• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
lawyer issues long time settled , now online banking having prob , cant receive TAC sms , called bank , bank say its telco prob , ytd telco did have prob with network and said will get back to me 5 working days ! Then tried this morning , still cant receive TAC sms but can receive friend sms from msia . so its bank or telco prob ? called bank again as my bill is due tomorrow n bank promise to settle within 30 mins , but 2 hrs gone and i made 2 phone calls to follow up and still cant get back to me , i have spent so much on overseas calls .

I am the first few to collect keys and submit retifciation report , 3 weeks passed , no rectify work has been done in my house and becoz of this i hold on to my reno .

enough is enough , i still have 1 more round to go thru with reno contractors ...
If someone offer to buy my house with my selling price , i willing to sell RIGHT NOW !

Hi Crystal, don't get upset. Here it is "RUBBER Time". Everything is at a "much SLOWER gear". I have been in my place sine August 2012. I am still getting my Defect rectification done. Initially, I felt the same way as you and my frustration "boiled over" the Management office bore the brunt of my frustration. But I realize that they have to rely on the Contractor to get the defects rectified. Different Contractor used in different phase of construction. The contractor comes up with all kinds of excuses. Can't take anymore, went to the Head of Township. Got the worst delayed work done, after which the same excuses come up again. So I know how you feel. It's the same with the Banks. Finally got my issued resolved when I spoke to the Branch Manager and pointed out to him that while I was keen to pay my loans and cards bill on time, the difficulty of access made timely payment difficult and I log each time it happens and will make it an issue with the Headoffice in KL and if it continues will highlight this in the media!
I got my Banking resolved after a week...... So be calm, don't stress yourself and move with the flow. More time has to be made for things that are required to be done/paid but eventually the issue is taken care off, more or less. Like that tunes that goes "...... Be happy....don't worry....." I forgot the rest of the lyrics because it was and is quite relaxing to listen to that tune......

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I thought I had enought water but my body did not think so.

First signs are feeling thirsty, ignore that or delay taking in enough water, that's when the body"overheats". Have to be careful this couple of weeks, though it rains heavily in the afternoons, it is still extremely hot and humid. If don't pay attention and drink water frequently and in large amounts there's high probability of falling sick.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya lor , too many things happened this 2 days ..... just 5 mins ago , received U mobile sms that my prepaid card expired ! but i check its not leh so I call u mobile and they told me to ignore the sms as system says its valid till july .....
haiz .....
ya , i forsee i will vomit more blood when i gg to deal with reno contractors soon so wish to sell if possible la , but then selling also another prob .....
i already slow down my pace a lot when dealing with msia ppl lor ....
today i tried UOB and TAC able to send to my sg number leh , so until now the HXX bank promised to call me also never call me ! i am going to close my acct in HXX bank but thats the only bank has cute hello kitty debit card.

More patience...:biggrin:

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi,
Thank u for sharing your painful n hurtful past with all our cyber friends here. I m glad things are looking rosy now for u and lady Wuqi .I am sure the future will be even brighter than before for a warm shining gem as yourself.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
girls like to tell u their problem, but boys like to solve their problem. titter.gif

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya lor , too many things happened this 2 days ..... just 5 mins ago , received U mobile sms that my prepaid card expired ! but i check its not leh so I call u mobile and they told me to ignore the sms as system says its valid till july .....
haiz .....
ya , i forsee i will vomit more blood when i gg to deal with reno contractors soon so wish to sell if possible la , but then selling also another prob .....
i already slow down my pace a lot when dealing with msia ppl lor ....
today i tried UOB and TAC able to send to my sg number leh , so until now the HXX bank promised to call me also never call me ! i am going to close my acct in HXX bank but thats the only bank has cute hello kitty debit card.

Sis, don't give up just yet. You'll reap the fruits of your labor at the end of the day. Just tell yourself only 1 property, so come what may, just persevere on. What about those with several properties?

If you're talking about Hong Leong Bank (I also have the Hello Kitty card), then it's confirmed they don't accept Singapore telco numbers for TAC. You can change to whatever Malaysian telco numbers at their ATM yourself also.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal,
U have been such an inspiring beacon for newbies like me n I for one always look forward to reading your posts be they funny ,happy , sisterly or at times angry. U have travelled 3 sagas/volumes of LIJB in getting your new home.Dont give up now. Wuqi's mention of 'di zhi qu ' has good life philosophy even for the non Buddhist and yellow banana me. Will teach us a lot patince in trying times such as u r facing now. Charge on gal!

