• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
My aged parents just called from spore, telling me to visit a distant relative in hospital. She was shot by robbers inside her own home in taman century. Robbers had wanted the car keys but she called the police n was fired at. Conditions stable.

Another man was slashed to death on late Friday night in tun aminah... In this mamas stall, another man was shot to death just eight mth ago.

Be careful when u r celebrating cny.

Wow lau , must wear bullet proof vest during visiting in JB !:mad:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh boy, like that property price sure drop..

My aged parents just called from spore, telling me to visit a distant relative in hospital. She was shot by robbers inside her own home in taman century. Robbers had wanted the car keys but she called the police n was fired at. Conditions stable.

Another man was slashed to death on late Friday night in tun aminah... In this mamas stall, another man was shot to death just eight mth ago.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
arsenal said:

We should put anecdotes to perspective by comparing crime levels in JB with previous years, and with other major cities around the world. Anyone care to do the research?

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about last year man?..agree there will be pockets of time where traffic is relatively light,...will need constant monitoring tho. for me, during CNY period prefer to stay in SG. So much free TV to watch!...courtesy of STARHUB!!..

cheers.
Recall its similar.. however nothing much to do since I do not have astro & shopping & makan places may be closed, so oni going over after CNY

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes a look at the skycam shows woodlands heading into JB packed like sardines. Tuas and outgoing to SG still looks fine though (for the time being).
I find the best time to head to SG and vice versa is starting from the hour before CNY 12 midnight. Smooth as abalone.

Or shd it be smooth as oyster...

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore patients will be allowed to use their Medisave to access healthcare services at Gleneagles Medini Hospital, Iskandar Malaysia.
Gleneagles Medini - a 300-bed and 150-suite private hospital across 15 acres of land in Medini.

Good news.. however wondering if H&S policies for Singapore insurrers will be applicable there as well

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha oyster indeed. wishing all a fabulous year ahead. smooth shifting in for those planning the move, fast and slick completion for those waiting for TOP and here' a toast to those who are already in the thick of action. (no toast icon...)

Or shd it be smooth as oyster...

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...over 5000 people bought the passes to Legoland with 80% of the passes bought by locals....who says Malaysians cannot afford the entrance fees....:biggrin:

cheers.

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is scary bro, so is it so common in Johor to have such shootings and murderous incidents? if this is the case then it scares me to a great extent to even think about buying a link house here....

36minit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia has to the potential to do very well economically in next 20 years. And I think the Johor area has the best prospects in Malaysia. From the investment point of view, probably the greater the GDP growth the more money will be made (other factors matter: urban planning, safety, good mass transit and education... but with strong GDP growth investments will likely be very profitable) by investors. But if Iskandar is successful there will also be new problems that need to be dealt with.

While I agree with your POV, I had my own reservation which some businesses also felt the same.

In my circle of business acquaintances, many shared that the current co-operation with MY Johor is plausible
because an 80 plus years old man is still running the show albeit with less media exposure.

Many, including me, share that thought that the real test will come after the passing of the old man.

Nobody knows if Malaysia will continue their cordial relationship with Sg after old man passing.

That is why not many businesses relocate to Malaysia as fast as it should be.

Only after the passing of the old man can we tell the real relationship between MY and SG.

36minit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow lau , must wear bullet proof vest during visiting in JB !:mad:

You actually have to wear bullet proof vest in some countries.

When my French colleague went to South Africa and Republic of Congo to promote our new earth mover,
he and the dealer has to put on bullet proof vest to meet client.

36minit

Alfrescian
Loyal

Instead of worrying about drop of property price, why not do something to give back to society
to help narrow the gap of rich and poor?

If everyone took step to help the less privileged and narrow the rich poor gap, there will be less crime
and your property price will rise.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! 2nd thread and is already 1125 post!

If only the name of each precinct fm individual developer come with individual thread, and with links. So much easier for everyone to browse thru. Example NI. Hard time looking for the link.

TS, is the NI project the one beside Bt Indah, Jusco?

Tks.

FYI NI is Nusa Idaman and is located along the stretch between Jusco Bukit Indah and Horizon Hills. Closer to Hills than Jusco Bukit Indah.

Status
Not open for further replies.