• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha this is what I wrote to [email protected] on their request for feedback to make better use of Singapore's land......hehe

Suggestion: Reduce the no. of golf courses and make more use of JB's golf courses. Improve transport links with JB via 3rd or 4th link, and build more MRTs to link to JB. This ensures a sizeable no of malaysians can live in JB and work in SG (ie New Jersey and New York), and improve Singapore's liveability. Labour intensive industries can be shifted across the causeway to optimise land usage, but again, this needs to be supported by good transport linkages.

Not sure if goverment will accept about this while you can free up some land in SG for other use, but at the same time you are also shipping out $$ to JB.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only wish for two things;

1) No more teacher setting up camera in the toilet
2) No more hanky panky with students

I wish school to impart human values such as moral, respect for elders and emphasize more on character building .. I wish the teachers will not outsource the standard education to the parents assuming everyone is rich enough to have tutors.. I wish the teachers are like what we have in the older times.. Those that really love teaching and make a difference.. I wish all those who want to strike rich in teaching better in joining grassroots or pap instead..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha , last time i thought maybe have sons are better than daughters as they wont be taken advantage , but now sons or daughters also the same !
whats wrong with the teachers nowadays ? too stress ah , vent it on students ???

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not only the teacher. The moral value of the country seems to be deterioating as a whole. Look at the teenage hooker case where many people of society status are implicated. Look at the sex-for-favor cases. More women are visiting clubs with male hostesses. Even spritual leaders are falling too.

haha , last time i thought maybe have sons are better than daughters as they wont be taken advantage , but now sons or daughters also the same !
whats wrong with the teachers nowadays ? too stress ah , vent it on students ???

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if goverment will accept about this while you can free up some land in SG for other use, but at the same time you are also shipping out $$ to JB.

Haha without revealing too much, actually I believe this plan has already been adopted by the govt liao. Govt's safeguard is to maximise JB crime news.This safeguard strategy is quite successful thus far, considering the meagre no of sinkies actually living in JB now.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha without revealing too much, actually I believe this plan has already been adopted by the govt liao. Govt's safeguard is to maximise JB crime news.This safeguard strategy is quite successful thus far, considering the meagre no of sinkies actually living in JB now.

But we are bursting at our seams. The quest for space cannot be quenched. Basically, JB must sell 300% more space but at the price of 30% more crime?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wished it is my profession. I really envy those photographers from National Geographic. They get paid to travel and take exotic pictures.

Yes, definitely a dream job. Appreciating the works of nature and sharing it with others through your eyes. Better than worrying about P&L in the job. :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
But we are bursting at our seams. The quest for space cannot be quenched. Basically, JB must sell 300% more space but at the price of 30% more crime?

Minimize the useless golf courses, relocate the labour intensive industries to JB, and build 30-40 storeys high HDB flats. Build up the MRT links, do more land reclamations at the southern end. I think some of those plans are on our 'servants' minds.

Question is what is the planning parameter? 6.5m, 7m, 8m or 10m? I believe our 'servants' with the benefit of GE 2011, should plan for 8m but prepare to bring up the population to 6.5m. The worst thing to happen is to plan for 6.5m but bring in 8m, like what has happened in the last 10 years.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimize the useless golf courses, relocate the labour intensive industries to JB, and build 30-40 storeys high HDB flats. Build up the MRT links, do more land reclamations at the southern end. I think some of those plans are on our 'servants' minds.

Question is what is the planning parameter? 6.5m, 7m, 8m or 10m? I believe our 'servants' with the benefit of GE 2011, should plan for 8m but prepare to bring up the population to 6.5m. The worst thing to happen is to plan for 6.5m but bring in 8m, like what has happened in the last 10 years.

Lack of investment in infrastructure (esp transport, housing) brought us current problems.
we should
- Increase train frequency, train lines
- Increase taxi quota
- Make private car like HDB (1 family one), anymore need to buy from free market using current COE system.
- promote use of bicycle by building bicycle lane, self service bicycle rental at train station, cover walkway and bicycle lane.

Lastly arrange with JB govt to move SPR to malaysia to stay and work in sg. haha.. just joking...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GOOD DEAL! Fully fitted and furnished terrace for sale at RM1.2mil!

International lot.

Kindly PM me for details.

OPS! Sorry my bad. Missed out.

It's East Ledang Terrace 2900sf built up. 28x70ft land.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1598197/East_Ledang_2-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForSale

Inter terrace.

MYR 1.2 million for East Ledang Terrace
MYR 1 million for Horizon Hills Terrace?

Last done 1.25-1.3mil.

Furthermore this unit is fully fitted with designer deco condition. Almost like new. Furniture can be included as well. =)

Wow, I was still telling my friends that they should be able to get resale terraces in East Ledang for around RM900k.

Sufeiya - May I ask whether you were the one who closed the last done deals for East ledang terraces at RM1.25 - RM1.30 mil?
Were those inter-terraces too? Or are those the bigger terraces with over 3000 sq ft in built-up? Or corner terraces with extra land?

I do believe that RM1.2 mil is easy to hit but didn't expect it to be so soon. Since I bought, my target was 5 years for prices to double from RM650k to RM1.3mil, it's only less than 2 years now. At this rate, RM1.2mil should be the norm in East ledang by next year. That's less than 3 years from the time I bought, way earlier than my expectation.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, I was still telling my friends that they should be able to get resale terraces in East Ledang for around RM900k.

Sufeiya - May I ask whether you were the one who closed the last done deals for East ledang terraces at RM1.25 - RM1.30 mil?
Were those inter-terraces too? Or are those the bigger terraces with over 3000 sq ft in built-up? Or corner terraces with extra land?

I do believe that RM1.2 mil is easy to hit but didn't expect it to be so soon. Since I bought, my target was 5 years for prices to double from RM650k to RM1.3mil, it's only less than 2 years now. At this rate, RM1.2mil should be the norm in East ledang by next year. That's less than 3 years from the time I bought, way earlier than my expectation.

Ok, heard from my friend, it's a type 30 corner terrace come with approx 20' extra land.

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the current plans for Downtown Line 1/2/3, Thomson Line, Tuas West extension et al, my guess is that the minimum population to support is 6.5 to 7 mil.

Lack of investment in infrastructure (esp transport, housing) brought us current problems.
we should
- Increase train frequency, train lines
- Increase taxi quota
- Make private car like HDB (1 family one), anymore need to buy from free market using current COE system.
- promote use of bicycle by building bicycle lane, self service bicycle rental at train station, cover walkway and bicycle lane.

Lastly arrange with JB govt to move SPR to malaysia to stay and work in sg. haha.. just joking...

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/2/business/11780157&sec=business
JOHOR BARU: Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) is looking at having more theme parks in Iskandar Malaysia.

Chief executive officer Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said the development of the new theme parks could be at other zones in Iskandar and not necessarily in Nusajaya.
He said while Legoland Malaysia Theme Park and Puteri Harbour Theme Park catered for children, it would be good to have a theme park that catered for adults.

Adult theme park, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.