• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
thanks for the info wuqi bro. next time I am in need of bbq fuel I know where to get :smile: saves on buying charcoal

Hahaha, thanks. BBQ is one of the easiest thing to do here, so much so that we take it for granted these days. Speaking of which, probably should indeed do one soon.

Its just a quick task and i am happy to do it but some of them live further so do have to drive quite a bit there. One time, was raining, ran from the car in the rain to put in letterbox but got asked why letters were wet. I really felt pity for those working as postman.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, u the only 1 i know who can tahan that.....

Thanks Captain. Actually i don't mind doing it, just one incident really did hurt me. (rain/black face was all still ok)

A bro from US moved to SG and asked to use my mailing address as well as to be his local contact for MOM/ICA purposes,
i gamely put my name down. I drove him, his gf then(now wife) and even mother around whenever they are in town. One time
was too last minute so i didn't get to wash my car, his mother was a bit upset at the exterior dirtiness of my car but then again
cars in US don't really get washed a whole lot (still guilty of that as too used to religiously maintaining the innards)

Even for other mail correspondance, i gladly used my SG address for him. Only stopped short when he wanted to use my address for his bank/loans etc. He got upset that i politely said no and from then on, very little contact. It became such that i was the only one keeping in touch, etc.

Got ignored basically from then on even though now he still uses my home for his forwarding address as well as still his
primary MOM contact (who still call me on and off) In the past, he asked me about his gf and i told him the new one he got
was a keeper. He later got married (didn't invite me though i would have gladly flown to SF if he did invite me), then bought
condo in SG, had kids, etc.

Monthly calls became quarterly, then yearly. Kind of really hurt but then after a while, quietly accepted it. Asked him many many
times to come to JB but he never did. Now that he got promoted, even colder. Even though we are supposed to be friends, he will
ask me many times, loudly whenever he sees me, how come he seldom see me.

One time, a colleague got upset on my behalf and retorted back loudly, thats because you are in office even much lesser then he is. Lucky for me, got another good bro who really is a good friend, recently when i had emergency, was very touched that he helped me out. My family and wife knows i have a very independant streak so the only times i will ever ever ask for help is when situation is really dire.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think after awhile, people tend to take others for granted. I would hv drawn two lines across the envelope and wrote "NO SUCH PERSON!".

Thanks bro Odyssey, someone has to do it and the mail might be important. I didn't do much though for a good bro who doesn't stay here and rented out his place. A couple of times, wanted to bring mail in for him when i was in SG but whenever i am back, there is just so much to do.

I recently saw several forummers who i kind of helped (very little) in nudging them to move here. Very happy to hear about their kids cycling here and having so much fun. Recently quite a lot of new friends and helped a new friend get those little water playground. Their kids had a real field day playing in the water. One innovative good friend even combined his playground slide with his water playground, my son had so much fun. Bought a small sub for him to play with, hope that his childhood would be good and he can look back with joy. Toys are never a replacement for ones time so i do make sure to play with mine for a bit every day.

Kids childhood should be filled with happiness and not bitterness.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you mind sharing the facebook groups that relates to living in Johor Nusajaya? Thanks.

I realised that this forum is very quiet lately with not much sharing of information about Iskandar Region. Although many members here are also members in FB groups which are related to Iskandar Region, people are sharing more info about Iskandar Region in FB now than in this forum. ...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
IMG_0592.JPGIMG_0596.JPG
IMG_0597.JPGIMG_0600.JPG

Hello Kitty Land/Indoor Theme park :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
IMG_0584.JPGIMG_0585.JPGIMG_0586.JPGIMG_0591.JPGIMG_0594.JPG

Chanced upon Hello Kitty Land opening yesterday and sharing these pictures.

Its still a work in progress but these pictures are dedicated to all the believers and naysayers alike.
Yes, detractors it may still become a white elephant but at least they did it like they said they would.

If you can't have anything, at least have a little faith.

A bro of mine recently made about 1m selling off his shoplot and his house in Tebrau area and moving
to Bukit Indah area. Really happy for him.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There has been a sharp spike in interest recently it seems, a lot of folks from certain countries are making inroads here, buying land etc. New groups are coming in, amongst them becoming developers. Part 1 of the shared developments has just completed and Part 2 is just beginning. Hope i will be able to see it when we see Part 5 being completed. Someone from Penang offered full payment in cash to a bro of mine for his unit recently but seems he isn't selling.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
There has been a sharp spike in interest recently it seems, a lot of folks from certain countries are making inroads here, buying land etc. New groups are coming in, amongst them becoming developers. Part 1 of the shared developments has just completed and Part 2 is just beginning. Hope i will be able to see it when we see Part 5 being completed. Someone from Penang offered full payment in cash to a bro of mine for his unit recently but seems he isn't selling.

Wuqi, looks like HH and Nusa Duta are hot properties?

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just read the Edge magazine. Seems that Horizon Hills, Senibong Cove, Leisure Farm were mentioned excessively.. got one whole pages devoted to each development and they even mentioned about the profits in detail earned by Horizon Hills owners

Nicholas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can take a few pic of those pages and share here? Thanks in advance.

I just read the Edge magazine. Seems that Horizon Hills, Senibong Cove, Leisure Farm were mentioned excessively.. got one whole pages devoted to each development and they even mentioned about the profits in detail earned by Horizon Hills owners

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can take a few pic of those pages and share here? Thanks in advance.

Current copy of The Edge Singapore has almost 10 pages of coverage on Iskandar with 5 developments in focus.
Someone scanned the pages and posted in his blog http://iskandar.nicolastang.com/

A reader commented that the blogger might have breached some copyright law.
If he receives a lawyer letter, the pages might have to be removed. =)

Anyway even with the free online version currently, I still bought a copy from Esso Mobil Petrol Station because I wanna keep a hard copy. It's $3.8.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, looks like HH and Nusa Duta are hot properties?

Most areas as well, not just these 2 but yes been a lot of folks asking. Someone i know sold their 3 units within the first month, another one sold 2 units within 1 month as well. They are selling and upgrading to semi-d/bungalows or reinvesting into residential or commercial/industrial properties.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Wow, big congrats to all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.