• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was not too long ago when there was a huge protest by the locals regarding the high levels of crime in JB after a school girl was dragged to her death by motorbike riding robbers.

Yes,..inside the confines of one's secured tamans and the glitzy shopping complexes, one can be lulled easily into believing that the rest of JB is as peaceful and secured.

I have been going in/out of JB so often these days that i have even started to take security there for granted! Parking my car at one obscure corner. not checking whether there are people observing me etc,...not as careful as i used to be.

i think its good that JB crimes are ocassionally brought to the forefront so that all bros may be reminded to be ever vigilant.

cheers.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed according to NI sales, phase 7 was 45% completed before they launch it in May2011 and it is indeed going to be completed by end of this year.

Maybe NI owners could give some insights whether they still consider NI a value buy.

Strictly from a value proposition and personal opinion only, I would consider HH as a buy.
All other projects has its own attractions and supporters, each buying based on their own reasons - but for me, HH represents real longterm value due to its strategic location and good living concept, which is not so easily duplicable.

*** I should add though, that HH is increasingly getting too expensive for comfort and at current prices, I feel that one may well get stuck for a fair number of years, if it is meant for investment and rental purposes.

For those who had bought early, it would had been a good investment... quite a number of foreign investors who bought in early, have already exited with tidy profits in the past 1 year or so.
For those contemplating to enter now, however, caveat emptor... it is not a good sign when locals from KL and Penang start to gasp on hearing the prices in JB.
For own living, though, its not so much an issue as you literally have a lifetime to decide.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear friends,

If you are given a choice between:

- Nusa Idaman unit at RM500k VS Horizon Hills unit at RM650k (assuming same build-up)

Assuming you are using it as weekend home with family (wife + kids) and will probably visit only 2-3 times in a month. So which will you choose?

Depends how deep is your pocket lor , If i have e money , HH still my FIRST choice.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think I better write something here even though I havent been visiting this forum for the past week.

1) JUSCO CAR THEFT. I have personally encountered Malay boys ( aged 15-20 ) loitering around the illegally parked cars outside Jusco last Friday night. Its about 9pm and I switched off my engine and was resting while waiting for my relatives to come to my car after their shopping. From my rear mirrior, I saw two chaps peeping into every single cars from up the slope till down. I glared at them when they passed and tried to peep into my heavily-tinted car. They spotted me and scamper off without looking at those cars parked infront of mine. Ever since I heard there are alot more smashing incidents. Monday I was at Jusco but dared not leave my car and my relatives went to shop. For two hours, I was reading New Straits times and saw security guards stationed nearby. Its obvious the number of car thefts in Jusco has reached worrying levels. I dare not even leave or park my car there for 1 hour even though I have built-in cameras.

2) First day of CNY. Many people think there are no jams coming in and out of JB. Big mistake. I tried entering Singapore and was struck in the bloody jam for 1.5 hours even though the causeway was "only" half jammed. Those coming to JB were jammed from JB till BKE. The whole causeway was congested. This tells me that if I really want to move to JB to stay, I had better work or study in JB and not come into Spore so often. Its definitely good for retirees.

3) I was with my tenants at HH on the 2nd day of CNY. Heard the grass cutters coming in drove around the gardens ( back part of the house ) busily cutting grass. I also heard that on the first day of CNY, they were "very busy" cutting the grass and sweeping all the leaves away at the FRONT part of the houses.. Very smart.. today clean one side to wait for ang bao. The next day clean the backyard.

And the funniest part was this. My tenant told me he dint see them for many months already and the leaves outside his house had to be cleared by HE HIMSELF for these months. When we visited the playground for kids, I saw empty plastic bottles lying around. I saw the same bottles lying around when I visited last weekend.

REgarding playing with fireworks, I have no complaint but my tenants and a few of his neighbours were woken up on the CNY first day ( right after even ) at 1am+ once and another at 2am +.. after loud roars and thunderous firework display. They were ok with 12am + firework to mark the first day of CNY. In fact everywhere in Malaysia 12am-1230am is the peak period to put up fireworks. 2am+ is seriously too much in a place like HH where there are many expats with kids who need proper sleep.

And to top it all, one neighbour saw three security guards standing outside the house at 2am and watching the kids play with fireworks without doing anything and even accepting angbaos from the owners.

