer and bigger than phase 2's garden, it's really the best value in East Ledang thus I'm not surprise that the terraces are sold out within days of its launch. I've just checked with a sales exec and she confirmed that it's sold out, plus many names are on waiting list hoping that someone will backout.

The phase 8 row facing the garden are all type 30, hence the popularity. All said, MYR800k is still pretty affordable to Singaporeans. Extra land is charged at MYR75 psf.

The UEM folks seems to have mastered the technique. They bring in buses of Singaporeans in the last few weekends prior to the launch, and served buffet lunch. They encouraged those interested to register to be in que.

When they accumulated enough names, they released the price, and started calling up registered customers to commit quickly or else someone will take it. Arrgghh... they used to be much simpler Malay folks. Now they understand psychology.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi do u happen to know the future launches in east ledang? It now seems that East Ledang new terraces are hotter than HH, due to the close proximity to Singapore and the great attractions and international colleges completion drawing near!

A few sales persons told me that there will be no more terraces in East Ledang after Phase 8 which is already sold out.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The UEM folks are at the peak of their confidence at the moment. I was told the rests would be all bungalows, even those originally slated for townhouses and semi-Ds. But i guess it all depends on the market response.

Yes I agree that their decision depends on market response. If take up rate for Semi-ds and Bungalows are slow, why wouldn't they build terraces which are selling like hot cakes?

Now I seriously think that there is a very high chance that they have been lying about having no more terraces and semi-ds in future. They have been saying that before the launch of phase 8 terraces. Their motive is to push sell the terraces of phase 8 and semi-ds of phase 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.