• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SPG ChioBUs traumatised by Siam Paragon Shooting

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

‘Most people were crying’: Singaporean recounts fleeing from Siam Paragon shooting​

yusabkkcollage0510b.png

Ms Amanda Tay (left) and Ms Vanessa Han were on a five-day vacation in Bangkok. Ms Han fell during the chaos at Siam Paragon mall and had minor abrasions on her right leg. PHOTOS: COURTESY OF VANESSA HAN
sarahkoh.png

Sarah Koh

SINGAPORE - Singaporeans Vanessa Han and Amanda Tay were paying for groceries at Bangkok’s Siam Paragon on Tuesday when they suddenly saw at least 50 people screaming and running through the supermarket.
Little did they know there was a shooter on the prowl who would go on to kill a Chinese and a Myanmar national.
“Initially, I didn’t react because coming from Singapore, we always feel very safe, so I didn’t think much of it,” Ms Han, 25, said over the phone with The Straits Times on Thursday. She and Ms Tay were on a five-day holiday in the Thai capital city.

But the duo, who had not heard any gunshots, sensed something was not right after seeing the faces of the terrified crowd and the cashier’s look of shock. Without even knowing what was happening, they followed their instincts and bolted towards the nearest mall exit, along with other people.
Ms Han and Ms Tay, 28, were among hundreds of people who fled after the lone gunman opened fire in one of Bangkok’s busiest luxury shopping malls on Tuesday afternoon.
Two people were killed and five others were injured, said the authorities. The suspected assailant, a 14-year-old boy, was apprehended shortly after at the mall.

At a loss on what to do and where to go, Ms Han and Ms Tay headed towards Siam Kempinski Hotel, which is adjacent to Siam Paragon, to seek refuge after seeing people running towards it.

“But inside the hotel lobby, it was quite scary as well, as people were just running around and most people were crying,” said Ms Han, who added that the pair initially thought there was a bomb or a terrorist attack.
“So we went out to the porch of the hotel to hide behind bushes and police cars. Everyone said stay low, which was why we were squatting down.”
While trying to crouch down, Ms Han fell and had abrasions and bruises on her leg after a panicking woman pushed her from behind.

The Singaporeans struggled to find out more information at the hotel as most people around them were locals who could not speak English, said Ms Han, who works as an assistant brand manager.
They began to put two and two together after overhearing words such as “gun” and “shooting”, and seeing two crying girls using their hands to signal a gun.

When the situation became slightly calmer at the hotel, Ms Han texted her family and boyfriend to let them know about the shooting. Over the next eight hours, she shared her live location with them over WhatsApp and Telegram.
“They just wanted to keep hearing from me, because the worst thing for them was if they could not get any replies,” said Ms Han.
yusabkkcollage0510_4.jpg

Ms Vanessa Han texted her family and boyfriend to let them know about the shooting. PHOTOS: COURTESY OF VANESSA HAN
She added that her worried mum went to a temple the next day to pray for her. Her mother also stayed up till 3am on Thursday to wait for her to get home.
Ms Han and Ms Tay left Siam Kempinski after about four hours there, and made the 30-minute walk back to their hotel in ponchos under the rain. They did not take a cab as they wanted to avoid traffic congestion and flooded roads.
After the incident, the fear of going to another mall made them ditch their initial plans to visit the Big C hypermarket and other malls on Wednesday. Instead, the women chose to spend their last day in Bangkok at a spin class and getting a massage near their hotel.
aishoot0410_4.jpg

Thai police arrested the teenage gunman (left) who is suspected of killing two foreigners and wounding five people in a shooting spree on Oct 3. PHOTOS: AFP, TAN TAM MEI
Describing the incident as “traumatising”, Ms Han said while the pair were at Siam Kempinski with no official news on what was happening, she saw rumours on social media app Xiaohongshu that there could be more than one gunman.
She said: “I couldn’t sleep until around 3am or 4am on Tuesday night, not because I heard the gunshots, but seeing everyone so scared made me overthink a little. I kept thinking, what if they didn’t catch everyone?”
2023-10-04T044403Z249053432RC2GL3ARKUC0RTRMADP3THAILAND-MALL_4.JPG