On the point about blasting fireworks at 2am+.. i think it is pretty acceptable to blast fireworks throughout the night for the 1st day of CNY :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone left this on my profile. wow, i guess now they have changed tactics and start to attack individual posters rather than post it up to the main board here. not the least bit offended though am extremely curious at what drove the poster to do this??

cheebye losers live in JB!! fuck u!!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although i have significant investments in JB (well... at least from my own total assets' perspective)... i don't wish to play down the crime rate in JB. It is indeed at worrying level. Imagine, Jusco carpark is within a parking barrier and patrolled by security, yet criminals can just drive your car away. I urge you guys not to fix any gadgets like camera etc in your car as it increases your chance of getting your windows smashed. The sure way to go is to drive a really old local car.

I have come to the conclusion the police have a stake in the loots. Imagine people who lose their car can actually pay some money to get it back! This is obviously the works of syndicates and not petty thieves. These syndicates would be prominent enough for police to know who they are, yet these incidences are increasing. Why are people going around with knives and fake guns, or creeping into your house 4 times in 2 years?? What does it say about their respect towards the police? ZERO.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone left this on my profile. wow, i guess now they have changed tactics and start to attack individual posters rather than post it up to the main board here. not the least bit offended though am extremely curious at what drove the poster to do this??

Can request Sam Leong to disclose his identity

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
or i will re-phase my question...

Would you pay 30% more to get a weekend home in HH as compared to NI? Assuming it is the same build-up.... so 30% premium on HH x-factor.

Bro,..u mentioned that u have already booked a unit at NI and is currently having 2nd thoughts about it cos u worry that NI might not be the best taman around..lacking in x-factor?.

Bro let me give u my 2 cents of philosophical perspective:

I like to believe that a precint is only as good as the residents that live within it. i.e. the X-factor is created by motivated residents who are estate proud and partake in the upkeep and maintenance of the place. They will raise issues with management if they find something amiss in the estate and will not shy away from taking part in/organising activities for the residents as well as taking up roles in residents committees. When you have a group of such like-minded people in your estate, you can be rest assured that your estate will also have the X-factor. So i think instead of worrying whether a certain taman has x-factor or not, i think it might be better to ask yourself whether you have the x-factor.

Cheers.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
We hear horror stories about accidents at childcare centres and mishaps with nannies and we can only hope (and pray) that our babies will be spared from harm. Two baby boys died a tragic death at a childcare centre…
Two baby boys, one 3-months-old and the other 7-months-old, met their end at a childcare centre in Malaysia right before the Chinese New Year festivities. They died at a centre located in Taman Permata in Ampang. Amiruddin Jamaluddin, Ampang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm revealed that the two babies passed on just 10 minutes apart from each other.

The two babies Muzaffar Mohd Faizal and Hariz were given milk at about 1pm and shortly after, both started to have breathing difficulties. They were rushed to a nearby clinic but tragically the doctor could not save either of them.

My wife received a call…

The 32-year-old father of Muzaffar was in Kedah when he received the dreaded call from his wife informing him of the death of their beloved son. Mohd Faizal Jaafar said: “My wife received a call from the clinic about 3pm asking her to go there. When she arrived, she was told our son had died.”

He added: “I will not hesitate to take legal action against the childcare centre if there was negligence.”

Baby Hariz only started going to attend this centre two weeks prior this tragedy and Muzaffar joined the centre a month ago. The post-mortem reports are still not out yet, so action will or will not be taken depending on the results.

How parents really feel about leaving their kids at childcare centres

It’s not like there is an option. If only there is an abundance of money growing on trees, then mummies could say that they want to take a leave of absence from work to care for their babies 24/7. Let’s face it, like it or not—some of our kids are going to go to some form of childcare provider.

Anne, 36, sends her daughter to childcare centre as she has to work. She shares: “Sending my child to daycare is an everyday anguish for me. Even though the caregivers appear professional and follow all the regulations, I would not know how well they will treat my daughter the minute I drive away. All I can do is say a prayer and ask her guardian angel to watch over her. It’s the dilemma of working parents.”

