• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear friends.... Finally i visited visited Johor and had a look at some of the the places, here are my views...

The people generally seem to be friendly.... but i have not interacted with a lot of people to come to a conclusion. There is no well establised public transport so a car becomes a must and it is very difficult for any elderly to communicate freely by themselves (since they may be unable to drive). The cabs too are not very easily available at all the places... but i am not sure if there is a call a cab service which one could use...

Horizon Hills seemed to be good but very much high priced and very far away.
-Good
It seems to have a good management which would be managing the property well. The person i met took me around the places and explained me the various precints very well but after i waited for a 15-20 mins...

The new projects are being built over wider area of land and seem to be better than the Gateway in terms of distribution of houses over the area of land

Swimming pool and club house and a restaurant

A potential for the residential communities to interact and have a good social living way of life.

-Bad
Security, i dont find HH to be much secure as the 1st level of security that is the main gate to the HH was wide open for anyone to freely come in and go out... no id checks and no verification. The only security is the individual precint security at entrance of individual Gateway /Golf e.t.c

Green/Environmental Factor, The HH is developed over vast area of GREEN land with beautiful plantations and really well grown trees... destruction of all this is a major loss to human kind and to mother earth ( sorry i am a bit green person)

High Price, The new developments are coming up at a higher price as compared to the early launches of gateway which was launched at around 300K RM +. Though the land was occupied by the companies at the same price, and the cost of construction has marginally increased.... the higher prices are not 100% justified....

Furthest, if i am right among all the projects HH is the furthest from singapore.. .( do correct me if you differ)

Nusa Idaman was just slihgtly less in price currently than HH, but is as distant as HH and relies on individual precints to have their own security and society formation in the long run....so it is vital that all the members agree on the way the society will be managed. Location is very close to HH but the price is much lower the HH

Leisure Farms A serene place to live, good security as they collect a ID at the time of main entrance.Very expensive. Though it is closest to Singapore from second link in terms of distance ... atmo the way to go there directly from teh highway is not open so one has to take an alternative route whcih is slightly longer.... The Best option!!!

Ledang heights and Ledang East
The office was closed due to CNY and there was no one there to take me inside and i was not allowed to view the place. This may be closest ot singapore but priced very high as well....

1 thing i would like to highlight to every one is the cost of any unit in Johor/msia is much higher if one is buying on loan. For example a unit of 500K rm @ 6% loan for 30 years will cost the owner 1 mil Rm in real cost including the interests ... due to high rate of interest currently prevailent in msia. so one should factor this at the time of buying a unit.

Next time I am considering to have a look at some of the units at Bukit Indah as well due to proximity to necessity. May be at Nusa Dutta, if any one has a review of Nusa Dutta then please share it out here.... as i personally found the location nice....

About cost of living, from my visit at Giant my wife could comapre the prices of some of the basic items like milk and other grocery and share that the prices are a lot lower than in Singapore.. may be just 5 to max 10% of savings on grocery and such. Overall it is not much cheaper to live in Johor and come to singapore to work...

So atmo, if i had lots of free money available at my disposal i may have bought Leisure Farms but atmo i may just delay my plan to buy anything untill i have a better liquidity and the Euro/US crises settle in and the Debt markets improve and see if that has any impact on the prices in Johor which i am positive that they may correct southwards.

"Gong Xi Fa Cai"

my views of HH is different from you.

80% of the population is made up of foreigners and 50% made up of singaporeans. (no locals would want to commit 500k RM for HH)
lots of singapore cars parked at the entrance of the gate if you may noticed.

Wait till the coastal highway is up and running, i believed it can cut travelling distance between HH and singapore.

HH going to teso, jusco is pretty near.. (if you have a car).. can also go nusa bestari to have cheap hawker food if malls' food are not cheap.

there are alot of singaporeans renting place at HH and working in singapore. you might want to check that out..

apart from these, security wise, pretty tight... security guards are seen patrolling within the precinct .. i may say, pretty inconvenience for old folks whom cannot drive........
if want convenience, i will have to say ' stay in SG' and have your pocket dry :P

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
property agent had rated HH as grade 1 in JB..

i dont know what is the grading like there?.. i think it is about the price?

