• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kan Ni Na Buey Chao Chee Bye

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is cos hokkein is a crude language. Even when counting..hokkein is crude. Some hokkeins defend it by saying spore hokkein is crude. Normal hokkein in taiwan etc not like tat..but its nothing but bs. Hokkein in taiwan have as much decency as a drunken sailor.

Speaking of hokkien pengs can someone tell me why do people that communicate primarily in hokkien always seem to act like gangsters? People that primarily speak in hokkien most of the time seem to be like an inch away from cursing in hokkien vulgarities. You don't see that with people that speak another language. An English language speaker doesn't seem to be cussing all the time in fact it seems to be the opposite even though there are many cuss and vulgar words in English. Yet somehow no matter what a typical speaker of English just seems more high class than a typical speaker of hokkien. It just seems that a person that communicates most of the time in hokkien is somehow pretty crude in behavior regardless of his social status.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is cos hokkein is a crude language. Even when counting..hokkein is crude. Some hokkeins defend it by saying spore hokkein is crude. Normal hokkein in taiwan etc not like tat..but its nothing but bs. Hokkein in taiwan have as much decency as a drunken sailor.

And this is a highly vulgar Hokkien song. I am appalled MDA didn't ban it. :mad:

[video=youtube;wflMFaDSJDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wflMFaDSJDo[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hmmm ok.

anyway in the army if someone comes from a hokkien peng platoon he's someone that most likely is lowly educated, boorish. maybe even an ss member etc. I'm just curious why is it like this.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also most ah bengs r hokkeins... n I know mudland hokkeins who have real name is Beng n Seng...so they dont mind being called Ah Beng n Ah Seng. .but also it seems ah beng meaning is uniquely singaporean.
hmmm ok.

anyway in the army if someone comes from a hokkien peng platoon he's someone that most likely is lowly educated, boorish. maybe even an ss member etc. I'm just curious why is it like this.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also most ah bengs r hokkeins... n I know mudland hokkeins who have real name is Beng n Seng...so they dont mind being called Ah Beng n Ah Seng. .but also it seems ah beng meaning is uniquely singaporean.

Not really but to be considered ah beng in sinkland you need to speak hokkien.

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
this chow cheebye song very vulgar.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GpDAkdotVZ4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UxORt3yGTfw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
proves my point about the hokkein language

this chow cheebye song very vulgar.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GpDAkdotVZ4?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" height="360" width="640" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UxORt3yGTfw?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" height="360" width="640" frameborder="0"></iframe>