• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

Here I am again to updates.

I have just make payment of 15% of the property value and 5k RM for the lawyer to start working on my case.
I heard that the document had been courier to South Africa for the seller to sign. Probably will be back by this wednesday.

The lawyer (Ms Yap) - Lim Soh & Goonting mentioned that my case will probably be done 4-6 weeks from now, until the state approval, etc..
My seller is a clean case, meaning that he did not have any bank loan therefore it will be faster...

now my worries come, my parents sooo old.. but now , i read through so many cases, social visit pass holder cannot hire any maids..
what to do with my parents' meals and tidiness of the house..

someone on facebook recommended me to get food delivery from bukit indah nearby.. does anyone knows about this?

I am considering MM2H for my parents, but I must deposit 150,000 RM = $62,500..
(Rather OK) but then, i have heard people saying that they regret getting into that MM2H plan because ringgit is always depreciate in value...

Tell me what i can do now..

Thanks for hearing me rant....

i thought wuqi mentioned to u can employ maid ? did u contact him directly ?

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to the Somerset Puteri Harbour serviced apartments exhibition yesterday, at the hotel opposite Paragon, and boy was it crowded. I was surprised as I thought there would not be much interest in serviced apartments. The pricing was very expensive too. A 1 bedroom unit of about 1150 sq ft not facing the marina was selling at RM988K!

All the marina facing units launched were sold on Saturday itself. None left! They are offering 5 per cent net yield rental guarantee for the first 2 years and profit sharing thereafter for 8 years. After that, you can take back your unit for own stay. UOB and HSBC also offering loans of 80 and 85 per cent, and the developer pays for all stamp and legal fees except on the loan.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

Here I am again to updates.

I have just make payment of 15% of the property value and 5k RM for the lawyer to start working on my case.
I heard that the document had been courier to South Africa for the seller to sign. Probably will be back by this wednesday.

The lawyer (Ms Yap) - Lim Soh & Goonting mentioned that my case will probably be done 4-6 weeks from now, until the state approval, etc..
My seller is a clean case, meaning that he did not have any bank loan therefore it will be faster...

now my worries come, my parents sooo old.. but now , i read through so many cases, social visit pass holder cannot hire any maids..
what to do with my parents' meals and tidiness of the house..

someone on facebook recommended me to get food delivery from bukit indah nearby.. does anyone knows about this?

(Rather OK) but then, i have heard people saying that they regret getting into that MM2H plan because ringgit is always depreciate in value...

Tell me what i can do now..

Thanks for hearing me rant....

Bro , maybe for the time being , you can get contract cleaning like once a week . Should only cost you rm50 each cleaning job .
For food , like you say catering is easily available lor .

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro,

Pls dont get me wrong, I am not advising you against the development nor the developer. No hidden issue there.

I am merely saying, Why the rush? You are absolutely right, you should take your time to let your emotion (both anger and excitement) settle down and re-assess your options. Plenty of options if you have money.

I will take you through another path, which hopefully allows you to reflect this through. I dont need the answers.....

What do you gain or lose by confirming a unit now? Will you make a better and clearer decision if you were to take a few weeks to do so? What are you compromising if you were to take a few more weeks or even a month to do that? What have you got to lose if you still arrived at the same point after a month of re-assessment? One thing for sure, it confirms your earlier decision and you are definitely more certain about it.

Again, as I have said in my other posts, buying properties are for long term. We will have to live with the decision for a long time - good and not so good decision. It pays to spend sometime evaluating our options carefully before taking the step of making the DECISION.

Hello, good afternoon.

For those fellow bros/sis such as nusajaya and lastresort that have advised me to re-think about ST, can you highlight if there is any hidden issue or rather, things that I have failed to see? I have been thinking and re-assessing but I'm not quite sure if I'm seeing your messages to me...maybe I'm blinded by all the excitement and not seeing things as rationally as you are/as I should be ...

Bro yonglip, sorry, not trying to be funny, but rather keep that info on pricing private for now. At this point of entry, price can't be that low and I'm trying to avoid to be a laughing-stock ... Not saying that u all will, just my little insecurity and don't want the added-pressures ...

Cathy, within ST/Kempas, there is a proposed shopping center by sp (not finalized), a proposed tesco, then lots of shop lots ... Also in dato onn and adda, the shop lots are coming up, in particular the dato, they are gonna be actively developing the commercials next, since most of the neighborhood 11 is already in final phase ...

Ah tiong, Wah lau eh, curry some more (and it sounded like it has happened many times), I think u all should form a watch group and put that culprit to justice ! That's so dangerous ... If all else fail, complain to MP :wink:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay bro, got ya ... I haven't finalized the s&p, so still have chance to reverse the position. U r quite right that for the past few days, my full concentration was merely directed at ST, and I didn't bother to do a final comparison against all options again. I have a checklist, ST ticked most of my boxes, but not all my boxes. I agree that a dream home should had my entire list checked. I have until this Saturday to sign the s&p, so I will make sure I do my study. Thanks much!

Hi Bro,

Pls dont get me wrong, I am not advising you against the development nor the developer. No hidden issue there.

I am merely saying, Why the rush? You are absolutely right, you should take your time to let your emotion (both anger and excitement) settle down and re-assess your options. Plenty of options if you have money.

I will take you through another path, which hopefully allows you to reflect this through. I dont need the answers.....