HH slogan - One with Nature..

so we can expect they would keeps lots of greenery and do not much about it :P

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank You brother! I will consider having a look at the other places like Nusa Duta, Nusa Besteri, Bukit Indah next time....

From you note it looks like you are staying in Horizon Hills, can you share if there are any monmthly maintenance anf if so how much are these??? .. and how are we certain that these will not go up a lot after a few years...i forgot to ask this

Also are there any small grocery or general store within the HH estate?

Thanks,

you may want to try the address at bukit indah, darn near to the malls and supermarket..

but abit further to sg i would say? but nvm , since u got a car, all these will be near..

the address Terrance gonna be completed by 2013?

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. Will most likely hack the walls to create a simple balcony - wall and glass combi type. Cos on floor plan, the RC flat roof for the car porch is as big as the size of Master bed room,..will be a waste to let it just be a roof.

Cheers.

Bro, I remember asking the sales guy (near bestmart office) about this issue. He told me that I am not allowed to do anything on the roof of car porch. This is for Bestari Height. We can do anything we like inside, but not outside.
Need to re-confirm again about this particular topic.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I remember asking the sales guy (near bestmart office) about this issue. He told me that I am not allowed to do anything on the roof of car porch. This is for Bestari Height. We can do anything we like inside, but not outside.
Need to re-confirm again about this particular topic.

Thanks for the info bro,..i look at this as both pro and con. Stricter control by developer especially if they invoke the deed of convenant will help to maintain the uniformity in the facade of the buildings, so that one doesnt get a rude shock with "overly creative" neighbours...haha. On the other hand, it would mean inability to maximise the space usage of the building...a good 250 square feet of space wasted!..

i prefer a consultative approach,...whatever owners want to do will be submitted to developer for approval so that they have final control over the changes owners make to their houses, this will help ensure owners do not stray too much away from a consistent look. If one looks at the yelllow series of Nusa Duta houses, it is very clear the developer did not exercise any control and truly "free for all"...

Cheers.

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish they plant more trees at the perimeter, rather than chopping and let the trees rot on its own. With rhetorically coastal highway and without trees, the place has lost a bitbof exclusivity.

They should, and ia wonder how will the entire Johor (nusajaya) place look like after the development has happened... i.e once they cut off all the trees... in my view they could be smart to do this chopping of trees and not cut from every where. Like in Sgp towards Bukit batok and bukit timah.. there are still many trees around the place.. even though there is a lot of contrtuction.... the property developers in johor should be more careful when chopping trees .... just my view...

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
my views of HH is different from you.

80% of the population is made up of foreigners and 50% made up of singaporeans. (no locals would want to commit 500k RM for HH)
lots of singapore cars parked at the entrance of the gate if you may noticed.

Wait till the coastal highway is up and running, i believed it can cut travelling distance between HH and singapore.

HH going to teso, jusco is pretty near.. (if you have a car).. can also go nusa bestari to have cheap hawker food if malls' food are not cheap.

there are alot of singaporeans renting place at HH and working in singapore. you might want to check that out..

apart from these, security wise, pretty tight... security guards are seen patrolling within the precinct .. i may say, pretty inconvenience for old folks whom cannot drive........
if want convenience, i will have to say ' stay in SG' and have your pocket dry :P

Thanks bro for your views... as for my case its my first house so will have to make all; the considerations....specifically the high interest rate for home loan prevailing in msia...

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
you may want to try the address at bukit indah, darn near to the malls and supermarket..

but abit further to sg i would say? but nvm , since u got a car, all these will be near..

the address Terrance gonna be completed by 2013?

What do you mean by "the address Terrance gonna be completed by 2013"?
Is there a development called Terrance?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
traffic into sg is bumper to bumper now as i see in the skycam both causeway and tuas. wanted to head out today but decided against. hope no one here will be caught in the super jam.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
traffic into sg is bumper to bumper now as i see in the skycam both causeway and tuas. wanted to head out today but decided against. hope no one here will be caught in the super jam.

Wow. It is fine to enter Johor but definitely disaster to drive to Singapore now and probably late into the night. Please do something more in the custom and more Singapore will live in JB.

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
The information in this thread is really useful for me to understand my requirements before making my investment in JB. I did my homework and categorized us into three main categories. There are three projects which are widely discussed in this thread so I decided to categorize them based on these three projects; NI, HH and EL.