Kanmani, 30, has this to share: “As a working parent with a young child, I would weigh my options very carefully. If sending my child to a childcare centre is the option that seems the best, then I will do my due diligence about the centre itself. Of course, I think I would rather my baby be brought up by my parents or an aunt especially in the first year because it is at this point that they are most vulnerable to their surroundings.”

Choking to death is not uncommon

Childcare providers and mothers alike should be extra vigilant during and after feeding because death due to choking is not unusual. There have been more than a few cases of such deaths.

In 2010, baby Nur Farisha choked on milk and died when her craegiver went into the kitchen and left her unattended for a bit. She turned blue and wasn’t moving anymore. Even though she was rushed to the clinic, it was too late to save her. Also in Putrajaya, another nine-month-old baby girl by the name of Nur Amira Mohd died after choking to death.

There are proper feeding procedures that need to be adhered to—don’t forget the burping after feeding. Check out some feeding tips by theAsianparent below:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the Star newspaper today:

JOHOR BARU: Property developers in Johor must be prepared to face tougher times this year and next if the eurozone debt crisis prolongs and the United States continues to experience economic slowdown.

Johor Real Estate and Housing Developers Association (Rehda) branch chairman Simon Heng expected 2012 property outlook to be not as good as 2011.

“Hopefully, our members are ready to brace the hard times and should carefully plan their launches to avoid a property overhang,” he told StarBiz.

Heng said the sign was already there with developers chalking lower sales in the Malaysia Property Expo (Mapex) held in November last year.

Developers who took part in the four-day event raked in about RM256mil in sales over a month-period lower from RM384mil in Mapex in May 2011 and RM331mil in November 2010.

Heng pointed out that the 30-day period starting from the first day of Mapex was the benchmark used by Rehda to determine the value of sales by participating developers.

He said the last five to six years were considered good for most Johor property developers as they were able to keep the number of unsold properties to a minimal.

Heng said local developers had learnt their lesson well from the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis as they were caught unaware resulting in many abandoned projects and unsold properties.

He advised developers not to be overly ambitious and more realistic when launching a project this year and their focus should be more on products that could sell in view of the unfavourable property market.

“Go for affordable residential properties as demand for them is good especially in the Johor Baru district as there are many potential first time house owners out there,” said Heng.

He said first time house buyers normally went for houses priced within their budget and with no-frills designs as what was important was to have a roof over their heads.

Heng said areas like Gelang Patah, Kempas, Kulaijaya, Mount Austin, Nusajaya, Senai and Tebrau would be the property hot spots and many projects were expected to be launched this year and 2013.

“For instance, land in Tebrau has been sold for RM4 per sq ft on average the last few years but now the asking price is RM20 per sq ft or even higher,” he said.

Heng said the completion of the New Coastal Highway, Eastern Dispersal Link Expressway and Southern Link this year would improve accessibility and connectivity within Iskandar Malaysia.

Leisure Farm Corp Sdn Bhd senior project manager Siew Fook Wah said that he always believed there would be a silver lining despite uncertainties in the property market.

He said the ruling introduced by Singapore last December to foreigners buying private residential properties in the republic was likely to benefit property developers in Iskandar Malaysia.

Foreigners have to pay an additional 10% stamp duty when buying a private home there; effectively raising the purchase price by 10%.

The move is seen to cool the private residential prices in the island state which are on the uptrend despite a slowing economy.

Siew said Johor's close proximity with the republic was an added advantage and prices of private properties here were lower than those in Singapore and to some extend in places like Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

“Iskandar Malaysia will continue to drive the growth of the property market in Johor in many years to come with demand for high-end properties likely to remain good,” he said.

Siew said that with Iskandar Malaysia progressing well since its inception on Nov 4, 2006, these buyers (foreigners and Singaporeans) were most probably looking at Johor Baru.

A subsidiary of Mulpha International Bhd, Leisure Farm is developing the RM2.1bil Leisure Farm Resort on 714.27ha in Gelang Patah. The residential and gated resort development project offers 11 architectural design themes.

The villas are built on lots of 3,000 to 18,000 sq ft and priced from RM2mil and above. The scheme is now home to international communities from 35 countries.

SP Setia Bhd executive vice-president (property division) Datuk Chang Khim Wah said the company was still upbeat on the Johor property market as demand for properties had gone up steadily in the last few years.

“Take up rate for our properties in South Johor has been good over the years as we don't only cater for locals but also Singaporeans,” he said.

Chang concurred with Siew that Iskandar Malaysia was one of the strong factors that would help to mitigate the slow growth in the Johor's property market this year and next if there was one.

He said Singapore would play a significant role in the development of Iskandar Malaysia as when people talked about Iskandar Malaysia, they would look at the bigger picture and include Singapore as well.

He said compared with other economic-growth corridors in the country, Iskandar Malaysia had the competitive edge due to its close proximity with Singapore.

“Investors, especially foreigners, will be attracted to invest in Iskandar Malaysia as they have the best of both worlds Johor and Singapore,” said Chang.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So disappointed to hear this right in Jusco Bukit Indah. What a waste for a beautiful country with so much culture and resources.

Should pay the police more until they feel proud and interested to do a good job. Don't have to pay so much until they want more.. like this 2 fellows:::

http://www.todayonline.com/Hotnews/...nduct-against-SCDF-commissioner,-CNB-director

Although i have significant investments in JB (well... at least from my own total assets' perspective)... i don't wish to play down the crime rate in JB. It is indeed at worrying level. Imagine, Jusco carpark is within a parking barrier and patrolled by security, yet criminals can just drive your car away. I urge you guys not to fix any gadgets like camera etc in your car as it increases your chance of getting your windows smashed. The sure way to go is to drive a really old local car.

I have come to the conclusion the police have a stake in the loots. Imagine people who lose their car can actually pay some money to get it back! This is obviously the works of syndicates and not petty thieves. These syndicates would be prominent enough for police to know who they are, yet these incidences are increasing. Why are people going around with knives and fake guns, or creeping into your house 4 times in 2 years?? What does it say about their respect towards the police? ZERO.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Birds of the same feather flocks together! It is very true whether you have the X factor to begin with. Buying a house for your own use is very different from buying for investment. You must feel it is absolutely worthy to do so, whether it is the X factor, $$ or location. Why bother with HH if you didnt feel it is worthwhile spending the money. As you have mentioned it very clearly, 30% premium!! Comparing those who value HH, their language could be very different - I could get the X factor for only RM 650k...... No one is right or wrong. More importantly is to involve the other half (if you are married).

Bro,..u mentioned that u have already booked a unit at NI and is currently having 2nd thoughts about it cos u worry that NI might not be the best taman around..lacking in x-factor?.

Bro let me give u my 2 cents of philosophical perspective:

I like to believe that a precint is only as good as the residents that live within it. i.e. the X-factor is created by motivated residents who are estate proud and partake in the upkeep and maintenance of the place. They will raise issues with management if they find something amiss in the estate and will not shy away from taking part in/organising activities for the residents as well as taking up roles in residents committees. When you have a group of such like-minded people in your estate, you can be rest assured that your estate will also have the X-factor. So i think instead of worrying whether a certain taman has x-factor or not, i think it might be better to ask yourself whether you have the x-factor.

Cheers.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH can never fail. It is one of UEM/NusaJaya flagship show case. If HH fails to do well, one can forget all about other development in Nusajaya.
That is also the reasons why it should command a premium. If UEM/Garmuda are too proud of initial success and not keeping up with its good work, well.. Got to find another country to retire.

Birds of the same feather flocks together! It is very true whether you have the X factor to begin with. Buying a house for your own use is very different from buying for investment. You must feel it is absolutely worthy to do so, whether it is the X factor, $$ or location. Why bother with HH if you didnt feel it is worthwhile spending the money. As you have mentioned it very clearly, 30% premium!! Comparing those who value HH, their language could be very different - I could get the X factor for only RM 650k...... No one is right or wrong. More importantly is to involve the other half (if you are married).

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are given a choice between:
- Nusa Idaman unit at RM500k VS Horizon Hills unit at RM650k (assuming same build-up)
Assuming you are using it as weekend home with family (wife + kids) and will probably visit only 2-3 times in a month. So which will you choose?

Strictly from a value proposition and personal opinion only, I would consider HH as a buy.
All other projects has its own attractions and supporters, each buying based on their own reasons - but for me, HH represents real longterm value due to its strategic location and good living concept, which is not so easily duplicable.