What do you gain or lose by confirming a unit now? Will you make a better and clearer decision if you were to take a few weeks to do so? What are you compromising if you were to take a few more weeks or even a month to do that? What have you got to lose if you still arrived at the same point after a month of re-assessment? One thing for sure, it confirms your earlier decision and you are definitely more certain about it.

Again, as I have said in my other posts, buying properties are for long term. We will have to live with the decision for a long time - good and not so good decision. It pays to spend sometime evaluating our options carefully before taking the step of making the DECISION.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay bro, got ya ... I haven't finalized the s&p, so still have chance to reverse the position. U r quite right that for the past few days, my full concentration was merely directed at ST, and I didn't bother to do a final comparison against all options again. I have a checklist, ST ticked most of my boxes, but not all my boxes. I agree that a dream home should had my entire list checked. I have until this Saturday to sign the s&p, so I will make sure I do my study. Thanks much!

Good decision.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is really this much, I wonder how many bro and sis from Singapore would reconsider or even decide not to live in Malaysia and work in Singapore.

Remember. Sg will also charge you the same amount in toll so effectively you pay 30.60 rm in tolls for a return trip. Only hope is that the jb Chinese chamber of commerce will step in to highlight the lost of revenue to the local business. Also a lot more jb drivers will change to motorbike to beat the cost of driving.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
now my worries come, my parents sooo old..

its not just the RM150K FD bro....have to fulfil the RM350K in liquid assets and income of RM10K per month to qualify to apply for MM2H for those aged 50 and above....

from their web...

"Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 350,000. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government approved funds of RM 10,000 per month."

MM2H i think is suitable for your case cos it would mean no need to chop passport every month for your elderly parents..

I may apply next time under my own name if my father likes to stay in Johor on a more permanent basis...understand that parents (as dependents) get a yearly visa rather than 10 years one...which is still better than the 30 days visa.

Cheers,

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still will, but might consider car pooling to defray costs if everything gets to the stage of no economical sense

If it is really this much, I wonder how many bro and sis from Singapore would reconsider or even decide not to live in Malaysia and work in Singapore.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro DOA, you booked ST Sky Gardens Residences right. I actually thought it was sold out long ago because I remember when they had a road show at Bukit Indah Jusco the sales girl told me it was sold out.

Can I know the prices, psf, the package and how many units are left.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RC also organise activities like colouring contests, Father Child look a like contest on Fathers day, makan sessions, durian and fruit makan sessions, yearly fengshui talk, exercise at central parks, monthly laughing yogas.... all are free for residence to join in. Did you join any of them?

Did not attend them though once I pass the RC when they had such events, the entire visitor lots & roadside are parked with cars..

Last time when I redeem the ceiling fans from the Setia reward programme, they say I have to bring the fans to my unit myself as they claimed the Setia vehicle which was parked is for patrolling purpose... I had to make 2 trips..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RC also organise activities like colouring contests, Father Child look a like contest on Fathers day, makan sessions, durian and fruit makan sessions, yearly fengshui talk, exercise at central parks, monthly laughing yogas.... all are free for residence to join in. Did you join any of them?

hahaha, when i first read this post, i thought sis cathy was talking about her Singapore RC. Yeah Setia as well as sutera always have such activities. =)

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro DOA, you booked ST Sky Gardens Residences right. I actually thought it was sold out long ago because I remember when they had a road show at Bukit Indah Jusco the sales girl told me it was sold out.

Can I know the prices, psf, the package and how many units are left.

I believe SGR was sold out already unless it was a bumi-release unit.

But there's a new condo project within ST called Sky Peak. Looks better in exterior design although floorplan is more odd-shaped.
I believe there's unit available as it's launched recently.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

But bros using Tuas link are already paying so much daily.....and their housing at Nusajaya is also more expensive than other areas....still got demand wor

Let's calculate....if buy HDB 4-5RM for $500k, assume loan is S$400k(pay upfront $100k) and 1% interest, monthly installment is $1287 for 30yrs.
If buy rm600K house in JB, upfront pay the same S$100k, so loan is rm360k and assume 4.3% interest, installment is rm1781 or $742.
So, there's a monthly savings of $545 in housing....and one gets to stay in bigger landed home.
The toll fee would incur about S$250-300/mth.

Last edited:

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still will, but might consider car pooling to defray costs if everything gets to the stage of no economical sense

5 times the old toll rate is ridiculous. Wonder who is the bright mind behind this.

If this deter spenders to cross over, the businesses can easier lose many many many times the toll profits.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aisanbo said:
I believe SGR was sold out already unless it was a bumi-release unit.

But there's a new condo project within ST called Sky Peak. Looks better in exterior design although floorplan is more odd-shaped.
I believe there's unit available as it's launched recently.

Bro Aisanbo, I think you're referring to sky oasis at setia indah? The one with lakes in front. Sky peak aka 88 is in jv sentral. =)

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whathefish said:
5 times the old toll rate is ridiculous. Wonder who is the bright mind behind this.

If this deter spenders to cross over, the businesses can easier lose many many many times the toll profits.

I agree there will be multiplier effect, the net loss is much more than fall in investments. Why not put a toll on tebrau.highway so that ppl will still use edl

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Aisanbo, I think you're referring to sky oasis at setia indah? The one with lakes in front. Sky peak aka 88 is in jv sentral. =)

Setia Tropika has 2 condo projects - Sky Gardens and Sky Peak (if I remember correctly)....
I saw the model at ST office.

Status
Not open for further replies.