• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Letter to Minister George Yeo

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table class="cf gJ" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td class="gF gK"><table class="cf gJ" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr class="UszGxc"><td class="g7">
cleardot.gif
</td><td class="gG">from</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
BT Kojak <[email protected]></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">to</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
[email protected]
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">date</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">subject</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
India exerts pressure on Singapore to accept more of its “Foreign Talents"</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="gG">mailed-by</td><td colspan="2" class="gL">
cleardot.gif
gmail.com</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="gH">hide details 8:44 PM (0 minutes ago)
</td><td class="gH cY8xve">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Dear George,

I read with dismay this news article from The Economic Times of India:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...en-up-services-sector/articleshow/6623486.cms

It stated that India has asked Singapore to open up more services to allow a greater number of Indian professionals to work in Singapore's accountancy and hospitality sectors. This is currently being negotiated under a bilateral FTA between India and Singapore.

Besides requesting Singapore to take deeper commitments in medical, health-related and education services, it is reported that they also wanted to ask for expanding the existing list of 127 occupations by which professionals are allowed entry into Singapore. They wanted the additional list to include chefs, physiotherapists, nurses, school teachers, nutritionists, professionals in entertainment and hospitality sectors!

I would urge the Govt to think twice about opening up the Singapore's market further in the way India is asking for. If this is implemented, it will have severe consequences to our already beleaguered PMETs. Many over 40s PMETs are slowly being pushed out by the cheaper and younger foreigners. Even the younger Singaporean professionals have a harder time getting a job these days. If you really care for Singaporeans, don't let this happen.

By the way, even though this news wasn't reported by our mainstream media, it has already been picked up by online sites such as Temasek Review. It's making rounds in Singapore blogs and sites and most Singaporeans are not happy about it:

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...ssure-on-singapore-to-accept-more-of-its-fts/

Yours sincerely,

Kojakbt

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Draft reply, from George Yeo to Kojakbt :

I'm puzzled why are you writing to me about this. For your information, I'm the Minister for Foreign Affairs, not for foreign workers. Please write to the Minister for Manpower. Thanks. Yours.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm puzzled why are you writing to me about this. For your information, I'm the Minister for Foreign Affairs, not for foreign workers. Please write to the Minister for Manpower. Thanks. Yours.

Because this is currently being negotiated under a bilateral FTA between India and Singapore. MOM comes in only at the later stages if the negotiation is successful:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because this is currently being negotiated under a bilateral FTA between India and Singapore. MOM comes in only at the later stages if the negotiation is successful:p

Redrafted reply, from George Yeo to Kojakbt and Silverfox :

I'm puzzled why are you writing to me about this. For your information, I'm the Minister for Foreign Affairs, not for foreign workers. Please write to the Minister for Manpower. If you're concerned about how the ongoing FTA negotiation can affect this matter, it's under the purview of the Minister for Trade and Industry. Thanks. Yours.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm puzzled why are you writing to me about this. For your information, I'm the Minister for Foreign Affairs, not for foreign workers. Please write to the Minister for Manpower. If you're concerned about how the ongoing FTA negotiation can affect this matter, it's under the purview of the Minister for Trade and Industry. Thanks. Yours.

Good. I am convinced. Even the best archers in the country will miss you(target board):biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh izzit?

I thot FTA stands for Foreign Talent Agreement?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would urge the Govt to think twice about opening up the Singapore's market further in the way India is asking for. If this is implemented, it will have severe consequences to our already beleaguered PMETs. Many over 40s PMETs are slowly being pushed out by the cheaper and younger foreigners. Even the younger Singaporean professionals have a harder time getting a job these days. If you really care for Singaporeans, don't let this happen.

