• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where are you putting up at in JB? Perhaps you can also share with us your experience here.

Nothing much to share actually as I am still picking up my experiences for the past 3 months. Am at Prima Regency currently. Bought a studio at Palazio and waiting for TOP as well as EDL's opening.

Otherwise - there is this blog (http://j-travel.blogspot.com/) I find very interesting because he documents some nice food places to try out (mostly JB).

Also for those who want to save even further, maybank's friends and family masters card (SG) is a must have 5% cash back on petrol in JB as well as tescos's, giant and carrefour. =)

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello all Ive stayed in a condo near angsana since 2005 for 2 years and I really enjoyed staying there. When I stayed there, there was only few singaporeans but now I could see more and more singaporean renting and even bought the apartment there. Though my husband was sceptical about safety issue we still planning to buy our piece of property near gelang patah area. There are pros and cons but I really enjoy everytimes I stay in jb especially since Ive to visit my mom almost every possible weekends who have stayed in kulai for the past 2 years plus. There are rules to "know" and "understand" about staying in jb . Its indescribable the feeling of being in my moms place and able to basically enjoy the easy living there and being back home and felt claustophobic and "stressed". 1 thing I felt in jb is spacious, relax and time slow down and its the opposite when I came back to my own home. I care less about sceptics as Im done living like "zombie" in sg, So I really hoping to get more advise about buying a home there soon and getting my home early next year :smile:

yattokame

Hi all,

Went to view HH but they are all sold out except for the condo. Seems that they are launching superlink houses early next year for about RM700k up.

I quite like HH for its security and landscaping, and the accessibility to JUSCO. Are there any other similar locations? Am looking to buy for stay and for my parents and extended family's retirement.

Sorry i really couldn't read every post; really too much to stomach.

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to see you here! Actualy I quietly love Gelang Patah.. its the nearest town to the 2nd link and if u are doing business etc or just simple stay, Gelang patah is the surest bet. When my kids are ready to enter p1 in Singapore, I may move back to Singapore and relocate my office somewhere in Gelang Patah and renting out all my properties in HH and EL etc. In ten years time i foresee a rental income of RM 15,000 alone from Nusajaya and another S$3000 from Singapore after instalment payment. Hope I can retire soon as I have been working and hitting 18 hours mon to sun since 5-10 years ago!!

Thanks, my husband is working such hours too just for us to manage our livability in sg hence the reason to start making some adjustments. Im hoping to get more news about the international school and also the news of singapore school that will be in jb soon so that I dont need to send my son to sg daily. Great advises and opinions from you guys, its a good guides for those who might want to have more options in life.:cool:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Been broaching to my other half the topic about getting another property in JB since 2007 but have met with little success (she is a sceptic about JB). Until a couple of months back, i managed to persuade her to visit LF and that was where things changed.. Even my parents after visiting the place have agreed without a doubt that things are not as terrible as what they thought out to be. I am glad that the myth has been debunk... Now, the family is looking forward to relocate to our new place in LF and commute daily to SG to work.

Same for my parents. 18 months ago when i told them i was moving to stay in JB they were like "are you nuts???"

My mum has since stayed over a couple of weekends. When i indicated i might want to move back to SG for a few years before returning to JB again for the convenience of kids, she was like "why? its ok to have kids in JB wad". I can see her enjoying every minute of the relaxed life and big spaces here.

whybornme

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO,singaporeans who stay or want to reside in malaysia and commute between singapore for work or for whatever reasons are predominantly working class or lower middle class people.

no rich singaporean folks would want to do stay there,when you are a high net worth person,your priorty over safety overrides cheap living space.

i am a malaysian and i wont be staying in JB anytime soon.

those who do,good luck to you.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parkway unit inks deal to build Gleneagles hospital in Iskandar

Tue, Dec 07, 2010
Reuters

SINGAPORE, Dec 7 (Reuters) - Global Capital & Development (GCD), a consortium whose members include Malaysian state investor Khazanah and Abu Dhabi's Mubadala , will develop a 300-room private hospital in Malaysia's Iskandar region, GCD said on Tuesday.

This follows an agreement with Malaysian hospital operator Pantai worth US$156 million (S$203.2 million) to build the Gleneagles Medini Hospital in the Iskandar economic zone located just north of Singapore.

Pantai is a part of Singapore healthcare group Parkway Holdings , which was taken over by Khazanah earlier this year.

