• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stayaplace

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had miss the website link that wuqi posted on the rental and sales of apartments in JB.

Could anyone post the link again? Thanks

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
UPDATE:
Najib happy with performance of GTP
Posted on March 21, 2011, Monday
http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=106042

KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said he is very pleased with the results of the Government Transformation Programme (GTP) although there was a great deal of scepticism when it was first launched.

He said the government had been pleasantly surprised that the targets had been achieved, and in some cases, they had even been surpassed.

“This is a wonderful testament to the commitment shown by the civil service,” he said in an interview, published in the latest issue of the Malaysian Business magazine, conducted by its Editor-in-Chief, Datuk A Kadir Jasin, Editor Charles Raj and News Editor Gurmeet Kaur.

The prime minister said the results to date were very encouraging and that “much of what we promised has been delivered.”

“Undoubtedly, some goals require a longer time period. For example, while there have been some improvements in urban transportation, with increased ridership on the LRT (light rail transit), construction of the new MRT (mass rail transit) will take time,” he said.

Najib said “the building blocks are in place to, firstly, alleviate congestion and improve what we currently have and, secondly, to implement the MRT system.”

He also said that members of the International Performance Review Committee, comprising public service experts from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, South Korea, Russia and Singapore had commended the work and results achieved by the government so far.

“This year, we will continue to have public engagements with the rakyat to seek their feedback on possible new areas of focus,” he said.

On what the latest review of the six National Key Result Areas (NKRAs) had shown, Najib said over a period of 12 months (January-December 2010), the efforts were already showing positive results.

The crime index has dropped by 15 per cent and street crime is down by 35 per cent.

This has been made possible with the mobilisation of more than 14,000 police officers to 50 crime hotspots.

In addition, close to 5,000 Rela (Peopleís Volunteer Corps) and JPAM (Civil Defence Force) members were deployed to the hotspots.

The prime minister said a survey conducted by Transparency International (TI) Global Corruption Barometer 2010 showed a marked improvement in the public’s perception of government efforts in fighting graft.

“It showed that 48 per cent of Malaysians think government efforts on corruption are effective.

“This is an increase from 28 per cent in 2009.

“In some areas, we have exceeded the targets. For pre-school enrolment, for example, we set up 1,500 new pre-school classes with an enrolment of 55,056 children.

“Hardcore poverty has been reduced to just 0.2 per cent through improving the income levels of more than 44,600 hardcore poor households.”

Efforts to improve urban transport have also shown positive results, with LRT ridership increasing by 2.43 million.

In the rural areas too, various projects such as provision of clean water, electricity, rural roads and building and restoration of houses for the poor, have benefited some two million people.

“These achievements have been due to the combined effort of government officers at all levels. It goes to show that the civil servants are capable of meeting ‘impossible targets’ with detailed programmes,” said Najib, adding that a document outlining the achievements would be published in keeping with the pledge to be transparent.

The prime minister said as many civil servants were involved in the Performance Management and Delivery Unit (Pemandu) Labs, which drew up the targets, “they are now keen to see that they deliver on their plans and promises.”

“They have been enthusiastic and diligent in ensuring that the targets are achieved.

The civil service has been very receptive to the changes that have been introduced with the GTP,” he said.

The prime minister said the targets and goals outlined had helped galvanise members of the civil service to deliver on the promises.

“The GTP has proven to be a major catalyst and a benchmark for the civil service to work harder and as a team for the benefit of the rakyat,” he added.

He also said that ministers had their individual Ministerial Key Result Areas (MKRAs) focused on delivering improved services to the people and achieving the targets that had been set for them.

On some of challenges faced by the government and how it is overcoming them, Najib said: “Public scepticism and doubts are among the greatest challenges.

“We have to work hard to deliver the results promised.”

“Once they see the benefits of improved public transport, greater transparency, lower crime rate, they will be convinced that the government means what it says.

“The government also does not disregard negative views. We make an effort to address and reply to as many queries as possible.

Pemandu continues to address the complaints and reach out.

