• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Kuan Yew on death: I want mine quickly, painlessly

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on that video clip, LKY does not sound very robust and healthy, as in his past.
Accordingly, based on my observations of senior citizens vis-a-vis their voice, skin tone, gait, and ability to walk (briskly and unaided),
I believe that he is very near to the end.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based that video clip, LKY does not sound very robust and healthy, as in his past.
Accordingly, based on my observations of senior citizens vis-a-vis their voice, skin tone, gait, and ability to walk (briskly and unaided),

Let it be done with before the GATE closes this time round.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Based that video clip, LKY does not sound very robust and healthy, as in his past.

with every year and at every national day I hear the same old story
but every year passed with mr lee kuan yew staying stronger and stronger
all these soothsayers have to eat their words and shut their gaps
majulah singapura!!!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see.

how about the blood?

What blood? We are talking about getting rid of the air only. :biggrin:

Seriously though, I don't think any of us here knows the answer to your question.

lianbeng replies: let the blood drain out dry lah like people cutting chicken throat!:biggrin: eh, he just wana die quickly n painlessly why u all give him so much pain n dragging time?

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Upon reading the comments and threads around here, I am kind of tempted to buy his book....just to know what the fuck he wrote.

I agree with you too. Curiosity is the main pull....

I would rather buy his book, read and analyze the contents covering the past period and then conclude for myself whether it is a fact or fiction.

Buying his book is "MUCH BETTER THEN GIVING STUPIDLY TO SOME CHARLATANS RUNNING A CHURCH"

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Man must do more good things to accumulate more good karma. Then at least death for him might be less painful.

What crap you saying?
More good things? As if the smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY ever did anything good for Sinkies other than for his own fucking family?

That bastard did the most rotten things to all of us for much of his life including the death of countless people when he was working for the Kempei Tai

May his death be very very painful and unbearable to him until he wish he eat joss sticks

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of you have the courage to sign the AMD ?

Those who are quick to sign the darn AMD could be their GREATEST mistake. Technology is advancing so exponentially that what is considered a hopeless case could very well be curable and treatable one month or one week if not one day later!

And for those who suddenly have a change of heart at the last moment and want to cling on to life, there could be no chance as they might not be strong enough to communicate to their medical executioners. Dying from ENFORCED starvation by removal of the feeding tube could be a more painful way to go as the gastric juices auto digest one's stomach layer by layer.

The TRULY courageous are the ones who dare to face death naturally with all its pains and not those who wish a quick painless death.

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I recall, his first two books are pretty okay since they are just telling his story and the history of Singapore, etc. However, it is from his perspective so when you reach the part of his struggles against his various enemies, take it with a grain of salt and think carefully about his assertions that his enemies were so cunning, etc, etc. I mean, if they were really that good or merciless, why were they not victorious? And if they were that, what does it say about him?

*Chuckles*

His "hard truths" book reveals the extent of his own prejudices, biases and personal demons and I think the only thing I took away from it is not to be aware at all times and not fall into the trap of self-rationalisation. One of the greatest exercise of self-rationalisation was when he decided to expound on the reasons why the Scandinavian and various European countries are successful despite choosing a completely different path from the other Western nations (especially the United States) and why that way will not work in Singapore.

I mean, my only thought was "Wow, did you really need to go on such a tangent to justify your own actions?"

Seems like he spends a lot of time reconciling his "principles".
Is it that difficult? I thought all along he follows the very fundamental principle of having no principles. Haha
Thanks. I think I will pass then.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those who are quick to sign the darn AMD could be their GREATEST mistake. Technology is advancing so exponentially that what is considered a hopeless case could very well be curable and treatable one month or one week if not one day later!

And for those who suddenly have a change of heart at the last moment and want to cling on to life, there could be no chance as they might not be strong enough to communicate to their medical executioners. Dying from ENFORCED starvation by removal of the feeding tube could be a more painful way to go as the gastric juices auto digest one's stomach layer by layer.

The TRULY courageous are the ones who dare to face death naturally with all its pains and not those who wish a quick painless death.

Thank you for your comments. I do agree with you.
But for the chronically sick on life-support in ICU, a human vegetable languishing away and draining the family financial resources, it is better to get the AMD signed and let the doctors do their job. Die with dignity and die with courage.But do not suffer the family and your dependents. Yes, technology can do just that much. It's pointless to stay alive, sans teeth, sans eyes, sans ears, sans brains and sans everything. I would love to surrender graciously and with dignity. I do not want my dependents to suffer on my account.Many families have been impoverished by massive medical bills.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
all of us will have to face mr death
so there is nothing to fear
we cannot plan much
karma is still the hidden force to be reckoned with
when where how we go, nobody know
good luck and take care

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He had to be aided by two security officers to walk to the microphone.

These are symtoms of a lau-yeow-siew who is undergoing the process of boh-hor-see.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My personal score for LKY is 51% /49%,so I believe that his dying wish MAY be granted,amen

It not his dying wish this fella is fearful of, it the other side that he knows he is going to.

He might have wanted it quick for that he knows what he can do to achieve it.

He is no moron.

This fella deep inside holds no remorse, makes no amends and even when the grim reaper comes for him, he will even spite the reaper in an attempt to want the reaper to do things HIS way!

You need to review your personal score, urgently! LOL

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He knows what is waiting for him 'on the other side'

220px-Lim_Chin_Siong_ekk.jpg

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, LKY's statement is stupid. Who would not want a swift, painless death? Has anyone out there publicly asked for a lingering, painful death?