• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Agents' commission

Great mind think alike! That should be the reason why the road was not built earlier.. Once UEM sold 80-90% of the properties, they will open the road to help their own developments in putri harbour too.. I am looking for an investment property ideally those that can sell immediately once TOP with gain..

In my humble opinion & speculation,

LF access will have to wait awhile. It has been made to wait since it was developed because UEM will make sure all its developments incl Medini get the market first. But if UEM takes over Mulpha (owner of LF) then it can be much faster. You see, they are in competition.... UEM was the one who built the 2nd link and the North South highway. Thus its developments near the 2nd link like HH, EL, LH, NI, Medini must benefit first .

That said, LF has things others do not such as the well-conceived strata concept where communal fruits can be grown and shared. That is nice. And horses and river-side lifetsyle. But if wait for the access to open, the prices would have run up far ahead. Tough one.

By the way you know that interest in Malaysia is double of Singapore's right? At about 4% p.a. Say you take 60% loan, it means paying SGD20k per year in interest alone. And it can go up over the tenure of the loan..

If I had your kind of money, I would buy one semi-d and a terrace in other developments and make profit from the terrace after about a couple of years holding to subsidise the other. Anyway just me. I am only currently invested in one terrace....

If you see bro Investors list thread, you can cast your options wider.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahaha bro gunner now i know the way to ur heart n stomach is simply durian. Just a thot maybe can hv durian fest while watchg gunner vs red devils lol

No lah.. Just wonder if the houses in LF is so big that folks planted durians... Hope next year arsenal will beat red devils whether whether after eating durians or not..

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi bro arsenal,

The LF access might even have to wait even for all precincts of HH to be sold .... while Puteri Harbour is one of UEM's own and a Tipping Point project for this year.

PH is already going on very fast with its access already opened up by the fact of being next to Kota Iskandar. Also I believe it was a key component of the "Iskandar Waterfront" branding in the last Iskandar Open Golf tournament on tv... PH has a CIQ that will ferry people to Raffles Marina near the 2nd link, where another CIQ will be opened. You can see that the MRT will connect all the way from Joo Koon/Jurong to Raffles Marina. This MRT construction has already started on Singapore side in Tuas. I am betting this connectivity will be starting to function around 2016, much ahead of the causeway LRT/MRT of 2018.

I think a gem is actually Taman Laguna. Although not UEM's, it is in a sweet spot of the Coastal Highway, right in the middle of 1st & 2nd link and close to PH. Alas, me no bullets to hold on that. Bro DoA is a smart guy.

Great mind think alike! That should be the reason why the road was not built earlier.. Once UEM sold 80-90% of the properties, they will open the road to help their own developments in putri harbour too.. I am looking for an investment property ideally those that can sell immediately once TOP with gain..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro, thanks for your nice words. Definitely swayed away my monday's blues after seeing my second favorite Italy got beaten with an ugly score of 4-0. My favorite Germany was out earlier last round, and Italy was the one who kicked them out. Geez... Im not that smart in football it seems haha

Seriously, there are a lot of smart and learned people in here. There are so much information and views that I do not see being shared in other forums. You have just shared some very good info again on LF and UEM which I couldn't agree more.

For laguna, yes I find it located in a very sweet spot despite lacking amenities ATM. I wouldn't had committed to this gem if not because of the courages given by the many learned people here. As you may observe, many dismissed laguna for what it is now and not seeing its potential. Nothing wrong with that as the risk appetite is different for everyone and it's generally true that one wouldnt go wrong with matured eatates. Im also praying that my risks will be paid off one day.

Im really delighted that you offered different views instead of the usual factors like landscaping etc. Bro arsenal also wrote recently that laguna might become very precious in the future because it might be the only landed houses while the surrounding might be all skyscrapers. Its a rare point that i didnt even think of. Bro arsenal, so your comment hasnt gone unnoticed :smile: it all wouldnt had worked out for me if not because of the introduction by our Chief too ... thanks guys for all your encouragements!

hi bro arsenal,

The LF access might even have to wait even for all precincts of HH to be sold .... while Puteri Harbour is one of UEM's own and a Tipping Point project for this year.