Some success has been achieved, with some naysayers and sceptics beginning to appreciate the results that have been achieved.” — Bernama

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM6bil invested in Nusajaya

Local and foreign investors commit this amount into eight catalyst developments

By ZAZALI MUSA

[email protected]

NUSAJAYA: A total of RM6.15bil in new investments from local and foreign investors have been received for development projects in the eight catalyst developments (except EduCity components) in Nusajaya.

UEM Land Holdings Bhd managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim said the investments included RM500mil from Biocon Ltd, India to invest at SiLC (Southern Industrial and Logistics Clusters), RM2.3bil Canal Homes at Puteri Harbour by Bandaraya Development Bhd and RM500mil by Pantai Group for the Gleneagles Hospital at Medini.

Nusajaya is expected to benefit from better Malaysia-Singapore bilateral ties. Picture shows Bangunan Sultan Ismail, the Johor State Legislative building in Kota Iskandar, Nusajaya.
“Albeit operating in the global economic recession in 2008 and 2009, following the US sub-prime crisis and the European financial woes, we have been able to attract investments to Nusajaya,” he told StarBiz in an interview.

UEM Land Holdings is the master developer of the 9,308ha Nusajaya, which is one of the five flagship development zones in Iskandar Malaysia. The latter is the country's first economic growth corridor, launched on Nov 4, 2006, and spanning 2,217 sq km located in the southernmost part of Johor.

Wan Abdullah said Nusajaya was going to benefit from the improvement in bilateral ties between Malaysia and Singapore.

“Prior to this improvement, Singaporeans were waiting for a signal from their government on whether to invest in Nusajaya or Iskandar Malaysia.

“The announcement (in the middle of last year) that Khazanah Malaysia and Temasek Holdings would jointly develop a wellness township development in Danga Bay has sent a strong signal to Singaporeans to come and invest in Iskandar Malaysia,” he said.

Apart from targeting Singapore investors, UEM Land is also looking for Singaporeans who want to buy property or a second home in Johor.

Datuk Wan Abdullh Wan Ibrahim
“In Singapore you can't get get a landed property for S$1mil, whereas you can get a semi-D or bungalow in Iskandar for RM1mil,” he said.

“We are also targeting Malaysian professionals working in Singapore who want to stay in Nusajaya because of the close proximity to the Second Link.”

Another market UEM Land is seeking to tap is the middle-class segment from India, which comprises some 300 million Indians, and those from the Middle East.

“Despite the political uprisings in the Middle East, the region remains high in liquidity due to the strong petro-dollar. They'll look at safe havens to park their money,” Wan Abdullah said.

Five years ago, local and foreigners alike were quite skeptical when Nusajaya was launched amid a grand and glittering ceremony by the fifth Prime Minister Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.

Many doubted whether UEM Land would be able to undertake the gargantuan task once the party was over.

“We have proven our skeptics wrong and many are now really impressed with the progress being made in Nusajaya since day one,'' said Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim .

“Nusajaya was best described as a rough diamond in its early years. No one really gives a second look but with cuts on it, the stone is slowly showing its sparkle now,” said Wan Abdullah.

Wan Abdullah said much work needed to be done before Nusajaya, which is the largest urban development in South-East Asia, under the became a regional city by 2025.

Wan Abdullah said as the master developer of Nusajaya, the company's vision was to build a modern city with a focus on enhancing the lives of its residents.

He said Nusajaya must be a city unlike any other city in Malaysia and that the city must have signature developments to realise its vision to become Asia's new regional city and benchmarking itself with other major cities in the world.

Nusajaya comprises eight catalyst developments Kota Iskandar (Johor State New Administrative Centre), SiLC, Puteri Harbour Waterfront Development, EduCity, Health and Wellness, International Destination Resort and Nusajaya Residences.

Wan Abdullah said apart from continuing to attract new investments and strong interest from investors, several of the company's completed projects in Nusajaya had also won prestigious awards such as the Fiabci Malaysia Property Award 2009 (Puteri Harbour), Best Golf Development CNBC Asia Pacific Property Awards 2009 (Horizon Hills) and Fiabci Malaysia Property Ward 2010 for Public Sector (Kota Iskandar).

