• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprising that the booth was open on Sat night ard 7:30pm.. some months back, it was closed on Sat morning when I tried to apply..
LL took leave on Friday with family to apply in Nov 11

For morning , they usually open from 1030 or 11am , maybe u are too early ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is based on Setia Eco Cascadia that I bought recently.
Each precinct is landed-strata on its own, so it has it's own DMC based on the strata-titled act.

The whole project has many precincts. And all the owners in every precinct has to sign another DMC.
This DMC is based on other regulations (not the same DMC as for the strata-titled).
I remember a clause about needing subsequent buyers to sign same DMC and that I need to pay a RM500 deposit.
I haven't got back all my legal documents so only based on memory.

Maybe, bros who bought resale can tell us whether it is possible for you not to sign DMC ?
I know most people especially from SG wants the security and would sign ,but is it possible not to sign ?

Not possible to not sign the DMC as HH and the lawyers will keep chasing you for it and eventually you will have to do it. Also, part of this also will affect some government documentation for taxes, etc. Back then one guy i bought a unit from refused to transfer the DMC and lawyers kept chasing me until someone later informed them that to not to sign and transfer would mean the seller would have issues next time buying new property. Now he became the one to chase me.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Grago, chill, he has some valid points but yes he didn't answer your questions.

Bro Aragorn,

Strata title will make it more enforceable but the pros and cons were discussed way back in the thread. Someone brought up he couldn't keep a dog in his strata titled property. Again, one might argue that for a few hundred bucks to go to a lawyer is a little bit unreasonable for late maintenance fees so most owners will just pay up and move on. With Strata title, it is definitely more enforceable but again enforcement takes time and effort for both types. Some of your points are valid but perharps your earlier post was a bit more skewed towards strata title. I will find out more from my lawyer neighbours when i am back but its also true that even though strata title do have legal provisions, the enforcement is always a challenge. One of my learned neighbours management team are having a really hard time as the errant guy is pulling all the stops to avoid paying and it has been almost a year but because he doesn't stay there, doesn't park his cars there, its a bit of a challenge.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strata title or non-strata title, I guess it is in everyone interest to keep the estate safe and clean. So far so good as everyone is paying and I have no doubts that 2nd hand buyers will continue to do so. The motivation / kampong sprit from the resident to make everybody co-operate is much better than the need to gov by state laws. I hope the kampong sprit does not errode away with more Singaporean coming in to the extend that everying small little thing will be gov by state laws. Becomes another fines country? I will be the first person to move away if that happens.

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest from Kuala Lumpur. Anwar is found not guilty of Sodomy.

Good or bad?

Bodes well for the opposition I must say now that Election is pretty near.

However, imagine if the BN got overthrown in the next election, what is gota happen to property prices? Will Iskandar carry on since Iskandar is the brainchild of the current and ex PM from UMNO. Will the cooperation between Spore and Malaysia continues? We all know by now Ah lee and Ah Jip have openly declared their love for each other. If the opposition alliance captures Putrajaya, Ah Lee will have to be Anwar's lover instead.

Personally I dont like UMNO, I dont like BN. But from an investment point of view, status quo remains the safest bet. If UMNO or BN gets overthrown in the next election, I will be very afraid of my investments in JB and KL.

In the short term, I too agree that status quo is better.

In the long term however, any decent opposition like DAP might have better guan xi with Singapore's PAP. They might be able to run the state as well as how they are doing it in Penang now, reducing budget deficit by 95%, increasing FDI.

I am in the believe that whatever BN is doing now could have been done the same or even better by other decent party long ago if they were in control. It is no brainer, but BN's DR M was against such ideas until recently Adullah and ah Jib took over.

Also Iskandar Malaysia is a national project, tabulated even within the National Economic Policy (NEP). It won't be easily detoured as the private sectors are also important drivers with committed investments and interest.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't worry too much if I have investments in KL because it is internationally known as the capital of Malaysia, no change of government would change its status.

For Johor, any opposition if able to takeover, I foresee will either continue what is been planned or improve things further.

After all people vote for change that has not happened since Malaysia was independent. So given confidence from the people, I would expect them to change in favor of the state.

But then again, DAP already said they will be contesting 30% seats in Johor, very likely BN will continue to take Johor as this is now their fixed deposit, a stronghold base, they have also channeled more federal money here than in the past, people are generally expecting Johor to improve with the improved relationship with SG. So they do not want to see changes in the short term.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the opposition were to topple BN, which is seemingly difficult unless parties like MIC, MCA, Gerakan and some component parties in East Malaysia of Sarawak and Sabah cross over, I believe a merger of Singapore into the federation may be part of the picture.

