• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's it. This is the game of the rich and smart - making money work for you instead of working for money! To many, it looks silly and poor. But who cares as long as it puts money into your pocket..

Yup! Tats what my friend did. Dont know whether shes fortunate or not cos shes single till now. So not much committment. She rented her 4-room flat to msian workers. Bought a unit "emerald" at Bt Indah. Like u say, she juz collect "rent" from her Msian tenants and still got 1/2 of the rent after paying the instalment of her Int unit at Bt Indah.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol, was about to point that out.Just to add on to the point that moving there is a choice based on more factors (especially the space factor) than simply whether one is rich enough to not have to go there to buy a GCB-equivalent, on my way in yesterday morning, there was a convoy of Singapore-registered Ferraris just waiting after the Tuas toll-gate, presumably for more friends (like myself maybe!) to show up before going to wherever the hell it is people with Ferraris go to in Johor.Can they drive a Ferrari in Singapore? Of course they can, but going to Johor offers more opportunities and options.
I think with the Ferraris around, the Bimmers won't attract too much wrong kind of attention.......

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's it. This is the game of the rich and smart - making money work for you instead of working for money! To many, it looks silly and poor. But who cares as long as it puts money into your pocket..
Bro Alleyboy, bro Nusajaya has hit the nail on the head. Welcome to Nusajaya, enjoy yourself and the SPACE :smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry bro. I still dont get the cue.

I mean why would a sillyporean who drove BMW would want to rent over at HH,LF or EL and travel all the way to work in Spore each day?:confused:

Are you talking about me? Just kidding.
Now... one possible reason is, the guy could blast his BMW past 200kmh every morning and enjoy the thrill of a BMW, plus he might be working in Tuas :smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah every other day I will see R8s, GTRs, Lambos or Maseratis blasting past the NS highway. Even saw a lambo blast past me towards the Shell station at 2nd link when I was returning to Spore alone at 4am one day last year.

For those who love driving, the feeling after crossing SG side immigration into MY is beyond words. Its like... sit tight, fasten your seat belt.. floor the accelerator and hear the engine growl... there is only the sea on your left and right. The thrill sort of make up for the slight occasional delay at the checkpoints. When you go to work in the morning, you could draw the top cover and let the sun through the sunroof... feel the freedom amidst the vast landscape with greeneries and blue sky engulfing you... ooh... beautiful mother earth.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all:

I recently read a few posts regarding concerns around an oversupply situation in Iskandar. I appreciate the concern. I am wondering if anyone tried to assess how many units per year are we talking about. My numbers may be way off, so please correct me. I am estimating around 2000 - 3000 units per year. And this is because I hear about 1-2 launches every quarter. This seems to be a small fraction of the supply expected in Singapore. As per URA website, here is what the supply pipeline of PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL UNITS ONLY (not including HDB) looks like:

2012: 12,043
2013: 12,812
2014: 19,812
2015: 25,593 (Wow!)

True, Singapore is a thriving metropolis and the demand is expected to be greater than that in Iskandar, but one has to remember that Singapore is matured and it already has a strong base of existing housing + there is HDB etc.

So, given the growth plans at Iskandar, I will appreciate if someone can enlighten me as to how there can be an oversupply of residential units.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IR,

I can't help but to agree with your comments. I am a complete optimist with IM so, I wont be much help here in enlightening you with the so called "oversupply" comment.

I guess, you will always find the opposite of me lurking around with the notion of overpriced, oversupply, overcrowded, over ambitious, over the cliff, over the moon..... over whatever they cant or didnt get over with.

Great stuff, mate!

Hi all:

I recently read a few posts regarding concerns around an oversupply situation in Iskandar. I appreciate the concern. I am wondering if anyone tried to assess how many units per year are we talking about. My numbers may be way off, so please correct me. I am estimating around 2000 - 3000 units per year. And this is because I hear about 1-2 launches every quarter. This seems to be a small fraction of the supply expected in Singapore. As per URA website, here is what the supply pipeline of PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL UNITS ONLY (not including HDB) looks like:

2012: 12,043
2013: 12,812
2014: 19,812
2015: 25,593 (Wow!)

True, Singapore is a thriving metropolis and the demand is expected to be greater than that in Iskandar, but one has to remember that Singapore is matured and it already has a strong base of existing housing + there is HDB etc.

So, given the growth plans at Iskandar, I will appreciate if someone can enlighten me as to how there can be an oversupply of residential units.

Last edited:

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks LGLab,

That gives a slight relief though still expensive than our SGP! May i ask you how big is the unit which you recently bought ( Land area and construction) ..
Btw, i had also sent you another pm about how u got to finacne your parents loan. Will appreciate if u can reply to my pm as well...

Hi Bro,

All interest rates are BLR - Discounted rate given by the banks.

I think you also have to calculate the amount of cost you saved when you uproot and move over to JB.
can those cover the interest rates (higher than SG) ?

If yes, it is worth to move?..

