• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just heard from a friend today that she has been retrenched

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were in the trench, fighting and slogging away for an ungrateful boss. When the boss finally wants them to find another trench, they are retrenched. :biggrin:

please participate in the thread for your wedding. you need to get more sponsors. dr brian yeo sends his congrats to you. he was your psychiatrist after all.

markie

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend has two teenage children and that's already high cost in Spore and much worrying without a job.

gone case leow,,,,,,,,,, now got to compete with ah neh, peenoise, burmese, indon, malusials etc who will ask for half of what she was earning........ who brought in these f trashes by the shiploads>?

jw5

Loyal
nah........ they trusted pap too much not realising that papigs are actually traitors

nah.........., it's the same point, the underlying reason why many sinkies assume that they will have a job forever and continue to enjoy living luxuriously, is because they trusted pap too much. :wink:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah.........., it's the same point, the underlying reason why many sinkies assume that they will have a job forever and continue to enjoy living luxuriously, is because they trusted pap too much. :wink:

how come natural aristocracs not affected????

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a boss, I only retrench the deadweights. The good staff stay on regardless of restructuring. No rational boss would fire a talented staff.

This is very presumptuous. There are many possible reasons for retrenchment or firing, from company having no business to change of focus of business to company sold or change of leadership or company moved overseas to disagreement with boss. And of course another reason - in Singapore only - replacement by foreigners.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is very presumptuous. There are many possible reasons for retrenchment or firing, from company having no business to change of focus of business to company sold or change of leadership or company moved overseas to disagreement with boss. And of course another reason - in Singapore only - replacement by foreigners.

Don't mind JT, he's just shooting off his mouth at things he don't understand! Retrenchment has nothing to do with the person or his job performance. His job is gone due to restructuring, technology .. Etc

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is mistaken, the PAP never lies. :biggrin: Your friend should approach the MP and demand that he orders MOM to take action against the company and reinstate her, firing the foreigners instead.

Will MOM say anything on such retrenchment? Understand standard retrenchment benefits have been paid. But I must say I do not know the details - whether there are foreigners replacing them or is it the company close the business affecting them or what.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will MOM say anything on such retrenchment? Understand standard retrenchment benefits have been paid. But I must say I do not know the details - whether there are foreigners replacing them or is it the company close the business affecting them or what.

Forget MOM/WDA and all that shit! Gahments spent millions on building them, even giving them fancy offices ..etc but they r officially hopeless in helping u get a job! Or fighting for some retrenchment benefits.. Etc

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't mind JT, he's just shooting off his mouth at things he don't understand! Retrenchment has nothing to do with the person or his job performance. His job is gone due to restructuring, technology .. Etc

I know a lot about retrenchment. I have retrenched sinkies and replaced them with foreigners before. And I will do it again! The sinkies I fired were more expensive, less productive and less motivated than my foreigners. Why should I keep them around?

The sinkies I kept were good at their work, pleasant to work with and they were an asset to my organization.

You have no idea about retrenchment when you think it is just about bosses firing sinkies for the sake of bringing in cheap foreigners. Bosses want team players who can add value and bring in more profits to their organizations.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know a lot about retrenchment. I have retrenched sinkies and replaced them with foreigners before. And I will do it again! The sinkies I fired were more expensive, less productive and less motivated than my foreigners. Why should I keep them around?

The sinkies I kept were good at their work, pleasant to work with and they were an asset to my organization.

You have no idea about retrenchment when you think it is just about bosses firing sinkies for the sake of bringing in cheap foreigners. Bosses want team players who can add value and bring in more profits to their organizations.

I feel the same way about the PAP gov't. They have gotten lazy, developed an entitlement attitude, paying themselves outrageous salaries,.....

Unfortunately they can "fix" others & game the system, so we can't replace them. As you say, we need team players that will add value to the organisation. However the organisation I'm thinking about is Spore & Sporeans.

The PAP is suppose to work for Spore & Sporeans. Let the foreign gov't look after their own citizens.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are a lousy boss and you are a traitor. May you rot in hell soon.

Sycophants like you.

Your success is totally dependent on how good you are in sucking up to your master. You are a dog, feeding off the crumbs thrown at you by the master.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I rest my case! The more u 'talk' the more u expose yourself !

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Despite the dyslexia, your logic shines through.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Those sinkie workers are dumb,without the poor lazy unmotivated workers,how are they able to negotiate shorter working hours,better pay and more benefits from their employers?look at the italians,they barely have 30 hour work weeks,two hour siestas and take at least 5 breaks everyday to smoke gangja,they refuse to get out of bed for anything less than $16 an hour.