He said works on infrastructure and several projects in Nusajaya were on schedule and expected to be completed this year and within the next two to four years.

These include the RM1.4bil Coastal Highway linking Johor Baru city centre to Nusajaya, Asia's first Legoland Theme Park, Indoor Theme Park @ Puteri Harbour, Marlborough College, Newcastle University Medical Faculty, Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology and Pinewood Malaysia Iskandar Studios.

“On completion of these projects, Nusajaya will have enough content to attract investors and residents,'' said Wan Abdullah.

He added that it would be much easier to convince and attract them to Nusajaya as they could witness the developments taking place, unlike when it was first started five years ago.

Nevertheless, Wan Abdullah said UEM Land would not rest on its laurels and feel satisfied with what it had achieved so far; instead it would work even harder to keep the momentum going.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you on this one. This is one area where its really hard to beat Singapore. It would be a huge challenge for any government in the world to challenge Singapores primary school education system at the fee charged by the sg govt.

No choice lah. Schooling in Singapore is only $10.50 monthly as compared to those charged by international schools.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many things to do Skippy:
1) First the rectifications
2) Any simple renovations
3) Additional Electrical points/sourcing for lights/installing/ceiling fans if any
4) Water heater in toilets/modifications to toilet
5) Water pressure
6) Solar films for windows
7) Grills
8) Curtain rods
9) Curtains
10) Air Conditioners
11) Furniture --- beds/sofa/table/chairs
12) Stand fans
13) Kitchen appliances (including fridge)
14) TV and antennae/astro

Phew the list goes on and on.... Dun worry do it slowly. I took 14 months and am still doing it.... So there you go....

Good day all folks....

Cathy... may i oso find out the ID contacts... I must say i'm getting so anxious and excited to be part of this family, moving over to JB. But when comes to reno, shifting and stuffs... boy oh boy... so many things running inside my head. I must say take my hats off... u folks bought a big place like semi Ds and cluster home... mine just a humble terrace... i'm already feeling dizzy... in fact my family folks started looking at things like electrical appliances, lightings, starting out in planning our budgets... am in search for any good the electrician and charges... Phew... so much more down the list.. my papa also starting window shopping for furnitures stuffs.. i must say.. it really gets the family working out and looking around for so many different things... Sometimes.. i really envy Bro & Sis who got their house ready... but i'm staying positive... i'll get through... First is once get the keys... things then can offically start moving...

Prof u looking for carpenter... my kind friend intro me one though.. but i've not offically spoken nor get him to show me his stuff.. if u dun mind can pm me.. i can pass u the contacts. U may consider and check out to see if he's ideal to assist you. Heard he got his own factory and quite nice person.

Gee... times files fast and it's mid of the week
Wishing you happy and cherry!
Cheers

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
One question with lots reserved for Bumis. What happen if after a long time, they still can't find any takers? Will it mean that developers have to makan it themselves?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
One question with lots reserved for Bumis. What happen if after a long time, they still can't find any takers? Will it mean that developers have to makan it themselves?

The developer will apply to the have the lot "released" - either for ownership to other Malaysians only or to International lot status.

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many foot reflexology places in malaysia. So many and most of them (those that do not provide special services) are great.

The place i suggested Eminent was recommended by Wuqi and its a great place. Atleast i felt so IMHO. So those of you who do not like it dun get angry with me.

They have both male and female massues.

The male ones do a great job. You have to instruct them first if you want a hard or soft massage though.

This place the ambience is great. They offer you snacks, hygienic environment, chinese tea/coffee milo/fruits and ofcourse an area to watch tv as you get ur feet attended to.

I dun like packages either.

Thanks for the tip...now the challenge would be to find it. So far i only know how to go to Jusco....all else is a mystery.

Cheers

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually a friend of mine from KL said that the cost of living in Malaysia was higher than that in Spore especially if you salary vs cost of living:

1) The average sales assistant job in Malaysia pays about Rm 1000 (incl commission). Now you tell me with this sort of pay how to pay your electric bill/telecom bill/fuel/tolls/food/medical and other expenses.