*** I should add though, that HH is increasingly getting too expensive for comfort and at current prices, I feel that one may well get stuck for a fair number of years, if it is meant for investment and rental purposes.

For those who had bought early, it would had been a good investment... quite a number of foreign investors who bought in early, have already exited with tidy profits in the past 1 year or so.
For those contemplating to enter now, however, caveat emptor... it is not a good sign when locals from KL and Penang start to gasp on hearing the prices in JB.
For own living, though, its not so much an issue as you literally have a lifetime to decide.

Good reasoning there. Everybody's idea and expectation of a weekend home is different, and what your's is will tell you whether you want to pay the premium.

1) JUSCO CAR THEFT. I have personally encountered Malay boys ( aged 15-20 ) loitering around the illegally parked cars outside Jusco last Friday night. Its about 9pm and I switched off my engine and was resting while waiting for my relatives to come to my car after their shopping. From my rear mirrior, I saw two chaps peeping into every single cars from up the slope till down. I glared at them when they passed and tried to peep into my heavily-tinted car. They spotted me and scamper off without looking at those cars parked infront of mine. Ever since I heard there are alot more smashing incidents. Monday I was at Jusco but dared not leave my car and my relatives went to shop. For two hours, I was reading New Straits times and saw security guards stationed nearby. Its obvious the number of car thefts in Jusco has reached worrying levels. I dare not even leave or park my car there for 1 hour even though I have built-in cameras.

3) I was with my tenants at HH on the 2nd day of CNY. Heard the grass cutters coming in drove around the gardens ( back part of the house ) busily cutting grass. I also heard that on the first day of CNY, they were "very busy" cutting the grass and sweeping all the leaves away at the FRONT part of the houses.. Very smart.. today clean one side to wait for ang bao. The next day clean the backyard.

And the funniest part was this. My tenant told me he dint see them for many months already and the leaves outside his house had to be cleared by HE HIMSELF for these months. When we visited the playground for kids, I saw empty plastic bottles lying around. I saw the same bottles lying around when I visited last weekend.

REgarding playing with fireworks, I have no complaint but my tenants and a few of his neighbours were woken up on the CNY first day ( right after even ) at 1am+ once and another at 2am +.. after loud roars and thunderous firework display. They were ok with 12am + firework to mark the first day of CNY. In fact everywhere in Malaysia 12am-1230am is the peak period to put up fireworks. 2am+ is seriously too much in a place like HH where there are many expats with kids who need proper sleep.

And to top it all, one neighbour saw three security guards standing outside the house at 2am and watching the kids play with fireworks without doing anything and even accepting angbaos from the owners.

Thanks for the warning on car-related crime. I think I really need to up my vigilance as well. And today on day 3 of CNY, grass cutters also busy at work on my visit there in the morning.

Can request Sam Leong to disclose his identity

Better to just ignore these people, the world is full of people who are angry and upset that people dare to try new things they don't dare, and get even more upset when they see anything resembling success that they must try to bring the person down to their own level even though their time is better served trying to get up. These trolls disappear when left alone.

Like getting upset about certain a Chinese professor laughing at the people of HK/SG. The more one responds with indignation, the more fuel they get to troll some more. And when they don't get the attention they crave, they disappear.

To be fair, Chinese professor is trying to sell a book, so he's actually doing very well to promote it. :smile:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the Star newspaper today:

JOHOR BARU: Property developers in Johor must be prepared to face tougher times this year and next if the eurozone debt crisis prolongs and the United States continues to experience economic slowdown.

Johor Real Estate and Housing Developers Association (Rehda) branch chairman Simon Heng expected 2012 property outlook to be not as good as 2011.

“Hopefully, our members are ready to brace the hard times and should carefully plan their launches to avoid a property overhang,” he told StarBiz.

Heng said the sign was already there with developers chalking lower sales in the Malaysia Property Expo (Mapex) held in November last year.

Developers who took part in the four-day event raked in about RM256mil in sales over a month-period lower from RM384mil in Mapex in May 2011 and RM331mil in November 2010.

Heng pointed out that the 30-day period starting from the first day of Mapex was the benchmark used by Rehda to determine the value of sales by participating developers.

