• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Kuan Yew on death: I want mine quickly, painlessly

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

And dis dude too...

[h=2]Political detention[edit source | editbeta][/h]On 2 February 1963, along with over 110 other leftists and unionists, Lim was arrested during Operation Coldstore, a massive security crackdown ordered by the government and targeted at communists and alleged communists. Immediately after his arrest, he was detained without trial indefinitely under the Internal Security Act. At the time of his arrest he was only 32 years old and his son who was just 5 months old. During his two-decade long detention at Changi Prison, he constantly refused to repudiate his political beliefs despite being given every opportunity to do so. About 9 years into his detention, he was asked to sign a statement committing to support the democratic system in Singapore, and not to participate in politics. He refused, pointing out that the two demands were contradictory: if a democratic system really existed in Singapore, then there would be no reason for him to be deprived of his right to participate in politics. (Fucking well say...unfortunately moi cnot up his points...)He was released from political detention on 6 September 1982 and was Singapore’s second-longest serving political prisoner after Chia Thye Poh.[SUP][4][/SUP]
[h=2]Later life[edit source | editbeta][/h]After his release from detention, Lim worked at the Rakyat Clinic along Balestier Road as a general practioner. He not only dispensed free medicine for poor patients, but also gave them transport money to go home. He repeatedly called for the abolition of the Internal Security Act (ISA). In September 2011, together with 15 former ISA detainees, he issued two joint statements calling for the abolition of the Act and the setting up of an independent Commission of Inquiry to investigate the allegations made against ISA detainees.

images

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if it is allowed. i am sure that many people in this forum would volunteer to administer the quick and painless death on him.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if it is allowed. i am sure that many people in this forum would volunteer to administer the quick and painless death on him.

A lot more will want smear of shit on sole of shoe to die painfully and very slowly

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who are quick to sign the darn AMD could be their GREATEST mistake. Technology is advancing so exponentially that what is considered a hopeless case could very well be curable and treatable one month or one week if not one day later!

And for those who suddenly have a change of heart at the last moment and want to cling on to life, there could be no chance as they might not be strong enough to communicate to their medical executioners. Dying from ENFORCED starvation by removal of the feeding tube could be a more painful way to go as the gastric juices auto digest one's stomach layer by layer.

The TRULY courageous are the ones who dare to face death naturally with all its pains and not those who wish a quick painless death.

euthanasia is more than achieving a painless death. it reflects an atheists view of control over the final moments instead of leaving it to the whim's and fancies of an ethereal god.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I read somewhere that bein able to die quickly and painlessly is actually a blessing from accumulating good karma......

We shall see............

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
even euthanasia is under the influence of karma - you can't run away from it
hallelujah!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I read somewhere that bein able to die quickly and painlessly is actually a blessing from accumulating good karma......

We shall see............

I do agree. But some good people died painfully too - perhaps due to past accumulated bad and evil karma. Life is very complicated. Live and let live...some evil people die peacefully and happily - due to past good and wholesome accumulated karma.

when we die, how we die, where we die - we really don't know...hallelujah!!! ornitufu!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there is no need to post such hideous things
must show respect to all our leaders
we are singaporeans
we should act with graciousness and pride
do not be destructive
do not curse your own people
do not run down your own country
majulah singapura!!!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He appears to be stoic about the whole dying thing. But I am sure he is scared shitless. His life is all about acquiring power and wealth. And all these will count for nought soon. He goes from having everything, to having nothing. This must be a sorrowful thought for him.

hard truth sucks hoh :kma:

Samthaikong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to die is just after having a sleep after your dinner or supper and never wake up again.

Just like HongKong actor 鄧光榮 who passed way on 29th March 2011.

It is believed a person with good karma then can die this way.