• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
We just went to Soul Thai for massage and thai food, it was our 4th visit. This massage place has very nice reno! :smile:

Nice, to be fair, we haven't tried the food there yet but the massage was a bit too harsh for my liking, my wife kind of got injured trying their massage.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good for you Linked, there will always be pro and cons to any place, even in our beloved Singapore. Any country that you will go to, there will be good people and not so nice people. Its always good to put things into perspective and see things for yourself rather than just basing your decision on hearsay. Crime will always happen, somewhere somehow, thats why even our very efficient police says, low crime doesn't mean no crime.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Noticed he will selectively ignore what he doesn't want to hear or reply.
Beware, don't post anything bad about SG as some people will react
very strongly.

Slashings, killings, gangfights and floods, these are only for 3rd world
countries and will NEVER happen in safe and secure SG.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing much to share actually as I am still picking up my experiences for the past 3 months. Am at Prima Regency currently. Bought a studio at Palazio and waiting for TOP as well as EDL's opening.

Otherwise - there is this blog (http://j-travel.blogspot.com/) I find very interesting because he documents some nice food places to try out (mostly JB).

Also for those who want to save even further, maybank's friends and family masters card (SG) is a must have 5% cash back on petrol in JB as well as tescos's, giant and carrefour. =)

Using SG credit card in overseas, you'll lose on lousy exchange rate from the bank so it's not exactly a 5% cash back. Best is to get a Malaysia's credit card and settle your bills in RM.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice, to be fair, we haven't tried the food there yet but the massage was a bit too harsh for my liking, my wife kind of got injured trying their massage.

Then you should choose oil massage instead of Thai massage, but price is more than double! To be frank, don't waste your money on their food, I'll give it 5 out of 10. Now you know why I only mentioned about the nice reno :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Using SG credit card in overseas, you'll lose on lousy exchange rate from the bank so it's not exactly a 5% cash back. Best is to get a Malaysia's credit card and settle your bills in RM.

Thanks to bro euphony for sharing but i think investor is right here as the exchange rate is pretty bad.

A lot of places in both SG and JB can give you better rates but you must change in larger notes(50 dollar notes will do) and in larger sums. .

One thing we might want to share is the best place to change money in SG and in JB.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, the booking part before launch needs to be verified by if true, then it sounds like property here is really moving.

About 2 months ago, I was told that almost all the corner units of Phase 8 were already reserved! I found that there was only one left and told the sales person that I wanted to reserve that unit and will pay the deposit as soon as I can. On the next day, she called and told me that her manager had already received a cheque for reservation of that unit :mad: I ended up getting inter-terraces of Phase 7 about one month later when someone couldn't get their loan from the bank and had to give up their units.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to bro euphony for sharing but i think investor is right here as the exchange rate is pretty bad.

A lot of places in both SG and JB can give you better rates but you must change in larger notes(50 dollar notes will do) and in larger sums. .

One thing we might want to share is the best place to change money in SG and in JB.

So far I think you can get one of the best rates from The Arcade at Collyer Quay. Not those on the 1st floor but those on the 2nd floor, you can compare their rates as they show it on their electronic display board. What I've noticed is that shop 'A' might be giving the best rate today, but comes tomorrow, shop 'D' is giving the best rate. So just compare when you are there. Difference can be up to RM0.30 per S$100. So if you change S$100k, difference can be RM300.

If comparing the good rate from Arcade and other normal money changer in shopping centres, difference can even be RM1.50 per S$100.

Last edited:

yattokame

Hi Yattokame, there are a lot of other places such as LF and EL amongst others. HH wise, you are a bit late. Some properties by Setia is good too. Try to buy direct from developers if you can. Cheers

Hi thanx for replying.

What's LF and EL? I don't even know where to start. Any websites?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi investor how much % of loan did the bank give you on your first purchase? I was told usually foreigners they will give 80-85% at most so i was quite surprised they gave me 90% loan.. i think from my 2nd house onwards they wont give me anything more than 85% though.

I asked for 80% and thus they gave me that rate for both 1st and 2nd units =) Which bank did you get your loan from? What's your interest rate and lock-in period? I think they are willing to give you 90% because of your high income :biggrin:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
are u planning to rent out your properties soon in nusajaya? do u have any idea the rental rate for terrace and semi-de or cluster etc?

All my units will only be completed in 2012, so I can only rent them out by then, I'm actually using the Semi-D as weekend home for a start.

For present rental rate, one of our fellow forumer(for his privacy sake, I won't mention his Nick) managed to get RM3400 for his terrace in East Ledang with built up area of 29xx sq ft. As for Semi-D, I only heard from an agent that rental is around RM6xxx.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey coolstaint do u know where i can drop by to check out the condo at puteri harbour facing Singapore?

Its the nearest straits of land between singapore and malaysia. I simply cannot imagine the breath-taking sweeping panoramic view of Singapore from the top floor of the condo in puteri harour. Maybe one can even see SAF troops in action or cannons being fired. Full view I must say.

The sales office is at Puteri Harbour itself, 2nd floor of the clubhouse. They have a 3D model of Puteri Harbour on display, the sales person can show you the exact location of the condo, it is just beside the future indoor theme park and Traders Hotel which are under construction now. Price is expected to be around RM750 psf. Take note of future high-rise nearer to the sea which might block your million dollar view, must choose the correct unit I guess :smile:
Office Tel: +607-530 2702/2127

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i got from standchart. Heard that their new office in Nusa Bestari is opening soon.. next to Giant the corner shophouse and opp HSBC i think.

Interest rate i dont have it with me now but its 4.0+% something.. lock in is 5 year standard. yes they were quite strict though.. actually called up my sect in singapore just to confirm that my company existed and even asked for my position in the company.

anyway i was told semi ds can fetch rm8000 now but I think this is just one of the "lucky" ones. normally should rm6000+ minimum. But its actually a great yield considering the fact that my monthly is perhaps rm3300 at most? So its a S$1000 profit monthly into my pocket, which I have never expected as my singapore condo and office didnt leave me much leftovers after instalments

Most other banks like UOB and HSBC are giving BLR-2.3% = 4%, with only 3 years lock in. St. Chart banker who stations at UEM office offered me BLR-2.4% = 3.9%. You should ask for better rate.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean this condo is not the end of the land just facing the sea? IF there is a possibility that something else can be built after it and blocking its sea view, then i think they are now looking for suckers only.. We wont know what is up on their sleeves.. i would foresee a price plunge for sure if something blocks their view though. rm750 psf is considered cheap when we are talking about unobstructed sea view facing Singapore.

From the 3D model of Puteri Harbour, you can see that one side of the condo is unblocked for high floor units as there are only low buildings of Indoor Theme Park and future CIQ on this side of the condo. This condo is over 30 floors. The other side which is directly towards the sea will be blocked by future high-rise which will be right beside the sea.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
damn 3.9%? Thats very low given malaysia's interest rate. I think i will call up the stanchart banker and wallop him until he gives me a better rate. If not i will threaten not to get the loan from him for my subsequent loans.

Yes, you should do it right now man :biggrin: It's a savings of thousands of Ringgit per month in interest considering your total loan amount for a few units.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow using a semi d as weekend home is quite a waste of money leh. for the benefit of ROI, i think i myself will stay in a cheap terrace worth rm300-400k instead and rent out all the semi d and bungalows.

Life is short :smile: We must also be enjoying it ourselves right :p My parents and wife like the bigger space of a semi-d, so have to use other investments for profit :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The one we did was the oil massage but it was not really worth the money unless you like pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.