I certainly do not hope so neither would I think that will happen in the next decade. More unlikely than yes would happen. I don't think Sinkies will take that positively even if Malaysia is more developed because there is political, economic, cultural, religious and historical differences and it is just not so easy, even if it is 2 systems 1 country. It will probably not happen in my life time. But who knows, maybe it is possible when people's mindset change generations later. haha.

In the current climate, if it happens, investors will be the first to leave, Singapore will lose it's competitive edge, Malaysia will also not benefit from a declining Singapore economy. A lose lose situation!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night had my 1st experience of power outage in SEG..
started at 9 plus pm, quite some commotion & pple driving out to check out with guard post..
Moonlight was the only source of ambient lighting.. reminds me of field camps in NS..

opened the windows since aircon & fans not functional.. fortunately it will quite cooling with the breeze & no attack from the mosqitoes..
wifey woke me up at 11 when power is restored.. closed the windows & resume the aircons..

Lessons learnt: Spare torch lights & candles would be helpful.. (used the torchlight app from wifey Iphone & my sgs2)

In my 3 years stay at NI... minor power outage happens about 3 or 4 times a year... major power outage (like the whole NI blacked-out) happens about 3 times... good to have some alternative source of light handy

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the opposition were to topple BN, which is seemingly difficult unless parties like MIC, MCA, Gerakan and some component parties in East Malaysia of Sarawak and Sabah cross over, I believe a merger of Singapore into the federation may be part of the picture.

Impossible. Singapore will never merge back to Malaysia. Good horse does not turn back to eat grass.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol... They will have to enact the "Ah Long" Act. But come to think of it... It may be legal. I read from the Strata Title Act that the DMC can "immobilize" movable properties. Since the gate can swing open and close, in theory it means they can use a chain and immobilize it right? :smile: Any lawyers here?

I'm not a lawyer but gate is definitely not movable property

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha, if not crowded, we are worried about the concept of whole Nusajaya. Yes, we are seeking a place with more air and space. Hopefully it will not be as crowded as Singapore..

If we are looking for a less crowded place, there are cheaper places like Pontien, batu bahak, Kulang, Kota tinggi, desaru...
I am glad that Jusco is crowded and it is not too far from my place... I am also happy about the putri harbour, fishing ponds, hills and waterfalls etc nearby..

Hi Arsenal
Are you already residing at JB? I personally find the Jusco Bkt Indah's massive crowd intolerable... ghosh
JB have enough space for another Jusco or whatever... but it seems like master developer controls this... hence we are getting a Mydin instead of Jusco

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im chill....... Enjoying my Rooibos Tea....... Although you have not answered my question, you have instead cast MORE doubts in the readers mind by your retort, making investing in Johore/ Iskandar MORE Questionable by those who are seeking CORRECT information to make a informed decision. A contactual agreement with attached clauses is BINDING when one signs a document with those clauses attached. One cannot ignore a/clause/s that may not be to one's liking after the fact. All contracts can be challenged, however once you sign a contract with clauses attached you are legally bound. Any qualified lawyer with inform you that is the case. You are however FREE to ask your lawyer friends about this. I think one has "shot oneself in the foot" by giving an UNSUPPORTED opinion. Good luck to you!!!!!!

Hi Grago

Much as i would like to see DMC enforced... i get the feeling no one wish to take the lead. I signed DMC for both properties i bought at EL, and i am extremely pissed that people are still doing what they like with their properties. I have seen 2 cases of distasteful modification in Phase I which is definitely against what is listed in the DMC. And yet neither the developer nor owners are going after the guilty parties. I bought the later phases, i am thinking if my neighbour does a freaky twist to his house, will i go after him?? At NI i saw a case where a neighbour extended his house to the extent of blocking the neighbour's views... and yet the structure is still there.

In that spirit i think strata-titled has more bite. But in return, you lose some freedom. A perfect example is Bayou Water Village, i wanted to but the property 3 years back, but have to do jam brake when i discovered there are some rules forbidding keeping dogs. Strata-titled properties are run by management councils like in SG condos... in most cases these are extremely self-centred retired old folks who join the council to pursue their whims and fancies... such as not allowing this, not allowing that... ideally not allowing anything at all so that the bunch of old folks can die in peace... sigh

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bingo..i will be more worried if i dont see the crowd like at Bestari's Giant. Fewer customers and tenants slowly closing shop also. But Giant being Giant can bleed here and there but overall as a group still can survive...so i dont think will close shop anytime soon. I rem some bro reported that Mydin is setting up a huge hypermart at Mutiara side...which again is not too far from BI. So we have Tesco, Giant, Carrefour, Mydin and Jusco all very close to each other....uniquely JB.