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal. We went to Jusco BI last Saturday and when I went by to get sushi around 8+ pm I noticed that the booth is gone already. So I suspect they have removed the station completely.

Hi guys

Have u been to jusco this few days ? Wondering the mobile station to do MACS still available ?

Thanks

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha,

I quoted people driving BMW could be rich just to say a point..

The price one paid for a BMW with 10 years life span in Singapore is equivalent to a freehold gated house in Nusajaya.
To the person driving BM might feel he is smart and have made it..
To the person use the money to buy a freehold property instead might think he is more clever..
Of course, you might have many guys with excess money to spend after getting a nice car, nice house in Singapore, why not buy another one overseas yet within driving distance..
Some buy luxury car to get close to the circle..but they might not be rich.. just looked rich..though doesn't mean they won't be rich later..

If I may suggest a couple of perpectives:

1) Not everyone that drives BMW is rich.

2) Not everyone who rents a house in HH or LF or EL and travel all the way to Spore is silly.

In fact, there are many salaried man that I know are driving BMWs. If only that makes us rich and smart, I guess, you and I, can also be rich plus smart tomorrow.

As to your question on why would anyone in the right frame of mind would want to go through all the hassles?? I am sure some of the Bros already offered you some possible answers and the answers are aplenty. Better use of funds, better quality of life, cheaper cost of living, etc.... really depending on what you value most in life in exchange for some thing else.

If you read some of the precious thread, you will find some of the Bros here did discussed how you could earn money while stay for free in JB. For example, you could be renting out your apartment unit in Spore and gettting a cheaper rent for a house in Iskandar. If your rental collection is higher than you are paying in Iskandar, you are practically "earning money while you live". Yes, you have to put up with the hassle of traveling. Dont we put up with the hassle of going to work everyday plus all the Bulls@*& too....

Hope you see the point.....

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks LGLab,

That gives a slight relief though still expensive than our SGP! May i ask you how big is the unit which you recently bought ( Land area and construction) ..
Btw, i had also sent you another pm about how u got to finacne your parents loan. Will appreciate if u can reply to my pm as well...

Hi Hitesh,
I think the ownership is under his mother's but the loan was taken out by him; can be done.

Last edited:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
But like u say...sillypore really overcrowded! Need space t breath....and cost of living keep going only 1 direction..UP!:*:

Hi Alleyboy, the place is Singapore, not sillypore; and the people from there are called Singaporeans not sillyporean, tsk tsk.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Alleyboy, the place is Singapore, not sillypore; and the people from there are called Singaporeans not sillyporean, tsk tsk.

Haha....dont take it seriously lah. I am also from Spore.

Like some ppl they called us Sinkies.

But i would not criticise or call other race/country names, imo.

Last edited:

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Odyssey, i would like to have more info about how he did this... i.e if the parent has the ownership and then if we take the loan on our name then will this not be considered as our own loan .. specifically for Singapore HDB ownership purposes.. and mostly i believe any parent of over 55+ may not be working and hence no income to show for loan so this will be alright?

Insights would be apprecaited!
Hi Hitesh,
I think the ownership is under his mother's but the loan was taken out by him; can be done.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really like to read all the cynical remarks about Iskandar -- somehow the more I read about them, the more chuffed to bits I am, and quietly confident IM won't do too badly.

Surely, 2012 has it's risks blah blah about the upcoming downturn, the seeming peak in SG property, the point about Penang/KL ppl commenting that Johor properties are getting expensive, etc.

I'm neither an analyst nor a professional in investing/property, but for someone in his 30s who just settled down and didn't get exposed to property at an earlier age, I think IM presents an opportunity of a lifetime for buyers like myself.

Gong Hei Fatt Choy!!!

Hi IR,

I can't help but to agree with your comments. I am a complete optimist with IM so, I wont be much help here in enlightening you with the so called "oversupply" comment.

I guess, you will always find the opposite of me lurking around with the notion of overpriced, oversupply, overcrowded, over ambitious, over the cliff, over the moon..... over whatever they cant or didnt get over with.

Great stuff, mate!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha. Maybe he refers to those who laugh at us which bought jb houses. so some deserves to be called silkyporean. Continue pay n pay to those high salary level ppl.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH can never fail. It is one of UEM/NusaJaya flagship show case. If HH fails to do well, one can forget all about other development in Nusajaya.
That is also the reasons why it should command a premium. If UEM/Garmuda are too proud of initial success and not keeping up with its good work, well.. Got to find another country to retire.

Funny though.

NI is under UEM flagship. Any yet theres no official website on NI.:*:

Hmm.....

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all Living in JB friends here - "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Good one you got...I got another too, which I frequently used to remind myself...:smile:

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
~Author unknown, attributed to Mark Twain

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha. Maybe he refers to those who laugh at us which bought jb houses. so some deserves to be called silkyporean. Continue pay n pay to those high salary level ppl.

I am fm tiny red dot. And frankly at times i really cant tahan the way my countryman behave.

No offense to any sporean here ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.