• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
boat.jpg
The inside console of a boat we booked recently in Puteri Harbour. Nice and very good service from the crew and staff. Crewed by Puteri Harbour staff and boat was rented from a private owner for a day.

Saw this picture of a sea going bus, coincidental it was yellow, even thought it was a Handal Indah new service. Would it be good if they could start a new CWS (SEA)
handal indah.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I will put the cars pictures to their rightful folder but just sharing, this is the 4x4 shop in Tebrau. SJ 4x4.
Prices reasonable too. cars.jpgcars2.jpgcars3.jpgcars4.jpgcars5.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Speaking of vehicles on 4 wheels, there is a pretty bare track at the former Carrefour (Now AEON BIG) for electrical ATVs. Its right at the end of the car park and prices are about 10RM per ride. Its mainly for kids but adults can play too, they have helmets for safety but some of the ATVs do go pretty fast though not as fast as go karts, its still a good rush. They are also open at night too and was still open when we left about 8pm.

Though the equipment is a bit old and some run down, the chaps there were pretty helpful.

tebrau.jpg

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Nice small petshop at AEON BIG (Tebrau area)

Do beware of touts selling you handphones from questionable sources and do make sure your belongings are taken away from your car at the carpark in AEON BIG in Tebrau.

Else, its a pretty quiet mall with a pretty small but interesting pet shop selling NZ, Angora rabbits and they have have quite a few Sugar Gliders for sale at the price of 200 RM each. The rabbits were pretty reasonable at about 48 RM, they have guinea pigs too and aquatic pets as well.

pets.jpg

The DON Japanese food inside the mall is so so but its a quiet place for one to have some food.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Updated

Not related in anyway to the shop below except that though they are a bit out of the way, the owner is not very friendly but prices are quite ok.
From our bad experience, there will be very little in the way of after sales service so do test things thoroughly out before you leave.

They have lots of RC stuff including racing cars, boats as well as bicycles electrical kids rides, motorized pocket bikes/ATVs.
car.jpgbike.jpg

His shop is at
No22, jalan bacang 38,
taman kota masai,
81700 pasir gudang

There is also another shop selling Pocket bikes but this other one is located in Pontian but our friends and ourselves have bad experiences with them as in they exchanged an old petrol bottle for a new one my friend just bought when he wasn't looking and overcharged him 2.5 times for one bike and 3 times for another one. They also told him the wrong ratio for 2T oil mixed with petrol. He found the outside prices only after his kids joined a pocket bike club here.

The Pontian shop is right by the roadside near a traffic light and right after a Shell petrol station, its on the left side on the way back towards Nusajaya. Please avoid this shop.

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
if we are in N. America, then lan lan lor. But we are in Asia. I don't take shit from ang mohs. not when I make more money than most of them. and certainly not when they are on my playground. not that I look down on ang mohs or anything. I would stand up to any bully.

but then again, what are the laws when it comes to fireworks? was he justified?

Still behaving as though hes our colonial master.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
fireworks are prohibited in malaysia. but then of course we malaysian, including police, are torelance enough most of the time we just close one eye:smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if we are in N. America, then lan lan lor. But we are in Asia. I don't take shit from ang mohs. not when I make more money than most of them. and certainly not when they are on my playground. not that I look down on ang mohs or anything. I would stand up to any bully.

but then again, what are the laws when it comes to fireworks? was he justified?

Tats y i always say if in Rome and if cant follows wat the Romans do, then at least tiam tiam lah. Its not ur grandfather land to begin with. Not happy with the culture here or not used to Msian way of life, then balek kampong lor.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking of vehicles on 4 wheels, there is a pretty bare track at the former Carrefour (Now AEON BIG) for electrical ATVs. Its right at the end of the car park and prices are about 10RM per ride. Its mainly for kids but adults can play too, they have helmets for safety but some of the ATVs do go pretty fast though not as fast as go karts, its still a good rush. They are also open at night too and was still open when we left about 8pm.

Though the equipment is a bit old and some run down, the chaps there were pretty helpful.

View attachment 13650

Thxs Wuqi. Nice recommendations. Actually running out of places to go with family other than those usual shopping centres and Legoland within 20mins drive.

Btw, noticed more and more angmohs driving MY registered cars in SG. Damn tulan. Wonder whether they are working in SG while living in MY? So they can have this privilege but we Sgreans living in MY cannot?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thxs Wuqi. Nice recommendations. Actually running out of places to go with family other than those usual shopping centres and Legoland within 20mins drive.

Btw, noticed more and more angmohs driving MY registered cars in SG. Damn tulan. Wonder whether they are working in SG while living in MY? So they can have this privilege but we Sgreans living in MY cannot?

can as long as they are employment pass holders and not SPRs...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a loop hole conveniently left untouched.

But if it is levied more heavily, then there is a good chance Malaysia side will also start some nonsense to collect levy from S-plate drivers.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a loop hole conveniently left untouched.

But if it is levied more heavily, then there is a good chance Malaysia side will also start some nonsense to collect levy from S-plate drivers.

Yes, those $craze miws will definitely increase levy for MY plate cars entering SG in near future as our roads are jam packed almost all the time which in turn affect S plate cars going into MY.

Life is definitely getting harder and harder for the common people like me. Best for my children to work as FTs in MY under expat's package when they grow up.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has always been ok though and has been here for the past almost 3 years so this outburst was wholly unexpected.

It seems to me if it is the only time in 3 years then you are right about him just being upset about something and yelling when he shouldn't have. Not making it worse in that case, is likely the best thing.

It seems to me there are several lessons here.

1) don't yell at people
2) if people are rude (yell, make much more noise than they should, etc.) don't make things worse by being rude back (even if they give you a bit of an excuse based on their behavior)
3) be considerate of your neighbors and all other people (not just don't be rude, but be actively considerate, think of the way you are parking, putting out trash, offer to help when you can…)
4) understand where you are and accept that things may not be exactly like you are used to. This is likely a huge part of making yourself happier. If you let all sorts of things bother you, including just rude and inconsiderate people, you are likely to be made much more unhappy.

When there are ongoing problems that make you upset it is likely best to address the others involved as calmly as you can. This is hard for many people to do. It is hard when people are dealing with others that share the same culture. It is even harder when people are from different cultures not only because they may see things differently but they misunderstand each other and then take things personally that are really more just about cultural differences.

And also when there are different cultures people are much more likely to jump and get upset much more quickly (often because of bad experiences in their life when they have had to suffer disrespect or whatever else, when they shouldn't have had to). While that is understandable it isn't helpful. Just from a selfish perspective it is best if you can avoid this. It is also best from a perspective of having harmonious relationships but even forgetting that, just looking out for yourself, if you carry around past frustrations you are going to be upset more and get angry more than if you can shed those feelings. This doesn't mean you let other walk over you consistently it just means getting angry about things doesn't help. If people are behaving badly, then address that but try to do so without the extra anger from past experiences getting in the way.

As usual, it seems to me we could all benefit by being more like wuqi256.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.