• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just heard from a friend today that she has been retrenched

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget MOM/WDA and all that shit! Gahments spent millions on building them, even giving them fancy offices ..etc but they r officially hopeless in helping u get a job! Or fighting for some retrenchment benefits.. Etc

you ve forgotten the super doper expensive office chairs.........?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget MOM/WDA and all that shit! Gahments spent millions on building them, even giving them fancy offices ..etc but they r officially hopeless in helping u get a job! Or fighting for some retrenchment benefits.. Etc

Yes these people are behaving like administrator only, rather than regulator with teeth. Did anybody hear of any success that MOM did to help address injustice of retrenched workers wrongly replaced by foreigners? In contrast I have heard from two Singaporeans before about how msia govt will protect their citizen workers, you cannot fire them and get away scot-free. I have a friend who fired a msian for poor performance - chinese btw - and was called up for lots of questioning.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know a lot about retrenchment. I have retrenched sinkies and replaced them with foreigners before. And I will do it again! The sinkies I fired were more expensive, less productive and less motivated than my foreigners. Why should I keep them around?

The sinkies I kept were good at their work, pleasant to work with and they were an asset to my organization.

You have no idea about retrenchment when you think it is just about bosses firing sinkies for the sake of bringing in cheap foreigners. Bosses want team players who can add value and bring in more profits to their organizations.

This is a pack of lies. I have worked with many singaporeans and malaysians over the years (hey they are foreigners ok) and there are good and bad performing workers from both nationalities.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel the same way about the PAP gov't. They have gotten lazy, developed an entitlement attitude, paying themselves outrageous salaries,.....

Unfortunately they can "fix" others & game the system, so we can't replace them. As you say, we need team players that will add value to the organisation. However the organisation I'm thinking about is Spore & Sporeans.

The PAP is suppose to work for Spore & Sporeans. Let the foreign gov't look after their own citizens.

Yes let the foreign govt take care of their own citizens. Becos you take good care of these people - give them university scholarships, jobs and HDB while depriving Singaporeans - all kindness will be taken for granted and don't expect an inch of reciprocal kindness. When Singaporeans go to these people home country - not taking their jobs but contributing to their economy - they tell you to fuck off.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes let the foreign govt take care of their own citizens. Becos you take good care of these people - give them university scholarships, jobs and HDB while depriving Singaporeans - all kindness will be taken for granted and don't expect an inch of reciprocal kindness. When Singaporeans go to these people home country - not taking their jobs but contributing to their economy - they tell you to fuck off.

The government spends close to $1 million in scholarship per foreign student. That's the kind of money that sinkees are not given.

jw5

Loyal
The government spends close to $1 million in scholarship per foreign student. That's the kind of money that sinkees are not given.

Worst part is that some of these scholars end up being jiak liao bee gossipy commentators...................... haizzzzz.................... :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Govt give $1m scholarship per foreign student? That's ridiculous while poor local students got to manage on their own or depend on low value bursary and scholarship given by non-govt.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Govt give $1m scholarship per foreign student? That's ridiculous while poor local students got to manage on their own or depend on low value bursary and scholarship given by non-govt.

Yep, that's the amount the government spends to provide scholarship from first degree to Phd and a year of post-grad. And they are sent to the top universities.

Remember that siao China lady who tried to kill her classmates? She attends there with a generous scholarship from the PAP. I say PAP because a sinkapore government that puts our interests first would not splurge on foreigners like the PAP does.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep, that's the amount the government spends to provide scholarship from first degree to Phd and a year of post-grad. And they are sent to the top universities.

Remember that siao China lady who tried to kill her classmates? She attends there with a generous scholarship from the PAP. I say PAP because a sinkapore government that puts our interests first would not splurge on foreigners like the PAP does.

I remember during my time, some clan associations local scholarship was only like $6k a year while company local scholarships paid higher like $8k to $10k a year. So that's the most $30k value scholarship. It is amazing our govt now giving foreigners $1m to study.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember during my time, some clan associations local scholarship was only like $6k a year while company local scholarships paid higher like $8k to $10k a year. So that's the most $30k value scholarship. It is amazing our govt now giving foreigners $1m to study.

Top universities for these foreigners to pick from (no fee is too high), stipend, textbooks and other fees, yearly flight home. The foreigner studies for 9 years, 4 year for first degree, 4 years for Phd and 1 year post grad.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Top universities for these foreigners to pick from (no fee is too high), stipend, textbooks and other fees, yearly flight home. The foreigner studies for 9 years, 4 year for first degree, 4 years for Phd and 1 year post grad.

Looks like no fees is too high indeed for these foreigners. It is OK if the govt give such high value scholarship to select few foreigners I.e real talent who will contribute to the nation, but looks like they are giving away so many and so unselective until can give to some nut case like you gave the example earlier who couldn't even study without poisoning others.

Meanwhile poor locals have to think of fees in study. To cut cost, the best option is to go for non lab, non technical, direct honours course that can be completed in three years and not four.