• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the area looks very hot..... Why so few trees? I wonder if the plastics will melt under such heat :P
Hope they maintain it well. Malaysia has bad reputation for maintenance...

Bro, most polymers melt above 100 degrees C. PVC is 70+ I think. We should be safe from that. :biggrin:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, looks like Legoland's opening is on track. Wouldn't think so by looking at it while driving past it by the highway. Those on the vid. must be special guest...... lucky people....... my kids looking forward to going to LEGOLAND.....
Thanks for the vid post.
I saw an "American Raffles school" sign at the Anjung area. Don't know if connected with RI getting in on the education gig?

That would be nice if they go in now. But RI busy with their own problems now. :p

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the area looks very hot..... Why so few trees? I wonder if the plastics will melt under such heat :P

Actually , things might not be as rosy as a lot of people think. Can children tahan those super hot sun, those babies and kids will melt too , haha . Unlike Genting and many other countries , which got a nature cooling weather .

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually , things might not be as rosy as a lot of people think. Can children tahan those super hot sun, those babies and kids will melt too , haha . Unlike Genting and many other countries , which got a nature cooling weather .

Yes, it would be interesting to see.

I have not been to Universal Studios Singapore but just wondering how we keep cool there!

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to add that the two contractors speculated to do it are Gamuda or WCT. If either of them do it, it would be fair to speculate that it would run thru Bukit Indah-Nusajaya or at least an extension of because HH is under Gamuda and 1Medini is under WCT.

The relevant reference below is the EDTP Gemas-Johor

excerpt from http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/journeytowealth88/13347.jsp

"Construction - OVERWEIGHT - 26 June 2012

Maintain OVERWEIGHT on Construction as we see more contract awards and news flows coming out in 3Q12. This is premised on the upcoming Budget 2013 in September 2012 and likely front-loading of contract awards prior to the upcoming general election. Assuming general election takes place in August or November 2012 (based on the school holidays timetable), the risk premium for construction will definitely be higher, and thus stock selections would be crucial for investors who wish to have exposure in the sector. We opted for fundamentally strong contractors with a strong balance sheet, as well as, being potential beneficiaries of the upcoming KLFID and EDTP Gemas-JB projects like WCT (OP; TP: RM3.92) and Gamuda (OP; TP: RM4.12). We expect more news and contract awards from the KLFID projects (foundation works), EDTP Gemas ' JB project and High Speed Train (HSR) project in 3Q12 and we reckon WCT and Gamuda will be in the limelight. Our Top Pick for the sector is WCT (OP; TP: RM3.92) and Gamuda (OP; TP: RM4.16).

New mega project awards in 2H12. Based on the recent news flows, Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Darat (SPAD) is committed to invest about RM160b in improving the railway system in Malaysia until 2020. Based on that amount, we believe that this will include projects like the MRT circle line project, EDTP JB-Gemas (RM7b) and High Speed Railway (HSR) (RM30b). Among these projects, the imminent project for tenders will be EDTP Gemas-JB as we believe that the government is at the advance stage of discussion to finalize the details. For HSR, we understand that the project is now slated for completion by 2018 and we expect that there will be more news flows rather than tenders until end of the year (2012). We understand the timeframe for MRT circle line to execute or award the project is 2Q13, meaning, the finalized alignment should be announced in 2H12. "

What??? Gamuda again....I thought their plates are already full...with the KV MRT...and now the HSR...looks like YTL is really out of favour now...tsk tsk tsk...I am pretty sure...MMC will be in the picture again....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same, also exposed. But becuz e size is smaller, e structures r closer to each other and create some shades ... But I was still roasted when I went

Yes, it would be interesting to see.

I have not been to Universal Studios Singapore but just wondering how we keep cool there!

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tats y got lifestyle mall ... If sun gets too hot, siam to the mall hehe

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
What??? Gamuda again....I thought their plates are already full...with the KV MRT...and now the HSR...looks like YTL is really out of favour now...tsk tsk tsk...I am pretty sure...MMC will be in the picture again....

Is it because Francis Yeoh was more aligned with Dr M in the 90s?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same, also exposed. But becuz e size is smaller, e structures r closer to each other and create some shades ... But I was still roasted when I went

That's the problem with our climate here. Perhaps old man Lee is right to suggest that the air con is the most important invention in the world...at least for countries near the equator.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the problem with our climate here. Perhaps old man Lee is right to suggest that the air con is the most important invention in the world...at least for countries near the equator.

At USS they use alot of fans with the mist.. Not too bad but advisable to use sun block

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Your Friendly Bank in Singapore!

If any of us is buying a property, look no further than UOB because there is a bank that truly cares for you. Take your time to pay for your mortgage. Don't worry, even if it is for 50 years.

We can wailt....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1215258/1/.html

If banks in Malaysia are also allowed to offer 50 years loan, property prices in Iskandar will Boom with increased demand.
Is 50 yrs tenure available in Malaysia?

Last edited:

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro bbbear will set up similar system based on his earlier posts. But he is eyeing on 70" sharp. Can't wait 4 him to share his pics!

Yo bro. Hv booked 60" 3d led sharp tv instead. As 70" doesn't come with 3D

Comes with free 3D blu ray player and 3 pairs of glasses.

Now since renovation started. I m thinking to also conceal 4 speakers line from living to dinning halls. Hahaha. Will buy jbl satellite speakers with that. Am I making my house a cafe cum lounge?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yup, agree but Legoland is not going to be managed by The Government of Malaysia.
LEGOLAND Malaysia is a joint venture project between IDR Resort Sdn Bhd and Merlin Entertaintments.

From Wikipedia;

Merlin Entertainments Group Ltd is a British operator of amusement parks and other attractions. It is the largest such company in Europe, and globally the second largest after Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

Headquartered in Poole, United Kingdom, Merlin Entertainments operates over Seventy attractions in ten European countries, as well as the USA, China, Hong Kong and Australia. Its success has been underpinned by strong partnership arrangements with both public and private sectors, with organisations as diverse as Disney and the Worldwide Fund for Nature.

In 2010, the company's properties hosted an estimated 41 million guests, making it the second-most visited theme park operator in the world, behind only Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 words - WAY TO GO!!!

Yo bro. Hv booked 60" 3d led sharp tv instead. As 70" doesn't come with 3D

Comes with free 3D blu ray player and 3 pairs of glasses.

Now since renovation started. I m thinking to also conceal 4 speakers line from living to dinning halls. Hahaha. Will buy jbl satellite speakers with that. Am I making my house a cafe cum lounge?

Status
Not open for further replies.