A bullet mark on a glass panel at Siam Paragon shopping mall. PHOTO: REUTERS
The two women returned to Singapore early on Thursday morning.
“Since Covid-19, this is my first time back in Bangkok, but before that, I would visit every year or once in two years with family and friends,” said Ms Han.
“But after this, I don’t think I’ll be coming back to Bangkok in the next five years,” she added.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people are just pure stupid.
What is the probability of dying in a mass shooting vs probability of dying from a road traffic accident, especially motorcycles?
I don't see spgs traumatised by the numbers or they not aware of the numbers ? Many spgs are still riding motorcycles and pillion ridings.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people are just pure stupid.
What is the probability of dying in a mass shooting vs probability of dying from a road traffic accident, especially motorcycles?
I don't see spgs traumatised by the numbers or they not aware of the numbers ? Many spgs are still riding motorcycles and pillion ridings.
Really wasting all the educations and xia suay to be brand manager.
Even every year there will confirm be mass shooting with dead casualties, the number will still be far below than that of dying from rta motorcycles.

Last edited:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really wasting all the educations and xia suay to be brand manager.
Even every week there will confirm be mass shooting with 2 dead casualties, the number will still be far below than that of dying from rta motorcycles.

Dear, Mr sbfuncle.

DO have some EMPATHY for others, & based it NOT upon HINDSIGHT.

None KNOWS exactly WHAT actually happened, more so after the Bombay terrorist attack on 26 November 2008, where sadly, our beloved INNOCENT citizen was slaughtered. It is only NATURAL for fear & panic to creep in.

You too would had done the same as others - to panic upon the UNKNOWN, as NONE knew exactly WHAT was going on at time - one or more or even a rogue military division at work, even if you cared ONLY for your own life in such a situation, but there will be others - your loved ones & even friends whom you may had just met & developed trust & relationship, to be ABANDONED by your personal impulse decision so that you may live & they die...

To be calm & decisive is NOT natural in Humankind, more so those whom lived life in safe, secured & sheltered lives.

It takes experiences, even sad experiences, to learn as learning is the only we flawed mortals can progress from mistakes made. We Humankind live in a REALITIVELY peaceful world today, thanks to efforts & sacrifices of so many, so many thru difficulties to progress CIVILIZATION as we know it today. It is still NOT perfect, but perfection does not exists in mortals as we are all flawed, with so many temptations that abounds.

The insignificant nobody me apologize for my long post & none needs to read it. It is just something from my heart - compassion for others whom were in the thick of the unknown, relating their experiences, & something which we should never judge upon based by HINDSIGHT....

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear, Mr sbfuncle.

DO have some EMPATHY for others, & based it NOT upon HINDSIGHT.

None KNOWS exactly WHAT actually happened, more so after the Bombay terrorist attack on 26 November 2008, where sadly, our beloved INNOCENT citizen was slaughtered. It is only NATURAL for fear & panic to creep in.

You too would had done the same as others - to panic upon the UNKNOWN, as NONE knew exactly WHAT was going on at time - one or more or even a rogue military division at work, even if you cared ONLY for your own life in such a situation, but there will be others - your loved ones & even friends whom you may had just met & developed trust & relationship, to be ABANDONED by your personal impulse decision so that you may live & they die...

To be calm & decisive is NOT natural in Humankind, more so those whom lived life in safe, secured & sheltered lives.

It takes experiences, even sad experiences, to learn as learning is the only we flawed mortals can progress from mistakes made. We Humankind live in a REALITIVELY peaceful world today, thanks to efforts & sacrifices of so many, so many thru difficulties to progress CIVILIZATION as we know it today. It is still NOT perfect, but perfection does not exists in mortals as we are all flawed, with so many temptations that abounds.

The insignificant nobody me apologize for my long post & none needs to read it. It is just something from my heart - compassion for others whom were in the thick of the unknown, relating their experiences, & something which we should never judge upon based by HINDSIGHT....

