• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

Just wish to confirm that there is really no issues for a Singaporeans to safely just buy a Propery and to live in Johor "Permanently", and travelling to and fro is solely just dependant on MACS.

I guess at this point of time my greatest worries is Malaysia customs giving Singaporeans problems as we don't really hold a valid residential status there. I don't intend to go for the MM2H which is pretty expensive for me at this point of time.

Customs at JB will just be concerned if you overstay...they won't be really interested in your residential status, athough over the past couple of years I have about 3 times been asked if I am staying in Malaysia. I just said "yes" and was moved on. So if you apply MACS you will completely bypass the officers and you will have no questions asked...unless the MACS machine start talking to you! LOL!

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just bought a Hotlink number last week. RM15.00 for the simcard and registration.
RM10.00 for the prepaid for 10 days. RM20.00 for 20 days.

pay rm100 for digi, deduct rm30 to retain number for 1 year without need to top up.

can subscribe 350mb data for 1 week at rm7 as needed. but do remember to unsubscribe.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/causeway-buses-now-available-mall-123045567.html?nhp=1

Causeway Link buses now available from Mall of Medini to SingaporeISKANDAR PUTERI:

Those who commute to Singapore can now head to the Mall of Medini to take the Causeway Link buses to the republic.
Handal Indah Sdn Bhd executive director Rozlan A. Bakar said the mall has more than 1,000 parking spaces for commuters to park their cars before taking the buses to Singapore to work.
Rozlan said there are 50 trips from the mall to the Sultan Abu Bakar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex in the Second Link from as early as 5am, and daily services from the Sultan Iskandar CIQ Building to Singapore via the Causeway.
A total of 1.1 million commuters use the Causeway Link buses daily to and from Singapore to Johor per month, which is about 36,000 commuters a day.
On challenges faced by Handal Indah, Rozlan said the company has a shortage of bus drivers and the road conditions also cause buses to have a shorter lifespan and suffer breakdowns.
"A total of 150 buses can head to Singapore in a day, and the same number come to Johor via Singapore," he told a Press conference here today.
"However, we take steps to improve comfort for commuters and we upgrade on technology," he said.
As for buses plying routes in the city, Rozlan said there are 200 buses for this and the waiting time is 20 minutes per bus.
"We have just procured 70 new buses but the buses can only be operational in stages as we need to replace an old bus with a new one in accordance to the permits that we have," he added.
Johor Tourism, Domestic Trade and Consumerism Committee chairman Datuk Tee Siew Kiong, who launched the Causeway Link bus services from the Mall of Medini today, said that the company's effort would enhance the public transportation in the city though there was still room for improvement.
There are eight bus operators in the state.
On a separate matter, the company also launched a new express bus service from Johor Baru to Kuala Lumpur at the Taman Universiti Bus Terminal in Skudai, which started in February and the JB Tourist Bus Pass which offers tourists three days of unlimited bus rides on any ManjaLink-Causeway Link buses to attractions Iskandar Malaysia.
Another highlight is an Exhibition Bus which can be rented for roadshows and events.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, can we say use it for a 10 days period and then another 10 days a month later without need for registration or new SIM card again ?

I think you have to top up within 30 days otherwise the line would be deactivated. But it depends on the mobile operator on this grace period.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, one has to be careful when buying the sim cards. Different phones uses different sizes of cards. There are 3 sizes in the market.

Oh...now they very advanced liao...The SIM card has different perforations so you just tear the right size for your phone.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Customs at JB will just be concerned if you overstay...they won't be really interested in your residential status, athough over the past couple of years I have about 3 times been asked if I am staying in Malaysia. I just said "yes" and was moved on. So if you apply MACS you will completely bypass the officers and you will have no questions asked...unless the MACS machine start talking to you! LOL!

Haha..nice going. I m not so concerned for myself as I will be travelling everyday In/Out for Work. I am only worried for my wife as she will be only coming out once a month to renew her Social Visa. Of course if the MAC machine works perfectly everytime, no issues. Only worried if the machine breaks down and she happens to meet an Unreasonable Customs Officer.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Electricity and Water bills, do we need to pay any Deposits? And if so, how much is it?

Just to share, for any Postpaid lines, the Deposit is now $500. But the troublesome issue is - The Service Centers are so far away at Taman Molek? Headache.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha..nice going. I m not so concerned for myself as I will be travelling everyday In/Out for Work. I am only worried for my wife as she will be only coming out once a month to renew her Social Visa. Of course if the MAC machine works perfectly everytime, no issues. Only worried if the machine breaks down and she happens to meet an Unreasonable Customs Officer.

