• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Jiuhu To Enter Total Lockdown From June 1 to June 14! Jiuhu Gone Fuck!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1622211852538.png

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia will close all economic and social sectors by implementing a "total lockdown” throughout the country.

The first phase of the lockdown will last from Jun 1 to Jun 14. This move was announced in a media statement posted on Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin’s Facebook page on Friday (May 28) night.

Only essential economic and service sectors listed by the National Security Council will be allowed to operate during Phase 1 of the lockdown, said the statement issued by Prime Minister's Office (PMO).

“This decision was made after taking into account the current situation of COVID-19 transmission in Malaysia with daily case numbers exceeding 8,000 and active cases exceeding 70,000,” the statement read.

More than 2,550 people in Malaysia have died from the disease.

The emergence of more virulent COVID-19 variants also influenced the National Security Council's decision to implement the lockdown.

With the sharp rise in the daily number of COVID-19 cases, hospitals' capacity to treat patients throughout the country are "becoming more limited", the statement added.

If the phase 1 total lockdown is successful in reducing daily COVID-19 cases, the government will implement a four-week phase 2 lockdown by allowing the reopening of a few economic sectors that do not involve large gatherings.

Phase 2 lockdown will last four weeks.

“Once the phase 2 lockdown ends, the next step is phase 3, which is implementing a movement control order (MCO) similar to the current one in effect, where social activities are not allowed and nearly all economic sectors are allowed to operate subject to strict standard operating procedures and limited physical presence at workplaces,” the PMO said.

However, the decision to move from one phase to the next will be subject to the health ministry’s risk assessment, and will be based on the daily caseloads and the hospitals' capacity to treat COVID-19 patients.

The government will ensure the Malaysian public health system will not crumble and that support and assistance will be given to the health ministry to increase hospital capacity, said the PMO.

“The government will also increase the number of vaccine deliveries in the space of the next few weeks in the effort to develop herd immunity in the country.

“As a result of the government’s decision to execute full economic and social shutdown, the finance ministry will detail assistance packages for the people and affected economic sectors,” PMO stated, adding these would be announced in the very near future.

READ: More people in Malaysia to work from home, shorter business hours among new COVID-19 curbs during MCO 3.0
PMO's announcement came as Malaysia set a COVID-19 case record for the fourth straight day with 8,290 new infections, bringing the national total past 549,000.

Sixty-one more COVID-19 fatalities, aged between 27 and 92 were reported, pushing Malaysia's death toll to 2,552.

A nationwide MCO dubbed MCO 3.0 was reimposed in May, when all economic sectors were allowed to operate but people were encouraged to practise "self-lockdown".

Amid calls for the government to impose a full lockdown as cases remained high, the government had announced tightened curbs that mandated more employees to work from home and business operating hours to be shortened.

Mr Muhyiddin, in a May 23 interview, said that while a full lockdown would guarantee people’s safety, there is a risk that the economy could collapse.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...1-14-muhyiddin-covid-19-cases-record-14905394

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last year, apart from the unecessary sabah election, the authorities started detaining illegals after goading to come out for covid testing. So they hid. And eventually clusters emerged from factories snd markets where they work.
And chinese especially just cannot stop partying. Despite being asked to shut, pubs and k-ok's remain open. They only need to serve food to be consideted as a f & b outlet.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Malaysia to impose total nationwide lockdown from June 1-14 as Covid-19 cases hit new record​

Malaysia reported 8,290 new coronavirus cases on May 28, its fourth straight day of record infections.

Malaysia reported 8,290 new coronavirus cases on May 28, its fourth straight day of record infections.PHOTO: BLOOMBERG
shannon.png

Shannon Teoh
Malaysia Bureau Chief
Facebook Twitter

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia will go into a total nationwide lockdown for all social and economic sectors from next Tuesday (June 1) to June 14.

Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin's announcement on Friday (May 28) comes as the country reported 8,290 new coronavirus cases that day, its fourth straight day of record infections. This brings the total cumulative cases since the start of the pandemic to 549,514.

Only essential economic sectors and services will be allowed to operate, Tan Sri Muhyiddin said. This month has seen the country continue to record new highs in Covid-19 infections and deaths, despite putting in place three weeks of moderate restrictions under the movement control order (MCO).

“This decision was made after taking into account the current situation of the Covid-19 outbreak in Malaysia, with daily cases surpassing 8,000 and over 70,000 active cases,” he said in a statement.

“As of today, 2,552 have passed away from this pandemic, and the number of deaths is increasing. The presence of more aggressive variants with higher infectivity also influenced today’s decision.”

The Premier, who just on Sunday insisted a total lockdown would cause more damage by ruining an already ailing economy, added that “hospital capacity nationwide to treat Covid-19 patients is also becoming increasingly limited”.

Malaysia reported 61 deaths from the virus on Friday. This is the first month since the pandemic began last year that more than 1,000 lives have been lost.
Mr Muhyiddin on Friday also outlined an exit strategy from the total shutdown, should it succeed in reducing the number of new Covid-19 cases.

A second phase lasting four weeks will follow, which will allow more sectors to reopen, provided these activities do not involve large gatherings.

Should the situation continue to improve, restrictions will be further eased under a third phase. This will be similar to current movement control rules, where most economic activities - subject to standard operating procedures (SOP) and health protocols - will resume, while social activities will still be barred.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/full-lockdown-for-malaysia-from-june-1-14

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Shannon is a name for female.
Mostly females, but could be unisex.
The name in Irish means " wise river "
Shannon in Ireland ?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Shannon in Ireland ?
Yes, it's an Irish girl's name mainly. I guess our mudlander friend does not mind it. Did you know Charlie is a unisex name too?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shannon in Ireland ?
I didn't even know Vivian is a boy's name until that fucking chup-cheng neh joined the Piss And Poop.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, it's an Irish girl's name mainly. I guess our mudlander friend does not mind it. Did you know Charlie is a unisex name too?
Yes.
It is just a username here.
I am still using the name my parents gave to me at birth, all these decades, as in Surname followed by given names.
Unlike several others, who would change their name on Facebook, to given name then surname

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes.
It is just a username here.
I am still using the name my parents gave to me at birth, all these decades, as in Surname followed by given names.
Unlike several others, who would change their name on Facebook, to given name then surname
Yeah, "christian" names. To appear more hip or to enable foreigners to better remember our names.

Anyway, mudland is widening their lead! They'll be at MCO v4.0 while we're still at CB v1.0. :biggrin:

IMHDOCTOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pointless and futile. It won't make a scrap of difference.

Instead of spreading lies and fake news, why not turn to the truth?

You will feel lighter, more productive and feel less pain.

The path you have chosen will not lead you to positive outcomes, it will only end badly for you as we have seen countless times

kindly contact us for an assessment:

https://www.imh.com.sg/

Institute of Mental Health
http://www.imh.com.sg/
Buangkok Green Medical Park
10 Buangkok View
Singapore 539747

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Donch laugh at others...our own lock down not over yet. Likely to be extended to June 30.