• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Junhong the new coach...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
display_image.php

SINGAPORE: Singapore's women's table tennis team will have a new coach next year - former player Jing Junhong.

She will replace Zhou Shusen, whose contract expires at the end of the year.

Mr Zhou led the team to a shock victory over China at the 2010 World Team Championships, and they won two bronze medals at the recent London Olympics.

Ms Jing will inherit a team that has lost Wang Yuegu to retirement, while Li Jiawei's future remains uncertain.

Hence, it is no surprise Ms Jing said she will focus on grooming young talent.

"The long-term goal is actually to build a good foundation for local talent, and to encourage them (the young players) to go into the national team," she said.
- CNA/cc

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Time to cultivate Singaporeans in all fields. We will be proud of them - win or lose nevermind.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
In short, without Aunti Yuegu and Auntie Jiawei, Jingjiuhong will be fucked.

Just that you can't hire Alex Fergerson to coach Singapore National Team or the lion 12 (Cat 12). It will only ruin Alex's reputation as a most successful soccer manager.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ping pong was, is, and never will be Singapore's national sport. The PAP govt is using table tennis as a vehicle for vain gloryhunting and pro-FT propaganda.

How about cutting funding for table tennis and invest in nurturing local talent for other sports? Weightlifting, gymnastics, athletics, swimming, football etc.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Junhong will go back to her native China and scout for more young players there to represent Sinkie Land..

Local young players in the National table tennis team are just wasting their time.. They'll only have limited opportunities under another China born coach..

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I kept reading that local talent will be discovered and will be nurtured. But in the end, what I see are FTs....sad hor.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Frankly, do we feel proud about the medals?

Personally, I don't.

I will cheer for Singaporeans - win or lose nevermind. At least, I am proud of them.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Junhong will go back to her native China and scout for more young players there to represent Sinkie Land..

Local young players in the National table tennis team are just wasting their time.. They'll only have limited opportunities under another China born coach..

The best ones never leave China. We will only attract the rejected lot who CMI to the Chinese national team.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hard to say....feel a little bit proud initially but later not so. Difficult to describe the feeling.

Frankly, do we feel proud about the medals?

Personally, I don't.

I will cheer for Singaporeans - win or lose nevermind. At least, I am proud of them.