Seriously, no offence to Jusco fans, besides some of the makan places, i dont see whats the big deal here. In fact most of my purchases made at Tesco and Giant which are both half empty most of the time.

Interestingly I will never forget some years back when i visited "Best World" shopping complex. The crowd was ok. The very next week i went there, it was completely closed! No warning, no nothing. After I dont know how long, it has since been revived as "Danga city Mall"....haha.

Nowadays you seldom see this kinds of sudden closure happening in JB anymore.

For some reasons... Tesco and Giant seems to have much lesser crowd. I have been to Tesco once and the feeling is very old styled Malaysian shopping mall and slightly dim lightings... i agree Jusco is no big deal but somehow i am more comfortable shopping at Jusco... but no longer with the massive crowd

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compared with Parkway, Katong112, Tampines Mall etc, ok lah.. Got to admit I don't visit Justo on weekends..

Hi Arsenal
Are you already residing at JB? I personally find the Jusco Bkt Indah's massive crowd intolerable... ghosh
JB have enough space for another Jusco or whatever... but it seems like master developer controls this... hence we are getting a Mydin instead of Jusco

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing you said here is contrary to what I've written except that you might want to verify whether every precinct is private. As far as I know, most precincts are individual titled. In other words, roads within precincts that are individual lots are also public.

I believe roads within a precinct (non-strata titled) is public. However, i am not sure if a member of public insist on entering the development.. what is the legal position?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compared with Parkway, Katong112, Tampines Mall etc, ok lah.. Got to admit I don't visit Justo on weekends..

Parking at "Park"way is a pain... but it has been my regular hangout since 1985 and just couldn't kick the habit. I normally park at open car park some distance away and walk... afterall the time wasted circling in Parkway comes up about the same. Ghosh i hardly go to Tampines Mall or Century Square.. scary place.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the acquaintance that I know in Singapore who stay in his landed house, build up his houses so much until he blocked his neighbour view, winds and even "eat" into his neighbour gardens and space.. Police can't do anything on him. Sad to know such people in Singapore..but sure such people exist everywhere.. With strata-titled, at least one has some reason to prevent people from doing so..

Hi Grago

Much as i would like to see DMC enforced... i get the feeling no one wish to take the lead. I signed DMC for both properties i bought at EL, and i am extremely pissed that people are still doing what they like with their properties. I have seen 2 cases of distasteful modification in Phase I which is definitely against what is listed in the DMC. And yet neither the developer nor owners are going after the guilty parties. I bought the later phases, i am thinking if my neighbour does a freaky twist to his house, will i go after him?? At NI i saw a case where a neighbour extended his house to the extent of blocking the neighbour's views... and yet the structure is still there.

In that spirit i think strata-titled has more bite. But in return, you lose some freedom. A perfect example is Bayou Water Village, i wanted to but the property 3 years back, but have to do jam brake when i discovered there are some rules forbidding keeping dogs. Strata-titled properties are run by management councils like in SG condos... in most cases these are extremely self-centred retired old folks who join the council to pursue their whims and fancies... such as not allowing this, not allowing that... ideally not allowing anything at all so that the bunch of old folks can die in peace... sigh

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parking at "Park"way is a pain... but it has been my regular hangout since 1985 and just couldn't kick the habit. I normally park at open car park some distance away and walk... afterall the time wasted circling in Parkway comes up about the same. Ghosh i hardly go to Tampines Mall or Century Square.. scary place.

At BI Justco, one can still park at the road side.. So one can quickly do his grocery shopping and hop into his car and go... We can't do that in Singapore..

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro..dont go la....some bros complained v crowded liao!..can i recommned Jusco tebrau instead..haha...just kidding.

There are many versions of this in this forum, the following is Bro Yonglip's 3 minutes version...haha.

when come out from Msia CIQ - there are immediately 3 lanes - left, centre and right...take the centre which is the lane you will take if going to holiday plaza. instead of filtering left after petrol station, keep right all the way and go up the bridge. filter left out after that and turn right. You will see danga city mall on the right. just go straight. you will bypass courts, burger king along the way,..continue straight until u see the road sign that says Nusajaya..filter left out...you will see tune hotel on your left. go straight, up and down the bridge,..you will pass houses both on left and right...then you will see bukit indah exit, filter left and turn right. you should see a tall condo in the near distance,...continue straight. You will see Nusa Duta on the right and Tesco further ahead. turn left via small lane into tesco, go straight and turn right,...u will see McDonalds on the left and Jusco on the right....

this one is sis crystal teach me one. if got gps, just set it to tune hotel.. then u will see the nusajaya sign liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.