• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Matland to Cane Former Minister Syed Saddiq for Corruption!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ex-Malaysian minister Syed Saddiq gets 7 years' jail, caning, S$2.9m fine for corruption​

Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman greets the public at the Kuala Lumpur Court Complex before the High Court verdict on Nov 9, 2023.
Malay Mail
Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman greets the public at the Kuala Lumpur Court Complex before the High Court verdict on Nov 9, 2023.

Published November 9, 2023
Updated November 9, 2023
WhatsAppTelegramFacebookTwitterEmailLinkedIn
KUALA LUMPUR — The Malaysian High Court sentenced Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman to seven years' jail and two strokes of the cane after the Muar MP was convicted of corruption on Thursday (Nov 9).
The former youth and sports minister was also fined RM10 million (S$2.9 million).

Justice Azhar Abdul Hamid sent the Malaysian United Democratic Alliance president to three years in jail for criminal breach of trust. Syed Saddiq is also to be whipped once for the crime.
“Syed Saddiq is also sentenced to two years in jail for embezzlement of assets and one stroke of the rotan,” the judge said.
Syed Saddiq was jailed for two years and fined RM5 million for each charge of money laundering. The jail sentences are to run concurrently.

Mr Azhar allowed the sentences and fines to be stayed pending Syed Saddiq’s appeal.
Syed Saddiq was found guilty on Thursday of four charges of criminal breach of trust, misappropriation of property, and laundering political party Bersatu funds.

Thirty prosecution witnesses testified in the trial, which started on June 21, 2022.
They included Syed Saddiq’s father Syed Abdul Rahman Abdullah Alsagoff, his mother Shariffah Mahani Syed Abdul Aziz, former Armada assistant treasurer Rafiq Hakim Razali, and Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission investigating officers Nurul Hidayah Kamarudin, Syahmeizy Sulong, and Asbi Munip.
The case was conducted by Deputy Public Prosecutors Wan Shaharudin Wan Ladin and Mohd Afif Ali while lawyers Gobind Singh Deo and Haijan Omar represented the accused.

PLANS TO APPEAL​

Syed Saddiq said on Thursday he respected the High Court’s decision to convict him of corruption but would appeal as he was confident of clearing his name.

“I have discussed with my lawyers, and we have a good case to file an appeal.

“I have to put my faith in the court. The judiciary is the last resort, so we have to respect it,” the Muda president said.
Syed Saddiq said the court was the best place to clear his name.
“I’m not here to (disparage) the institution. I’m a Malaysian so I should be judged as any other Malaysian.”
Syed Saddiq’s lawyer Gobind Singh Deo said he would file an appeal later on Thursday.
The former minister also said he would be holding a press conference on the leadership of Muda on Thursday evening.

“I will be having a meeting on my political future.
“I personally made up my mind, what I want to do. I will announce my decision,” he added. THE MALAYSIAN INSIGHT

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Muttland court is a scam. He is paying the price of doing the right thing. If Zahid can be acquitted so should he.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a nearby country, which claim to be nearly corrupt free and does not tolerate corruption ,you will only get stern warning .