• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lower the quantum, the easier it is to sell. Anything below $1 mil RM is more acceptable to locals. Recent landed property launches in $6xxk - $8xxk RM have done quite well, despite the $1 mil RM foreigners' restriction.

exactly, you spoke my mind. AH Kiara 2 cluster 888k 30-40 units mostly gone within a day, ecosummer 658k terrace mostly gone within a day. these are malaysian buyers. don't forget SPR's too , or singaporeans with malaysian spouses etc. in fact, singaporeans who buying for personal use who bought at 300k a few years ago or at < 1M past 2 years are also quite glad they did it before floor price increased.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not forget about the High Speed Rail Station in Nusajaya to be completed by 2020. I agree that for the next few years the congestion at customs may be a problem, but come 2020, the HSR will make a daily commute as feasible as stating in Woodlands, Jurong East or Tampines.

We can expect to have frequencies of 10 minutes each train, and an integrated public transport network in Nusajaya to link the major townships (Sunway Iskandar, Medini, Puteri Harbour) to the HSR Station.

We need to take into account that most of the high rises buildings will only be completed in 2018, and thus, a couple of years would be bearable for those first movers.

i seriously doubt HSR will go every 10 mins. it's a high speed train to KL. maybe once every 2 hours, since one trip takes 90 mins. the train operator will be making money from long haul fares, not 2.50RM trip per pax to Jurong east.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i seriously doubt HSR will go every 10 mins. it's a high speed train to KL. maybe once every 2 hours, since one trip takes 90 mins. the train operator will be making money from long haul fares, not 2.50RM trip per pax to Jurong east.

Malpaso, you may want to read more about the HSR project on the internet. There is a lot of information. I have become almost an expert to on High Speed Rail and I can assure you that the plans are very different from your thoughts.

The only thing certain about your post is that the high speed rail will not cost 2.5 MYR even from nusajaya to Jurong East. It's going to be more expensive than that.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malpaso, you may want to read more about the HSR project on the internet. There is a lot of information. I have become almost an expert to on High Speed Rail and I can assure you that the plans are very different from your thoughts.

The only thing certain about your post is that the high speed rail will not cost 2.5 MYR even from nusajaya to Jurong East. It's going to be more expensive than that.

the challenge is whether the HSR will materialise in the first place.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

you're right I didn't do much research. my thought is merely that it won't be a mass rapid train to singapore, that's all. if it turns out otherwise then good for everyone commuting.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
you're right I didn't do much research. my thought is merely that it won't be a mass rapid train to singapore, that's all. if it turns out otherwise then good for everyone commuting.

Honestly.. I dont think there will be short trip service with interval of 10 mins between Nusajaya (speculated) and Sg.. however, it make sense to do so as it helps to improve the traffic condition between the two nations..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly.. I dont think there will be short trip service with interval of 10 mins between Nusajaya (speculated) and Sg.. however, it make sense to do so as it helps to improve the traffic condition between the two nations..

I share your opinion. it's a long haul, all seater service, with each train carrying about 300-400pax. Not a 10 min per train, hold on to the grab rail kind of commute. But i believe the japanese HSR do run short trips and very regaularly between suburb and tokyo. from my experinece (taken the cnunnel) don't recall short trips. There is also boarding time of 10-15mins, wiating for the train, clearing custom (in sg-nusajaya case if it materializes). Another factor determining HSR feasibility for short trips are the ticket prices, as well as cultural inclination to taking trains. if the price is 25RM one way, i think most will still end up driving. This reduces ridership catchment for implementing short haul trips. strictly IMO.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share your opinion. it's a long haul, all seater service, with each train carrying about 300-400pax. Not a 10 min per train, hold on to the grab rail kind of commute. But i believe the japanese HSR do run short trips and very regaularly between suburb and tokyo. from my experinece (taken the cnunnel) don't recall short trips. There is also boarding time of 10-15mins, wiating for the train, clearing custom (in sg-nusajaya case if it materializes). Another factor determining HSR feasibility for short trips are the ticket prices, as well as cultural inclination to taking trains. if the price is 25RM one way, i think most will still end up driving. This reduces ridership catchment for implementing short haul trips. strictly IMO.

yes. Ticket price will be the prime factor for consideration of alternative transportation.
For me..20 rm is acceptable. Anything more than that is high for me...

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, let met share a bit of info then..

It has been widely reported that the authorities are looking into the Taiwan HSR as a model for the SIN-KL High speed rail, given the same distance (340 km) and similar catchment population. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_High_Speed_Rail)

The trains have a passenger capacity of 989 seats.(similar to japenese model)
There are 70 daily departures for each direction (total of 140 both directions)
You can expect up to 6 trains during peak times 7:00 am to 8:00 AM and just 4 trains for non peak times.

It has been reported that the express trains will stop at three stations: Kl, Nusajaya and Singapore. The non express trains will stop at the 7 stations along the corridor.

