• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB flipped flopped so many rules in short span of time. Most buyers wont be so stupid to get caught. In any case condo bubble is quite established by now. Even a SG company pulled out of land deal to build condo recently.

My biggest worried...
Ban foreigners to own freehold landed like sillypore..
If you observe carefully.. Johor has beem following sg policies in many ways..

I will not be surprise if they announced that...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
My biggest worried...
Ban foreigners to own freehold landed like sillypore..
If you observe carefully.. Johor has beem following sg policies in many ways..

I will not be surprise if they announced that...

that's good for those singaporans who already bought into freehold landed previously at lower prices than 1M currently. I expect more singaporeans who wish to stay in landed and rent out their HDB to rent houses in newer G&G in JB, esp those with some facilities like gym , jogging track, swimming pool. Currently, Rental in JB landed still has better yield than compared to KL. if foreigner banned from buying landed, rentals may trend upwards.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's good for those singaporans who already bought into freehold landed previously at lower prices than 1M currently. I expect more singaporeans who wish to stay in landed and rent out their HDB to rent houses in newer G&G in JB, esp those with some facilities like gym , jogging track, swimming pool. Currently, Rental in JB landed still has better yield than compared to KL. if foreigner banned from buying landed, rentals may trend upwards.

Local buy cheaper than us for landed and when foreigners are banned from buying freehold landed..it effectively means we can only sell to local.. do you think they will buy? As a matter of fact.. we are often deem stupid by local perception as stupid as we paying more with the same type of properties.... sianz..

If you read the recent sultan statement.. there is telltale signa about changes in freehold land properties..

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry bro, I don't quite get you....on the "changes in freehold land properties".... you mean to ban Foreigners to buy landed properties in JB??

Local buy cheaper than us for landed and when foreigners are banned from buying freehold landed..it effectively means we can only sell to local.. do you think they will buy? As a matter of fact.. we are often deem stupid by local perception as stupid as we paying more with the same type of properties.... sianz..

If you read the recent sultan statement.. there is telltale signa about changes in freehold land properties..

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
We now live on the Internet area... Anything can be checked in a few minutes. It's best you make your own research before making such statements.

I have enclosed the schedules for the Beiging- Shangai HSR for your reference.

http://www.beijingchina.net.cn/transportation/train/train-to-shanghai.html#part2

Please note that this line has over 1,300 km compared to the 350 km KL-Singapore HSR. Longer HSR lines tend to have lesser frequencies compared to shorter HSR.

For instance, the Nanjing to Shangai (300 km) Intercity HSR has trains running at 5 to 15 intervals.

http://www.chinatrainguide.com/shanghai-railway-station/nanjing.html

From the above list, we should only look at the Gxxx and Dxxx trains, which are the high speed rail ones.

It's amazing the frequency right?

We could take the Taiwan HSR (340 km) as a benchmark for the KL-singapore HSR as well.

http://www5.thsrc.com.tw/en/

Just put Taipei to Zuoning and you will see the amazing frequencies.

For your info, as I explained before, the Taiwanese HSR trainsets have capacities above 1,000 passenger per train, which is bigger than the train sets circulating in the circle line and downtown line.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
So in conclusion, we have amazing frequencies and incredible train capacities... A truly catalyst for Nusajaya!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
We now live on the Internet area... Anything can be checked in a few minutes. It's best you make your own research before making such statements.

http://www.beijingchina.net.cn/transportation/train/train-to-shanghai.html#part2

Please note that this line has over 1,300 km compared to the 350 km KL-Singapore HSR. Longer HSR lines tend to have lesser frequencies compared to shorter HSR.

For instance, the Nanjing to Shangai (300 km) Intercity HSR has trains running at 5 to 15 intervals.

http://www.chinatrainguide.com/shanghai-railway-station/nanjing.html

From the above list, we should only look at the Gxxx and Dxxx trains, which are the high speed rail ones.

It's amazing the frequency right?

We could take the Taiwan HSR (340 km) as a benchmark for the KL-singapore HSR as well.

http://www5.thsrc.com.tw/en/

Just put Taipei to Zuoning and you will see the amazing frequencies.

For your info, as I explained before, the Taiwanese HSR trainsets have capacities above 1,000 passenger per train, which is bigger than the train sets circulating in the circle line and downtown line.

