• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sure, these are considered hardwood type. Laminates usually have a layer of foam beneath them and you feel like walking on air at times.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros, do avoid these 2 companies as much as possible. They have absolutely no follow up action when called to come, they never did,or take their own sweet time even when urgent and gave all kinds of excuses. One does banner and the other one is door systems/security camera systems.

KT INKJET PRINTING MARKETING
No. 19 Jalan Ros Merah 2/10 Taman Johor Jaya
81800 Johor Bahru, Johor Malaysia

AAC Distribution Sdn Bhd , no, 29-2 jalan molek 1/29,taman molek, 81100 JB

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Teck21, sorry to hear about the circumstances, i am sure it will be good again. Take care and all the very best.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I c .. So the common concern is about allergy for kids.

My office is fully carpeted and I dont smell the damp, so I was thinking why the same cannot be done at houses. Although stains are inevitable but it can be shampooed. My office only clean the carpets once every few months but still maintained quite ok ...

Ya, I like the cosy feeling. I have a small little carpet in my room now and my kitty like it too. But I agree that they tend to leave some furs on the carpet but it can be easily vacuumed

Note your point on the heat. But I went to some show houses and it felt ok even when the AC is not on. However, some furniture shops do stink like mad haha

So I will only do full carpet in bedrooms. And leave the tiles as they will be for the living room.

Yes, totally agree that carpet looks n feels luxurious ! Thanks for supporting carpets too:smile:!!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes you are right . To add , a large number of people ( especially earlier buy before 2010 ) buy with spare cash/saving they can afford to write off completely . Hence in they sure can take a very deep downturn , cheer !

Yup many early buyers clearly know the higher risk involved in the early years since the whole plan of Nusajaya is still only on papers and 3D scale models :biggrin: Quite many of them, of course not talking about all, bought with spare cash which they can afford to lose totally. It's just a fraction of their wealth or investment portfolio. These people own cars which are much more expensive than their terrace in Nusajaya.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

My office is fully carpeted and I dont smell the damp, so I was thinking why the same cannot be done at houses. Although stains are inevitable but it can be shampooed. My office only clean the carpets once every few months but still maintained quite ok ...

Ya, I like the cosy feeling. I have a small little carpet in my room now and my kitty like it too. But I agree that they tend to leave some furs on the carpet but it can be easily vacuumed

Note your point on the heat. But I went to some show houses and it felt ok even when the AC is not on. However, some furniture shops do stink like mad haha

So I will only do full carpet in bedrooms. And leave the tiles as they will be for the living room.

Yes, totally agree that carpet looks n feels luxurious ! Thanks for supporting carpets too:smile:!!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are already several properties i have seen that deserves a red flag but problem is too many people are buying into them now. One sold
100 plus units out of 2xx plus available.

Chief, boleh share share? Wheres the place/location/site? Cos i noticed nowadays most of the properties selling like hot cakes. Like no morrow. Even condos too! Sigh...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and u still wait wait wait ?

Glad u are back, dude!

There were past 3 attempts. I almost put the deposits. But it didnt materialise. Two units, my Mrs not interested. The other unit both of us love it. Its a resale unit. But neighbour across told us something abt the house. Some people may not be superstitious. But my wife definitely is. Me...only to a certain extent. Up todate, tat house still not sold. Hmmm....if only tat house is....Long story....

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unbelievable. Marlborough college's school fees can be as high as SGD50,000 per year just to study for Primary up till JC. One still has to pay more for a degree in another Uni. Only reasonably well to do ones can afford it and yet more than half the number of students from the first intake are from Singapore. Most people would think that the rich ones are more kiasi(afraid to die) then poor ones and won't take risk. In fact, the richer ones are who they are today due partly to their risk taking character.

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unbelievable. Marlborough college's school fees can be as high as SGD50,000 per year just to study for Primary up till JC. One still has to pay more for a degree in another Uni. Only reasonably well to do ones can afford it and yet more than half the number of students from the first intake are from Singapore. Most people would think that the rich ones are more kiasi(afraid to die) then poor ones and won't take risk. In fact, the richer ones are who they are today due partly to their risk taking character.

I think that could be full board prices. But still, a lot of money to part with for education.

In Singapore, many parents are paying $1,500 to $2,000 on kindergarten classes, enrichment courses monthly. They should be the captive market.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Glad u are back, dude!

There were past 3 attempts. I almost put the deposits. But it didnt materialise. Two units, my Mrs not interested. The other unit both of us love it. Its a resale unit. But neighbour across told us something abt the house. Some people may not be superstitious. But my wife definitely is. Me...only to a certain extent. Up todate, tat house still not sold. Hmmm....if only tat house is....Long story....

Actually buying haunted houses are the best only if you know how to deal with them of course. Cheap and eventually will become good as well.
Just don't buy this type:
house-of-the-dead-iii-14.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Risk takers - Trail blazers, they either burn out or make it. Someone shared this with me, an old hand in stocks.
The surest way of not making a loss in a stock market is not to buy any at all.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Your Friendly Bank in Singapore!

Anybody here who went to see the Horizon Residence show units, back when the sales office was still open? My wife and I like the wood flooring in the bedrooms. According to the salesperson, the wood flooring is part of the package given to buyers. That particular wood flooring is very unique and looks like natural logs put together to form the floor. It's not the usual flat-feel wood flooring.

Anybody here who knows what kind of wood flooring is that and where we can find it?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Initially thought of having carpet in the AV room too, but after reading some of the responses here, I think it's better to go with wood flooring or even tiles and buy a cosy carpet for centre area.

Bro DOA, if you have carpet in the bedrooms, won't it make it difficult to close the bedroom doors?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Initially thought of having carpet in the AV room too, but after reading some of the responses here, I think it's better to go with wood flooring or even tiles and buy a cosy carpet for centre area.

Bro DOA, if you have carpet in the bedrooms, won't it make it difficult to close the bedroom doors?

Haha, that's a small issue, depending on the height of the carpet, shave the bottom of your door. But for Av room you need soft furnishing, like sofa, carpets, rugs, cushions n curtain inorder to have great sound effect!

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to carpet with tiles below, u need to put either a layer of cement to level the floor or to put a thick layer of underlay. Otherwise, you will see lines due to the grouting lines between the tiles.

Our tropical weather is abit harsh with carpets due to its humidity. But if you use the aircon alot, it is really nice to have a nice wool carpet. Does not need to be the those that are installed. Can just be some nice throw on carpets or rugs. Some Persian carpets are really nice and comfy.

Sis, how does laminates fare against full carpeting of all open areas? I know nobody does this, but why is carpet not an option to all? I haven't heard anyone mentioning carpets so far ...

Status
Not open for further replies.