• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let's be nice to each other in this section

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sanity prevails

Sanity prevails... about time too. Life's much more than just the 3 little letters:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have a question. Under the old forum, it is very easy to see threads u contributed and read the follow-ups, I note that this forum cannot (or maybe I dunno how). Any suggestions on quick return to the last post I read or made?

Click on your nick. You can list ALL your posts in chronological order from the latest to the earliest.

If you want to track threads, use the "subscribe" feature and then use the "quick links" menu at the top menu bar whenever you return.

Vbulletin is 10 times better than Delphi.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old Coffee Shop forum at Delphi has ended up with an ingrained culture of flame wars in every single folder.

I take full responsibility for the situation. The problem with the Delphi forum is that there are insufficient controls to keep tabs on the content. It was OK at the beginning (way back in 1999) when traffic was considerably lower. However, with the current volume of 2000+ posts daily, it has become next to impossible for one person alone to administer.

This new forum on the vbulletin platform has a whole host of admin controls. However, I am going to maintain the tradition of a hands off approach with regards to what is posted in all sections EXCEPT THIS ONE. :cool:

"Coffee Shop Talk" will be monitored closely to ensure that peace and harmony reigns. Let's maintain this little corner as a haven of peace and tranquility in an otherwise troubled world. :smile: Troublemakers are therefore requested to take your taunts, sarcasm, racism and loutish behaviour to the rubbish heap at http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 You can take a crap there if you want but keep your nonsense away from the coffee shop.

Making an effort to be nice isn't that difficult. Even I can do it. Let's give it a go and see what happens. :p

But Sam, i remember there was once i ask you, why every thread also flame.. nobody can get a straight answer....

you told me that was the basis of your forum... and i respected that.. now change man already ah? kekke

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But Sam, i remember there was once i ask you, why every thread also flame.. nobody can get a straight answer....

you told me that was the basis of your forum... and i respected that.. now change man already ah? kekke

Not really. I enjoy flame wars. The old ones used to be great. :wink:

However, times have changed and the flame wars nowadays simply repeat the same old crap over and over again like a broken record. It's really boring.

Rather than try and clean up the delphi forum, I decided it was easier to simply start afresh on a new platform.

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Sam leong

U are right, its great to be nice to one aother... why must hate & dislike, why zap point, It would be great to turn all these words into "Rewards, like & love"
What the bible says is right, forgive and forget , love each other, we must love our enemies as love as we love ourselves... How nice would it be if this world there is no war.... Turn Hate into the world of Love. Only Love can heal a broken heart!

gamester74

Hi everyone, just joined this new forum, thanks boss for creating this forum and hope to see more intellectual discussions!

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really. I enjoy flame wars. The old ones used to be great. :wink:

However, times have changed and the flame wars nowadays simply repeat the same old crap over and over again like a broken record. It's really boring.

Rather than try and clean up the delphi forum, I decided it was easier to simply start afresh on a new platform.

Actually i think you are right... i know it is hard to maintain a forum, with totall open mind. but the perfect coffee shop to me is one which can provide both, an avenue for idiots to write trash... and if someone comes a long and need good advice, the forum should be able to do so too...

Anyway, Sam, i have always been a loyal supporter of you, and most of the time i find your posts rather humourous....