Nusa Idaman (NI), investors or home buyers who are:

1) Gaining faith in JB property market but still having some doubts, hence not willing to invest too much yet
2) Only willing to invest RM500k-700k (RM500k, minimum price for foreigners to invest) for a weekend home which might turn out to be a retirement home at the later stage or permanent home for the family
3) Only interested in gated and guarded homes
4) Wanted to stay near to the heart of Bukit Indah; Jusco, banks, etc (1-2km away)
5) Only interested in buying from reputable developers such as UEM. This is to avoid having to invest into smaller timer developer who may just abandon their projects during construction stage

Horizon Hill (HH)

1) Having good faith in JB property market and very positve that Malaysian government will make Iskandar project a success story
2) Willing to invest RM700k-1.5mil for a home in JB. Most probably have already decided that we are moving our family permanently to JB
3) Only interested in gated and guarded homes with a golf course facilities nearby
4) Wanted to stay near to the heart of Bukit Indah; Jusco, banks, etc (2-3km away)
5) Only buying from good developer (Gamuda/UEM)

East Ledang (EL)

1) Almost certain that Iskandar project is going to be very successful
2) Willing to invest RM1.5-4mil for a home in JB.
3) Only interested in gated and guarded homes
4) Only interested in buying from reputable developers such as UEM. This is to avoid having to invest into smaller timer developer who may just abandon their projects during construction stage
5) Too much cash lying around... :smile: just kidding

I am definitely not having too much cash lying around...:smile: so I could either be in HH or NI category. However at the moment I think I would consider myself in NI. Apart from the reasons listed above, I think there is another hidden factor which may make NI a better choice from short-term capital appreciation perspective.

Correct me if my analysis is incorrect k?

Intermmediate lots for phase 7 & 8 are priced between RM450-490k and corner lots are priced higher than RM500k. I am sure some of us would prefer it to be priced slightly higher to breach the RM500k mark for intermmediate units. However this is not the case now. Anyway assuming that I bought a corner/end lot unit in NI and if few months later the developer decided to increase the price of the intermmediate units for phase 7 & 8 to RM500k to attract more foreign buyers, wouldnt my unit also benefit from the price increased? Which also translate to short-term capital appreciation. Or upon completion, sub-sale for intermmediate units are priced above RM500k due to the demand from the above mentioned NI category investors. So eventually we all know that NI properties are almost surely going to increased by RM10-50k at the very least upon completion.

Recently I booked a unit in NI, still deciding whether to proceed with it or not. If my analysis is correct, I would have easily make RM10-50k in a few months by just signing the SPA now. If yes then should I be getting more than one unit to double up the advantage?

I am informed that phase 8 launched around Oct2011 and completing mid of next year. Phase 7 launched around June2011 and is completing end of this year! Correct me if my information is wrong coz I am doubting it as well.

Indeed according to NI sales, phase 7 was 45% completed before they launch it in May2011 and it is indeed going to be completed by end of this year.

Maybe NI owners could give some insights whether they still consider NI a value buy.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lifted from another forum..

Who’s buying? Not Johor folk

By Shannon Teoh
The Malaysian Insider

JOHOR BARU, Jan 24 — It was the Sultan’s birthday two months ago and like most towns in Johor, Muar town was crowded with locals having a day out.
But the longest queue came out of the Maybank branch which was packed with Bangladeshis and Indonesians waiting to make withdrawals from the ATM.

Apart from food and beverage outlets, retail stores were strangely empty, save for groups of foreign workers.

In Johor Baru, the Islamic New Year a week later also saw the same scenario, except the foreigners in this case were missing, as Singaporeans were still at work south of the border.

Downtown JB is no longer the thriving retail hub it once was, forcing taxi drivers to queue for scraps.
Over this Chinese New Year, retail outlets in Johor Baru, as well as Kuala Lumpur, were also dominated by foreign workers as locals return to their hometown and leave city streets empty.
But business is slow enough in Johor’s capital that Qian Ru, a 17-year-old shopgirl, is working alone in an empty clothing store at the three-year-old Taman Sutera Utama retail hub here.

“I usually work with a partner but she is at a singing competition now,” she said.