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
First signs are feeling thirsty, ignore that or delay taking in enough water, that's when the body"overheats". Have to be careful this couple of weeks, though it rains heavily in the afternoons, it is still extremely hot and humid. If don't pay attention and drink water frequently and in large amounts there's high probability of falling sick.

Thanks . Just drank some more water . :smile:.

The problem with lady is the more we drink , the more we need to pass urine . The more we need to wait to go for relieve . The more time we lost .

That is life . Be happy ... Don't worry :smile:

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Ms Pimples, I lost 2 but luckily still have the ones i have now. I already feel very happy and grateful. I love kids and that is one of the reasons why we set up a school and sunk so much into it even though we knew it would not pay well financially but we decided to go into it anyway. I guess it was also because of how we were treated that i cherish family even more. Until now, many cousins never went through what we did and remain genuinely surprised since they were from rich families and spared most of the stuff we had to go through.

I felt like an orphan many times in my life. Grandparents avoided me and my family as if we were a leper. I have super rich relatives who relentlessly need to flaunt their wealth to us (not that they ever helped us in any way or form with their wealth, power or connections)

I still helped them out of love for my father and the family even though in many ways, some of the cutting words and at times frivolous calls for help really tested the deep love i have for the family, despite how we were treated, i still love them, yes even the ones who were extremely mean. My dad is until now never involved in any major decisions nor respected even though he is the only son.

Everyone else in and outside my family had some items from my deceased grandfather at his funeral to remember him by. Everyone except us that is. I don't even get one photograph and until today i still ask my dad was he adopted. Everyone ate chicken rice and took from the "white gold" till while pointing fingers and asking my family to share 2 packets of cha xiu rice.

No one acknowledge or addresses my mother except one good uncle and two aunts. The rest just ignores my mother yet insists on confucian style obedience and respect from us.

Bro Wuqi, hmm, seem that our childhood quite similar, my dad is the eldest son, my second uncle is senile, I got 7 aunty. All bullied my mother when my mum is the so called eldest daughter in law.
Imagine my mum got to wash the entire family clothes even during her confinement. Too much right.
My dad is handicapped, not educated and he has to work and bring money $$$ to support his sisters to school. When they marry well, they treat us like dirt. Or so call beggars cos my dad is a cleaner.mum is a washer woman. My grandma say my mum bring her bad luck. so the 7 sisters plus my grandmother always bully my poor mum. Until my mum admited to mental hospital for depression. My aunties used to hao Lian how smart their kids, go to NUS, NTU. My cousins are either GM or directors. Now they are old, the so called GM and directors also can't be bothered to visit them, let alone bring them out for a meal.
Rem I told u CNY, 2 aunty came to my house with their hubby. I gave 4 of them angbao instead of them giving me. They got a shock and ask me y I give them.
I told them, thanks for visiting my dad and smile.
Then they still can ask me, next year if I come again, will u give us angbao. Omg. I almost fainted.
But the little action of mine really make my dad proud.

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you, sometimes its hard relating to cousins of my age or younger when they were not aware how we were treated. They felt everyone was wonderful because unknown to them, these people deferred to them as they were rich. No one knew we were called names, etc but i remain thankful to them. Because of their treatment, i came to realise that water is thicker than blood and friends
were my new relatives. I had absolute strangers helping me out in so many ways that combined all my relatives together, very likely the stranger has helped out more.

Someone once asked my dad to help her in a gambling thing, in the end he got involved and lost "his money and she asked her husband to take the only tv we had back then which was a barely working set. No one remembers the good my dad did or when he stood up for his sisters when they were bullied by their husbands or when they threatened divorce, had outside flings, go to Vietnam etc.

My father took it all in his stride despite all these and never revealed most of what he knew to any of us. I didn't even know some of the offspring in the family were from outside sources yet they asserted dominance in the family. No matter, more power to them.

Yesterday we went to do Qing Ming at my grandfathers place, though sky was already very dark and raining heavily, we still went. Waited for an hour in the rain hoping that it will pass but pass it did in the end. We did not give up and in the end burnt all the offering. This year, i bought quite a bit both from SG and JB and it took about an hour plus to finish. My poor dad had to endure being squeezed in the car throughout the long journey there.

Dear all, It is not true however that only daughters will take care of the parents. None of my sisters and few of my aunts ever turned up for Qing Ming, etc though most of them practises Taoism or Buddhism. Yet the only daughter who faithfully attends Qing Ming (along with her husband) is a Christian! My dad wanted to take care of my grandmother but she is just too prejudiced and never gave him a chance.