Parkway operates Singapore's Mount Elizabeth and Gleneagles hospitals, which are both very popular with businessmen and politicians from across Asia.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Straits Times, Tuesday, 7th Dec 2010.(Page B14)

Singapore and Malaysian investors will jointly develop a RM500 million waterfront residential and commercial project in Johor(Danga Bay). Imperial Marina, a Singapore property investment company will chip in RM150 million. The development will comprise of 700 units of serviced apartments spread over several tower blocks with retail space incorporated.

Azea Property Investment educates investors looking to invest in real estate. Azea Property ties its 1,000 investor members with potential deals across the world. Most of the buyers in the Danga Bay development will come from this group of investors.

All available units in one of the tower blocks have already been booked even before the project launch.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ghosh i sure hope a property bubble doesn't form here in JB. It is rising a little too fast. Imagine the Ujana apartment is all sold out except 2 bumi units. They are planning to launch the seaview condos at Puteri Harbour at MYR800 psf. Initially they wanted to go for MYR900 psf... then the mgt chicken out and decided to lower the quality of materials a little and price at MYR 700 to 800 psf.

The 7 room small pool inclusive bungalows at EL which were sold at MYR2.4m would have been a good buy, unfortunately we all have missed this. Now they want to launch new phase, bigger than this, but at MYR3.0m... i sure hope the developer gets a little market lesson and suffer a little setback... i prefer a slow and sustainable rise

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why I think terraces of East Ledang at around RM240 psf is the best buy. Moreover, there are no more terraces in EL after last phase 8. In future, all are Semi-Ds and Bungalows. I failed to get one more terrace in phase 7, all sold out :mad::mad::mad:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I think terraces of East Ledang at around RM240 psf is the best buy. Moreover, there are no more terraces in EL after last phase 8. In future, all are Semi-Ds and Bungalows. I failed to get one more terrace in phase 7, all sold out :mad::mad::mad:

I noticed the sales staff try to discourage buyers from taking the terraces. I thought the new batch were not launched yet? And wasn't the starting price like 700k +? Anyway, i think our phase 2 balances of Type D & E are the last of the semi-Ds. They have changed their plan to make it all bungalows for the rest of the development. Very ambitious... i hope they succeed though, it is not a bad thing for our properties to be among enclaves comprising mainly bungalows... still i think semi-D would be their best bet of success

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello all Ive stayed in a condo near angsana since 2005 for 2 years and I really enjoyed staying there. When I stayed there, there was only few singaporeans but now I could see more and more singaporean renting and even bought the apartment there. Though my husband was sceptical about safety issue we still planning to buy our piece of property near gelang patah area. :smile:

Recently visited two areas around gelang patah: Bayu and Eco garden. Worth a visit. Most of the properties below rm 500k,hence not applicable for foreigner.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed the sales staff try to discourage buyers from taking the terraces. I thought the new batch were not launched yet? And wasn't the starting price like 700k +? Anyway, i think our phase 2 balances of Type D & E are the last of the semi-Ds. They have changed their plan to make it all bungalows for the rest of the development. Very ambitious... i hope they succeed though, it is not a bad thing for our properties to be among enclaves comprising mainly bungalows... still i think semi-D would be their best bet of success

Luckily I have both types then :smile: New batch phase 8 will be launching soon, soft launch will be on the 19th for those who've already reserved their units in phase 8.

Presently, phase 7 is fully sold, and so are Bungalows of phase 2, so definitely they will encourage you to buy Semi-D of Phase 2 as they are left with only Semi-Ds now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Yattokame, there are a lot of other places such as LF and EL amongst others. HH wise, you are a bit late. Some properties by Setia is good too. Try to buy direct from developers if you can. Cheers

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow, good for you. Its good to have a relaxing place to come home too, i am glad for you and your family.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, the booking part before launch needs to be verified by if true, then it sounds like property here is really moving.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, if Gleneagles come out to Iskandar, that would really be pretty good for everyone as it adds to the convenience(not that anyone wants to visit hospitals of course) :smile:
Thanks for sharing.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good for you edm, well done! :smile:
You can soon fish from the comfort of your own home, that is really nice. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
You mean banks will grant loans to each individual for a maximum of 3 units?

Yes, some banks will have that limit. Other banks may still lend though but the new law to discourage speculators is now to limit to 70% the 3rd loan for a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.