• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Lego Land

WOOooo HOooo!!! So happy. Received call this morning from Law firm that our state consent has been approved!!

Anyone knows how long after this information can I take my keys? 1 week possible?

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterday night CNA Money Mind mention that a rich guy brought muplti unit at Johore,I miss the show,wheres the area where he dump his money,anybody know?

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Location Senibong cove,nice place,anybody bought any unti there?

Frm CNA

"Lang Walker & Media Literacy"

Lang Walker is one of Australia's richest men. And known to have a keen eye for picking the best locations for property development. He tells us what he's up to in Johor Bahru in an exclusive Money Mind interview.

And, there's been a proliferation of financial blogs and charts online. But how reliable are they?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yesterday night CNA Money Mind mention that a rich guy brought muplti unit at Johore,I miss the show,wheres the area where he dump his money,anybody know?

I think you're talking about Billionaire Lang Walker, one of Australia's richest man.

Quote from CNA 'Known to have a keen eye for picking the best locations for property development. He tells us what he's up to in Johor Bahru in an exclusive Money Mind interview.'

His project in JB is Senibong Cove. 'WALKER Corporation has drastically expanded its Senibong Cove project in Malaysia with the now $1.2 billion to $1.5bn development more than triple its original 2000 dwelling size. Walker Corporation executive chairman Lang Walker said that the project i n Johor Bahru, 6km from the causeway to Singapore, had recently been expanded to 7000 dwellings with an end value of about 4bn ringgit ($1.27bn) to cater for growing demand for property in the region.'

In the CNA interview, he mentioned that he is acquiring a land in Johor which is just a 5 mins drive from Tuas 2nd link, guess where? :smile:

dd1207

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, there's no Setia Eco Garden community here? I'm looking for house there and still headache with the choice. Wonder if the road to Setia Eco Garden at night is safe? Is there light? Is there lots of circulation in the evening? Thanks,

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, there's no Setia Eco Garden community here? I'm looking for house there and still headache with the choice. Wonder if the road to Setia Eco Garden at night is safe? Is there light? Is there lots of circulation in the evening? Thanks,

I used to stay in Eco Garden for almost 2 years. I see a lot of development around the area and the new shophouse shall be operating soon, some doing renovation now.

The stretch of road from bukit indah to eco garden is well lighted. The road lighting stop after setia business park behind eco garden.

I don't see any issues in the area at night as i frequently travel to Pekan nanas Ecosave for late shopping , bukit indah McDonald or gelang patah for supper.

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/400-conned-buying-non-existent-houses-around-m-040006043.html

Shah Alam (The Star/ANN) - Five property agents have conned at least 400 people into buying non-existent houses priced between 150,000 ringgit (US$49,180) and 280,000 ringgit.

Some of the victims were eventually declared bankrupt by the banks for not settling any of their payment.

Apparently, they had paid about 10 per cent deposit to the property agents and signed the agreement without the presence of lawyers.

Selangor police chief Deputy Commissioner Tun Hisan Tun Hamzah said the victims had booked the houses during a property fair in Kuala Lumpur in 2006.

After waiting for almost six years, he said 138 victims decided to file a report against the agents.

"A check showed that the supposed projects in Meru, Klang and Banting do not exist at the mentioned location," he said yesterday.

The victims had approached the Muslim Consumers Association of Malaysia (PPIM) before lodging reports at eight district police headquarters in Selangor on Sunday.

Police are also investigating the possibility of involvement of parties from local banks suspected of collaborating with the so-called agents.

Tun Hisan said they had identified six banks that had approved loans for the non-existent projects.

"We are investigating if there is any element of forgery," he said.

Police are expecting more victims to come forward to assist them in their investigations.

*US$1=3.05 ringgit

dd1207

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Stevewish for the helpful info.
I have another concern regarding the power tower near to the Tenby school. I have a kid and intend to have her study there, but afraid of the health influence. I did some reading, it seems over 300m distance from the power line are relatively safe, but last time when being there i didn't have a clear estimate of the distance. Anyone know the distance or has comment to share? Thanks,

AADC6970

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi stevewish, why did you choose to move away from eco garden? any particular concerns to share?

i am looking to buy the eco village at eco gardens. am concerned too about the power lines there.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Stevewish for the helpful info.
I have another concern regarding the power tower near to the Tenby school. I have a kid and intend to have her study there, but afraid of the health influence. I did some reading, it seems over 300m distance from the power line are relatively safe, but last time when being there i didn't have a clear estimate of the distance. Anyone know the distance or has comment to share? Thanks,

One of my friend is a EM consultant. He conducts measurement on site for his customer. He mentioned that the as long there is a safety distance for power lines, it should not pose any health hazard.

In fact, during "talking" using handphone is also quite bad, "listening" is ok. So don't talk so much.

Locally, those telco communication station (long rectangle block) install on roof top of condo/buildings/post shall be of much concern instead as they are so close to residential buildings.

if there is still opportunity I get my friend for helps, but to engage him is expensive.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its funny, my place is like a mini post office of sorts. Mail from friends who don't stay here, mail from friends who rented out their units, company mails, their company mails (helped a little to assist them in setting up company here), tenants, ex tenants mails. Go to their respective place to pass mail to them, some will smille at you and thank you. Some will not even acknowledge you, just ask you to drop into their mailbox.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its funny, my place is like a mini post office of sorts. Mail from friends who don't stay here, mail from friends who rented out their units, company mails, their company mails (helped a little to assist them in setting up company here), tenants, ex tenants mails. Go to their respective place to pass mail to them, some will smille at you and thank you. Some will not even acknowledge you, just ask you to drop into their mailbox.

Attitudes & faces will turn around if u start charging. It's called "earn their respect".

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Attitudes & faces will turn around if u start charging. It's called "earn their respect".

Just a weekly task i carry out happily as a friend should do to help. Where i can help, i will but if i no longer stay in a precint, then it will be harder to deliver mail there. Wife of an ex tenant, when she saw me last Sat delivering her mails, face black as if i held up their mail, etc.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks for the info wuqi bro. next time I am in need of bbq fuel I know where to get :smile: saves on buying charcoal

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a weekly task i carry out happily as a friend should do to help. Where i can help, i will but if i no longer stay in a precint, then it will be harder to deliver mail there. Wife of an ex tenant, when she saw me last Sat delivering her mails, face black as if i held up their mail, etc.

Bro, u the only 1 i know who can tahan that.....

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I realised that this forum is very quiet lately with not much sharing of information about Iskandar Region. Although many members here are also members in FB groups which are related to Iskandar Region, people are sharing more info about Iskandar Region in FB now than in this forum. Is it because Facebook is more 'user friendly'? Eg. it's super easy to post pics and links in FB. Or can it also be because there is no moderation of posts in FB? I saw agents advertising for certain project in FB group and there were many responses showing interest, asking for info via email and discussions etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I realised that this forum is very quiet lately with not much sharing of information about Iskandar Region. Although many members here are also members in FB groups which are related to Iskandar Region, people are sharing more info about Iskandar Region in FB now than in this forum. Is it because Facebook is more 'user friendly'? Eg. it's super easy to post pics and links in FB. Or can it also be because there is no moderation of posts in FB? I saw agents advertising for certain project in FB group and there were many responses showing interest, asking for info via email and discussions etc.

I think there are already a lot of other forums, some of which cloned information from here as well as FB pages, some of whom got their beginnings from forums like this. It is a good thing as sharing of information should not be just limited to a forum like this. We also had our fair share of trolls here who are here for their own reasons.

The pages are also now divided into separate developments and different topics so on the surface it doesn't look like there is much activity. Some of these FB pages also has moderators as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.