In terms of pricing, you could expect 8 SGD for one way between Nusajaya and Signapore based on pricing of Taiwan high speed rail.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key thing now is to know where the HSR station will be located in Singapore (West Tuas, Jurong East or City Centre).The malaysians have already decided that it's going to be in Bandar Malaysia, the former Military Air Base.

Malpaso, if you take as an example the trainsets for the circle line and downtown line, the capacity is even smaller than the Taiwanese/Japanese train sets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alstom_Metropolis_C830

Amazing right.... I was also surprised to read this. To be fair, there are HSR trainsets with lower capacities like what you mentioned, but it looks like the trend is to build bigger trains sets now.

In terms of frequency, I agree that HSR will never match Singapore MRT, but with 10-15 minutes frequencies is fairly good.

You have mentioned as well about clearing the CIQ. Kindly be reminded that there will be co-located CIQ, that means that you will only clear both immigration in one location. Nowadays, it's pretty fast to clear immigration with the automated machines, so I don't expect to have long queues as a result of that.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key thing now is to know where the HSR station will be located in Singapore (West Tuas, Jurong East or City Centre).The malaysians have already decided that it's going to be in Bandar Malaysia, the former Military Air Base.

Malpaso, if you take as an example the trainsets for the circle line and downtown line, the capacity is even smaller than the Taiwanese/Japanese train sets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alstom_Metropolis_C830

Amazing right.... I was also surprised to read this. To be fair, there are HSR trainsets with lower capacities like what you mentioned, but it looks like the trend is to build bigger trains sets now.

In terms of frequency, I agree that HSR will never match Singapore MRT, but with 10-15 minutes frequencies is fairly good.

You have mentioned as well about clearing the CIQ. Kindly be reminded that there will be co-located CIQ, that means that you will only clear both immigration in one location. Nowadays, it's pretty fast to clear immigration with the automated machines, so I don't expect to have long queues as a result of that.

I beg to differ but the key thing now is how certain the HSR will be built. If it is built, I really dun care where it is situated in Johore or Singapore. I truly hope it will be built soon...

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg to differ but the key thing now is how certain the HSR will be built. If it is built, I really dun care where it is situated in Johore or Singapore. I truly hope it will be built soon...

I think it will be build but to have it completed by 2020 is going to be a concern..

reason..
1) Calibrated inflow of workers into Sg has caused Sg Gahmen to postpone some constuction project.. by having it to start building from 2016..(assuming).dont think it can be completed in 4 to 5 years..
2) Efficiency.. Sg need to worry only a small fraction of track.. MY has to lay all the way to KL..4 years enough?
3) Commercial.. since KL will have to cover most construction... how SG/MY to split profit/cost relating to train operation? Setup a company mutually own 50% for both Gahmens seem like the only possible solution... anyway.. this issue can be resolved but it certainly take time to negotiate..

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone got news on the building progress? The developer stopped the picture updates in Feb this year.

Dont know if there are any consequences now that there are many units left and delay in TOP

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really?:(

Are we expecting the IR Project may be delayed?

Anyone got news on the building progress? The developer stopped the picture updates in Feb this year.

Dont know if there are any consequences now that there are many units left and delay in TOP

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost no new launch in Medini except Sunway this year. Most condo developers there are holding back. Too arrogant of JB to impose $1 mil RM restriction. The Chinese developers' units wont move also. Danga Bay condo sales have stagnanted. Now the govt shd be regretting.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost no new launch in Medini except Sunway this year. Most condo developers there are holding back. Too arrogant of JB to impose $1 mil RM restriction. The Chinese developers' units wont move also. Danga Bay condo sales have stagnanted. Now the govt shd be regretting.

Correct and that why the sultan propose ban foreigners buy freehold landed and lower minimum purchase to 500k for condo....

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah. Already delayed from previous projection.

It's not as "hot" as previously expected leh.. or as what the agent tried to tell me.

I guess they had to impose rrstrictions for their own people's good and to ensure no over supply.

Those who bought Country Garden Danga Bay purely for investment now jialat. Think last year, people were on a buying frenzy.

There's a cloud of uncertainty now about how successful this whole Iskandar thingy is. Until we have more concrete plans in the next 2-3 years or so.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah. Already delayed from previous projection.

It's not as "hot" as previously expected leh.. or as what the agent tried to tell me.

I guess they had to impose rrstrictions for their own people's good and to ensure no over supply.

Those who bought Country Garden Danga Bay purely for investment now jialat. Think last year, people were on a buying frenzy.

There's a cloud of uncertainty now about how successful this whole Iskandar thingy is. Until we have more concrete plans in the next 2-3 years or so.

let hope HSR station is locate in or near Medini...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct and that why the sultan propose ban foreigners buy freehold landed and lower minimum purchase to 500k for condo....

JB flipped flopped so many rules in short span of time. Most buyers wont be so stupid to get caught. In any case condo bubble is quite established by now. Even a SG company pulled out of land deal to build condo recently.