2) If you compare $ to $ cost of living in Spore is cheaper and there is a better quality of life

3) JB and Malaysia in general is cheaper for us Singaporeans (definitely not for the average Malaysian)

4) Singapore economic system is robust, ever changing to suit itself and the international economic environment and is built on sound economic principles and fundamentals of free market trade and in the recent years has moved to an increasingly competitive environment and has encouraged competion in the areas of IT and telecom to begin with.

5) Malaysia being a large country should have had several economic corridors. Unfortunately for a very long time the politicians in KL have thought that KL was Malaysia and have increasingly concentrated on developing KL at the expense of the country at large.

6) Hence the entire country has a kampung economy interspersed with winds of liberalisation here and there while KL is very URBAN.

7) Therefore people in JB and other towns in the country make a living out of repairing cars, selling curtains, curtain rods, furniture, bridal services etc Essentially services which are needed for day-day living.

8) The govt has not sufficiently invested in building the fundamentals of a strong and thriving economy. Therefore you do not see MNCs occupying any large space and having offices in MY (outside of KL and Penang to a lesser extent). So wages remain stagnant. Look at China and India on the otherhand.... Does MY stand any chance compared to these 2 giants.

9) JB is so close to Spore and yet has a ridiculous Public Transport System something which is to be laughed at. ITs easy to say everyone owns a Car. But does everyone really own a car?

Hey guys im not imposing my opinions on anyone...

KL is the heart of Malaysia, the economic centre. The salary scale is comparable to SG on a dollar to a ringgit basis, eg. a job that pays S$10k a month would be MYR10k a month in KL. Cost of living is higher than SG on that basis as well. eg. a meal in KL city centre food court costs easily MYR7 - MYR10.

Housing wise, KL city centre is ex, the prime surrounding areas are ex, less prime area are quite affordable. eg. At prime location a semi-D costs MYR2m onwards. At less prime location a semi-D costs 1m - 2m. In that sense it is still cheaper than SG on a dollar to a ringgit basis and that is expected since SG is land scarce.

JB is a far cry from KL. Off my head the economic activity i can think of is the Pasir Gudang and PTP port, the Pasir Gudang industries... hardly anything else. It is not even like Penang which is the second economic centre of MY. For the same reason the MY govt is trying to develop the Iskandar region.

The local Johoreans livelihood centres around some retail businesses, provision shops, food business, motor workshop, massage parlours.. the rests work in Singapore.

Hence the importance of Singaporean business to Johor.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy - In Msia, land matters come under the respective States, the time requirements differ, eg:

New terms needed to handle bumi housing lots, says Chua
On November 11, 2008, in In The News
There must be a clear guidelines on housing lots reserved for bumiputras to prevent an increase in development holding costs, said MCA deputy president Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek.

“State governments should set clear guidelines, conditions and time frame for reserved bumi lots to be released to non-bumis,” he said in his latest posting on his blog drchua9.blogspot.com yesterday.

“For example, three to six months after construction and after three advertisements, the reserved bumi lots of the housing projects should be released to non-bumis. Otherwise, it will kill the housing industry.”

He added that a solution was needed be_cause the take-up for bumiputra quotas was often slow and the targets were never reached.

Dr Chua said this caused the holding cost of the housing development to increase and housebuyers ended up paying for it.

“Often, red tape and delay in this release causes house prices to escalate and breeds corruption,” he said.

Dr Chua said it was unrealistic for Kedah to implement the 50% bumiputra quota for housing schemes, adding that the purchasing power of bumiputras should be considered.

He said that although the state government possessed financial resources to buy up bumiputra lots, it was also unfair as valuable resources were tied up in non-productive activity of such purchases.

“Eventually, the state government may be saddled with many unsold bumi lots,” he said.

He said it was wiser to have a lower bumiputra quota and a shorter holding period before the lots were released to non-bumiputras.

Dr Chua said that with this the needs of the bumiputras were cared for and would not cause the holding cost of housing to escalate.

In Sungai Petani, the Real Estate and Housing Developers Association of Malaysia (Rehda) wants the state government to find a mechanism to sell the unsold homes allocated for bumiputras under the new system.

Rehda Kedah/Perlis chairman Ricque Liew said they had made the proposal in a meeting with the state government and other relevant government agencies on Monday.

“They have agreed to find ways to solve the problem,” he said.

State executive council member Datuk Phah_rolrazi Mohd Zawawi confirmed the statement.

“We want everyone in Kedah to be happy and benefit from the state’s policies,” he said.

- The Star -

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic. How long do they have to wait before applying to change the status?

This is the tricky part. The guideline is the construction must be at least 50% completed, and the developer must show effort have been taken to market the properties to Bumis through at least 3 advertisements in newspaper. If the property market is good, the developer could increase the price (from the old non-bumi price) in line with market, one good example is the East Ledang bumi semi-Ds. And this is subjected to the authorities approval... basically i heard it is not easy. As you know there are no hard and fast rules in Malaysia for everything :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just bumping this up for comments..

Wow!!! Safe for now... Just imagine if they change the rules... We will be stumped.... Our investments will nosedive... And basically we will have to return to Spore if this ever comes about.

Knowing Malaysia.. All i can say is One never knows...

No plan to restrict Singaporeans

KUALA LUMPUR (March 17, 2011): The government does not intend to restrict the movement of Singaporeans in and out of the country, including those who have stayed in Malaysia for more than 90 days, Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said.

In a written reply to Wee Choo Keong (Ind-Wangsa Maju), he said it is not wise to restrict the entry of Singaporeans to the country.

“This is because Malaysia and Singapore are inter-dependent and practise a reciprocal attitude. The number of Malaysians working in Singapore is big and they also commute daily.

“The Immigration Department will continue to monitor the movement of those who come in and out and advise them to get the appropriate passes according to the purpose of their visit,” Hishammuddin said.

Wee had asked whether the ministry would pass new regulations similar to that of Singapore immigration laws which allow visitors on social pass to stay in Singapore for not more than 90 days in a year.

This is to stop the “abuse” among many Singaporeans who have entered Malaysia using the social pass and who live here on a permanent basis and/or work permanently.

Hishammuddin said the government does not limit the number of Singaporeans entering Malaysia and they can enter using the social visit pass for 30 days and extend it up till 90 days depending on circumstances.

“The immigration regulations are clear. A foreigner who enters the country for a specific reason such as work or study would have to submit the relevant application to the department and will be issued with a pass if the conditions have been met,” he said.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
If really restrict singaporeans going to Jb and impose some 90 day rule or 180 rule, then how?

Just a question to all brothers, when I apply for macs, will they ask me why I need to come to malaysia so often? And stay overnight so many days? If I dont apply macs, will the custom official who chop my passport ask me why I come malaysia stay so many days? Do the custom regulations really state clearly whether singaporeans are allowed to stay permantly in Malaysia for no apparent reason except for holiday??

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just wondering if there are any written regulations on how many times we are allowed to use the 30 day rule.. If they ever limit us to 180 days a year for overnight, then we cannot stay there anymore?

Then their property rent to who?:confused:

For all brothers who are concerned, Tong Carriage is delivering my items tomorrow afternoon... Hope all goes well... Please let me know if its better to apply macs(will they ask why I am here?) Or to continue to chop the white card(will they ask why I am here also?) Please advice..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly the reason why i bumped up the above post on "Malaysia not going to restrict movement of Singaporeans"

The Immigration are well within their rights to ask any relevant question based on my post above.

If really restrict singaporeans going to Jb and impose some 90 day rule or 180 rule, then how?

Just a question to all brothers, when I apply for macs, will they ask me why I need to come to malaysia so often? And stay overnight so many days? If I dont apply macs, will the custom official who chop my passport ask me why I come malaysia stay so many days? Do the custom regulations really state clearly whether singaporeans are allowed to stay permantly in Malaysia for no apparent reason except for holiday??

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think they will change the rule that affect Iskandar project directly. The current arrangement is a win/win formula . SG needs the manspower and MY needs our tourism and inve$tment from SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.