• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just to check = so unvaxxed people still can go to malls until 19 Oct ??

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes u can. When the clock strikes 12 midnight on 20th, u will be barred from entering any malls in sinkapore, a stupid place run by stupid people.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
reminder to everyone who has suffered so much-vote the PAP out !
Big call. But only for the 10% unvaxxed who are not going to vote for them anyway...

The rest of us 90% will continue life normally and looking forward to a post-pandemic future.

Won't change anything. Sorry.

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big call. But only for the 10% unvaxxed who are not going to vote for them anyway...

The rest of us 90% will continue life normally and looking forward to a post-pandemic future.

Won't change anything. Sorry.
U are logic, commonsense flawed to equate puppies supporters as vaxxed. I.e., u have no logic and commonsense.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are vaccinated, why fear the unvaccinated?
It's the unvaccinated who should fear the vaccinated. The government has already passed a law to forbid the unvaccinated from entering malls and eating outlets where only the vaccinated are present. And the government has also explained that the restrictions are there to protect the unvaccinated.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's the unvaccinated who should fear the vaccinated. The government has already passed a law to forbid the unvaccinated from entering malls and eating outlets where only the vaccinated are present. And the government has also explained that the restrictions are there to protect the unvaccinated.

In Alberta we have no restrictions on group sizes for dine in patrons. As long as everyone above age 12 is vaccinated they are all good to go.

Why does Singapore persist with restrictions like only 2 persons in a dine in group?

As correctly stated it is the unvaccinated who are at much higher risk. Not the vaccinated.

Eventually Singapore will need to lift all restrictions. Has the MTF discussed what criteria will determine when they can do it? ICU numbers below a certain number? Hospitalizations below a certain level? Below a certain number for new cases? They should. It is all about forward planning. It is also good to put it out so people understand and can ride along watching the numbers and what they would mean to them. Also they can put out numbers saying if numbers go up again past a certain threshold then the restriction come back.

Now it seems haphazard all over no consistency according to whims and fancy.

They can always put caveats that these numbrs apply only to current delta variant. If a new variant becomes dominant things could change as well.

Be moe systematic.

P.S. I hate using the term vaccinated because I still hope it carries the synonymous meaning with immunity but not in the covid vaccine situation.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Forgive me for asking. So why don't you get vaccinated and be done with it? Sinopharm, novavax if you're not a fan of mRNA.
Damn good point glockman!

There are all the non mRNA alternatives. Some protection better than none. Also if got the non mRNA vaccine then they dont have these restrictions.

So why? I think the whole "oh I am against mRNA!" "Hey Pfizer is evil" stuff is just.....excuses.

I could be wrong. Maybe @JHolmesJr Can share with is why he wont take sinovac or sinopharm? They are non mRNA right? Dont trust China? Ok what about Novavac which is a protein subunit vaccine?

https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/emea/four-types-covid-19-vaccine-snapshot

Home Toggle navigation

EMEA
Population Health

The four types of COVID-19 vaccine – a snapshot​

There are four main types of vaccines currently approved, in approval or being considered in the MENA region in its fight against COVID-19.
By Rachel McArthur
January 21, 2021
04:03 AM

patient-getting-vaccine-getty_0_0.jpg

Credit: Shannon Stapleton/Getty Images
Over the past month, a number of COVID-19 vaccines have been approved for general or emergency use in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Understandably, there remains confusion over which one to choose – for example, should it be based on technology? On which one has the most advantages? Or simply on the one a country’s government chooses?
We’re not here to tell you which type of vaccine to choose - that is, and should be, your own choice. However, what we can agree on is that all vaccines work by exposing the human body to particles or molecules that trigger an immune response, thus protecting the subject from future infection. The key difference between the four main types of vaccines is the method of exposure used.
Here are the key differences.
1) WHOLE VIRUS VACCINE
Vaccines include:
Sinopharm, Sinovac
Number of doses required: 2 doses, intramuscular
Other licensed vaccines that use this type of technology: Hepatitis A, polio, rabies (all inactivated type)
What to know: The whole virus vaccine uses a weakened or deactivated form of the pathogen that causes COVID-19 to trigger protective immunity to it.
The two vaccines mentioned above – Sinopharm and Sinovac – both use inactivated pathogens, therefore they cannot infect cells and replicate, but can trigger an immune response.
Benefits: According to Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance (GAVI), the advantages of an inactivated whole virus vaccine include the fact its technology is well established, it is suitable for people with compromised immune systems, and it’s relatively simple to manufacture.
Challenges: Booster shots may be required.

