• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like Medini crowd is seriously coming up.. I fear the snatch theft teams will set up base there as well.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/causeway-buses-now-available-mall-123045567.html?nhp=1

Causeway Link buses now available from Mall of Medini to SingaporeISKANDAR PUTERI:

Those who commute to Singapore can now head to the Mall of Medini to take the Causeway Link buses to the republic.
Handal Indah Sdn Bhd executive director Rozlan A. Bakar said the mall has more than 1,000 parking spaces for commuters to park their cars before taking the buses to Singapore to work.
Rozlan said there are 50 trips from the mall to the Sultan Abu Bakar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex in the Second Link from as early as 5am, and daily services from the Sultan Iskandar CIQ Building to Singapore via the Causeway.
A total of 1.1 million commuters use the Causeway Link buses daily to and from Singapore to Johor per month, which is about 36,000 commuters a day.
On challenges faced by Handal Indah, Rozlan said the company has a shortage of bus drivers and the road conditions also cause buses to have a shorter lifespan and suffer breakdowns.
"A total of 150 buses can head to Singapore in a day, and the same number come to Johor via Singapore," he told a Press conference here today.
"However, we take steps to improve comfort for commuters and we upgrade on technology," he said.
As for buses plying routes in the city, Rozlan said there are 200 buses for this and the waiting time is 20 minutes per bus.
"We have just procured 70 new buses but the buses can only be operational in stages as we need to replace an old bus with a new one in accordance to the permits that we have," he added.
Johor Tourism, Domestic Trade and Consumerism Committee chairman Datuk Tee Siew Kiong, who launched the Causeway Link bus services from the Mall of Medini today, said that the company's effort would enhance the public transportation in the city though there was still room for improvement.
There are eight bus operators in the state.
On a separate matter, the company also launched a new express bus service from Johor Baru to Kuala Lumpur at the Taman Universiti Bus Terminal in Skudai, which started in February and the JB Tourist Bus Pass which offers tourists three days of unlimited bus rides on any ManjaLink-Causeway Link buses to attractions Iskandar Malaysia.
Another highlight is an Exhibition Bus which can be rented for roadshows and events.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I haven't paid for my power and water supply for one of my houses in JB because I was told they waive it off when I dint hit a certain "target"

Huh?

I believe for water bill, you have to pay a minimum sum even if your meter reading remains the same. It was RM5 which was increased to the current RM7. As for electricity, if your monthly consumptions are below a threshold, the government pays your bill, at least that's what is said in my electricity bill.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is very encouraging. Do you think it's time for all of us struggling like squeezed crap Middle Class to move to Johor first before everything gets too expensive 3-5 years down the road? At least we can have a decent "roof over our heads" and retire comfortably in our golden years.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

Just wish to know a bit of flow of Properties demand flow in Johor for future considerations. Say if i purchase a Decent 2 room Condo just 10mins walking distance from Customs. Say if i wish to sell it off 3-4 years down the road, will it be quick and easy? I am not really taking about yielding high gains or whatsoever. But in the event that i have the urgent need to move back to Singapore for personal reasons or to raise Emergency funds, will it be easy to sell it off? In Singapore, normally, it would be pretty easy to sell a property away near the Mrt station within 6 months. Would it be the same in Johor? Thx

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let the Msia Taikor answer your Qn.
My 2cents is not easy sell off in 3-4yrs time.

Of course also depends on luck/selling price/condition/mkt etc
But the Supply from 2015-2018 is High.
Selling won't be easy or fast.

RTS if confirmed & done by 2020,
might be different story liao.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let the Msia Taikor answer your Qn.
My 2cents is not easy sell off in 3-4yrs time.

Of course also depends on luck/selling price/condition/mkt etc
But the Supply from 2015-2018 is High.
Selling won't be easy or fast.

RTS if confirmed & done by 2020,
might be different story liao.

This is a little risky then. Imagine if u need funds and wish to sell off the property within 6 months, u can't as the demand is not there. I don't think rental is that easy either. can you rent the place out within 3 months? Yet the pricing for property there can reach $1000psf at this point of time? A bit ridiculous. Also right now i am buying a 500k Property. Going forward, the bar is raised to 1 Million. So can i still sell away this property for 500k to a fellow Singaporean 3 years later? There is no way i can sell a 500k property for 1 million. So for re-sale of condo, how does the law goes?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a little risky then. Imagine if u need funds and wish to sell off the property within 6 months, u can't as the demand is not there. I don't think rental is that easy either. can you rent the place out within 3 months? Yet the pricing for property there can reach $1000psf at this point of time? A bit ridiculous. Also right now i am buying a 500k Property. Going forward, the bar is raised to 1 Million. So can i still sell away this property for 500k to a fellow Singaporean 3 years later? There is no way i can sell a 500k property for 1 million. So for re-sale of condo, how does the law goes?

1. If the threshold is raised, you can only sell it to a local. And maybe it is not all that bad as there's are many SPR who would like to buy a bed and room unit.

2. There's will be an oversupply of fresh units in the next 3 years. So not easy to sell. However, the new units are usually over priced, so your 500k unit might be attractive to those who are on lower entry cost.

3. From the way you ask questions and with due respect and apology, I think you are not in position to take high risks into investing. You do not have holding power and even if you do have, it is very marginal. In this instance, in my opinion, do not come in. Not because JB is good or bad but because your risk profile do not fit into investing in JB yet. If anything goes wrong, you will suffer. You must have fun when you invest but if you have heartache, then it is not worth it.