Frequency needs to be supported by passengers. Unless the price is competitive, demand may not be high enough to justify high frequency.

Dunno what happen to e boatride from Raffles to Puteri Harbour.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Non bumi pay same price as foreigners, except for some fees that r slightly higher.

Dun think it will be implemented so soon, as it benefits nobody in power. Unless there is huge public outcry near election.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Non bumi pay same price as foreigners, except for some fees that r slightly higher.

Dun think it will be implemented so soon, as it benefits nobody in power. Unless there is huge public outcry near election.

hope that it wouldn't happened.

have been to a few projects see see look look since 2009..
I have encountered a 2 occasions i was quoted RM528k & 544k respectively).
on curiosity, i asked my local non bumi friend to get quote and was surprise to learn that the price was lower by 11.2% and 14%. The properties is non bumi lot..

I asked agent why the price gap.. they gave lame excuse such as 500k minimum purchase requirement and by raising to 528k and 544k, they are helping us to acquire a properties which otherwise not possible to purchase.

I did not buy at the end...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

on curiosity, i asked my local non bumi friend to get quote and was surprise to learn that the price was lower by 11.2% and 14%. The properties is non bumi lot..

I asked agent why the price gap.. they gave lame excuse such as 500k minimum purchase requirement and by raising to 528k and 544k, they are helping us to acquire a properties which otherwise not possible to purchase.

Maybe this might happen for properties just undet $1mil RM now.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fair enough. I think my point has been made. There are existing HSR lines that can have very frequent services as shown on my post.

So now, the key question is the expected ridership numbers. I fully agree that the frequencies will mostly depend on the actual demand, which is turn will depend on the pricing of the tickets. SPAD, the malaysian authority, has already indicated that their goal is to maximize the passenger numbers, and for that purpose, they will price the tickets as competitive as possible. Expect something like 75 SGD for a SIN-KL one way trip. Cheaper fares might be available if tickets are bought in advance.

Frequency needs to be supported by passengers. Unless the price is competitive, demand may not be high enough to justify high frequency.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok, sorry for my mistake because I had based on my experience when I took it in May 2012. Never thought it would have upgraded so much by now.

Come what may, there will definitely won't be the same ridership capacity for the JB-KL HSR to justify a high frequency as compared to the Shanghai-Beijing HSR. Just compare the populations in JB (and even if it were to be combined with Sinkie Land) and KL against Shanghai and Beijing respectively.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, sorry for my mistake because I had based on my experience when I took it in May 2012. Never thought it would have upgraded so much by now.

Come what may, there will definitely won't be the same ridership capacity for the JB-KL HSR to justify a high frequency as compared to the Shanghai-Beijing HSR. Just compare the populations in JB (and even if it were to be combined with Sinkie Land) and KL against Shanghai and Beijing respectively.

SG may not want to jeopardise SIA.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

there will always be naysayer who think others are "stupid" for buying so and so. anyway ppl are entitled to their own opinion. i remember long time ago quite a number of ppl said those who bought desa park city in kepong was stupid for buying so expensive in kepong. they kept quiet after they saw the finished product :smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

maybe you should have. you would definitely have made some money. although i understand why you didn't. as for the gap, it's very strange how come developer do that, seem like it's biased. which developer, and which projects, care to elaborate? could it be that those unit quoted at lower price is due to other factor ie maybe your higher price were for better facing or etc?

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we all agree that the HSR is only feasible if both Singapore and Kuala Lumpur take part. And internal HSR within Malaysia would never be economical feasible based on existing conditions.

The expected population along the Singapore-KL corridor will hit more than 20 million by the time the HSR is completed in late 2020.

Klang Valley: 10 Million
Singpore/Iskandar Malaysia: 8 million
Melaka/ Seremban/Batu Pahat/Muar= 2 million

So now we have 20,000,000 population within 90 minutes of HSR.

If you look at the frequencies of Taiwan HSR, you will notice that frequencies can hit 5 trains per hour during peak periods. The existing population of Taiwan is 23 million but given that the HSR only serves the west cost of Taiwan, the population served by the HSR might be at around 20 million. (Like Malayasia, most of the population in taiwan lives in the west coast)

Last edited: