• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL Awarded Summary Judgement, Roy Ngerng Found Guilty Of Defamation

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I say again, no one in the outside world cares. Look, even Anwar is supported by the West. Aung San SK is supported by the West. The Syrian Opposition is supported by the West. The Kurds are supported by the West. The HK students are supported by the West. Which outside leader cares about this gay boy and his HHH friend? No One!

they are nowhere on the level of anwar.....more like street performing monkeys......anwar is a man of great intelligence and charisma.if anwar was singaporean,opposition would have won long ago.

sinkies aint worth a damn thing.

Garbage

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Blogger Roy Ngerng found to have defamed PM Lee

Published on Nov 7, 2014 4:05 PM

royngerng-0711e.jpg

Blogger Roy Ngerng has been found guilty of defaming Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in a blog post comparing the Prime Minister to City Harvest Church leaders. -- ST PHOTO: KUA CHEE SIONG

By Tham Yuen-C

SINGAPORE - Blogger Roy Ngerng was found to have defamed Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in a blog post comparing the Prime Minister to City Harvest Church leaders.

In a judgement released on Friday, High Court judge Lee Seiu Kin found that a reasonable ordinary person would have associated Mr Lee with criminal misappropriation after reading Mr Ngerng's May 15 blog post.

In the post, Mr Ngerng had compared Mr Lee to City Harvest Church leaders being prosecuted for allegedly misusing $50 million of church funds.

He had juxtaposed a chart detailing the relationship among the church leaders involved in the criminal case to another chart that he had created, which set out the relationships between the Central Provident Fund, Mr Lee, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, Temasek Holdings, GIC and other Singapore companies.

In awarding summary judgement in Mr Lee's favour, the judge also said that damages would be assessed later.

In the meantime, Mr Ngerng has been ordered to stop publishing any allegations of Mr Lee having misappropriated the Central Provident Fund savings of Singaporeans.

But the blogger "remained free to exercise his right to freedom of speech under Article 14 of the Constitution", except for repeating this particular allegation, said the judge in a written decision.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama: I've enough troubles with ISIL/ISIS and the Republicans. Don't ask me to intervene with this.

HM Queen: I already invited a gay to the state dinner. This one is so underdressed and unkempt.

Ban Ki-Moon: North Korea is a bigger threat than LHL.

PressForNirvana

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong wins defamation case against blogger

PUBLISHED : Saturday, 08 November, 2014, 3:25am
UPDATED : Saturday, 08 November, 2014, 3:25am

Agence France-Presse in Singapore

70886cd43e85956809808079c430c6e.jpg

After being sued by Lee, Roy Ngerng was fired from his government hospital job for administrative reasons.

Singapore's High Court ruled yesterday that an activist defamed Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong by accusing him in a blog of misappropriating state pension funds.

In the first such ruling in the city-state over a purely online article, a judge issued a summary judgment against Roy Ngerng, a 33-year-old former government employee.

Ngerng, who writes a blog called Heart Truths, was seeking trial to defend himself but High Court Judge Lee Seiu Kin ruled there was "no triable defence against the plaintiff's claim".

"There is no doubt that it is defamatory to suggest that the plaintiff is guilty of criminal misappropriation," the judge said in a written ruling.

Damages will be set at a later date generally such civil suits are launched in the High Court when the value of claims is above S$250,000 (HK$1.5 million).

Ngerng has already admitted his May 15 blog accusing the prime minister, who is also chairman of state investment fund GIC, of misusing the Central Provident Fund (CPF) was false and without foundation.

He offered S$5,000 as compensation to Lee, who rejected the amount.

GIC is a sovereign wealth fund that manages more than US$100 billion of the city-state's foreign reserves. The CPF is the state pension scheme that pools Singaporeans' retirement money.

After being sued by Lee, Ngerng, who has also led public protests over the CPF issue, was fired from his government hospital job for administrative reasons which he did not contest.

In June, he successfully raised more than S$112,000 through crowdfunding in order to fight the case, with more than 4,000 people contributing cash. "I am currently deliberating with my lawyer M.Ravi on the next course of action," Ngerng said after the judgment was released.

"I am disappointed as I have never intended to defame the prime minister. I will still continue to speak up on the CPF and other issues that concern Singaporeans," he added.

He is currently facing two criminal charges for staging an illegal march calling for greater transparency in how CPF assets are invested.

Singapore has consistently ranked high in surveys as one of the world's least corrupt countries, but rights groups say its leaders have used financially ruinous defamation suits to silence critics and opponents.

International media firms as well as local opposition figures have previously paid damages and apologised to Singapore leaders including Lee, 62, and his father, former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew, 91, for articles found to be defamatory.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a different era today, and this predictable outcome may have some detrimental effect on Lee Hsien Loong's political future.

Yes, JBJ, CSJ and TLH were political opponents and one might say rivals for power. RN is an activist for what he sees as the common good. The public will not be amused.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, JBJ, CSJ and TLH were political opponents and one might say rivals for power. RN is an activist for what he sees as the common good. The public will not be amused.

The World also does not care. But if this was Anwar or Aung San the world would.