• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am thinking about moving to JB after child is born (and Covid scare is over) while working 4-5 days a week in SG. Wife probably 3-4 days. rent a place first for 1st year try out. Main reason is that I personally find SG suffocating and not a good place to raise a family. Would like your opinions on my plan, if it's a good idea and hope you don't mind answering some questions;
Living in JB and working in SG at the same time is highly not recommended, unless your working hours are opposite to the norm. Otherwise, you'll spend at least 2 hours in the daily traffic jam at the causeway. Until the RTS link is ready, I doubt this situation can improve.

Long term staying in JB is better to get MM2H. Although this present government is Singapore friendly, you'll never know how will it be by the next government, just like the bloody Mahathir government before this. Before this new government, Mahathir had created hell for those Sinkies residing long term in JB, to the extend of banning them temporarily from entering JB.

How will you feel if the immigration officer will tell you:
Malaysia is for Malaysians, you Singaporean must stay in Singapore.

Last edited:

marc117

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw dont listen to sinkies and where they stay in johor. The retards always find some shithole with not even a coffeeshop and are stupid expensive. You can ask the locals. Garbage like the seed horizon etc no local want to stay. I myself have found mutiara to be good. Downtown like ksl, you live in shit condo again, traffic is terrible and roads are old beyond belief. For that price you can get a 2 storey 5 room house in indah easy

Thanks for your reply. Will look up Mutiara. Am also thinking near mount Austin is nice. Child stay in JB don't come back to SG. So travelling is less of issue.

marc117

Alfrescian
Loyal
Living in JB and working in SG at the same time is highly not recommended, unless your working hours are opposite to the norm. Otherwise, you'll spend at least 2 hours in the daily traffic jam at the causeway. Until the RTS link is ready, I doubt this situation can improve.

Long term staying in JB is better to get MM2H. Although this present government is Singapore friendly, you'll never know how will it be by the next government, just like the bloody Mahathir government before this. Before this new government, Mahathir had created hell for those Sinkies residing long term in JB, to the extend of banning them temporarily from entering JB.

How will you feel if the immigration officer will tell you:
Malaysia is for Malaysians, you Singaporean must stay in Singapore.

Yup, will get MM2H if staying in JB long term. Can use for my wife, child and both parents so very value haha. Me and my wife's working hours are quite flexible, we both work as freelance teacher/ coach. usually around 12 noon to 8pm+. Traffic should not be a problem during off peak hours?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, will get MM2H if staying in JB long term. Can use for my wife, child and both parents so very value haha. Me and my wife's working hours are quite flexible, we both work as freelance teacher/ coach. usually around 12 noon to 8pm+. Traffic should not be a problem during off peak hours?
Coming back to JB around 8pm on a weekday will still encounter at least an hour of traffic jam.

In addition, parking your car in City Square is a killer. The parking fee is exorbitant. Even those nearby open air carparks will still charge you about RM12 a day.

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your reply. Will look up Mutiara. Am also thinking near mount Austin is nice. Child stay in JB don't come back to SG. So travelling is less of issue.
Austin is the constant jam even arouhd the area, and the housing is not cheap.. mostly condo no house. Food is not cheap either although happening place

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you come from 2nd link back 45 minutes or so? As horizon people say. Its the tolls thats will be the factor costs way more, but ciq is def way more packed. Between the buses and the motorcycles, its a mess every morning. Coming back at 8 will be your main jam. Because even then there will be some if not heavy jam. 2nd link not as bad

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
the notorious austin jam is that flyover which is not very wide but is the onky way to toppen, tebrau etc from ciq. If that is packed you are stuck for a long long time. Also weekends when sinkoes come in and out

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you want mm2h easy sabah and sarawak have much better conditions, just need money no need proof of income. However you need a local to act as referee. All subjective on what chabges they do after mco of course.

Expats have said the onky restriction is you cannot buy property outside sabah and sarawak, but rental not a problem.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe you can buy a local car too so check on travelling restrictiins. I dont know if we can drive a malaysian car into sinkieland. Now 2nd hand cars are dirt cheap. Every veh is being repo and returned because of recession. Also housing prices negotiable, people are desperate. Your roadblock now is the banks reluctance to loan money. Uncertain economy

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally find that freezing MM2H scheme is very stupid.
They allow people to place their deposit into Malaysia banks. Host Nation can do a lot of things with those ready cash.
Moreover, they can allow these group of people to set up businesses with local Malaysia citizens. Foreigner must not own more share in a business. In return, foreigner will be more obliged to spend more money in Malaysia.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currentpy its because of the lockdown. And sinkies are very obtuse to changing politics. Najib is a traitor to his country. So every pro foreigner move was under him. Now its back to normal,so dont expect things to be like before. Regardless, the east wwst malaysia mm2h are very very different. Johor is very very difficult .

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally find that freezing MM2H scheme is very stupid.
They allow people to place their deposit into Malaysia banks. Host Nation can do a lot of things with those ready cash.
Moreover, they can allow these group of people to set up businesses with local Malaysia citizens. Foreigner must not own more share in a business. In return, foreigner will be more obliged to spend more money in Malaysia.
Are you staying here? Have you done business here.its called the labuan programme

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Has anyone seen this? I was just planning on applying MM2H later this year. Looks like it's all dashed hopes now. Very frustrating.

It is bad. Only East Malaysia still have it right now. Terms for East Malaysia MM2H is actually slightly better than the other one.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Which version now? Anyine can apply or mm2h again?