Across the state, disposable income has dwindled as cost of living — already high in Johor Baru because of the influx of Singapore money — soared over the past three years.

State opposition leader Dr Boo Cheng Hau told The Malaysian Insider that according to the Johor economic planning unit, GDP per capita jumped by 12 per cent in 2010 but it glosses over a 12.5 per cent drop the year before.

“No one can help us anymore,” said Johor Small-Medium Enterprise Association president Teh Kee Sin, noting that the government cannot offer any more stimulus packages and Singapore tourists have been moving away from downtown JB.

“We’ve been relying on strong support from Singapore. That’s the retail market because there’s no more domestic demand,” he added.

Local businesses in the state capital been hit by the shift in Singapore tourists after the new Custom, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex and a direct route to the North-South Expressway from the Second Link in Tuas were built in 2008 and 2007 respectively.

The combination of the CIQ, which routes traffic from the Causeway around downtown JB, and the better connectivity of the Second Link resulted in the Causeway’s share as an entry point for tourist arrivals dropping from 82 per cent in 2007 to 64 per cent in 2008 while the Second Link’s share more than doubled to 29 per cent.

Money changers, which were once available at every street corner, have left the JB city centre, with those remaining saying business has dropped by more than half in the past few years.

Bo will deliver single plates from China now that bulk orders from retailers have dwindled.
According to Bo Song Chian, owner of Muar-based World-Trend Logistics, local retailers are also being hit by alternatives such as online purchases and the low cost of flying overseas to cheaper markets thanks to budget airlines such as AirAsia.
He told The Malaysian Insider 70 per cent of his business has shifted from local retailers ordering in bulk to locals ordering items online, increasing his delivery costs.

To describe the markup local retailers and logistics companies enjoyed, he pointed to a branded casing for Apple’s iPhone, which costs RM80 in the stores, but “only RM15 in China, so plus my transport fee of RM15, you can buy four and still save RM5.”

“If you order one plate from China also I will send. On top of that, I have to guarantee it will arrive in three days,” he said.

But the Barisan Nasional (BN) state government insists that the Iskandar Malaysia economic zone will flood the state with higher salaries and a thriving retail economy, including theme park Legoland which, Iskandar says, will create 5,000 jobs when it opens early this year.

Datuk Seri Najib Razak launched the Johor Premium Outlet in December last year, which the prime minister said will see three million shoppers per year visiting the 130 high-end stores.

“Legoland and the Premium Outlet will boost salaries. These are jobs locals are interested in rather than manual labour in plantations and factories,” Johor Baru MP Datuk Seri Shahrir Samad told The Malaysian Insider.

But concern from small businesses, other than those involved in property and construction, is that they will lose out from added competition.

Occupancy of shopping malls fell from 503,355 square metres in 2007 to 499,655 the next year, with 12 shopping complexes, including Sutera Mall opened in Taman Sutera Mall later that year, being planned to supply another 838,087 square metres of floor space.

“You know and I know and everyone knows nothing is happening in Iskandar. Now whatever happens, happens la,” said a top Iskandar official.

He added that although committed investment in the project, launched in 2006, has doubled to RM78 billion since 2008, “maybe just one-third is on the ground.”

Association chief Teh believes Iskandar may have in fact contributed to inflation, citing the hike in land prices to RM130 per square foot from RM30 in the new administrative centre Nusajaya since the development project first took off.
The RM1 billion Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL), a highway project under the Iskandar zone, is also set to hit pockets and businesses when Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB) starts charging all commuters using the Causeway in both directions early this year.

The Malaysian Insider reported that MRCB has proposed a RM9.10 toll in each direction for passenger vehicles using the EDL.

Shahrir had slammed the project owner for ignoring “the first and basic principle” of tolled roads by denying a free alternative route to commuters using the Causeway.

As Muar resident Ahmad Jimin told The Malaysian Insider before getting on his motorcycle, “the last Hari Raya, I could still buy new clothes. Next one? Who knows.”

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear friends,

If you are given a choice between:

- Nusa Idaman unit at RM500k VS Horizon Hills unit at RM650k (assuming same build-up)

Assuming you are using it as weekend home with family (wife + kids) and will probably visit only 2-3 times in a month. So which will you choose?

