• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
No no, don't worry. Just saying. Of course I stand by my decision on my purchase after collating the info and sharing by all of u. I'm 100% satisfied with my current purchase.

Agree it's not too late. As I'm scouting for a second one, I will cover more areas again and need to study deeper :smile:

Hope your runny nose has stopped

No worries, it's still not too late. I did my research so people dont have to fall into the holes I fell into but it's up to ones own risk appetite and beliefs whether it will come true. Many will say election ploy, etc.

Many still dont believe that there will be theme parks here. It much easier to convince them that their HDB units has lots of stuff casted in Johore. Again, need to refer to a recent case of someone who brought canned food, bedroll, sleeping bags and all kinds of camping gear with instant noodles here.

He was visiting my learned bro here but was worried he would get lost and end up surviving for days or weeks in the "wilderness" hence he really came prepared.

Again, it is becoming very viable as a destination for many other reasons, I am sure more news are incoming, they also need to temper the good with the bad. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No no, don't worry. Just saying. Of course I stand by my decision on my purchase after collating the info and sharing by all of u. I'm 100% satisfied with my current purchase.

Agree it's not too late. As I'm scouting for a second one, I will cover more areas again and need to study deeper :smile:

Hope your runny nose has stopped

It's always hard to be an early adopter amidst the sea of people who complains but does not lift a finger to help themselves.

Thanks, been very tired and a tad bit forgetful lately. Guess too many errands to run and do, wife also made sure I stay busy so that I can get more of the home/business stuff done rather then being pulled away to help others. Told her I need to rest but still got pulled to do multiple groceries trips, etc.

Need to travel soon so lots of things need to get done as well. Well, while I am still alive, I will do my best. Never taking any day for granted, living each day with gratitude.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's in your gene to help and improve people's life. Don't fight against it, embrace it and give within means.
You remain committed to us in here, and I'm sure u do much more in real. That's why don't over stretch yourself. Dennis' demise is another very real example 2 us. Let's hope everyone reaps the fruits as hard as we sow the seeds.

Wait...Ive been thinking n thinking on the coach bag, ralph Lauren polo, armani jeans etc at JPO. Perhaps I shall treat myself better and burn some holes on my wallet hehe

I'm started to get forgetful also. Now taking more fish oil hope it can help ...

It's always hard to be an early adopter amidst the sea of people who complains but does not lift a finger to help themselves.

Thanks, been very tired and a tad bit forgetful lately. Guess too many errands to run and do, wife also made sure I stay busy so that I can get more of the home/business stuff done rather then being pulled away to help others. Told her I need to rest but still got pulled to do multiple groceries trips, etc.

Need to travel soon so lots of things need to get done as well. Well, while I am still alive, I will do my best. Never taking any day for granted, living each day with gratitude.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It's in your gene to help and improve people's life. Don't fight against it, embrace it and give within means.
You remain committed to us in here, and I'm sure u do much more in real. That's why don't over stretch yourself. Dennis' demise is another very real example 2 us. Let's hope everyone reaps the fruits as hard as we sow the seeds.

Wait...Ive been thinking n thinking in the coach bag, ralph Lauren polo, armani jeans etc at JPO. Perhaps I shall treat myself better and burn some holes on my wallet hehe

Thank you, I just do what I can to the best of my very limited abilities, sometimes I feel sad I couldn't do more but everyone owes a duty to themselves. There are just many people out there that are their own worse enemy, they don't realize that their misplaced ego is the only thing between themselves and being happy. They would rather cover one mistake with another rather that to face it, admit the mistake and thus prosper as a result. Happiness should be the driving factor in life rather than just always money. We can all make money tomorrow if we are still here, but we cannot be happy if we are gone tomorrow.

No one knows if they will still be here tomorrow but most still squabble over the most petty of things.

Live life happily every day as if it is your last. Live it bravely but take care of the feelings of others, lessons to myself as well.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
So where u guys think is a good investment if I want to enter NOW?
I know everyone's opinion will be different, but please share your views if possible.
Thank you..

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
So where u guys think is a good investment if I want to enter NOW?
I know everyone's opinion will be different, but please share your views if possible.
Thank you..

Always never too late if one is buying to live in JB.
All of us are trying to escape from Paradise Singapore.

But you need to evaluate the possibility of making the transition.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always never too late if one is buying to live in JB.
All of us are trying to escape from Paradise Singapore.

But you need to evaluate the possibility of making the transition.

I'm looking from point of investment.
From point of living, I'm still unsure.
How u guys manage to overcome the transportation issue especially having kids studying in Singapore.
How to ferry them back to JB if you are still working?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm looking from point of investment.
From point of living, I'm still unsure.
How u guys manage to overcome the transportation issue especially having kids studying in Singapore.
How to ferry them back to JB if you are still working?

I don't live there but many of the forummers here do.
My investment is purely for the future; currently leasing my unit out.

For transportation, one could consider using public transport (CW3/CW6) or get out of JB earlier to escape the jam.
I agree that studying kids, which I have 2, is a little tricky but there are school buses available if the school is in Woodlands. And there's also international schools in JB that one could consider but I had difficulties enquiring there.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
If those pics are taken in late jun or early july.... It doesn't really look like it can open in Sep ler.

Btw, what r the nearest properties for sale near legoland?

Haha, fingers crossed then. I hope they are ready too.

But I have seen the testing of the rotating towers many weeks back.

Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Leisure Farm, Ujana are all very near to Legoland.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Video clip of Legoland

[video=youtube;w0EFgz4kb4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w0EFgz4kb4o[/video]

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, looks like Legoland's opening is on track. Wouldn't think so by looking at it while driving past it by the highway. Those on the vid. must be special guest...... lucky people....... my kids looking forward to going to LEGOLAND.....
Thanks for the vid post.
I saw an "American Raffles school" sign at the Anjung area. Don't know if connected with RI getting in on the education gig?

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the area looks very hot..... Why so few trees? I wonder if the plastics will melt under such heat :P
Hope they maintain it well. Malaysia has bad reputation for maintenance...

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the area looks very hot..... Why so few trees? I wonder if the plastics will melt under such heat :P
Hope they maintain it well. Malaysia has bad reputation for maintenance...

Only time will tell. I think it's plastic outer skin while cement and brick structure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.