One time i lamented i wished i could visit my grandmother, an uncle remarked, you could just visit her. He doesn't know every time we call, we get a rude put down. He didn't go through what we did and assumed that we had open access like he and his family. I finally told my dad yesterday, the reason why i declined another better school and choose my secondary school was to be purposely near to them but almost every time when i visited them, i was shooed away.

Its not as if my dad or family were ever in probation/jail, did anything as wrong as some of them did yet we were the only one so discriminated.

Anyway, the experiences helped to make me stronger and appreciate my friends much much more. My dad had a Malay friend from childhood who encouraged him and they helped out each other so much back then. I have asked my dad to try to contact him to see if he would consider buying a place in Johor and i will go all out to help him but my dad said he already have quite a few. I was glad when he told me his friend is now very rich and seldom contacts him, long life and happiness to you Uncle Ahmad, wherever you are.

Dad seldom contacts his friends or family as he is concerned that they will think he is trying to be close to them because they are rich. I am really proud of him sometimes, no matter his faults, he is a good man.

A good man raised a good man, u r one also.
Yr papa will be very glad to have u as his son.
No need to be rich or famous. No need to drive big cars or stay big house.
More importantly is 知足。
I told my dad one day I will buy a landed for him to stay. Yes I did it...haha but in JB.
He smile and say doesn't matter. That's my dad. :smile:

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, hmm, seem that our childhood quite similar, my dad is the eldest son, my second uncle is senile, I got 7 aunty. All bullied my mother when my mum is the so called eldest daughter in law.
Imagine my mum got to wash the entire family clothes even during her confinement. Too much right.
My dad is handicapped, not educated and he has to work and bring money $$$ to support his sisters to school. When they marry well, they treat us like dirt. Or so call beggars cos my dad is a cleaner.mum is a washer woman. My grandma say my mum bring her bad luck. so the 7 sisters plus my grandmother always bully my poor mum. Until my mum admited to mental hospital for depression. My aunties used to hao Lian how smart their kids, go to NUS, NTU. My cousins are either GM or directors. Now they are old, the so called GM and directors also can't be bothered to visit them, let alone bring them out for a meal.
Rem I told u CNY, 2 aunty came to my house with their hubby. I gave 4 of them angbao instead of them giving me. They got a shock and ask me y I give them.
I told them, thanks for visiting my dad and smile.
Then they still can ask me, next year if I come again, will u give us angbao. Omg. I almost fainted.
But the little action of mine really make my dad proud.

So sorry to hear that . At least you are doing well now and your dad is proud of you .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
thanks , but i will not give kopi money at all .

I know you will carry on, this is way too small to be beyond you. You have come so very far, they are slow in awarding you your well deserved prize but you shall have it soon. Ask your lawyer to prepare a letter for you to send to them that the last 5% will be absorbed in the cost of rectifying the defect to your satisfaction if by such a date this is not done to your satisfaction.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
One law firm that i was forced to use was really bad. First they over charged me for a property transaction, then they went to offend my friends in the industry for no reason, even the top sales in different banks.

Then they submitted my documents for state consent and it dragged on and on. Luckily i knew friends who helped me check and found that the documents they submitted were incomplete/not filled up properly. Even though several developers uses them, folks are telling me that they are understaffed and thus everything is processed at a snail pace if processed properly at all.

Some friends shared that they had serious issues with getting their property transacted properly and lost the transaction as a result as it went past the 6 months period stipulated.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
as only the roof might have some wooden trusts there should no other parts that are made of wood i suppose .

Mostly the roof area and the wooden board that forms the ceiling portion that separates the top of the room from the roof. The new developments or new precints are no longer using wood, in fact getting common for developers to be using steel these days although the ceiling part may still be made of wood.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes hot and humid in early morning and then raining very heavily, especially bad for those who have the intention to go visit their ancestors. Please take care everyone.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2750860
Is there any termite issue in Jb properties that we should be aware as in this case in lowyat forum thanks for replies.

Definitely the furniture will be affected should there be termites in the neighbourhood and roof areas will be a concern as well.
Nothing that cannot be solved however but this is an ongoing battle once the area starts having it. Need everyone to exercise
vigilance and eradicate this. For areas which don't have these pests, they are normally introduced by the soil/materials brought
in for renovation work.

Status
Not open for further replies.