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
or i will re-phase my question...

Would you pay 30% more to get a weekend home in HH as compared to NI? Assuming it is the same build-up.... so 30% premium on HH x-factor.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro for your views... as for my case its my first house so will have to make all; the considerations....specifically the high interest rate for home loan prevailing in msia...

Hi Bro,

All interest rates are BLR - Discounted rate given by the banks.

I think you also have to calculate the amount of cost you saved when you uproot and move over to JB.
can those cover the interest rates (higher than SG) ?

If yes, it is worth to move?..

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
still bumper to bumper traffic at both links. hope tomorrow will be better.

Wow. It is fine to enter Johor but definitely disaster to drive to Singapore now and probably late into the night. Please do something more in the custom and more Singapore will live in JB.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the info! i want to go into SG to run my routine errands. have been postponing it for the past 2 days upon seeing the jam.
I want it to return to 10-15 minutes to clear both sides at 2nd link asap! :p

Hi Bro euphony,

I reached 2nd link last night at around 715pm, managed to clear the customs at 8pm.

Not too bad actually...

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend from Penang told me Johor is the place for condemned criminals from other states. I dont know how true this is but this Mamak coffeeshop in Jalan Perkasa in Tun Amina has seen 2 fatal killings in just 8 months apart. One thing I always tell me friend who stay overnights at hotels.. before you park your car, walk around the carpark to see if there are shattered glasses of cars lying around to ascertain how popular that place is for criminals. So far only those hotels in Taman Sutera Utama has no such traces. Bukit Indah ranked the most dangerous. Along the whole stretch of hotels, car windows kena smashed are so common.

To be fair, JB is really safer than in the past where criminals can simply car-jack you and drive away your car just like that. Now car-jackings in JB are quite uncommon. Car break ins are more common nowadays. One of my friends got his car winder smashed one day and labtop stolen and after getting his car fixed, one week later his car window was smashed again in KL when he parked downstairs and stayed in an apartment upstairs.

Many of u who are staying in Horizon Hills or safe tamans should rejoice at the level of safety that you are enjoying at the moment.

Bro, haha, Johor is not the place for condemned criminals from other states la... I think you may have missed the point.
Johor is THE focal place where the smartest, most ruthless and most enterprising criminals from all states of Malaysia, come to look for their pot of gold... only the 'best' can survive!

Security-wise, things are definitely better these days in Johor but as compared to many other states in Malaysia, it is still a relatively riskier place... and rightly so, Singaporeans need to be extra careful and vigilant as they continue to be easy, visible targets.
Living a retiree life in JB and wandering around in your own gated safely barricaded compounds is one thing... but to work, play and live full time in JB, is quite another and one will need to adapt.
I feel it will take another generation or so of sustained efforts before JB can reach its potential unless current efforts are derailed again by politics.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lifted from another forum..

Who’s buying? Not Johor folk

By Shannon Teoh
The Malaysian Insider

JOHOR BARU, Jan 24 — It was the Sultan’s birthday two months ago and like most towns in Johor, Muar town was crowded with locals having a day out.
But the longest queue came out of the Maybank branch which was packed with Bangladeshis and Indonesians waiting to make withdrawals from the ATM.

Apart from food and beverage outlets, retail stores were strangely empty, save for groups of foreign workers.

In Johor Baru, the Islamic New Year a week later also saw the same scenario, except the foreigners in this case were missing, as Singaporeans were still at work south of the border.

Downtown JB is no longer the thriving retail hub it once was, forcing taxi drivers to queue for scraps.
Over this Chinese New Year, retail outlets in Johor Baru, as well as Kuala Lumpur, were also dominated by foreign workers as locals return to their hometown and leave city streets empty.
But business is slow enough in Johor’s capital that Qian Ru, a 17-year-old shopgirl, is working alone in an empty clothing store at the three-year-old Taman Sutera Utama retail hub here.

“I usually work with a partner but she is at a singing competition now,” she said.

Across the state, disposable income has dwindled as cost of living — already high in Johor Baru because of the influx of Singapore money — soared over the past three years.

State opposition leader Dr Boo Cheng Hau told The Malaysian Insider that according to the Johor economic planning unit, GDP per capita jumped by 12 per cent in 2010 but it glosses over a 12.5 per cent drop the year before.