He said the last five to six years were considered good for most Johor property developers as they were able to keep the number of unsold properties to a minimal.

Heng said local developers had learnt their lesson well from the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis as they were caught unaware resulting in many abandoned projects and unsold properties.

He advised developers not to be overly ambitious and more realistic when launching a project this year and their focus should be more on products that could sell in view of the unfavourable property market.

“Go for affordable residential properties as demand for them is good especially in the Johor Baru district as there are many potential first time house owners out there,” said Heng.

He said first time house buyers normally went for houses priced within their budget and with no-frills designs as what was important was to have a roof over their heads.

Heng said areas like Gelang Patah, Kempas, Kulaijaya, Mount Austin, Nusajaya, Senai and Tebrau would be the property hot spots and many projects were expected to be launched this year and 2013.

“For instance, land in Tebrau has been sold for RM4 per sq ft on average the last few years but now the asking price is RM20 per sq ft or even higher,” he said.

Heng said the completion of the New Coastal Highway, Eastern Dispersal Link Expressway and Southern Link this year would improve accessibility and connectivity within Iskandar Malaysia.

Leisure Farm Corp Sdn Bhd senior project manager Siew Fook Wah said that he always believed there would be a silver lining despite uncertainties in the property market.

He said the ruling introduced by Singapore last December to foreigners buying private residential properties in the republic was likely to benefit property developers in Iskandar Malaysia.

Foreigners have to pay an additional 10% stamp duty when buying a private home there; effectively raising the purchase price by 10%.

The move is seen to cool the private residential prices in the island state which are on the uptrend despite a slowing economy.

Siew said Johor's close proximity with the republic was an added advantage and prices of private properties here were lower than those in Singapore and to some extend in places like Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

“Iskandar Malaysia will continue to drive the growth of the property market in Johor in many years to come with demand for high-end properties likely to remain good,” he said.

Siew said that with Iskandar Malaysia progressing well since its inception on Nov 4, 2006, these buyers (foreigners and Singaporeans) were most probably looking at Johor Baru.

A subsidiary of Mulpha International Bhd, Leisure Farm is developing the RM2.1bil Leisure Farm Resort on 714.27ha in Gelang Patah. The residential and gated resort development project offers 11 architectural design themes.

The villas are built on lots of 3,000 to 18,000 sq ft and priced from RM2mil and above. The scheme is now home to international communities from 35 countries.

SP Setia Bhd executive vice-president (property division) Datuk Chang Khim Wah said the company was still upbeat on the Johor property market as demand for properties had gone up steadily in the last few years.

“Take up rate for our properties in South Johor has been good over the years as we don't only cater for locals but also Singaporeans,” he said.

Chang concurred with Siew that Iskandar Malaysia was one of the strong factors that would help to mitigate the slow growth in the Johor's property market this year and next if there was one.

He said Singapore would play a significant role in the development of Iskandar Malaysia as when people talked about Iskandar Malaysia, they would look at the bigger picture and include Singapore as well.

He said compared with other economic-growth corridors in the country, Iskandar Malaysia had the competitive edge due to its close proximity with Singapore.

“Investors, especially foreigners, will be attracted to invest in Iskandar Malaysia as they have the best of both worlds Johor and Singapore,” said Chang.

SP Setia Bhd executive vice-president (property division) Datuk Chang Khim Wah - “Take up rate for our properties in South Johor has been good over the years as we don't only cater for locals but also Singaporeans,” he said.

Leisure Farm Corp Sdn Bhd senior project manager Siew Fook Wah said - Siew said Johor's close proximity with the republic was an added advantage and prices of private properties here were lower than those in Singapore and to some extend in places like Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

Chairman said outlook 2012/13 generally not so rosy... but Developers obviously not in same mindset... so get ready for more and more expensive property launches by these big developers, aimed straight and squarely at the SINGAPORE DOLLARS ... like I said before, excessive GREED kills!

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi.

Looking to get a cluster detached house or semi-detached for the first time. What is the minimum cap for Singaporeans at the moment ? It used to be 250,000 Ringgit, but really I haven't been following the news.

Would appreciate your inputs.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Euphony, Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Just ignore the fella, he is just feeling envious and lousy right now. Forgive him, ppl with low self -esteem are like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.