Only for the East Malaysia one, its still available (for now)

https://www.sarawak.gov.my/web/home/article_view/221/279/

Malaysia My Second Home

Malaysia My Second Home
The Malaysia My Second Home Programmed ( MM2H) is a campaign run by Malaysia’s Ministry of Tourism to allow foreigners who fulfil certain criteria to reside in Malaysia on a long term basis. Successful applicants will be granted a 10 year Social Visit Pass with a multiple entry visa which is renewable for a period of 5-10 years depending on the validity of the applicant’s passport.
The programmed is open to citizens of all countries recognized by Malaysia (except Israel, Montenegro and Yugoslavia) regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Successful applicants may bring in their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependents.
To find out more about the criteria for the Sarawak MM2H programmed please click here.
Although the MM2H programmed is available across Malaysia, there are several significant differences in the application criteria, restrictions and incentives for the Sarawak version of the programme compared to the rest of Malaysia.
Differences in MM2H Programed between Sarawak and Peninsular Malaysia
Application
SarawakPeninsular Malaysia

An applicant must be 50 years of age or over.
Applicants who are 30 years old and above may apply if there is evidence that they have children pursuing further education or undergoing long term medical treatment in Sarawak.

There is no age restriction on applicants

Applicants must show proof of monthly off shore income /pension funds of RM10,000 for married couples or RM7,000 for single applicants;
OR
Open a fixed deposit account of RM150, 000 in a bank or financial institution for married couples or RM100, 000.00 for a single applicant.
Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month.
AND
Maintain a fixed deposit account of RM300,000 after approval
Applicants aged 50 and above must show proof of liquid assets worth RM350, 000 and off shore income of RM10, 000 per month. Retirees are required to show proof of pension of RM 10,000 per month.
OR
Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000 after approval

An applicant must be sponsored by a Malaysian originating from Sarawak or a Sarawak Permanent Resident.
The use of agents and middle men is prohibited.
An applicant must be sponsored by a Malaysian.
A middle man or agent may act as the sponsor.
Residence

The visa issued to Participants of the MM2H Sarawak programmed allows the participant to reside anywhere in Malaysia.
The visa issued to Participants of the MM2H programmed allows the participant to reside anywhere in Malaysia except Sarawak.

MM2H Participants may buy residential properties in Sarawak worth no less that RM300, 000 at designated areas in Sarawak.
Participants may buy residential properties in Malaysia worth no less than the minimum price set for foreigners by each state.

The minimum price for most states is RM500, 000- RM1,000,000.

Participants who choose to open a fixed deposit account may withdraw up to RM90, 000 (couple) or RM40, 000 (single) for approved expenses relating to the purchase of a house, car, and education of children or for medical purposes. From the second year on participants must maintain a minimum Fixed Deposit balance of RM60, 000.

Participants may withdraw part of the required Fixed Deposit from the second year onwards (RM50, 000 for those aged 50 years and above) / (RM150, 000 for those aged below 50 years) for approved expenses related to house purchase, education for children and medical purposes. They must maintain a fixed deposit balance of RM100, 000 (50 and above) / RM150, 000 (below 50) until termination of the MM2H Programed.
For more information on Sarawak’s MM2H Programme including the application process and related documents you can visit the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports Website.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
RGL

Someone wrote an account of their RGL journey into Malaysia. Looks like there is coverage at the back for Malaysians to go into Singapore as well.
Only thing is both sides must stay at a hotel (cannot stay at their house or relatives) for the duration of their RGL (max 2 weeks) and must adhere
to the terms.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh he is not a guest but a minority race citizen in Australia. Exactly the same as he is a minority race citizen in Singapore based on what he claimed to be.

Yes. Hes an Australian citizen now. I am proud of him. :thumbsup: Unlike those minority cheena in Msia leeching on their garment subsidies but still complain not enough. They should migrate to Sinkieland/Chicom and join their majority kind.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everyone, new to this forum. me and my wife are in our mid 20s and combined income around $6k SGD. We are expecting our first child next year. Our HDB MOP is in 3 years.

Am thinking about moving to JB after child is born (and Covid scare is over) while working 4-5 days a week in SG. Wife probably 3-4 days. rent a place first for 1st year try out. Main reason is that I personally find SG suffocating and not a good place to raise a family. Would like your opinions on my plan, if it's a good idea and hope you don't mind answering some questions;

Is long term stay at JB without MM2H still viable?

Which area in JB has more SG young families? I am familiar with areas like KSL, Mount austin, permas Jaya because I like to visit with wife during weekends to relax but not so sure about the more 'residential areas'. Which place is nice to settle down?

Where are the good childcare centers in JB?

Is renting out 2 rooms out of 3 of my 4 room flat a good idea? (Even after my HDB MOP period over) Can always come back to 'base' with my family if any issue in JB

Is parking a MY car at parking near City square and then taking bus/train back to SG viable for work

Thanks in advance for all your wisdom:-)

bro my advice is find those sgrean who lives in JB. and ask their advice like how the location if it safe location and how the property price.
malaysian no matter what races they are they are very friendly and nice people u have to be humble and friendly 1st.

hope it helps u bro :smile:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always encourage those around me in Sg to migrate if they can’t then I told them to go for another route retire in our neighbouring countries where it is cheaper to live.

One must remember in every countries there are a safe location to live and there are places that are not safe to live so u have to do a lot of research!

be humble and friendly to others once u make friends with your neighbours u won’t feel lonely and u feel more safer u know there always someone there to help u (two way street u also have to help them)

When u just made the move it will be difficult because there so many things to do and buy but once u settle down u can see your life change u be more happy your health get better your stress level get lower and best of all u be able to spent more time with family and see them happy everyday it is a blessing!!!

Never give up and u get there a happy man!