• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats to those who bought the Gateway Precint at Horizon Hills. That particular development was awarded the Best Value for Money Development - Residential Category by The Edge Property Award (Malaysia) based on their price appreciation.....The Edge (Malaysia) had a pull out section on the Property Award that feature Horizon Hills development. I have to give it to Gamuda for winning two awards for two of their developments (Horizon Hills and Kota Kemuning). If you look at both the developments, they are equally appealing with very generous landscaping being the main feature.

Cheers
N

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hip hip hurray!

Congrats to those who bought the Gateway Precint at Horizon Hills. That particular development was awarded the Best Value for Money Development - Residential Category by The Edge Property Award (Malaysia) based on their price appreciation.....The Edge (Malaysia) had a pull out section on the Property Award that feature Horizon Hills development. I have to give it to Gamuda for winning two awards for two of their developments (Horizon Hills and Kota Kemuning). If you look at both the developments, they are equally appealing with very generous landscaping being the main feature.

Cheers
N

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Cheers
N

Congratulations to all who bought here and in other parts of Iskandar, there has been a lot of appreciation indeed.
Heard from a good friend, those who used to laugh at him are making a beeline to come into Iskandar.

Not sure if all will agree with the Edge though, some folks were just comparing and saying Gateway is bad, etc as
compared to their precint/development using their tenants experience as a guideline.

Regardless of which development you bought or those who are now selling to buy into their ideal developments,
i wish you all the very best. :smile:

Well done to those for being able to ignore the many snide comments as well as those smart references to CLOB shares.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have recently bought a friend who is a golfer and took him through HH. He commented from a golfer's viewpoint that there is tremendous potential for those with golf facing over long term. The picturque scene of golfers playing right outside your windows is a pleasure for golfers according to him.

Congrats to all HH bros for a good buy. Went to check HH out but then too bad, never gotten a unit there while a friend bought a unit there and not in EL.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
hsebuyer.jpg
Wanted to share this from e above thread but in channel 8. :biggrin:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chanced upon Hello Kitty Land opening yesterday and sharing these pictures.

Its still a work in progress but these pictures are dedicated to all the believers and naysayers alike.
Yes, detractors it may still become a white elephant but at least they did it like they said they would.

If you can't have anything, at least have a little faith.

A bro of mine recently made about 1m selling off his shoplot and his house in Tebrau area and moving
to Bukit Indah area. Really happy for him.

I went there on its opening day as well.

Apart from the retail shop which is free to access, there were very few visitors that actually bought tickets on site to enter. The organizers seem to be prepared for long queues to buy the tickets but when I was there around 12pm, there was no queue at all. I also saw a number of people who enquired but didn't enter.

Certainly the price is too steep... 65rm per child/adult... Only valid for a day and no annual pass.

I'm sure they have to do more on the pricing side to justify their investment by leaning towards more volume.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went there on its opening day as well.

Apart from the retail shop which is free to access, there were very few visitors that actually bought tickets on site to enter. The organizers seem to be prepared for long queues to buy the tickets but when I was there around 12pm, there was no queue at all. I also saw a number of people who enquired but didn't enter.

Certainly the price is too steep... 65rm per child/adult... Only valid for a day and no annual pass.

I'm sure they have to do more on the pricing side to justify their investment by leaning towards more volume.

Legoland went all out in marketing and advertising. We see them on TV, newspaper, bus ads, internet, FB etc and even hear their advertisements in many Radio stations. We see and hear about Legoland everywhere. Even kopi aunties or toilet cleaners in a kopitiam know about Legoland as they saw it on TV.

Hello Kitty Land and The Big Club have failed big time on that till date.

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legoland went all out in marketing and advertising. We see them on TV, newspaper, bus ads, internet, FB etc and even hear their advertisements in many Radio stations. We see and hear about Legoland everywhere. Even kopi aunties or toilet cleaners in a kopitiam know about Legoland as they saw it on TV.

Hello Kitty Land and The Big Club have failed big time on that till date.

I guess thats the diff between an experienced global operator, Merlin Entertainments (http://www.legoland.com.my/About/Merlin-Entertainments/) vs local Govt linked company TAR (http://www.tar.com.my/about-us/welcome-to-malaysia). Kudos to Merlin Entertainments. Hope TAR learn to tread water fast else will start sinking below.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to Hello Kitty and big5 theme 'towns'. Was bit disappointed as legoland was a great experience.

IMO, they should have done up 3 stories of Hello Kitty theme towns instead of one floor. There's so much potential in hello kitty, more rides etc.

The hello kitty town was nice, pretty enjoyable for fans (my wife), its just that the Big5 parks sucks too much.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,
Do u all get approval from MPJB for your extension plan ?
I am thinking of building a two storeys extension rooms into the 20ft wide garden. Contractor tell me that MPJB will only allow 10ft, as they need a gap of 10ft away from the perimeter wall. KNN , like that my extension room become 1/2 size ! I tell contractor I can compromise by leaving a 3ft gap from the wall . But will that risk being kena ask to dismantled the extension by MPJB in future ? What is best way to get MPJB to approve the extension plan ? How come some contractors have no issue at all building extension all to way to the wall.?

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi All, anyone here bought/stay Adda Heights? Is the developer reliable? Want to buy 01 unit there for weekend getaway. Seems no much input on this development in this forum. Is it nt popular with Singaporean?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just noticed I got Points: 28.. dun know enough to change gifts, like pencils, stickers..lollipop..em17.gif

Last edited:

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All, anyone here bought/stay Adda Heights? Is the developer reliable? Want to buy 01 unit there for weekend getaway. Seems no much input on this development in this forum. Is it nt popular with Singaporean?

Not as hot a locale as Nusajaya but prices creeping upwards as proposed mrt station to Singapore will be built at Taman Daya which is the estate next door.

Adda Heights has the most quiet, upmarket vibe there compared to neighbouring Bandar Dato Onn and even to Setia Tropika. No terrace units as all are semi-d cluster and above.
All units oriented north south.

Developer not the biggest but definitely not fly by night as can be seen by completed precincts. Its actually a Singapore plantation owning company.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not as hot a locale as Nusajaya but prices creeping upwards as proposed mrt station to Singapore will be built at Taman Daya which is the estate next door.

Adda Heights has the most quiet, upmarket vibe there compared to neighbouring Bandar Dato Onn and even to Setia Tropika. No terrace units as all are semi-d cluster and above.
All units oriented north south.

Developer not the biggest but definitely not fly by night as can be seen by completed precincts. Its actually a Singapore plantation owning company.

Thanks for the update. I havent been to Adda Heights yet, but on the eastern side, I find Straits View Residence and the Ponderosa Villa/Woods projects to be the most 'atas'. Both developers are financially strong as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.