• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lim Tean's New Party Will Return CPF at 55

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My personal belief is that there could be many close contests. Many people could use their votes to voice their dissatisfaction. I wish we could see better qualified and more passionate alternative candidates stepping forward to contest. Alternative parties are too reserved and gentlemanly. The introduction of candidates should have been initiated long before Nomination Day. In present day Singapore, PAP unscrupulousLEE displays the faces of their incumbent candidates all year round. It's time the alternative parties strategise to maximise, to be more COMBATIVE and visible.

Combative? But dont be too emotional. Tats wat happened to JBJ....sued till pants down. Pity him. Hes truely an opposition leader. My respect to late JBJ.

CST....aaaaah....hopeless lah he. Like a mouse. Only draw mthly mp pay.

Dr Chee...i really hope his party come to my ward. I will make sure my whole family and relative support his party. If they dont i will cut off ties with them.:whistling::wink::roflmao:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serious huh?:roflmao::roflmao: I not so optimistic like u lah. Been mixing around with sinkies for decades leow. Infront kpkb, but at balloting box still ticked for lightning! If next GE, MIW lets say, can get till 55% votes, i really give up on sinkies!

I am quietly confident, even with the WP's ongoing case. There's no doubt it will influence the thinking of each and every voter, but the seeds of discord with the ruling party are growing. Of course, I sincerely hope the alternative leaders can mount a better coordinated and focussed challenge.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope. No more pension leow. Except for those very old timers who opted for pension scheme sometime around early 80s if not mistaken.
I think Sinkieland is the only peesai country in the whole entire world where civil servants no long eligible for pension schemes.

Thanks for the update. So I was wrong about key uniformed personnel remaining on the pension scheme.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Combative? But dont be too emotional. Tats wat happened to JBJ....sued till pants down. Pity him. Hes truely an opposition leader. My respect to late JBJ.
Dr Chee...i really hope his party come to my ward. I will make sure my whole family and relative support his party. If they dont i will cut off ties with them.:whistling::wink::roflmao:

Combative need not be physical violence. Maybe I should have used a more 'gentlemanly' term, Competitive.
I have the books of the SDP/CSJ and the late JBJ. These resources do provide a reader with a better understanding and appreciation of the individual writers. Likewise, I do wish these genuine alternative leaders could be actively involved in the governance of our country. There are quite a few capable and talented alternative candidates but the number is still not impactful enough to give apprehensive voters the comforting 'REASSURING PRESENCE'

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
can u imagine a family....hubby plus wife minimum sum plus whatever locked up in medisave....almost 400-500k
its a hugh amount by any standard.....
at the basic human level.....its simply what the hokkien will say...chow kuan....owed ppl money just refuse to pay back

fuck pap

you brought up some important numbers
which Roy Ngerng and Lim Tean need
to further dig into.

my rough estimate is
the CpF board owes more than
s$200 Bn monies to all those 55 y.o.
and above excluding PR and other
malaysians cpf stuck here.

meaning If Lim Tean 's PV party took power from PAP cpf board need to
have s$200bn standby to pay off 55 yo
and above.

2.50 m voters in 2015 general election.1m
voter 55 yo and above each have at 200k in cpf oa.

1,000,000 x 200,000 = s$200bn :biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Combative need not be physical violence. Maybe I should have used a more 'gentlemanly' term, Competitive.
I have the books of the SDP/CSJ and the late JBJ. These resources do provide a reader with a better understanding and appreciation of the individual writers. Likewise, I do wish these genuine alternative leaders could be actively involved in the governance of our country. There are quite a few capable and talented alternative candidates but the number is still not impactful enough to give apprehensive voters the comforting 'REASSURING PRESENCE'

Maybe we need someone, a veteran, someone with many many years of experience. But we hardly have anyone like Tun Mahatir.:biggrin: I can only tink of woody. But tat kayu also hopless. He will not get himself detach from MIW. Every month money coming in. Easy money.....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The PAP controls the mainstream media in Spore. You will never read anything positive about any opposition member.

Why don't you ask the residents of Potong Pasir why they re-elected CST numerous times? If he was hopeless they could have replaced him with someone from the PAP. CST had to face many obstacles put up by the PAP. If you look at him, he looks very worn out.

One thing I notice about Sporeans is that they like to complain and are cowards when it comes to voting for the opposition. They vote for the PAP & yet expect others to vote for the opposition. When the PAP introduces an unpopular policy, they are the 1st to scream & complain about why the opposition isn't doing anything about it.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
My personal belief is that there could be many close contests. Many people could use their votes to voice their dissatisfaction. I wish we could see better qualified and more passionate alternative candidates stepping forward to contest. Alternative parties are too reserved and gentlemanly. The introduction of candidates should have been initiated long before Nomination Day. In present day Singapore, PAP unscrupulousLEE displays the faces of their incumbent candidates all year round. It's time the alternative parties strategise to maximise, to be more COMBATIVE and visible.

for decades i believe that the elections are fair,
we also have to look into the possibility that the elections could be rigged.....

1)election office under PM
2)elected oppositions became law abiding pussycats after voted in
3)i cant really believe that an honest and patriotic guy like chee soon juan gets defeated time after time after time at the polls, really makes no sense

thinks chee and lim tean will give the white monkeys headaches if elected because both are stubborn and cant be bought over.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyoh johnny ya. How long already u been a sinkie ya? Tell me which year MIW aka Monkeys In White, didnt increase their coffers and make sinkies foot the bills? Every year sure have increase in this or that. Household utilities, ERPs, HDB flats, etc etc etc.......

I have only voted for the PAP once, this was back when the old guard was still around.
Now whenever there is a GE, I never vote for the PAP. I vote for the opposition. I do this because the PAP holds too much power & I'm trying to even the field.

Unfortunately other Sporeans don't agree & that is why we have the problems with the PAP.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What kind of idiot logic is this?

Take out CPF at 55 to spend it on Batam whores then cry no money at 60? haha
What kind of idiot logic is this?

Take out CPF at 55 to spend it on Batam whores then cry no money at 60? haha

There is plenty of propaganda in our local media. I don't know anyone losing their CPF to whores.
Do you personally know any senior citizens that have wasted their CPF on whores?

There may be some who don't have enough CPF for their old age but the problem is with low wage jobs & low interest rate that is paid out by the CPF board & not careless spending. It was unfair that they were only paying only 2.5% when banks were offering better rates.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have only voted for the PAP once, this was back when the old guard was still around.
Now whenever there is a GE, I never vote for the PAP. I vote for the opposition. I do this because the PAP holds too much power & I'm trying to even the field.
Unfortunately other Sporeans don't agree & that is why we have the problems with the PAP.

Many Singaporeans do think like you too. However, you better understood the need to tone down the PAP's control of POWER much earlier. The people of Potong Pasir, Hougang and then Aljunied understood the need for check and balances, and majority voted against the PAP possibly because the respective constituents could sense and experience 'the REASSURING PRESENCE' in the alternative candidates then. The people of Punggol East voted because they did not want the PAP. They wanted an alternative party and were comfortable to support an alternative with the 'reassuring presence'. Subsequent election bears further testimony

Better late than never. More and more Singaporeans will come to their senses and vote for what they really want. This coming election will afford everyone a true indication of what Singaporeans really want. Thus, it is paramount that the alternatives leaders MUST do their part first. Please give us a solid alternative to lead the people forward.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP hve never assured Sinkies that they have the Funds, shld they hve to pay out all tos that hve reached 55 yrs. But you can be sure there is a stack of IOU papers sign by HOHO in CPF's vaults. .

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe we need someone, a veteran, someone with many many years of experience. But we hardly have anyone like Tun Mahatir.:biggrin: I can only tink of woody. But tat kayu also hopless. He will not get himself detach from MIW. Every month money coming in. Easy money.....

Latest happenings in the country might throw up some names...more to move forward, hand in hand.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last election teres a surge of votes for MIW. I took it as sympathetic votes cos old man kicked the bucket. Lets wait and see next GE results. Wont be surprised if MIW manage to get above 60% votes from endangered species sinkies again.:rolleyes:
Does not matter if it's 51% or 70% as long as they win 96% of the seats can oreadi

fuck_malaysia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please tell us which ward u belongs to? we will consider it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Singaporeans do think like you too. However, you better understood the need to tone down the PAP's control of POWER much earlier. The people of Potong Pasir, Hougang and then Aljunied understood the need for check and balances, and majority voted against the PAP.......

Potong Pasir is my old constituency & when the residents voted out the PAP, the PAP took revenge. They closed the community centre which I thought is suppose to be an independent body from the PAP. It was a petty & spiteful act.

Not a big deal as nowadays people are busy with work & school. Looking at it as a taxpayer the PAP short changed the community.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lim Tean's proposal to return the CPF is alarming and a populist one. Many sinkies will enter their old age in their 60s without savings, since they are stupid and will spend it all away within 5 years or get cheated by some vixen from batam or chinkland.

It's better for PAP to hold on to CPF and give it back bit by bit when sinkies reach 65 years old or 70 years old instead. That way, sinkies can be assured of a steady stream of monthly income until they kick the bucket in their 80s.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does not matter if it's 51% or 70% as long as they win 96% of the seats can oreadi

Right on. It's the number of seats won which is more telling and representative. The popular vote percentage is a figure for use by the ruling party to account for doing what it wishes to do without having to go back to the people. The ruling party will always dictate and manipulate regardless of whether it is 51%, 60% or 99%. The alternative leaders need to educate the people on the implication of a 'clear mandate'. With that knowledge, more voters will consider carefully before making their informed decision.