• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just heard from a friend today that she has been retrenched

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It cannot be true because PAP says foreigners are the ones getting the pink slip. Tell your friend to report to work on Monday. If the boss question, she can tell him that the PAP states that foreigners are the ones to get retrenched, not sinkees.

It's the truth. I am not like lowlife mudlander shit to fabricate rumour to slander others whom I dislike.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
It cannot be true because PAP says foreigners are the ones getting the pink slip. Tell your friend to report to work on Monday. If the boss question, she can tell him that the PAP states that foreigners are the ones to get retrenched, not sinkees.

The Boss will tell you, PAP is like tos street and bar Hookers they only tell you wat is pleasing to ur Ears.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this would not have been a problem if sinkies have been preparing for financial independence since day one,by the time they are 40,they should have at least 20 years time to build their portfolios and sitting on a mountain of assets and passive income by now.ASSI,a singaporean blogger/dividend investor has been investing in the stock market for the past 20 years.....hes now 40 years old and has a networth of 3 to 5 million dollars and is generating more than 160k/year passive income from his reits and stocks.such is a life spent frugally and simplistically and meaningfully contemplating the world of the stock market.right now im in my twenties,even though my income is sub 2k,i have been saving at least 1k a month diligently and investing faithfully preparing for the day of judgement and reckoning and the second coming of the lord almighty dollar dollar bill yall,where the ledgers of our bank balance and our book of monetary sins will be laid bare before the eyes of St peters,where we will be judged and deemed worthy of entering his lord's almighty kingdom which is Temasek Holdings And Goldman Sachs headquarters.

if sinkies are not prepared at all for the retrenchments of their fourties and fifties,how will they ever be prepared for their golden age of retirement ten or fifteen years later?this shows the fault lies not in PAP governance but within Sinkies' themselves.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You never heard change of boss change everything? The company has a change in leadership and a few were affected.

As a boss, I only retrench the deadweights. The good staff stay on regardless of restructuring. No rational boss would fire a talented staff.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a boss, I only retrench the deadweights. The good staff stay on regardless of restructuring. No rational boss would fire a talented staff.

yes boss, i agree with you. dead weights like lim swee say and khaw boon wan should pack up and go rural kampng in malaysia to rear pigs and be a farmer.:biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

by deadweights do u mean thousands of lowly paid workers who actually does the real work around the company?of course u would keep the board of directors which consist of entirely ur friends and cronies and ass kissers and jiak liao bees.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
You never heard change of boss change everything? The company has a change in leadership and a few were affected.

Lucky if is just 'a few' were affected.

This rotting already happening since at least 10+ years ago in MNCs.

Couple of I dealt with before replaced everyone of local citizens from functional directors right down to clerks and secretaries , mostly from boss' home country! Some of these MNCs, yes, globally known companies, went belly up not too long ago.

Another major MNC, a department consisted of mainly people from same village of department head, supposedly dealing with regional business, yet none of the people knew anything of their business, even here in SG where they are based.

Just 'a few' retrenchment is a blessings to those still employed.

FTs create jobs for citizens? Unless MOM is totally transparent to declare all raw statistics, that's a nice laugh to start the week collecting cardboards as excercise for citizens. Immigration is still stamping visa for FT coming to work in SG like printing toilet papers.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky if is just 'a few' were affected.

This rotting already happening since at least 10+ years ago in MNCs.

Couple of I dealt with before replaced everyone of local citizens from functional directors right down to clerks and secretaries , mostly from boss' home country! Some of these MNCs, yes, globally known companies, went belly up not too long ago.

Another major MNC, a department consisted of mainly people from same village of department head, supposedly dealing with regional business, yet none of the people knew anything of their business, even here in SG where they are based.

Just 'a few' retrenchment is a blessings to those still employed.

FTs create jobs for citizens? Unless MOM is totally transparent to declare all raw statistics, that's a nice laugh to start the week collecting cardboards as excercise for citizens. Immigration is still stamping visa for FT coming to work in SG like printing toilet papers.

i love how our country's employment laws are so lax,sinkies being replaced wholesale by fts.....truly tripartism is working well in protecting sinkies rights!!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are doing well, bro.

pray hard that you will not be retrenched b4 you ever get to be financially independent. My guess you are working for chenghu iron rice bowl?

this would not have been a problem if sinkies have been preparing for financial independence since day one,by the time they are 40,they should have at least 20 years time to build their portfolios and sitting on a mountain of assets and passive income by now.ASSI,a singaporean blogger/dividend investor has been investing in the stock market for the past 20 years.....hes now 40 years old and has a networth of 3 to 5 million dollars and is generating more than 160k/year passive income from his reits and stocks.such is a life spent frugally and simplistically and meaningfully contemplating the world of the stock market.right now im in my twenties,even though my income is sub 2k,i have been saving at least 1k a month diligently and investing faithfully preparing for the day of judgement and reckoning and the second coming of the lord almighty dollar dollar bill yall,where the ledgers of our bank balance and our book of monetary sins will be laid bare before the eyes of St peters,where we will be judged and deemed worthy of entering his lord's almighty kingdom which is Temasek Holdings And Goldman Sachs headquarters.

if sinkies are not prepared at all for the retrenchments of their fourties and fifties,how will they ever be prepared for their golden age of retirement ten or fifteen years later?this shows the fault lies not in PAP governance but within Sinkies' themselves.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
true, PAP are the great copycat users, boh limpar che, to copy OK. They are afraid of failure.

Only thing they tried where no devil political parties round the world would try GRC system GE.

i love how our country's employment laws are so lax,sinkies being replaced wholesale by fts.....truly tripartism is working well in protecting sinkies rights!!

jw5

Loyal

Many sinkies are not prepared for this because they assume they will have a job forever and continue to enjoy living luxuriously. :(

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the truth. I am not like lowlife mudlander shit to fabricate rumour to slander others whom I dislike.

It is mistaken, the PAP never lies. :biggrin: Your friend should approach the MP and demand that he orders MOM to take action against the company and reinstate her, firing the foreigners instead.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bosses, these days, are irrational. They only want staff who can lick their boots.

jw5

Loyal
It is mistaken, the PAP never lies. :biggrin: Your friend should approach the MP and demand that he orders MOM to take action against the company and reinstate her, firing the foreigners instead.

The MP will tell her that the foreigners also contribute to GDP, she should try to integrate with the foreigners. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
were people trenched before?

if not, why were they retrenched?

They were in the trench, fighting and slogging away for an ungrateful boss. When the boss finally wants them to find another trench, they are retrenched. :biggrin: