• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very hard la... I had "withdrawal syndrome" after not speaking for a day ... That was a torture Lo ...

We all know how much bro wuqi loves his wife and family, and not forgetting his original intention to move here. All for the better for the family and a future with clear visibility.

However, I borrowed your words to up your score/market value la, u don't be overly humble leh :wink:

aiyo , u leave me alone hor ....
anyway this is living in JB thread la not match making thread.
hahahaha
I already declared i am BUTCH liao and i look forward to meet Bro Wuqi one day.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Match making isn't my cup of tea and I'm not the professional in this field. I'm only speaking and helping to raise awareness of the hidden "flower" here, so that this flower can have a better family life LIVING IN JB and happily ever after :wink: I haven't deviated from the thread :biggrin: ... Ok, promotion stops here or else I gotta charge u more chicken eggs as my commission lol :p

aiyo , u leave me alone hor ....
anyway this is living in JB thread la not match making thread.
hahahaha
I already declared i am BUTCH liao and i look forward to meet Bro Wuqi one day.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some questions about home loans. Wonder if anyone here also got this, from UOB and HSBC?
UOB said they charge a RM 500 Foreigner setup fee, and RM 70 yearly Postage Fee.
HSBC charges RM 10 per month to maintain the account, but no setup fee.
I'm considering between these two banks.

I'm just kind of pissed cos I don't remember paying all these things when I first bought Ujana.
Also concerned about legal fees for the loan. How much is it? Does it depend on the loan amount?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some questions about home loans. Wonder if anyone here also got this, from UOB and HSBC?
UOB said they charge a RM 500 Foreigner setup fee, and RM 70 yearly Postage Fee.

I'm just kind of pissed cos I don't remember paying all these things when I first bought Ujana.
Also concerned about legal fees for the loan. How much is it? Does it depend on the loan amount?

For my case , no legal fees for loans as developer absorbed all .
Ya lor , when i finalised loan with UOB then they told me RM500 set up fees !!!! but no choice , its e only bank which loan me 90%. And ya , the stupid postages fees!!!! and after getting my biz , i emailed my sales with other qns , neevr hear from HIM liao . they are really poor in after sales service. will not recommend all this banks to other ppl , one time biz nia!
As for HSBC , keep asking me a lot of documents like credit reports etc .... I shoo them away since they not interested to earn money from me !!!
I think HSBC is offering u flexi loan , then u calculate every mth $10 and e yrs of loan u take , how much have u pay liao ?

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
U asked about legal fee

Lawyer fee for Loan Facility Agreement (calculated based on mortgaged amount):
First RM150k = 1% (or minimum RM300, whichever higher)
Subsequent up to RM1 million = 0.7%
Subsequent up to RM3 million = 0.6%
Subsequent up to RM5 million = 0.5%
Subsequent up to RM7.5 million = 0.4%
Above RM7.5 million = negotiable

Pls note that stamp duty of 0.5% is payable on the loan facility too

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teck

U want to buy another house for investment ah ? NI is more for own stay ....

If more and more Singaporean community come in to NI and say "good for own stay", eventually it will be a neighborhood that people sought after, it will indirectly turn out to be quite a decent investment as well...

So let's pray for the better...

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, they can disable owners access card for access so that even if owner rent it out and don't pay maintenance, their leasees will have trouble coming in, hence this forces errant owners to comply.

Hi, just my personal experience, this happened in KL G&G with non-strata, nothing we can do if some owner do not want to pay, the owner has to lift up the barrier himself to in/out from the area, most of the owner hate him but nothing they can do as the land is still state land and he own the small individual land in that area. This is a grey area even the DMC stated clearly but not ready law enforcement.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I have the following Banks that approved my property's loan:-

1. UOB - 80% Loan Margin - BLR-2.3%
2. Standard Chartered - Unknown
3. Public Bank : Unknown
3. HSBC bank : 80% Loan Margin - BLR -2.45% and might even go higher.
4. OCBC : Unknown
5. Alliance Bank : 85% Loan Margin, BLR - 2.4%

Ok, now which bank should i go for?..

Can any guru advise?

Thank you.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, relax man.

Just because someone signs something doesn't mean it is enforceable in the court of law. Has the DMC been challenged for a precedent in case law? Just google for similar court cases involving the the strata titles act and you know what I mean. Only statutes enacted in the Acts can stand firm when contested. Signed agreements are fallible, especially when it involves accessing one's private property. Do check with your lawyer friends to know more :smile:

Hi, I agreed with Lord Aragorn, this is the facts and i have the experience with my relative house in KL G&G. The reason of G&G approved is because of the crime rate and the authority allow G&G in non-strata land. In the end is still depends on the committee.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do think you need to ask yourself what you want in your financial loan plan. I made the same mistake of not asking and assumed that all home loans are the same. It's only recently that we found out that our friend (whom bought another unit during the same time as us and using their local bank) has already started servicing his installment in 2011 whilst we are still being charged for monthly interest until TOP (end 2012)? Honestly, if I hadn't been so careless, I would have opted for early servicing of installment so that we can settle our loans 2 years earlier. More importantly, I pay 2 more years of interests! *heartache* This deferred installment scheme wasn't something I expected. So, do check with your bankers carefully after sizing your needs.

