• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Letter to Minister George Yeo

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I then argue this way:

In most of the other 1st world countries, they do not rely on cheap labour to power their service sector. I don't think that the interest of their citizens as consumers of services has been undermined in anyway...

How about this?
(Bros, feel free to comment... I feel like nailing him down...)

You are all over the place hitting at stones and even your own feet!

Cheaper labour is the term to use. Secondly, cheaper labour from 3rd world countries is used in certain industries in first world countries. However, cheaper labour is not allowed into first world countries in the numbers or percentages of the workforce that the PAP has allowed into Singapore.

Further, the industries that these cheaper foreign labour is allowed into are those industries where Singaporeans have experience and education in and which many have been performing well in for many years of their lives. But due to the incesssant influx of cheaper foreign labour, Singaporeans are seen as a more expensive alternative.

Finally, why did the PAP government allow jobs to be part of an FTA? Jobs are not a service or a good which can be traded. What is the rationale for such an addition when it is clear that it would result in a loss of jobs for Singaporeans and lower wages as the industries react to the easy availability of cheaper labour.

Then the PAP asks its workers to work cheaper, faster, better when the PAP itself created this problem of lower wages and even loss of jobs.

The PAP government is empowered by the people to work and to provide for its citizens. How have the FTAs helped Singaporeans? Which other FTA allows foreigners from 3rd world countries free entry into Singapore?

When the PAP government signed these FTAs, were Singaporeans consulted or warned of the negative impacts these FTAs may have? Why does the PAP government see it fit to only provide positive messages when it is clear that almost everything has a double-edged sword.

The cheaper, better and faster messages to the citizens were only transmitted recently but the inflow of cheaper white collar foreign workers has been happening for a long time.

If the government knew, it must have known, of the consequences then why has it not done anything of substance to alleviate the problem? Why were citizens not provided with the required training earlier and only after the problem exacerbated?

And which training programmes is GY talking about. Let's be specific. Which programmes is he talking about and who are the targets for these courses. How much do the courses costs? Are foreign workers also allowed to take the courses? What kind of cost advantage does the Singaporean have over a foreign worker in attending the course? Would companies obtain similar advantages if they paid the course fees for these foreign workers?

How much are these courses and can an out of job Singaporean have sufficient funds to pay for these courses? Are these courses also available anywhere else and what are their costs? Who is the training provider and what kind of competence does the trainer have relative to similar courses provided else where?

You should have enough to humtum GY. DOn't use all at one go but give him enough to keep him busy and to fall over his own feet.

Keep some to humtum his replies. Improve on them with more stats.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're hitting all the stones too. All of these jobs, workers etc. have nothing to with MFA George Yeo. You all are like robbery victims going to report to immigration instead of police. Immigration tell you all to report to police but you all insist immigration handles since the robbers are foreigners.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're hitting all the stones too. All of these jobs, workers etc. have nothing to with MFA George Yeo. You all are like robbery victims going to report to immigration instead of police. Immigration tell you all to report to police but you all insist immigration handles since the robbers are foreigners.

I will humtum you with a ROCK if you argue with your mouth without first using your head!

George Yeo was Minister for Trade and Industry from 1999-2004. The FTA discussions with India were officially launched in 2003. Need I say more.

But Kojak, do not use this last piece of info so soon. Let's wait and see if GY tries to siam the questions by saying that he is not minister for MTI. The guy was indeed MTI when the ball started rolling!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will humtum you with a ROCK if you argue with your mouth without first using your head!

George Yeo was Minister for Trade and Industry from 1999-2004. The FTA discussions with India were officially launched in 2003. Need I say more.

But Kojak, do not use this last piece of info so soon. Let's wait and see if GY tries to siam the questions by saying that he is not minister for MTI. The guy was indeed MTI when the ball started rolling!

Throw me a rock or a nuke if you want but he's not MTI in this Indian FT issue.

冤有头,债有主。

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which part of GY was MTI from 1999-2004 and MTI official discussions started in 2003 do you not understand? Before official discussions are arranged there would have been a series of meetings that were completed.

If GY chickens out with an I am not with MTI excuse then hit him with the fact that indeed he was with MTI then. If he insists that he doesn't want to get involved then ask him nicely if the money he received as salary that he received for his time at MTI is still valid today.

If he can spend the money today as it is still accountable then he should also be accountable today for his time with MTI then. Selective amnesia and deliberately absconding from one's intellectual and moral obligation is unbecoming of a minister.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What USA FTA are you harking about? Why is that even part of the discussion?

You cited George Yeo as MTI in 2003-04. It was USA FTA then.

The issue in this topic is the Indian FTA 2010 that incorporates workers immigration concession.

But if the issue is whacking George for whacking him's sake, please go ahead with whatever.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You cited George Yeo as MTI in 2003-04. It was USA FTA then.

The issue in this topic is the Indian FTA 2010 that incorporates workers immigration concession.

But if the issue is whacking George for whacking him's sake, please go ahead with whatever.

Hello! You were the one that ridiculously brought up the FTA with USA.

FTAs do not occur overnight nor even a year or two. Most take years to reach the signing stage. But before the final signing there would have been many other agreements but on a smaller scale within certain industries as the countries test each other out.

See this as evidence
http://www.fta.gov.sg/fta_ceca.asp?hl=6

Further, the influx of white collar Indian nationals here has been happening over many years and not just this year.

You were a PAP cop once. I don't blame you for only looking at things superficially and having a lazy mind to search for more information than is required. You were after much sought after for such attributes.

You still my friend lah but I must jagga the things you say. :biggrin:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, doesn't matter. George Yeo is still part of the PAP Govt. If he anyhow answers, he will only bring more shame to PAP and cost PAP more votes... :smile: