• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bus.jpeg

Bus awaiting.jpeg

The free bus at the Woodlands causeway and those awaiting it. Stops at 6.30pm sharp coming in from Singapore, according to a learned friend of mine.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
FL.jpeg

According to another learned friend, a developer nearby here seems to be having some challenges with all their suppliers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hh3.jpeg

HH2.jpeg
HH.jpeg

Still one of my favourite places to be. Just heard one family in HH was found to have Covid-19, got quarantined.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Medini.jpeg

Visited this place recently, the gardens are still quite nice although empty. They built a new fountain with swinging lights near Puteri Harbour.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Causeway2.jpeg

A bridge too far.
The view when we had to come back. Leaving Iskandar Puteri far behind.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
M.jpeg

M2.jpeg

Shots taken on our way to do some charity work, giving away masks and face shields.
This time when back, will be donating all of the rest of our "doomsday" stockpile.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
SG.jpeg

This was what we came back to when we had to undergo the quarantine at one of the hotels here. Was very well coordinated, executed and done by the Singapore government. Indeed well done.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Today Online Reporting
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...-restrictions-some-paying-double-living-costs

Feel for them, most of these issues highlighted can still be resolved. Just need help from local friends there, had a lot of friends helping us with our pets.
Have also helped a few, fixed cameras for them, put in security measures etc.

1. CCTV Cameras, buy wifi Sannce IP Cameras, preconfigure them to your place wifi password, ship them to your home and ask your electrician to install and a neighbour to be present. I installed remotely for quite a number of friends. Those who are in non gated guarded areas may consider ordering 4G/wifi enabled cameras with solar and back up 18650 3.7v lithium batteries for back up. Deployed quite a few for friends who ordered, passed to me for configuration and reshipped to their address. Mounted at some of the areas guarding the main roads and those who shared their wifi gets free viewing rights.

2. Pets - Home boarding or have someone go by every 2 days to check on the pets.

3. Police reports still cannot be made online (only for Malaysians and also for non criminal cases is it possible to lodge online)

4. Long grass always overgrowing and with trees even? Buy large tarps when you are able to, get them from large DIY stores or from Cowboy in Kulai or Super Cowboy in Batu Pahat etc. Cover the grass and put stones or bricks on it. Issue solved. Ensure drainage though by poking small holes in it. Avoid fines from the town council by ensuring the place don't look unkempt.

5. Rental enforcement, refer to the Tenancy agreement that was hopefully stamped. Some guys told me that they never kept track of their tenants who didn't pay them for more than a year. I really don't understand this, how busy can one be to not be aware that tenant is not paying for a year already. Maybe this gentleman has more homes than he can manage. Just refer to the agreement, present bank statement which do not show any new payments for a number of months, go in using RGL and get enforcement to evict them quickly. Bring along a copy of your SPA and relevant payment items like the quit rent payments etc and after evicting, quickly changing the locks (need locksmith to open if the tenants have changed it themselves and you need your SPA to have them (and management) to open it for you).

Else you can also cut their utilities by using online apps and calls to the management. A friend of mine cut all the water and power, moved their things (using 2 guys, RM 100 per hour) changed all the locks when the tenants were out. Case closed.

6. Turn off fridge, leave only external power on, put in a weak fuse at the DB so that the external power sources can only supply minimal power. Turn off those that you use for heavy duty work. Anything that is a power drill or grinder will trip the power so that would be burglars cannot get in.

7. Buy an auto resetting circuit breaker for your DB. Its not expensive and switches back after a certain time. Just make sure the right type and the number of connectors. Consider doing it for the 2nd floor DB as well but a weaker type. Also have TNB come by to check your main fuse box outside to ensure it is at least using better fuses. Some houses are provided with lower amp fuses hence have frequent issues, have them checked to see if they can use 60 amp or change it to a 100 amp fuse box like what i did for a friend. (asked TNB to do it)

8. Consider using a telco provider like RedONE and buy their 28 RM monthly plan to use for your 4G enabled CCTV or modems for monitoring purposes. They do not overcharge for this plan with 8GB and even if you exceed, its still ongoing (although they have a cap and will slow it down). Hard for CCTV cameras to exceed 8GB even if you do cloud enabled recording. I always do both, record at source and record on cloud.