Just my 2 sen worth. Hope you are not offended. My apologies.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. If the threshold is raised, you can only sell it to a local. And maybe it is not all that bad as there's are many SPR who would like to buy a bed and room unit.

2. There's will be an oversupply of fresh units in the next 3 years. So not easy to sell. However, the new units are usually over priced, so your 500k unit might be attractive to those who are on lower entry cost.

3. From the way you ask questions and with due respect and apology, I think you are not in position to take high risks into investing. You do not have holding power and even if you do have, it is very marginal. In this instance, in my opinion, do not come in. Not because JB is good or bad but because your risk profile do not fit into investing in JB yet. If anything goes wrong, you will suffer. You must have fun when you invest but if you have heartache, then it is not worth it.

Can consider renting too, if you are unsure.

C

comeon

All bros,DO YOU NEED EASY MONEY?
We are travel agent
We are seeking singaporean to apply SG visa for the tourist.
All are legal,No any bad influence on you.
very easy for you and we pay for it.immediate payment!
if you need money contact me.
WhatApp:83IO46IO, Email:[email protected]

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

I recently got a Quote of RM 4,000 for legal fee to purchase a 630sqft Condo. Is this considered reasonable?
Is the legal fee a once off fee? Or are there ongoing "hidden" legal fee charges?

For State Levy, The breakdown is as per below.

Fee for Preparing State Authority Consent $300
Application Fee for State Consent $1000
State consent Approval fee $20k
Reg Fee for SPA $60
Misc Fee $100
Transport Charge $100

Are these the norm costs incurred for State Levy? The Misc Fee n Transport Charge of $100 looks a bit off. Did u guys incurred such charges when paying for State Levy as well?

Below are the Stamp Duty fees:

Stamp Duty on agreement $40
Stamp Duty on deed of Mutual Convents $40
Stamp Duty on Overriding Agreement $40
Filing Form 1 $50
Swearing fee $8
Search fee $40
Misc Fees $100

I haven't yet pay the Stamp Duty, so I m confused on why am I already asked to pay Stamp Duty Fees. Swearing Fee of $8? and another Misc fee of $100? You guys got such charges before as well? Thanks guys.

mickT

Hi Guys,

I recently got a Quote of RM 4,000 for legal fee to purchase a 630sqft Condo. Is this considered reasonable?
Is the legal fee a once off fee? Or are there ongoing "hidden" legal fee charges?

Reg Fee for SPA $60
Misc Fee $100
Transport Charge $100

Are these the norm costs incurred for State Levy? The Misc Fee n Transport Charge of $100 looks a bit off. Did u guys incurred such charges when paying for State Levy as well?

Filing Form 1 $50
Swearing fee $8
Search fee $40
Misc Fees $100

I haven't yet pay the Stamp Duty, so I m confused on why am I already asked to pay Stamp Duty Fees. Swearing Fee of $8? and another Misc fee of $100? You guys got such charges before as well? Thanks guys.

Legal fees are not charged on the size of your condo but the price.
Beware of what you are buying and that goes for anywhere not only in Malaysia.
Hope you read the article below for buying in Malaysia.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/03/26/house-buyers-trap/

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
H
Hi Guys,

Reg Fee for SPA $60
Misc Fee $100
Transport Charge $100

Filing Form 1 $50
Swearing fee $8
Search fee $40
Misc Fees $100

You must be buying from owner, usually Singaporeans buy direct from developer and they absorb everything except the state consent if you use their lawyer.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
H

You must be buying from owner, usually Singaporeans buy direct from developer and they absorb everything except the state consent if you use their lawyer.

some of the more prominent development will not waive the state consent as well. I have viewed 2 over the long weekend as well.

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, my Sharp microwave oven broke down and I am trying to repair it.
The parts have been identified as HV capacitor 1.07mF 2100VAC, 10M Ω diode/resistor TS01, 8A & 10A ceramic fuse.

Would appreciate if anyone can advise the stores that I can get these parts in JB?

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

I am keen to get a Loan in Malaysia to finance the property in Johor, probably a 50-60% loan.
Can I ask from those who have gotten a loan before - Which Bank offers the most competitive interest rates? and is more flexible to approve a loan?

What kind of documentation do they require from Singaporeans to approve a Loan for a property there?
I know Payslip/Proof of Income is definitely a Must - but other than Payslips, what else is critical?

Thank you.

BlueSky

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Most likely u will need a CB report on top of your regular salary slip x 6mths & Income Tax assessment.
Most of the Banks' rate are quite Competitive. Ur credit profile will also make slight difference.
Having FD at that bank & purchasing MRTA might also lower the interest rate slightly.

At 50-60% loan, especially if it's your 1st property in Msia, approval is favorable.
Try go for Flexi mortgages whereby u can have flexibility in repayments.
Ambank, CIMB, Maybank, Stanchart, RHB, Public. All ok.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Most likely u will need a CB report on top of your regular salary slip x 6mths & Income Tax assessment.
Most of the Banks' rate are quite Competitive. Ur credit profile will also make slight difference.
Having FD at that bank & purchasing MRTA might also lower the interest rate slightly.

At 50-60% loan, especially if it's your 1st property in Msia, approval is favorable.
Try go for Flexi mortgages whereby u can have flexibility in repayments.
Ambank, CIMB, Maybank, Stanchart, RHB, Public. All ok.

Hi Eric,

Thanks. I believe the Credit Score/Rating will be the deciding factor huh? I was wondering how the banks in Malaysia will check my credit score. Will they be able to assess my credit profile in Singapore internally themselves, or I have to print it out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.