• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Chee Guan bak kwa.... mouldy within 10 days! Acceptable?

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah, Lim Chee Guan Bak Kwa so fast turn mouldy?
I have ever eaten Bak Kwa that is bought 1 month ago.:eek:

Bak kwa shouldnt kept more than 7days.
even u put inside fridge...best can tong only 10-12days.

Anything more...is bad.
unless u r buying those air package bak kwa.

:( :o :(

Mustafa

Alfrescian
Loyal
barely_10_days_old_but_bak_kwa_already_mouldy__before_cny-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer mandy was shocked to find a package of bak kwa purchased just 10 days ago had gone mouldy before Chinese New Year. She was also rudely dismissed by the sales assistant when she tried to exchange it.

Said mandy in her email (Feb 3):

"Less than 10 days old, but bak kwa turned mouldy even before CNY!

"To make things worst, the sales assistant from Lim Chee Guan refused to do an exchange and I was pushed away.

"BEWARE OF YOUR BAK KWA!

"Check it before eating."

bakwa1jpg1296716939012-data.jpg

bakwa3jpg1296716955446-data.jpg

bakwa2jpg1296716944480-data.jpg

Usually can keep longer then 10days, might be a rival business tactic,
business same as warfare.

Alfrescian
Loyal
But rainy weather is cooler, should decay slower mah. I do cooking also see weather, if hot and humid must eat within an hour or two, if cool the whole day cook in the morning at night eat also can. I think whoever kept the bak kwa didn't do so properly.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
But rainy weather is cooler, should decay slower mah. I do cooking also see weather, if hot and humid must eat within an hour or two, if cool the whole day cook in the morning at night eat also can. I think whoever kept the bak kwa didn't do so properly.

wahlaneh...
if the meat kana rain water liao still pack inside hot n humid packet u think can turn mouldy or not?

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you really want to know, BCH's bak kwa are processed in China, Shangdong I believe. They are then shipped to SG by reefers, so by the time it reaches the consumer, there is a lag of at least 3 months.

As for the other vendors like LCG, honestly, I know see how they can keep their costs down except follow suit.

So why are we prevented from buying bak kwa from JB? Hmmmmm......

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think cos its busy, they pack the stuff while its hot. condensation occurs cause it to spoils easily

if on normal days, there are plenty of chances for it to cooled slowly before packing. then i believe it would not spoil so fast.

this actually goes for majority of the food. NEVER pack your food into a container while its hot. if really must wrapped, poke a few holes

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you are right. they must have packed it when it is still hot and hence the condensation.
my family used to keep them in tin containers for more than 10 days with no problem

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you really want to know, BCH's bak kwa are processed in China, Shangdong I believe. They are then shipped to SG by reefers, so by the time it reaches the consumer, there is a lag of at least 3 months.
As for the other vendors like LCG, honestly, I know see how they can keep their costs down except follow suit.

hahaha... this reminds me of the relevation in chinese papers a few years back. The raw LCG's bak kwa were supplied by another local maker (can't remember the name).
Fragrance bak kwa are made in their factory in woodland.