PH is already going on very fast with its access already opened up by the fact of being next to Kota Iskandar. Also I believe it was a key component of the "Iskandar Waterfront" branding in the last Iskandar Open Golf tournament on tv... PH has a CIQ that will ferry people to Raffles Marina near the 2nd link, where another CIQ will be opened. You can see that the MRT will connect all the way from Joo Koon/Jurong to Raffles Marina. This MRT construction has already started on Singapore side in Tuas. I am betting this connectivity will be starting to function around 2016, much ahead of the causeway LRT/MRT of 2018.

I think a gem is actually Taman Laguna. Although not UEM's, it is in a sweet spot of the Coastal Highway, right in the middle of 1st & 2nd link and close to PH. Alas, me no bullets to hold on that. Bro DoA is a smart guy.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic. I only read online papers that's why missed out all these ads. Would be great if you could let us know of these seminars when you come across next time :smile: thanks bro

Hi DoA and FT,

I saw the ad in Straits Times yesterday. Apologies to all, I should have posted it on the forum. Next time on, if I see anything I will post it.

In any case, the event was at the Grand Park Orchard Hotel and hosted by NS Global, the marketing agent for Somerset Puteri Harbour and another property in KL (forgot the name) launched in KL embassy area by CapitaLand. There was a presentation by the owner, Norman Sia and he was generally very positive about Malaysia (of course, he has to sell). In any case, he had some good points that most of us are already aware of. He covered mostly KL as the KL development was newly launched at around 1200 to 1300 psf range. The Iskandar developement, Somerset, was mostly sold, only one marina facing unit left at 1000 psf.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All!!

This is my first post after having followed this forum for almost a year.

I have been posting in Horizon Hills facebook page for a while, and now it's turn to contribute to this wonderful forum.

My first post will be about Leisure Farm and its road access.

Some facts first: UEM Land has not interest whatsover in the 2,200 acres in Medini. A bit of history...Originally, the Nusajaya's 24,000 acres were owned by UEM Land. In 2007, due to its high debt, UEM land sold about about 4,500 acres of Nusajaya lanbank to Khazanah (Malaysia's sovereign wealth fund). Subsequentlly, Khazanah incorporated the land into its new subsidiary: Iskandar Investment Bhd.

At the end, Khazanah remains the ultimate shareholder of both UEM Land and Iskandar Investment Bhd.

Among the lands injected into Iskandar Investment Bdh are: Medini (2,200 acres), Educity (300 acres), International Destinatation Resort (2,300 acres) and some smaller plots.

Now, let's turn to UEM Land. Currently, UEM Land landbank is concentrated in two main areas:

1- Puteri Harbour (including Residential South, Residentail North and D'estuary) with total GDV of MYR 12 Billion.
2- Gerbang Nusajaya (next to leisure farm and second link checkpoint) with Gross Development value of MYR 18 Billion

As far as HH is concerned, given UEM Land's 50% equity interest, and having regard 35% is sold out, the oustanding GDV to UEM Land is less than MYR 1 Billion.
As for Ledang, with Ledang Heights fully sold, and East Ledang having sold quite well, the outstanding GDV is quite small compared to Puteri Harbour and Gerbang Nusajaya.

Based on the above, UEM Land main interst is to develop Gerbang Nusajaya (as announced by its CEO), and there is no intention whatsover to hold back this launch until HH units are sold, given the limited contribution of HH to UEM Land bottom line.

Now, for LF folks, the rationale expalained in the earlier posts is correct, as Khazanah, being the owner of Plus Expresseways, UEM Land and Iskandar Investment, would prefer to develop the existing UEM Landbank.

The point that was missing is that UEM Land has no choice but to open up Gerbang Nusajaya where 4,500 acres are located. And given that LF is just next to Gerbang Nusajaya, Khazanah can not hold anymore the opening of LF access road, as it would would go against its own interest.

On the same line, in order to improve the connectivity of Medini, specially the wellness township of Temasek, Khazanah has decided to extend the coastal highway from the current roundabout near legoland to the Pelepas Interchange (the first interchange after paying toll in Malaysia). With this extension, Leisure Farm will gain another access road, yet again, thanks to the interest of third parties.

At the end, leisure farm will have two access road, one direct access from Second Link thanks to Gerbang Nusajaya and the second one from the extension of the costal highway (which will connect to Pelpas interchange) thanks to Temasek (Wellness township at Medini)

I believe this is enough info for my first post!!