Should be OK one lah. My family this month went out of JB on the 8 March but the 30th day expiry was 12 March. No questions asked.:biggrin:

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you are getting over worried. Not an issue as it is common, however I feel most of the time, we Singaporean are too pampered and lack of the adventurous touch to our personality. Just move and slowly explore lor. It is part of the fun and enjoyment of moving to a unfamiliar place. This is what really separate us from the rest who thinks they are so deeply rooted that they cannot move.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are getting over worried. Not an issue as it is common, however I feel most of the time, we Singaporean are too pampered and lack of the adventurous touch to our personality. Just move and slowly explore lor. It is part of the fun and enjoyment of moving to a unfamiliar place. This is what really separate us from the rest who thinks they are so deeply rooted that they cannot move.

Thanks for the assurance Ksl. I have been traveling into Johor for 3 times within these 2 weeks to get myself more acquainted with the Area, esp in terms of Telcos, Banking, transport etc. I must say that their "Home Broadband Technology/Network seems 10 years behind Singapore". Most are still using Phone Lines which is very Surprising, and it's basically a Monopoly there via TM. Prepaid data wise, it seems that Digi is the most economical/cheapest.

Can i ask for Electricity Bills, is there any Deposit required? In Singapore for Condos, a $250-$350 deposit is necessary. What about in Malaysia? Thx

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the assurance Ksl. I have been traveling into Johor for 3 times within these 2 weeks to get myself more acquainted with the Area, esp in terms of Telcos, Banking, transport etc. I must say that their "Home Broadband Technology/Network seems 10 years behind Singapore". Most are still using Phone Lines which is very Surprising, and it's basically a Monopoly there via TM. Prepaid data wise, it seems that Digi is the most economical/cheapest.

Can i ask for Electricity Bills, is there any Deposit required? In Singapore for Condos, a $250-$350 deposit is necessary. What about in Malaysia? Thx

As a Johorean, I can tell you, don't expect same things as you get in SG, if you expect the same, you will be massively disappointed. Malaysia is a whole different place, which is part or the attraction :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Electricity and Water bills, do we need to pay any Deposits? And if so, how much is it?

Just to share, for any Postpaid lines, the Deposit is now $500. But the troublesome issue is - The Service Centers are so far away at Taman Molek? Headache.

Not sure if it is standard or graduated but my deposit for electricity and water is RM800 and RM90 respectively.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
LL

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/causeway-buses-now-available-mall-123045567.html?nhp=1

causeway link buses now available from mall of medini to singaporeiskandar puteri:

Those who commute to singapore can now head to the mall of medini to take the causeway link buses to the republic.
Handal indah sdn bhd executive director rozlan a. Bakar said the mall has more than 1,000 parking spaces for commuters to park their cars before taking the buses to singapore to work.
Rozlan said there are 50 trips from the mall to the sultan abu bakar customs, immigration and quarantine complex in the second link from as early as 5am, and daily services from the sultan iskandar ciq building to singapore via the causeway.
A total of 1.1 million commuters use the causeway link buses daily to and from singapore to johor per month, which is about 36,000 commuters a day.
On challenges faced by handal indah, rozlan said the company has a shortage of bus drivers and the road conditions also cause buses to have a shorter lifespan and suffer breakdowns.
"a total of 150 buses can head to singapore in a day, and the same number come to johor via singapore," he told a press conference here today.
"however, we take steps to improve comfort for commuters and we upgrade on technology," he said.
As for buses plying routes in the city, rozlan said there are 200 buses for this and the waiting time is 20 minutes per bus.
"we have just procured 70 new buses but the buses can only be operational in stages as we need to replace an old bus with a new one in accordance to the permits that we have," he added.
Johor tourism, domestic trade and consumerism committee chairman datuk tee siew kiong, who launched the causeway link bus services from the mall of medini today, said that the company's effort would enhance the public transportation in the city though there was still room for improvement.
There are eight bus operators in the state.
On a separate matter, the company also launched a new express bus service from johor baru to kuala lumpur at the taman universiti bus terminal in skudai, which started in february and the jb tourist bus pass which offers tourists three days of unlimited bus rides on any manjalink-causeway link buses to attractions iskandar malaysia.
Another highlight is an exhibition bus which can be rented for roadshows and events.

had they been smart enough ,they could have done it long time ago.like having a big mall ,bills paying centre or bus interchange there to create mass,human traffic.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I haven't paid for my power and water supply for one of my houses in JB because I was told they waive it off when I dint hit a certain "target"

Huh?

As a Johorean, I can tell you, don't expect same things as you get in SG, if you expect the same, you will be massively disappointed. Malaysia is a whole different place, which is part or the attraction :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.