• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is NSP's Malay Bureau the reason why Goh Meng Seng left NSP?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
psy83 said:
I have honestly not heard much from W.P since the G.E other then the recent parliament session, Nothing.

I think it is very smart of them. There do not want the PAP to run them down outside of parliament when they take over as Govt. SDP does not have this concern to worry about.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
That is actually penny wise pound foolish.

Goh Meng Seng

I think it is very smart of them. There do not want the PAP to run them down outside of parliament when they take over as Govt. SDP does not have this concern to worry about.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
That is actually penny wise pound foolish.

Goh Meng Seng

I agree that it is very foolish to keep pound anymore. By the way would appreciate your wise analysis on how making noise outside of parliament can improve the image of a party that already has significant representation in parliament. Please don't give us the same argument of a party that has no mandate at all.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, apparently you like to be the caretaker to come into war zone only after all battles are done. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

I agree that it is very foolish to keep pound anymore. By the way would appreciate your wise analysis on how making noise outside of parliament can improve the image of a party that already has significant representation in parliament. Please don't give us the same argument of a party that has no mandate at all.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
Well, apparently you like to be the caretaker to come into war zone only after all battles are done. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Don't be mistaken. Beating drums is not fighting a war. Anyway I am not a participant in any war.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Perspective has hinted in his post, its quite a reversal of roles. In the old SBF, nicks of various shady sorts were taunting WP and NSP for not speaking up in a timely manner. Now, you have bravely taken up the slack.

You are not wrong, as political engagement means airing your views on important social issues. However engagement means also following up by actual grassroots work, trying to get community leaders involved, pushing for MPs, ministers, etc, to do something about the situation, and that is whole package which we must judge the parties by. Being internet heros are for people like you and I. Lets judge the elected MPs by other yardsticks.

The point is, there are times WP would bring up the issue in Parliament in the end, at times (less often) as press releases. If it is Parliament, it has to wait till the next sitting which will be some time and pro-SDPers will put as "late". There are times they also do not comment, and while most of the time I disagree with the non-commenting, a few times I actually agree with not commenting. In the past, the chap has often taken SDP to task for commenting on or doing something - quite contrary to "any noise is good" theory that pro-SDPers used to believe and he used not to.

All these above variations and subjectiveness is now used to score political points on the net. The funnier thing is the chap going from Square 3 to Square 1 when those in Square 1 moved to Square 2. And that's considering 10 years in politics for people to stay intact and unprogressed - a long time. As expected, refuse to respond to you on that point. We know the real reasons have been established, I wonder how long people can run their own politics on steam and sour-grapeness. Unhealthy.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMSThe question that Fook Seng asked is reasonable and deserves an appropriate response. I am also of the view together other others that WP tends to be quiet outside Parliament and does not use the Net adequately. That has been their general approach. But they get better with each outing. So far their formula is reaping results. Maybe SDP and other detractors have devalued the currency of the local politics on the net. Nevertheless and answer is appreciated.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also of the view together other others that WP tends to be quiet outside Parliament and does not use the Net adequately. That has been their general approach. But they get better with each outing.

I am of the same view on the bold part, though I note that after GE 2011 it's a little different (but again 8 months is too short to make a conclusion). But this whole sentence is an apt response to psy83 at the same time.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually excited as their brain trust has increased significantly coupled with LTK acumen and shrewdness (which JW5 took pains to point out to me and he is right) there is clear opportunities.

I am of the same view on the bold part, though I note that after GE 2011 it's a little different (but again 8 months is too short to make a conclusion). But this whole sentence is an apt response to psy83 at the same time.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope all WP MPs and potentially winning candidates stop using the net adequately. Using the net adequately is the sure way to disaster and defeat. Let others use it for you.