Home Toggle navigation

EMEA
Population Health

There are four main types of vaccines currently approved, in approval or being considered in the MENA region in its fight against COVID-19.
By Rachel McArthur
January 21, 2021

Over the past month, a number of COVID-19 vaccines have been approved for general or emergency use in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Understandably, there remains confusion over which one to choose – for example, should it be based on technology? On which one has the most advantages? Or simply on the one a country’s government chooses?
We’re not here to tell you which type of vaccine to choose - that is, and should be, your own choice. However, what we can agree on is that all vaccines work by exposing the human body to particles or molecules that trigger an immune response, thus protecting the subject from future infection. The key difference between the four main types of vaccines is the method of exposure used.
1) WHOLE VIRUS VACCINE
Vaccines include:
Sinopharm, Sinovac
Other licensed vaccines that use this type of technology: Hepatitis A, polio, rabies (all inactivated type)
What to know: The whole virus vaccine uses a weakened or deactivated form of the pathogen that causes COVID-19 to trigger protective immunity to it.
The two vaccines mentioned above – Sinopharm and Sinovac – both use inactivated pathogens, therefore they cannot infect cells and replicate, but can trigger an immune response.
Benefits: According to Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance (GAVI), the advantages of an inactivated whole virus vaccine include the fact its technology is well established, it is suitable for people with compromised immune systems, and it’s relatively simple to manufacture.

4) PROTEIN SUBUNIT
Vaccines include:
Novavax
Other licensed vaccines that use this type of technology: Hepatitis B, meningococcal disease, pneumococcal disease, shingles
What to know: The protein subunit vaccine contains purified “pieces” of a pathogen rather than the whole pathogen to trigger an immune response. It is thought that by restricting the immune system to the whole pathogen, the risk of side effects is minimised.
Benefits: The protein subunit vaccination is also a well-established technology that’s advantageous for those with compromised immune systems.
Challenges: This type of vaccine is relatively complex to manufacture, and adjuvants and booster shots may be required.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Damn good point glockman!

There are all the non mRNA alternatives. Some protection better than none. Also if got the non mRNA vaccine then they dont have these restrictions.

So why? I think the whole "oh I am against mRNA!" "Hey Pfizer is evil" stuff is just.....excuses.

I could be wrong. Maybe @JHolmesJr Can share with is why he wont take sinovac or sinopharm? They are non mRNA right? Dont trust China? Ok what about Novavac which is a protein subunit vaccine?

https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/emea/four-types-covid-19-vaccine-snapshot

Home Toggle navigation

EMEA
Population Health

By Rachel McArthur
January 21, 2021

1) WHOLE VIRUS VACCINE
Vaccines include:
Sinopharm, Sinovac

Home Toggle navigation

EMEA
Population Health

By Rachel McArthur
January 21, 2021

1) WHOLE VIRUS VACCINE
Vaccines include:
Sinopharm, Sinovac

4) PROTEIN SUBUNIT
Vaccines include:
Novavax
Other licensed vaccines that use this type of technology: Hepatitis B, meningococcal disease, pneumococcal disease, shingles
What to know: The protein subunit vaccine contains purified “pieces” of a pathogen rather than the whole pathogen to trigger an immune response. It is thought that by restricting the immune system to the whole pathogen, the risk of side effects is minimised.
Benefits: The protein subunit vaccination is also a well-established technology that’s advantageous for those with compromised immune systems.
Challenges: This type of vaccine is relatively complex to manufacture, and adjuvants and booster shots may be required.
I got vaxxed because I detest the restrictions imposed on the unvaxxed. It was more a protest than health considerations, really.:biggrin: I also wanted to wait for novavax but it's been delayed in the US. Still not sure when it'll reach our shores. And like you said, Some protection better than none. So I figured why not!

FYI, two of my anti-vax anti-mRNA relatives got their sinopharm jab last week. They finally understood that life would be tougher otherwise (cannot go supermarket was the final straw for them, they then threw in the towel). Fact of life in SG, what the pap wants, the pap gets.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe @JHolmesJr Can share with is why he wont take sinovac or sinopharm? They are non mRNA right? Dont trust China? Ok what about Novavac which is a protein subunit vaccine?

It's a risk-benefit analysis...Im not in a high risk category. Not obese. No underlying conditions like
hypertension, heart issues or blood sugar problems. My resting pulse rate is that of a finely conditioned athlete.
Does this mean Im invincible and won't die if I get covid? I dont know, but Im willing to roll the dice.
It's a personal health decision...I will never vax myself to make some unhealthy, obese fucker feel safer or
less threatened by disease.

Plus I will never take a vax that has been rolled out in a year when the normal safety protocols demand 10-15
years of trials and development. Many corners and safety processes are circumvented in the former way.

However, I know many members here are senior citizens and I'd certainly not talk them out of considering it.
If they feel it's right fro them. Inform yourself before you give consent. Don't let anyone shame or coerce you
into taking it because before they jab you, they will make you sign a form that says you want this jab, so later
you can't post a finger at them

Many of my good fiends are very smart people and fully vaxxed on mrna but that's their decision.

We have a rule: we do not ask each other vaxx status and probe each others choices. I only found
out they vaxxed because they told me and I never made them feel bad about it.
No point....once vaxxed cannot unvax so save my breath.

Good luck to all, whatever you decide.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Plus I will never take a vax that has been rolled out in a year when the normal safety protocols demand 10-15
years of trials and development. Many corners and safety processes are circumvented in the former way.
Just to share what Paul Tambyah said regarding what you mentioned above, and the video where he said it :

When queried on whether the vaccines were reliable, Tambyah pointed out that the science behind the vaccines was not completely new given that they were based on SARs research. The SARs research only came to a standstill because SARs was no longer a threat. The COVID vaccines were therefore not formulated from ground zero.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
This the first time mrna tech is being tested on humans...if you took one, you are part of the trials.
Pfizer openly calls Israel their "Lab". If you're up for that be my guest. Not for me.

When to comes to mRNA based vax I will listen to Dr. Robert Malone over this cunt Tambyah.
I'm glad I finally saw his true colours ...every doctor on the MOH register is compromised....as
MOH has them by the balls and can destroy their careers for deviating from the narrative.
I just won't trust them now...because they have changed the science too many times.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It simply means the piss and poop has no confidence whatsoever in the vaccine. Why should those vaxxed be fearful of the unvaxxed if the vaccine is effective ?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's a risk-benefit analysis...Im not in a high risk category. Not obese. No underlying conditions like
hypertension, heart issues or blood sugar problems. My resting pulse rate is that of a finely conditioned athlete.
Does this mean Im invincible and won't die if I get covid? I dont know, but Im willing to roll the dice.
It's a personal health decision...I will never vax myself to make some unhealthy, obese fucker feel safer or
less threatened by disease.

However, I know many members here are senior citizens and I'd certainly not talk them out of considering it.
If they feel it's right fro them. Inform yourself before you give consent. Don't let anyone shame or coerce you
into taking it because before they jab you, they will make you sign a form that says you want this jab, so later
you can't post a finger at them

Many of my good fiends are very smart people and fully vaxxed on mrna but that's their decision.

We have a rule: we do not ask each other vaxx status and probe each others choices. I only found
out they vaxxed because they told me and I never made them feel bad about it.
No point....once vaxxed cannot unvax so save my breath.

Good luck to all, whatever you decide.
Thanks for this post. Helps me understand you better.

I have to say I fully respecr your decision not to vax. Everyone should have that personal choice when it comes to medical matters. Patient autonomy 100%.

As long as they accept the risks and possible harms they can have whether they take the vaccine or not.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
This the first time mrna tech is being tested on humans...if you took one, you are part of the trials.
Pfizer openly calls Israel their "Lab". If you're up for that be my guest. Not for me.

When to comes to mRNA based vax I will listen to Dr. Robert Malone over this cunt Tambyah.
I'm glad I finally saw his true colours ...every doctor on the MOH register is compromised....as
MOH has them by the balls and can destroy their careers for deviating from the narrative.
I just won't trust them now...because they have changed the science too many times.
I think it is pretty much the same across developed world except maybe USA. Doctors are quite the conformist obedient type of professional generally.

In medical school we have seen those who dont fit this profile struggle in the system. It gets a bit better or worse after graduation depending whether the dr is a people type person. If people type they know how to play the game with patients. Those not people one jia lat.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Yes of course, we have the choice of selecting who/where our data/info come from. But why Robert Malone? Because he invented mRNA (which he did not)? Or his research?

For me, Tambyah is the best local source, the most qualified here. So I trust the man.:biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yes of course, we have the choice of selecting who/where our data/info come from. But why Robert Malone? Because he invented mRNA (which he did not)? Or his research?

For me, Tambyah is the best local source, the most qualified here. So I trust the man.:biggrin:
Prof Tambyah is the President Elect of the International Society for Infectious Diseases.

https://isid.org/about-the-international-society-for-infectious-diseases/executivecommittee/

First President from Asia.

Having said that his expertise is as an ID physician and not a vaccine researcher etc. But I think he should still be qualified enough to advise on the covid vaccines.