• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually there are around 300+ viewers in Coffee Shop Talk. Today, there are 1450 viewers. I guess most of the new viewers are here for Wiqi's "Living in JB" topic. Last time we can see the number of viewers in each individual topic but I can't find the numbers now.

Suddenly all got interested? I bet they are reading from page 1 now.....haha!

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually there are around 300+ viewers in Coffee Shop Talk. Today, there are 1450 viewers. I guess most of the new viewers are here for Wiqi's "Living in JB" topic. Last time we can see the number of viewers in each individual topic but I can't find the numbers now.

I wonder whether there was double or triple counting. I remember the old format forum has around 400+ before it failed, after the new layout and server it triple. Was it mere coincidence that more people flooded here.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Out of almost 1400 viewers now, only 47 are members, the rest are Guests. Anyway gforker did made his way here after the Sunday Times article didn't he?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
29ers

With the amount of land that Johore has, even around the two crossings from Sg, I seriously doubt that there will be a 'crowding' issue. There might possibly be a price hike problem though :0 which I gather will put a BIG smile on those in this forum ;0

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should go over and please setup a clinic over there as well. Many shop available at HH. Singapore trained doctor, I trust better but please charge me Msia price hor. Put your horizon longer, there is never a better time to invest. How much do you price fresh air , less jam and quiet night.

Gforker, aangsc is correct, What price would you put on fresh air, less stress and quiet night? By the way there are quite a number of shoplots in Horizon Hills and are available for Rent/Sale. A Doctor's surgery wouldn't go amiss and with the current population in HH alone, you might need to convince your fellow colleagues or classmates to join you. Don't forget that it was Aangsc and me that 'encouraged' you to come to HH. to setup your practice!!!!

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gforker, aangsc is correct, What price would you put on fresh air, less stress and quiet night? By the way there are quite a number of shoplots in Horizon Hills and are available for Rent/Sale. A Doctor's surgery wouldn't go amiss and with the current population in HH alone, you might need to convince your fellow colleagues or classmates to join you. Don't forget that it was Aangsc and me that 'encouraged' you to come to HH. to setup your practice!!!!

I offer my place for rent to rejuvenate your tired body and soul after your clinic operation hour...only walk a few steps into gateway, don't even need bicycle ....hee hee. win/win :-)
Any lawyer coming onboard , I wonder ?
I have been waiting for ages , hoping some decent eatery , spa or 7-11 shop at HH shophse , still no taker .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi - I think you've missed out this question from newbie gforker.

gforker - I share the same sentiments as LeMans, Horizon Hills, dapbest, Coolsaint and many others. For now, there are enough committed investments in Nusajaya which will keep the price moving up for at least the next 5 years. Beyond the 5 years all the way up to 25 years, I can only say that I can't see that far. Anyway if your intention is to get only one unit for own stay, current price can never be wrong as long as you think it's worth it. Current price is roughly S$100psf in EL and HH, you should know Singapore's price.

I can finally log in again, seems something wrong today, tried many times to log in but kept getting errors after i logged out in the morning.

Hi gforker, welcome to the discussion, apologies for missing it as probably your message was still under moderation when i was able to log in earlier today.

Its still a good time, not too late with enough growth to sustain, like some of the bros said, a good 5 years down the road at least and possibly longer. East Ledang pricing is a bit out of reach right now but you can still get gems around HH, Nusa Duta or even Setia Tropika (near to 1st link side)

The shophouses at HH are still at about 650 to 900k RM and you can rent for below 3k RM for most of them. You can do up a practice here and i am sure many would be your instant customers. (touch wood!!!) :smile:

Btw, before i forget, many thanks to Sam for putting this as a sticky.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi aangsc, There are actually quite a few lawyers already here, a few retired and practicing doctors, engineers and some architects.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like all big cities that have grown from small towns (Guandong, Shenchen can be examples here) as long as there is limitless land supply the city will keep growing up north.

This will keep a lid on property prices to some extend.

However well designed developments in key locations will standout and command premium prices /ofcourse provided economy is sound as well/

I can imagine if it's going to be crowded then i will need to move further up north.

QUOTE]

Last edited:

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi/fellow forumers, I am writing this from the apartment in Prima Regency Plentong Johor.. Tong Carriage did a good job for me. The facilities here are quite good. There is a small convenience mart, a laundry service(1 kg for 2.5rm) and a swimming pool. Planning to take a break for a while here..

I just suscribed to P1 and the reception is quite ok here in plentong. RM99 for 20GB, they use a wireless 4G router. I decided to get P1 as they are giving 20GB compared to the others who are offering only 5GB. Now there is a promotion going on, half price for 3 months. The P1 salesgirl is excellent(only 17 years old) and she answered my queries about the service immaculately. Fantastic service.

The apartment is near Plentong Tesco. I plan to visit Jusco Tebrau in the next 2 days but not sure if its far from here, looks pretty close from the map. The only channel I can receive clearly here is Channel U.. One malaysian friend told me they have been watching Singapore channels for many years, thanks to Singaporeans paying the tv license fees to keep the channels free. There is also a Giant here but its too dangerous to walk there as I have to cross a highway and there are no pedestrian paths.. I get around by bus and there is a bus stop beside the main gate. Every bus brings me back to the Johor Customs building.. There are a lot of drains here so have to be a bit careful.. The roads and grass patches are also bumpy unlike in Singapore. Life inside the apartment is comfortable but since I do not drive, getting around is a problem.. I currently only travel from Prima Regency to JB central and surrounding areas..

I walk to Tesco to buy food everyday. The supermarket prices are cheap but the food court has quite a few flies, not sure if its totally hygenic. Its very cheap to buy things by the cartons.. Marlboro cigarettes are 100RM for one carton.. About 17c per stick compared to 58c in Singapore. Breadfast for me is a 60-90cRM bread that I buy from Tesco.

I wish to find out from brothers here whether I should carry my passport everywhere I go within Malaysia or is it safer to keep it in the apartment?

I realise that the customs officers only browse through the passport and gives it back to me.. However there was once I went to the MACS queue and they scanned the passport like the Singapore Customs do.. The other counters do not seem to scan.. I saw one custom officer key something into the keyboard once but he too did not scan..

The people here are quite helpful and I have managed to figure some things out..

I wish to say thanks to the forumers here who have adviced me along the way.. Especially Bro Wuqi..

The tenancy agreement states one year with the option to renew for one more year. Do I have the right to ask for a renewal for one more year? Is the option to renew binding? Or both parties must agree to renew? Thanks a lot brothers..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be a pipe burst - not a pipe leak or a faulty meter. Get an approved plumber from SAJ website to check the meter.
visit www.saj.com.my

Rough calculation shows that you are using about 60m3 of water - assuming it's within a month. 60000 liters is HUGE. Hope you can sort this out soon and good luck.

You da expert... it is 60 cu. My normal usage is about 40 cu.. hence i'm monitoring for a few more days. Now you just make me feel really guilty.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to check if anyone can direct me to a 7-11 store around Bukit Indah The Jusco Tesco Giant area or nusa bestari side. I could not find one. I am looking for a 7-11 that has alcoholic beverages too (instead of having to go to the supermarket all the time)

7-11 shop at HH shophse ,QUOTE]

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there cathylmg,
Along the road towards HH there is a tuition shop. Here is their number for enquiries.

07-2366900
07-2344900

Status
Not open for further replies.