Adios!!

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro, thanks for your nice words. Definitely swayed away my monday's blues after seeing my second favorite Italy got beaten with an ugly score of 4-0. My favorite Germany was out earlier last round, and Italy was the one who kicked them out. Geez... Im not that smart in football it seems haha

Seriously, there are a lot of smart and learned people in here. There are so much information and views that I do not see being shared in other forums. You have just shared some very good info again on LF and UEM which I couldn't agree more.

For laguna, yes I find it located in a very sweet spot despite lacking amenities ATM. I wouldn't had committed to this gem if not because of the courages given by the many learned people here. As you may observe, many dismissed laguna for what it is now and not seeing its potential. Nothing wrong with that as the risk appetite is different for everyone and it's generally true that one wouldnt go wrong with matured eatates. Im also praying that my risks will be paid off one day.

Im really delighted that you offered different views instead of the usual factors like landscaping etc. Bro arsenal also wrote recently that laguna might become very precious in the future because it might be the only landed houses while the surrounding might be all skyscrapers. Its a rare point that i didnt even think of. Bro arsenal, so your comment hasnt gone unnoticed :smile: it all wouldnt had worked out for me if not because of the introduction by our Chief too ... thanks guys for all your encouragements!

Last week, we went to HH to view my potential contractor wet work (thanks to Arsenal to recommend him).
Was impressed with HH security and the house (double storey semi-d) facing the golf course... saliva drools with the landcapes..

Thanks to this comment to ease my decision to buy Laguna over HH (of course partly HH $$ is a bit too high for me).

Overall satisfied with the contractor's workmanship and shd start the renovation in next 1-2 weeks time..
Btw, any good carpentry to recommend for kitchen cabinets and bedrooms carpentry works? Thanks all once again.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last week, we went to HH to view my potential contractor wet work (thanks to Arsenal to recommend him).
Was impressed with HH security and the house (double storey semi-d) facing the golf course... saliva drools with the landcapes..

Thanks to this comment to ease my decision to buy Laguna over HH (of course partly HH $$ is a bit too high for me).

Overall satisfied with the contractor's workmanship and shd start the renovation in next 1-2 weeks time..
Btw, any good carpentry to recommend for kitchen cabinets and bedrooms carpentry works? Thanks all once again.

Dijaya Corporation has just annouced the purchase of lanbank near Taman Laguna...if the masterplan for Danga Bay is implemented, Taman Laguna will be a very good buy!

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi...am new here and am keen to for a property in Johore.......deliberating between condo at Putri Harbour and landed at HH etc......only concern is am not likely to frequent this investment, so not sure if landed is a good choice.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Juanra,

Where is the announcment?

Rgds

Dijaya Corporation has just annouced the purchase of lanbank near Taman Laguna...if the masterplan for Danga Bay is implemented, Taman Laguna will be a very good buy!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congratulations.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear all,

Glad I found this forum here. Have been looking around in the nusajaya area for the past 2-3 months after a friend who bought a house in EL sold me the idea of staying in Johor. We are thinking of getting the house for our own residence and not for investment purpose. Have always been wanting to have a quiet away from city bigger living space for us. And my wife and I found HH, LF and EL very nice.

Initial thought was to get a terrace in EL but there is no more launch for terrace and the resale units are not "released" by the owners yet. So we investigated LF a bit more, and like many of the people here, found bayou creek (both the semi d and LF surroundings) to be great. We think we can live with the inconvenience of the kampong road one has to travel to the LF existing entrances, until the new entrance becomes a reality.

But my question is whether bayou creek semi d is worth its very high price of rm 1.8m?? We are not high income earners, but we feel this is a place where we want to reside and retire in, so we are serously thinking about it.

What do you think? Please feel free to comment and offer your honest opinion...

Thanks.

Bro penpen welcome to d forum...

if u can afford the mortgage payment (doesnt matter wic devt u choose) and at the same time your quality of life is not affected (like not burdened by mthly payment worries).. Then do ur due diligence (like reading all part 1 & 2 living in jb by wuqi bro hehe n keep an open mind and view as many as u can)

Wic devt u r comfy with?.. Only u can answer as there are gems and the beauty of the many gems r in the eye of the beholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.