Dear Minister Yeo

I would urge you to ignore the imprudent cries of Kojakbt, a well known leftist in internet circles. For the good of the country, and the good of Singporeans in general, we need PMEs of quality. If those who would pretend to be PMEs but are unable to make the cut, the rest of Singapore should not continue to pay them the economic rent they cannot attract. We like our tax rates low and hope you will lower them than succumbing to these communist cries. Communists should be dealt in only one way - locked up under ISD with the key thrown away. In this year and age, they have not understood that communism has failed across the world.

One more thing, stop pretending that the Ts belong in that category, they don't, because they don't matter.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what are they GIVING to Singaporeans? Motherfucking hypocrites whose top "talents" from their own "top" institutions IIT and IIMs can screw up a small Commonweatlh Games!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what are they GIVING to Singaporeans? Motherfucking hypocrites whose top "talents" from their own "top" institutions IIT and IIMs can screw up a small Commonweatlh Games!

Forget IIT and IIM. Those are Johnny-come-latelys. I say we should concentrate on the graduates from Universities like the University of Bombay - Real Universities.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Minister Yeo

I would urge you to ignore the imprudent cries of Kojakbt, a well known leftist in internet circles. For the good of the country, and the good of Singporeans in general, we need PMEs of quality. If those who would pretend to be PMEs but are unable to make the cut, the rest of Singapore should not continue to pay them the economic rent they cannot attract. We like our tax rates low and hope you will lower them than succumbing to these communist cries. Communists should be dealt in only one way - locked up under ISD with the key thrown away. In this year and age, they have not understood that communism has failed across the world.

One more thing, stop pretending that the Ts belong in that category, they don't, because they don't matter.

It is true that communism is dead and long may it stay dead. What should be dealt with severely is fascism in the form of fake democracy.

Singapore seems to have the only political party in the world in the PAP that guarantees jobs for foreigners instead of its own workers. The FTA covers not only India but I assume Philippines and China. The former presidentof Philippines ever guaranteed her citizens to jobs in Singapore. She was so confident in it and the only way she could have been confident is that jobs for Filipinos here were guaranteed as part of some deal the PAP governent must have had with her government.

The PAP government has embarked on a dangerous course to sell out te government and seems to be on a crazed run to make as much money for the GLCs and other minion companies through these trade deals.

While its own citizens face lower wages, job insecurity and loss of jobs, problems which were created by the PAP, the PAP continues to exert even more downward and cruel measures to ensure that more of its citizens are hurt by these trade agreements.

But do not worry. The future government of Singapore, as long as it is not the PAP government, will fight against these trade agreements in the World Court to rescind these agreements which were not done in the good spirit of how trade agreements are normally formulated and carried out.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Er... if he answered this way, then I'm going to reply:

Dear George,

Doesn't the Minister for Foreign Affairs negotiate FTAs with foreign countries? Or is that the job for MOM too?

he he

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear George,

Er... may I ask what do you do then?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The former presidentof Philippines ever guaranteed her citizens to jobs in Singapore. She was so confident in it and the only way she could have been confident is that jobs for Filipinos here were guaranteed as part of some deal the PAP governent must have had with her government.

She was talking about jobs as MAIDs for crying out loud.

While its own citizens face lower wages, job insecurity and loss of jobs, problems which were created by the PAP, the PAP continues to exert even more downward and cruel measures to ensure that more of its citizens are hurt by these trade agreements.

We're talking about lower value added jobs, for crying out loud!!

But do not worry. The future government of Singapore, as long as it is not the PAP government, will fight against these trade agreements in the World Court to rescind these agreements which were not done in the good spirit of how trade agreements are normally formulated and carried out.

If that ever happens, I am out of here because I don't wanna live in a communist state.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Minister Yeo

I would urge you to ignore the imprudent cries of Kojakbt, a well known leftist in internet circles. For the good of the country, and the good of Singporeans in general, we need PMEs of quality.

Yes, the keyword here is quality... I think many bros here would have enough experience dealing with FTs to know what kind of quality of FTs we have here... even among the so called PMET FTs...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the keyword here is quality... I think many bros here would have enough experience dealing with FTs to know what kind of quality of FTs we have here... even among the so called PMET FTs...