唐僧来咯!
唐僧.jpg

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my .. I think crown prince of Johore and her can be a couple.
One tramatize , one is being afraid.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal

‘Most people were crying’: Singaporean recounts fleeing from Siam Paragon shooting​

yusabkkcollage0510b.png

Ms Amanda Tay (left) and Ms Vanessa Han were on a five-day vacation in Bangkok. Ms Han fell during the chaos at Siam Paragon mall and had minor abrasions on her right leg. PHOTOS: COURTESY OF VANESSA HAN
sarahkoh.png

Sarah Koh

SINGAPORE - Singaporeans Vanessa Han and Amanda Tay were paying for groceries at Bangkok’s Siam Paragon on Tuesday when they suddenly saw at least 50 people screaming and running through the supermarket.
Little did they know there was a shooter on the prowl who would go on to kill a Chinese and a Myanmar national.
“Initially, I didn’t react because coming from Singapore, we always feel very safe, so I didn’t think much of it,” Ms Han, 25, said over the phone with The Straits Times on Thursday. She and Ms Tay were on a five-day holiday in the Thai capital city.

But the duo, who had not heard any gunshots, sensed something was not right after seeing the faces of the terrified crowd and the cashier’s look of shock. Without even knowing what was happening, they followed their instincts and bolted towards the nearest mall exit, along with other people.
Ms Han and Ms Tay, 28, were among hundreds of people who fled after the lone gunman opened fire in one of Bangkok’s busiest luxury shopping malls on Tuesday afternoon.
Two people were killed and five others were injured, said the authorities. The suspected assailant, a 14-year-old boy, was apprehended shortly after at the mall.

At a loss on what to do and where to go, Ms Han and Ms Tay headed towards Siam Kempinski Hotel, which is adjacent to Siam Paragon, to seek refuge after seeing people running towards it.

“But inside the hotel lobby, it was quite scary as well, as people were just running around and most people were crying,” said Ms Han, who added that the pair initially thought there was a bomb or a terrorist attack.
“So we went out to the porch of the hotel to hide behind bushes and police cars. Everyone said stay low, which was why we were squatting down.”
While trying to crouch down, Ms Han fell and had abrasions and bruises on her leg after a panicking woman pushed her from behind.

The Singaporeans struggled to find out more information at the hotel as most people around them were locals who could not speak English, said Ms Han, who works as an assistant brand manager.
They began to put two and two together after overhearing words such as “gun” and “shooting”, and seeing two crying girls using their hands to signal a gun.

When the situation became slightly calmer at the hotel, Ms Han texted her family and boyfriend to let them know about the shooting. Over the next eight hours, she shared her live location with them over WhatsApp and Telegram.
“They just wanted to keep hearing from me, because the worst thing for them was if they could not get any replies,” said Ms Han.
yusabkkcollage0510_4.jpg

Ms Vanessa Han texted her family and boyfriend to let them know about the shooting. PHOTOS: COURTESY OF VANESSA HAN
She added that her worried mum went to a temple the next day to pray for her. Her mother also stayed up till 3am on Thursday to wait for her to get home.
Ms Han and Ms Tay left Siam Kempinski after about four hours there, and made the 30-minute walk back to their hotel in ponchos under the rain. They did not take a cab as they wanted to avoid traffic congestion and flooded roads.
After the incident, the fear of going to another mall made them ditch their initial plans to visit the Big C hypermarket and other malls on Wednesday. Instead, the women chose to spend their last day in Bangkok at a spin class and getting a massage near their hotel.
aishoot0410_4.jpg

Thai police arrested the teenage gunman (left) who is suspected of killing two foreigners and wounding five people in a shooting spree on Oct 3. PHOTOS: AFP, TAN TAM MEI
Describing the incident as “traumatising”, Ms Han said while the pair were at Siam Kempinski with no official news on what was happening, she saw rumours on social media app Xiaohongshu that there could be more than one gunman.
She said: “I couldn’t sleep until around 3am or 4am on Tuesday night, not because I heard the gunshots, but seeing everyone so scared made me overthink a little. I kept thinking, what if they didn’t catch everyone?”

“Since Covid-19, this is my first time back in Bangkok, but before that, I would visit every year or once in two years with family and friends,” said Ms Han.
“But after this, I don’t think I’ll be coming back to Bangkok in the next five years,” she added.

Her feet so wide..damn fugly.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

yusabkkcollage0510b.png

sarahkoh.png

Sarah Koh

yusabkkcollage0510_4.jpg

aishoot0410_4.jpg

Why 2 xmm go to siam together hah?