9. Have neighbours on overwatch, get to know your neighbours and know who will be going in and out of Singapore, for how long etc. Help each other and they can keep a lookout for you. I shared a few cameras overlooking the street to neighbours who missed their homes or going overseas for work/medical.

10. Establish a good relationship with your guards, know your guard houses numbers, committee and management team numbers. Have them regularly check on your place if you are away. Lock more than one location on an entry point, harden the rest. Have light sensors built in for your porch lights etc. Change the lights before you are leaving or going away. Use long life low consumption LED lights. For that matter, use LED lights when you have to use florescent tubes. Changed them all myself and found that indeed the bills have gone down plus you get rid of all the starters/ballast issues. Flickering lights and slow starting up issues were resolved once i changed them to LED. Its not expensive and you can do it yourself.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
and no, if you are renting out the johor place instead of the sinkie one you already got it wrong. The johor govt has no incentiveto backstab you to pap. Usually its the treacherous people you know that backstab you. Just buy your sinkie property before you buy the johor one. Or use your relative name.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never have Australian or angmo as my neighbours. So really cant comment much.
Oh that’s what he himself said of rude not friendly not nice Aussie angmoh colleague snubbing his morning greeting and despite that he continued to greet the rude angmoh and finally the rude Aussie angmoh warmed up to him after two or three attempts and he was so happy and thankful for it while he was clearly not happy with some chinese that “act high class” (that’s his words) and so called not friendly not nice. So bloody thick skinned double standard towards Angmoh indeed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
to my personal experience bro ang mo Australian 98% of them are very friendly people easy to get along with no drama.
the 1% they keep to themselve and the other 1% they have to make sure u are nice then they will open up to u bro.
that is why for me living in Australia is a blessing bro maybe i am friendly and humble person :smile:
This is so different from my personal experience dealing with Aussie colleagues, from what I heard from my Singaporean colleagues based in Australia and Singaporean immigrants to Australia. The aussies got lots of drama in office from stealing company space to park their stuff to dropping heaving thing onto floor when two aussies are quarreling in office. They are racists that will jump queue in petrol station when they see you are chinese and of course we all know how they beat up one Singaporean chinese girl for nothing during the pandemic. You are either a fake or you didn’t work with them in positions that they want to work in.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I worked with several foreign offshore banks before. American and British banks. They were generally easy to get along. Judged ur work thru ur performance. Not by colour, language or religion.
Working with Americans and British are not same as working with aussies. Americans are knowledgeable, advanced and hardworking people while aussies are not. They are countryside laid back workers over protected by their labor law.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
i personally miss JB.
i miss the food and the people are friendly and best of all its not crowded like sg it is still bearable for me :smile:
my last visit to see parent in sg we stayed there only 3 days max and then we book a ferry go to bintan and stay at the hotel for 10 days
took a ferry back to sg and stay at the changi airport hotel for one night the next morning took the flight back home :smile:

may be next time when i visit parent in sg i will stay for 3 days in sg and the the whole 11 days in malaysia!!!

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
i personally miss JB.
i miss the food and the people are friendly and best of all its not crowded like sg it is still bearable for me :smile:
my last visit to see parent in sg we stayed there only 3 days max and then we book a ferry go to bintan and stay at the hotel for 10 days
took a ferry back to sg and stay at the changi airport hotel for one night the next morning took the flight back home :smile:

may be next time when i visit parent in sg i will stay for 3 days in sg and the the whole 11 days in malaysia!!!
Many ideasi have heard. Some stay near thailand so just in out and dont even return to sinkieland. Others say desaru because ferry is just half an hour. The best story i heard was some old sinkie just threw away his passport and never returned. You are not mas selamat. There is no incentive for a manhunt