PMEs please. The "T"s i.e. the programmers and other technicians should never have been admitted to this class.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget IIT and IIM. Those are Johnny-come-latelys. I say we should concentrate on the graduates from Universities like the University of Bombay - Real Universities.

The real solid Indian talents are in the US... they typically go there to do post grad studies and end up working and staying there...

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
She was talking about jobs as MAIDs for crying out loud.

We're talking about lower value added jobs, for crying out loud!!

If that ever happens, I am out of here because I don't wanna live in a communist state.

Of course you will be out of here. Scums like you can only survive by scavenging on others wealth. You can't create anything of value on your own!

You and your fascist ideals cannot survive in a true democracy based on capitalist ideals. You need fascists to rule and for you to feed on te crumbs that your fascist masters throw on the floor for you and your family to pick up and you call that wealth.

Learn to have some dignity. Your posts show the worm-like nature of your being and existence.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real solid Indian talents are in the US... they typically go there to do post grad studies and end up working and staying there...

We can still survive with 2nd tier like University of Bombay graduates. But IIT and IIAM are true-blue johnny come latelies.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much for a “talented” nurse from India:

http://www.londonpatriot.org/2010/0...ld-barely-speak-english-and-refused-to-learn/

The latest example is laid bare by the Daily Mail which reported recently about a bungling foreign nurse who could barely understand English and refused to learn the language.

The Nursing and Midwifery Council heard that Biju John 38, could not even tell one department from another. The Indian nurse also had a somewhat limited knowledge of basic nursing skills, and did nothing when a patient was struggling to breathe, the tribunal was told.

The council heard that John should have started basic airway management as the man gasped for breath after coming round from an operation. But instead he had to be helped by a colleague who rushed over when he heard the man’s wheezing from the other side of the ward. The tribunal was told John almost caused another patient to go into anaphylactic shock when he wore latex gloves to treat him despite being told he was allergic to the material.

John, who trained in India before starting work on the Peri Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) at Leicester Royal Infirmary in 2003, often could not understand what staff or patients were telling him, the tribunal was told. But John insisted he was able to understand instructions and wrote to the tribunal stating: ‘I never be confused at all.’(sic)

Deborah Baljit, for the NMC, told the hearing: ‘The predominant concerns were his communication skills and his ability to understand instructions and react to them. ‘He did not complete the English lessons he was told to undertake, nor did he enrol at the college.

‘He had to take responsibility for taking English lessons but it appears that he failed to do so.’ As a new staff member, John was already on a period of supervised practice but this was extended when he failed to meet the hospital’s required standards. The incident with the latex gloves occurred a few weeks into the job in July 2003.
The hospital devised a set of objectives for John to meet, which included completing an assessment of basic nursing skills and meeting a required standard of English so he could effectively communicate with staff and colleagues. But he failed to reach the targets that had been set for him and was kept on supervised practice.
After further problems, a disciplinary meeting was scheduled for January 20, 2005 but John quit seven days before. He was later reported to his regulating body. Ms Baljit added: ‘Given the intensive support and assistance, he was still unable to achieve the competencies required of him.’

John, from Cambridge, was found guilty of seven charges relating to his lack of competency when he worked at the hospital between July 2003 and December 2004. These include failing to complete basic skills required of a nurse, not demonstrating his English was sufficient to communicate with colleagues effectively, which gave rise to the incident with the latex gloves, and failing to take appropriate action when a patient’s oxygen levels dropped. He was cleared of mistaking the Surgical Assessment Unit for the Surgical Acute Care Unit.

I am surprised to hear that the hospital this Indian nurse worked at had not taken action before these events, but I suspect its managers had no wish to be accused of ’institutional racism’, because we nationalists know only too well how the EHRC is ready at the drop of a hat to take legal action against anyone they think is discriminating against blacks and Asians.

How many patients need to die before this absurd policy of positive discrimination, regardless of ability is stopped?