“No one can help us anymore,” said Johor Small-Medium Enterprise Association president Teh Kee Sin, noting that the government cannot offer any more stimulus packages and Singapore tourists have been moving away from downtown JB.

“We’ve been relying on strong support from Singapore. That’s the retail market because there’s no more domestic demand,” he added.

Local businesses in the state capital been hit by the shift in Singapore tourists after the new Custom, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex and a direct route to the North-South Expressway from the Second Link in Tuas were built in 2008 and 2007 respectively.

The combination of the CIQ, which routes traffic from the Causeway around downtown JB, and the better connectivity of the Second Link resulted in the Causeway’s share as an entry point for tourist arrivals dropping from 82 per cent in 2007 to 64 per cent in 2008 while the Second Link’s share more than doubled to 29 per cent.

Money changers, which were once available at every street corner, have left the JB city centre, with those remaining saying business has dropped by more than half in the past few years.

Bo will deliver single plates from China now that bulk orders from retailers have dwindled.
According to Bo Song Chian, owner of Muar-based World-Trend Logistics, local retailers are also being hit by alternatives such as online purchases and the low cost of flying overseas to cheaper markets thanks to budget airlines such as AirAsia.
He told The Malaysian Insider 70 per cent of his business has shifted from local retailers ordering in bulk to locals ordering items online, increasing his delivery costs.

To describe the markup local retailers and logistics companies enjoyed, he pointed to a branded casing for Apple’s iPhone, which costs RM80 in the stores, but “only RM15 in China, so plus my transport fee of RM15, you can buy four and still save RM5.”

“If you order one plate from China also I will send. On top of that, I have to guarantee it will arrive in three days,” he said.

But the Barisan Nasional (BN) state government insists that the Iskandar Malaysia economic zone will flood the state with higher salaries and a thriving retail economy, including theme park Legoland which, Iskandar says, will create 5,000 jobs when it opens early this year.

Datuk Seri Najib Razak launched the Johor Premium Outlet in December last year, which the prime minister said will see three million shoppers per year visiting the 130 high-end stores.

“Legoland and the Premium Outlet will boost salaries. These are jobs locals are interested in rather than manual labour in plantations and factories,” Johor Baru MP Datuk Seri Shahrir Samad told The Malaysian Insider.

But concern from small businesses, other than those involved in property and construction, is that they will lose out from added competition.

Occupancy of shopping malls fell from 503,355 square metres in 2007 to 499,655 the next year, with 12 shopping complexes, including Sutera Mall opened in Taman Sutera Mall later that year, being planned to supply another 838,087 square metres of floor space.

“You know and I know and everyone knows nothing is happening in Iskandar. Now whatever happens, happens la,” said a top Iskandar official.

He added that although committed investment in the project, launched in 2006, has doubled to RM78 billion since 2008, “maybe just one-third is on the ground.”

Association chief Teh believes Iskandar may have in fact contributed to inflation, citing the hike in land prices to RM130 per square foot from RM30 in the new administrative centre Nusajaya since the development project first took off.
The RM1 billion Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL), a highway project under the Iskandar zone, is also set to hit pockets and businesses when Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB) starts charging all commuters using the Causeway in both directions early this year.

The Malaysian Insider reported that MRCB has proposed a RM9.10 toll in each direction for passenger vehicles using the EDL.

Shahrir had slammed the project owner for ignoring “the first and basic principle” of tolled roads by denying a free alternative route to commuters using the Causeway.

As Muar resident Ahmad Jimin told The Malaysian Insider before getting on his motorcycle, “the last Hari Raya, I could still buy new clothes. Next one? Who knows.”

I read the article this morning and just one word came to my mind at the end ... GREED! - for SGD.

It might be one thing for JB properties to be selling well in the past 1-2 years and for developers to be launching more and more properties at ever higher prices.
It will be quite another for the same to be running ahead of fundamentals as quite evidently, the locals are not buying in and that would inevitably spell big problems down the road for Singaporean and foreign "investors" when supply outstrips demand - as it surely will, at the rate things are progressing.

The ground now is sweet ... I just hope the authorities and developers do not kill the goose that is laying the golden eggs prematurely through GREED!

Status
Not open for further replies.