• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri Harbour is nice but it's a very long game just due to the amount of land that is still under development.
Without critical mass yet it's difficult to move much yet.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jems you mean.. I had my 10th stay in Jems ( Traders ) 2 weekends ago and the skybar is still as serene at night

Let see if Thor and his gang struttingtheir stuff at Puteri harbour...:smile:

Hey, I am going to PH again this weekend...this time stay at Traders.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opps..not been there since they changed name. And my favorite restaurant Spices and Grill..
IMG_3669.JPG

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
My advice to you - avoid MB like a plague.
Do some fact findings in those recently completed highrise projects by MB, you will know why...

what do you mean it is good? good in terms of quality or the price is good?RM1 million condo should be difficult to sell in current situation.

jhbong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, can you provide any findings that you have found? It is difficult to find any on the internet.

My advice to you - avoid MB like a plague.
Do some fact findings in those recently completed highrise projects by MB, you will know why...

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inferior built quality, poor (after sales) customer service, misrepresentations in their advertisements....my personal experience

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inferior built quality, poor (after sales) customer service, misrepresentations in their advertisements....my personal experience

To be frank, cant expect much from local developers. Don't say MB land, even SP Setia cannot warrant good built quality to you. So expensive, yet terrible workmanship.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relaxman aka cslong bought a house in BDO P12. His house developer is JLAND.

SP Setia
http://www.spsetia.com.my/corporate/
Malaysia top 10 developer, multiple award winner, latest project setia eco cascadia winner of MLAA 2014 award (developer category), soon to be merged with sime darby & I&P to become a property giant worth assets of over billions, nett cash hoard substantial.

and

JLAND
www.jland.com.my

oh my. under maintenance.
Wow...Your obsession on cslong is really deep.... Anyway, I don't have a house at BDO. To me SP Setia and Jland are both GLC. Same same la... really nothing great about them. The only different is setia don't have a leader now. Just why a bit chaos now. Tan Sri power play is too much for sp setia to handle.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow...Your obsession on cslong is really deep.... Anyway, I don't have a house at BDO. To me SP Setia and Jland are both GLC. Same same la... really nothing great about them. The only different is setia don't have a leader now. Just why a bit chaos now. Tan Sri power play is too much for sp setia to handle.

I respect Tan Sri Liew a lot. I believe he was hurt from the SP Setia takeover from PNB but sure is fighting back hard. On the other hand, PNB is clueless on how to manage Setia now.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I respect Tan Sri Liew a lot. I believe he was hurt from the SP Setia takeover from PNB but sure is fighting back hard. On the other hand, PNB is clueless on how to manage Setia now.

Tan Sri has to be careful with his debt management in a slowing market. Tapping into the capital market recently has relieved the debt pressure a bit, but driving sales in a slow market is key to sustaining the company's growth, and honestly, it is quite challenging now especially without deep pockets.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Tan Sri has to be careful with his debt management in a slowing market. Tapping into the capital market recently has relieved the debt pressure a bit, but driving sales in a slow market is key to sustaining the company's growth, and honestly, it is quite challenging now especially without deep pockets.

I believe he will survive. He is a fighter and he will fight back hard. We can see how his Eco Summer outgunned PNB Setia Eco Cascadia in Tebrau JB. Is a classic case.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My family and I moved to JB and marked our first year not too long ago. We are now used to the commute - kids adjusted to timing and are much better with time management. From Feb onwards, we noticed that the traffic situation was remarkably better. We could leave our home at 6am and got to school (in Woodlands) by 7am. And coming home was easy breezy. However, in the last month or so, it seems the traffic situation has returned to its crazy levels and we can't quite put our fingers on why this has been so. There was a day or two when we were at the M'sia immigration building for about an hour because traffic wouldn't move. And there was another day that the bikes took over the car lane and cars, buses and trucks had to share one lane. I don't even know how that happened or why it was even allowed to happen.

Has this been the experience of other commuters? And please, naysayers, spare me with your suggestions of us moving back. We have our own reasons for moving and it's not just for economic reasons.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
My family and I moved to JB and marked our first year not too long ago. We are now used to the commute - kids adjusted to timing and are much better with time management. From Feb onwards, we noticed that the traffic situation was remarkably better. We could leave our home at 6am and got to school (in Woodlands) by 7am. And coming home was easy breezy. However, in the last month or so, it seems the traffic situation has returned to its crazy levels and we can't quite put our fingers on why this has been so. There was a day or two when we were at the M'sia immigration building for about an hour because traffic wouldn't move. And there was another day that the bikes took over the car lane and cars, buses and trucks had to share one lane. I don't even know how that happened or why it was even allowed to happen.

Has this been the experience of other commuters? And please, naysayers, spare me with your suggestions of us moving back. We have our own reasons for moving and it's not just for economic reasons.

Usually nowadays, the Causeway taffic condition bothways is usually not so heavy and quite smooth.
There are days when there is a huge jam on SG's side, I notice the jam was usually caused by the thorough check on cars at the customs side and sometimes a second check by anti-narcotics officers before the exit causing a bottleneck.
I guess those were days when they got winds of some smuggling activities attempts about to happen.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Great decision to stay at JB. You have proven many people wrong here. These self proclaimed property gurus said that hardly any singaporean would shift and stay at JB. Which JB area you staying now?

Status
Not open for further replies.