I got this from the other thread..

may i know what he means by these?

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
DreamOrAction, you're well learned. I'm encouraged that there are high calibre people here. Otherwise, I won't bother to even continue arguing it here.

I read through previous posts and knew there were such problems with strata vs non strata that weren't debated. I didn't say anything because I anticipated possible hostile reactions.

I hope that forummers don't become emotional but just keep an open and learning mind. That's the spirit of this thread isn't it?

For those who are still in doubt, there is a reason why Singapore landed properties with common facilities are strata typed. Laws are laws. In Malaysia, there are strata landed developments as well - so it is not right to say that these posts undermine all investments in JB. And in no way am I suggesting that non strata is not good investments - far from it. Like DreamOrAction observed, there are loopholes that one must be aware when they invest.

Well said, is just different thinking for a Singaporean & Malaysian, both strata and non-strata have its pro & con, malaysian prefer non-strata cos they own the property and the land, they can do whatever they want to their property/land. For a strata title landed property, they have to share the land which Malaysian don't really like sharing the land, unless it is a apartment or condo where they have no choice.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
OCBC told me they can only loan foreigners up to 20 years! They can go and fly kite lah...siao

UOB said they can loan me BLR - 2.4% leh, how come yours only 2.3%?

HSBC the irritating thing is their RM10 maintainance fee PER MONTH!!!

Hi All,

I have the following Banks that approved my property's loan:-

1. UOB - 80% Loan Margin - BLR-2.3%
2. Standard Chartered - Unknown
3. Public Bank : Unknown
3. HSBC bank : 80% Loan Margin - BLR -2.45% and might even go higher.
4. OCBC : Unknown
5. Alliance Bank : 85% Loan Margin, BLR - 2.4%

Ok, now which bank should i go for?..

Can any guru advise?

Thank you.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
OCBC told me they can only loan foreigners up to 20 years! They can go and fly kite lah...siao

UOB said they can loan me BLR - 2.4% leh, how come yours only 2.3%?

HSBC the irritating thing is their RM10 maintainance fee PER MONTH!!!

all banks are charing RM10 for maintaining a flexi loan account leh..
not only HSBC now..

start up for the account is 200 RM..

can anyone taking loan from bank confirm this?

Thanks.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seen D'Rich at Nusa Duta...

I am amazed there are people who actually bought without even seeing the showrooms, purely on paper.

I still stick to my oft used remark "Buy house in JB maciam go market buy fish like that!"

PSF lower than skyloft...with a reason...its located quite deep within ND...has to travel more than 1km from the ND entrance just to reach it...may not be suitable for non-driving bros.

Cheers.

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only HSBC now..

Thanks.

yupe this is standard fee for opening a flexi loan account

Kenken

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only HSBC now..

Thanks.

HSBC do not have the 200RM setup fee

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only HSBC now..

Thanks.

Bro..what is RM10 compared to the interest u will be saving with such interest offset accounts...must let people earn something ma...haha.

cheers.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only HSBC now..

Thanks.

That is same case for me if taking flex loan from Public Bank.
Good thing about flex loan is that I can just dump one big amount into the current account for the installments to be deducted monthly. At same time, the money is earning interest in a way because my loan balance would be offset by the amount i have in the account. I would not want to remit money every month which would also incur cost every transaction.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe roads within a precinct (non-strata titled) is public. However, i am not sure if a member of public insist on entering the development.. what is the legal position?

Hi, road within a precinct in non-strata is public, you will have to please the state authority to fix it if it is damage, thats the arguement between private or public, you will be glad that it is public in the future, most of the road is build by the developer and hang over to the state authority later.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the acquaintance that I know in Singapore who stay in his landed house, build up his houses so much until he blocked his neighbour view, winds and even "eat" into his neighbour gardens and space.. Police can't do anything on him. Sad to know such people in Singapore..but sure such people exist everywhere.. With strata-titled, at least one has some reason to prevent people from doing so..

Hi, in Malaysia you can build/renovate whatever you want to your building as long as it is approved by state authority, nothing the developer or your neighbour can do, you can also build/renovate your building wihout approval, the big thing is fined which it is common in Malaysia, rich malaysian don't really care as you can see some of the house with big renovation, look at Nusa Duta now, it is not suppose to do any renovation from my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.