• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The school holidays are coming and exams have ended. So the jam will start and persist till the end of the holidays which is 1 month plus away. Good luck to those who wanna cheong JB from 5am-1am. Be prepared for 3-5 hours massive jams. The best time to travel is 3am go JB, petrol pumping, car washing and 330am return. Not saying there will be no jams but the jams will be bearable.

Yes the best way to improve the jams is to triple the current tolls in Woodlands say to S$5.00 + RM 10 and S$5 + RM 10 when returning... total of S$17 per trip. Now it is just S$3 or so that is why the jam is there.

For 2nd link, double the tolls to S$6.40 and RM 20 to and another S$6.40 and RM 20 back. I am planning to write to the ICA and Malaysia equil. Anyone wanna second?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The school holidays are coming and exams have ended. So the jam will start and persist till the end of the holidays which is 1 month plus away. Good luck to those who wanna cheong JB from 5am-1am. Be prepared for 3-5 hours massive jams. The best time to travel is 3am go JB, petrol pumping, car washing and 330am return. Not saying there will be no jams but the jams will be bearable.

Yes the best way to improve the jams is to triple the current tolls in Woodlands say to S$5.00 + RM 10 and S$5 + RM 10 when returning... total of S$17 per trip. Now it is just S$3 or so that is why the jam is there.

For 2nd link, double the tolls to S$6.40 and RM 20 to and another S$6.40 and RM 20 back. I am planning to write to the ICA and Malaysia equil. Anyone wanna second?

That is very cruel :mad:

But I like it :biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

i got a better idea. ask both govt to implement a special express lane.., then only those with membership can use. membership 1k per month. :smile:
membership tied to the car. each member can only register one car number at a time.
additional car add 1K per car per month.
swee boh?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Still too low leh , assume they work 20day x 28 = S$560/= per mth only , still will have lots of people coming here to work . Should be about 1,000/- per mth , then will have effect I think.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another way is to totally BAN foreign-registered vehicles from pumping petrol within 50km of Custom. Should reduce the vehicles by at least 30%.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another way is to totally BAN foreign-registered vehicles from pumping petrol within 50km of Custom. Should reduce the vehicles by at least 30%.

And shoot ourselves in the foot? Not a good suggestion for those of us who bought and stay in JB leh.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

LTA should ban the work permit and employment pass holders from driving Msia plate cars into Spore to work. This will reduce the traffic alot as there are many Msia cars driving across the causeway to work. The $20 for vehicle entry permit is nothing considering the COE price nowadays. Especially when many of them are car pooling with 4 or 5 people per car to share the $20.

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be collecting key this Sat for Adda Heights GreyStones.
Need some help with Utility application (Electricity + Water). Is is a norm that Developer will help with the application or we will have to approach TNB and SAJ ourselves ? And how long does it take to get it connected ? Read somewhere in this thread that it may take a month.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see no need for authority action in regard to weekday peak hr jam at the customs. The jams are are caused by the decision made by travellers in regard to their own cost and conveniences. The workings of economics will take care of the traffic problem sooner or later. Working travellers who can't tahan the long jam will sooner give up staying in JB to commute daily to work in Singapore. Employers who can't tahan the lateness of employees will soon fire them and such jobless people would have no need to contribute to the peak hr jam. This might be a case of inaction by authority better than haphazard action from authority.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a way yes. $20 is imposed when the COE of Singapore cars is just $5000 or less. Now Singapore cars are so much expensive. Should be $50 per day.

LTA should ban the work permit and employment pass holders from driving Msia plate cars into Spore to work. This will reduce the traffic alot as there are many Msia cars driving across the causeway to work. The $20 for vehicle entry permit is nothing considering the COE price nowadays. Especially when many of them are car pooling with 4 or 5 people per car to share the $20.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support this idea. Also should ban vehicles with windows tinted more than allowed by spore law...always find it ridiculous these malaysian cars with almost 100% tinted windows in spore....like big brother cars...

In a way yes. $20 is imposed when the COE of Singapore cars is just $5000 or less. Now Singapore cars are so much expensive. Should be $50 per day.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support this idea. Also should ban vehicles with windows tinted more than allowed by spore law...always find it ridiculous these malaysian cars with almost 100% tinted windows in spore....like big brother cars...

Yeah and also those cars with excessive exhaust should not be allowed to enter!

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere (from traffic police) that it is illegal for WP and EP holders driving Msia cars into Singapore to work. Not sure if it is true.

LTA should ban the work permit and employment pass holders from driving Msia plate cars into Spore to work.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere (from traffic police) that it is illegal for WP and EP holders driving Msia cars into Singapore to work. Not sure if it is true.

Employment Pass and Work Permit Holders
Any employment pass and work permit holders who is not a resident of Singapore or PR may drive his/her foreign registered car and motorcycle in Singapore only if the following conditions are met:-

a) he is the registered owner of the vehicle
b) he resides outside Singapore
c) the vehicle is kept or used outside Singapore for an aggregate period of not less than 6 hours everyday
d) he has valid insurance certificate for the use of the vehicle on Singapore roads
e) the vehicle has an AutoPass Card to validate its entry/exit at Singapore checkpoints and for payment of relevant Vehicle Entry Permit/Toll charges.

Insurance
Motorists must carry their valid vehicle insurance certificate with them when driving their foreign registered cars and motorcycles in Singapore.

Vehicle Entry Permit/Tolls
All foreign-registered vehicles entering and leaving Singapore via the Woodlands and Tuas Checkpoints will have to pay Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fees and tolls. Those entering and leaving Changi Ferry Terminal will have to pay only Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fees unless they had entered via Woodlands or Tuas checkpoint. VEP and Toll charges are to be paid using the Autopass card at the checkpoints. Foreign motorists are to produce their valid road tax disc and vehicle insurance certificates when purchasing the Autopass card which is for sale at all the checkpoints at a cost of S$10 (comprising a non-refundable card cost of S$6 and a preloaded value of S$4).

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
This rule is ok if the COE is low ( $5000 and under ) as $20 toll per entry makes sense. Now with Singapore 10-15 times more, the toll is still $20. What rubbish is this? Look at the number of cars entering Singapore during peak and during working hours, last time its rare to see a J-plate car. Now everywhere u go u see one.

I particularly dislike the Malaysia Vans who travel at most right lane without compunction and our TP is ineffective against them.

I once wrote to TP to complain about this Malaysia van who was 100% tinted as if Andy Lau was seated inside. TP replied say something like " Our agreement with Malaysia TP is that they don't touch spore cars and we don't touch Malaysia cars. Simply said"

But as you guys know, Malaysia TP simply LOVE to touch and disturb SSS$$$ cars.

no, only singapore PR cannot drive m'sia car in sgp. Wp/EP holder confirm can.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
This rule is ok if the COE is low ( $5000 and under ) as $20 toll per entry makes sense. Now with Singapore 10-15 times more, the toll is still $20. What rubbish is this? Look at the number of cars entering Singapore during peak and during working hours, last time its rare to see a J-plate car. Now everywhere u go u see one.

QUOTE]

This one on EP driving Malaysian cars is very true as I know of many such people doing this and car pooling their Malaysian car to share the $20 toll.

Another policy that Singaporeans is being tekan by these white monkeys who simply loves foreigners more than Singaporeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.